Mothering Forum banner

Bfing and fertility????

581 views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  naturegirl7 
#1 ·
Ok--I'm only 3.5 months pp with baby #3 and 15 days ago I thought I O'd. I had a huge amount of ewcm along with pink spotting and a horrible headache (which I thought was hormone related--felt like the headache I got around O when I conceived DS1). I have never had my first ppaf before 8 months ... so this would be extremely early...but baby sleeps all the way through the night already. Well--I had sore nipples for a while in the last few weeks and then toward the end of the two weeks I started getting moody like pms and very slightly crampy and now since yesterday I've had a lot of cm again and some tan spotting...but no af. WWYD? Should I go get a hpt? I don't think I am pg but I guess there is a possibility?

#2 ·
3.5 months seems awfully early. I found that just knowing more about charting cycles I was looking for things and saw them, even though they didn't really mean anything. I saw EWCM more than 6 months before I finally o'ed, so w/o temping, I don't know that I would necessarily say EWCM=o'ing, KWIM? But you can get a HPT at the dollar store if you're really curious.

#3 ·
Hi! Thanks for the reply. I think it is early, as well...but my sister had a baby a month before myself and got AF back at exactly 3 months! I guess anything is possible. I took a hpt today just to make sure because I know something hormonal was going on...but it was neg. Probably my body just trying to work through all the different hormones.

#4 ·
I got my PP AF at 3 months. Not what I was expecting!

It is possible to ovulate BEFORE you get your first PP period. It is possible to get pregnant if you are having unprotected sex when you ovulate.

EBFing helps delay return of your fertility when baby is often at the breast - once solids start - that is one less feeding and can result in a return of fertility. Sleeping thru the night - that is atleast one, but often several less feedings and often can result in return of fertility.

I would POAS.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.