How Can I Bring On Ovulation? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 08-03-2007, 03:59 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
My DD is breastfed, almost 1 year old, and I still haven't had a PPAF yet. We want to TTC soon (biological clock is ticking)- but obviously can't until I ovulate. Is there a way to bring on AF sooner-- without weaning my daughter? (I don't want to wean her until she's ready and she's NOT ready!). Thanks!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-03-2007, 06:40 PM

Some people have had success with taking Vitex (Chasteberry Extract) herbal supplements - I have heard that it only works if your body is ready; it can bring your cycle back and/or even it out if it's very irregular; but for other people it doesn't do anything. HTH!

Kerriintactlact.gif blessed single mama to Teresa 8/2/02blahblah.gif, Madeleine 5/28/04dust.gif, Andrew 6/25/06jammin.gif, and Isabelle ribboncesarean.gif11/27/08energy.gif

Old 08-03-2007, 08:36 PM - Thread Starter

Thank you!!! Do you know what dosage of vitex is recommended? Does it interfere with BM supply? TIA!
Old 08-10-2007, 06:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by urthmama View Post
Thank you!!! Do you know what dosage of vitex is recommended? Does it interfere with BM supply? TIA!
Sorry, haven't been online much lately!

I took the Vitex capsules about 3 times a day, not sure if that's "right" but that's what I had been told! And from what I've heard, it can cause a small decrease in supply, but usually only if you take it too early (when bfing isn't fully established yet). By 1 year, I wouldn't be worried about that.

Kerriintactlact.gif blessed single mama to Teresa 8/2/02blahblah.gif, Madeleine 5/28/04dust.gif, Andrew 6/25/06jammin.gif, and Isabelle ribboncesarean.gif11/27/08energy.gif

Old 08-11-2007, 03:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by urthmama View Post
My DD is breastfed, almost 1 year old, and I still haven't had a PPAF yet. We want to TTC soon (biological clock is ticking)- but obviously can't until I ovulate. Is there a way to bring on AF sooner-- without weaning my daughter? (I don't want to wean her until she's ready and she's NOT ready!). Thanks!!!
Hi, i saw your post and i want to ttc naturally but need something to help bring on ovulation too. Then i looked at your signature. My ds was born the same day. So happy early b-day to your sweet girl!

User Tag List