The return of AF... - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 18 Old 06-18-2007, 11:36 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
AF has returned to my life and my ds is 6 months old. Sigh. I know, it had to happen sometime, but 15 months without it was nice and I got used to it! I think my dd was about this age when AF returned to me after her birth 7 years ago.

FYI, last week, my nipples were sore when ds was nursing and I couldn't figure out why. Well, then a couple days later I got AF. Maybe that was why?

Anyway, just wanted to whine a bit.

Doing my best every day with DH , DD (11) , and DS (4)

#2 of 18 Old 06-18-2007, 11:47 AM

Sorry to hear! I don't mind getting AF so much, what I don't like about the first PP AF is that it's a signal that things are coming full circle and the pg/early months are really over and the baby is getting so big so fast!

Yes, you are right. The hormonal changes of AF can cause some nipple tenderness - also the changes surrounding ovulation (once that starts).

Hope you get a long break between AFs!
#3 of 18 Old 06-18-2007, 12:01 PM

Hi! AF isn't visiting me yet, but it's been on my mind some, since dd was 6 mos 5/30. What do you do about reduced supply? how big of an issue is this?

Crunchy mama to my beans (11/06 and 6/04): and with DH since '02. Expected a May flower and got a June bug!
#4 of 18 Old 06-18-2007, 12:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mama2Bean View Post
Hi! AF isn't visiting me yet, but it's been on my mind some, since dd was 6 mos 5/30. What do you do about reduced supply? how big of an issue is this?
I got mine when DD was 7 months. I was so sad. And the cramps! It was like being a teenager again.

I never noticed any supply issues. Not even nipple tenderness until after DD was 2. All I have ever read about says that there may be a slight one day dip around ovulation, but nothing to worry about.

One happy momma joy.gif to a very spirited little girl dust.gif, her tough little brother superhero.gif, and a happy little suprise late April 2012 stork-suprise.gif. Wife to an overworked and under paid husband geek.gif.

#5 of 18 Old 06-18-2007, 12:22 PM

yeah but it's a good thing! you can get preggers again! i still do not have AF and ds is pushing 8mo, i'm not breastfeeding so i wonder what is going on? anyone else have this happen?
#6 of 18 Old 06-18-2007, 12:29 PM

me too, me too! i love to whine about this too! AF came back to me at 7 WEEKS pp. I'm EBF, cosleeping, no pumping. I cried.

Erin, Catholic mama to three sweet boys: Ambrose (11/06),  Peter (3/08), and Joseph (9/10) and a sweet girl, Charlotte (7/12/12).

Joyfully expecting #5 April 2014!
#7 of 18 Old 06-18-2007, 06:59 PM - Thread Starter

Fortunately, there were no cramps with the return of AF. I now have an IUD, so maybe that has s/t to do with it.

On a positive note, I've heard many mamas (on MDC) post that sex got better (ie, less painful, more enjoyable) after AF returned, so... I'm sure hoping for that!

Doing my best every day with DH , DD (11) , and DS (4)

#8 of 18 Old 06-18-2007, 07:55 PM

You can get sore and have a drop in supply around ovulation and also around the time right before your period. The drop isn't horrible but it can be worse when you're dehydrated and malnourished.

AF returned for me when DD was about.. 4 or 5 months old. I can't quite remember. Earlier than I wanted it definitely. I figure, the body thinks it can sustain another kid. I'm not sure the mind can handle another one just yet though..
#9 of 18 Old 06-18-2007, 09:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by granolalight View Post
On a positive note, I've heard many mamas (on MDC) post that sex got better (ie, less painful, more enjoyable) after AF returned, so... I'm sure hoping for that!

that was my experience with dd....along with a raging libido ......dd was 10 mo. for that reason alone, i am looking forward to the return of menstruation
#10 of 18 Old 06-19-2007, 12:41 PM

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by sunnmama View Post
that was my experience with dd....along with a raging libido ......dd was 10 mo. for that reason alone, i am looking forward to the return of menstruation
lol you guys are giving me hope.

Andrea , child of God, wife of Tim , mama of L, B, J, J

I'm a Younique Presenter. Come check it out!!
Want to get paid daily and start earning as soon as 24 hours after sign up? Join my team!
#11 of 18 Old 06-19-2007, 01:29 PM

Af????
#12 of 18 Old 06-19-2007, 01:58 PM

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Quoted: 17 Post(s)
AF = Aunt Flo(w), aka your period.

Andrea , child of God, wife of Tim , mama of L, B, J, J

I'm a Younique Presenter. Come check it out!!
Want to get paid daily and start earning as soon as 24 hours after sign up? Join my team!
#13 of 18 Old 06-20-2007, 12:04 AM

I would have taken 6 months! LOL Mine came back despite EBF'ing around the clock from day one at 4 months PP. And it sucked because we were SOOO ready to TTC but I didn't start O'ing until 10 months. So that left me dealing with 3 stupid AF's until then for literally no reason.

LOL...I'm just a weee bit bitter about it!

Me (27) DH (30)...9 Years

DD (7) ~ DD (4) ~ DS (3)

Praying our April 2013 baby sticks!! joy.gif

Babies in Heaven...angel.gif 9/04 angel.gif 2/05 angel.gif 3/11 angel.gif 4/11 angel.gif 6/11 angel.gif 11/11 angel.gif 2/12 (along with my tube greensad.gif )

#14 of 18 Old 06-20-2007, 04:14 PM

I'm glad to read this. My newbie is almost 5 mo old, at 3 mo old I had spotting on and off. Last week I had oodles of mucous and yesterday and today my nips are so sore I want to scream at latch on.
My dh joked last weekend that I'm pregnant! I hope not, in that i have some medical issues that need to be resolved.
I'm hoping that the sore boobs are AF approaching and not pregnancy.
#15 of 18 Old 06-27-2007, 12:48 AM

I had my first PP cycle last month (DD is 13 mos. now) I went 11 mos. with my first. MAybe it helps that they both nursed around the clock, or maybe I'm just lucky. I knew AF was on her way when my CM increased a bunch, and sure enough I was right (Thanks TCOYF!). I was excited to be able to use my Diva cup. I love it so.
#16 of 18 Old 07-01-2007, 03:28 PM

I just got mine back at 15 months pp, which was a great change from the 6 months the previous two times. Thanks to night-nursing for that!

No raging libido this time, though. Which is probably a good thing because I'm really not ready for 4 under 6!

Busy, hectic, HAPPY single mom to 3 awesome kiddos jumpers.gif DD1 (10) DS (8) DD2 (6)

#17 of 18 Old 07-13-2007, 12:26 AM
J2

Quote:
Originally Posted by lah7 View Post
No raging libido this time, though. Which is probably a good thing because I'm really not ready for 4 under 6!
You can have a rage in libido? That would be nice. Because I don't want DH to think that I just want to BD a lot when TTC. We have been BDing some for fun anyhow, so that is good. But AF did just come back today - DS is 15mos. But we don't want to TTC until he is 2. So I need to work on making sure we BD lots for fun until then. So a rise in libido would be great!
#18 of 18 Old 07-13-2007, 12:19 PM

I'm also wondering about the effect on milk supply. I was 20 months pp when I got AF back after dd1 and I got pregnant with dd2 4 months later. Now dd2 is 9 months and still no AF!

Grateful midwife and peaceful mama to three blissfully birthed, amazing children: dd (10)dd (7) and  ds (5).

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page