trying to LAM after using BC - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 06-06-2007, 02:50 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
lets see how many acronyms i can use, eh?

for the record, i didnt get my period back after my first was born for 19 months. breastfed on demand, delayed solids until 7 months and used the mini pill but in reality, i was really bad about taking it. i would take it for a few days then forget, go a week without, take it the next day, forget, etc.

had two cycles then got pregnant with marcus. at my 6 week appointment, my midwife suggested the nuvaring because of my issues with forgetfulness. after two weeks, i started bleeding and then had a period. called midwife and she said it would be normal to have break-through bleeding with combination BC even if im still breastfeeding (and my oldest is still nursing twice a day!). so i tried one more cycle with the ring and again, at the start of week three, i had brownish discharge - looked like the dead blood at the end of your period and then after i took the ring out, my period started for real.

so im kinda sick of the nuvaring. i found an ovulite saliva moniter on the clearance table of my grocery store so ive been checking that for the last few days as well as other FAM techniques. im wondering if i will be able to suppress ovulation even though my period as technically come back. anyone been successful? either way im really thinking of just going with FAM. i really hate chemically altering my body, ya know? how do i know what's normal when im keeping things at an artificial state? im really thinking im at my family size and will go for permanent contraception in a year so before i kiss my fertility good-bye i would like to let my body do what it does best and honour it's awesomeness.

User Tag List