post-preg fert return? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 10 Old 08-23-2007, 09:11 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Okay -
I'm 8+ mo post partum from my 3rd birth. No fert signs to speak of, but my milk supply has dropped a bit these last couple months so I'm starting to wonder. Then, this am, my DH and I had a rare moment alone while the kids were all snoozing and my cervix seemed to be way low. But by the time I was able to check myself later it didn't seem that low at all, rather high in fact. But soft. Ummmmmm. Can someone summerize for me. WHat the heck does a cervix do before the actual return to fertilitiy. Should I be experiencing the ups and downs as things kick back into gear? And, ummmm ...... how likely is it that I was fertile this morning?

hehehehehe
yes, i know, i should have been keeping a better eye on things.
#2 of 10 Old 08-23-2007, 11:32 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Have you noticed what your cervical mucus has been up to today?

Laurie, wife to guitar.gifDH (Aug/04), mom tobikenew.gifDS1 (Nov/05) and bfinfant.gifDS2 (June/12).

#3 of 10 Old 08-23-2007, 11:42 PM - Thread Starter

I don't want to depend too much on cervical mucus signs after sex for obvious reasons, but I haven't noticed any mucus signs at all. And now that I'm feeling a bit more objective, I haven't seen any CM the last few days or at any point in the last 8 mo. And after reading up a bit, I think the cervix actually moves UP with fertile stage and is low at other points? Am I getting that right.

I think I'll take this as a wake up reminder and start charting. Even though there's not much action, I'll feel better if I'm in the mode of checking on things. And get better about the BC too : --
#4 of 10 Old 08-24-2007, 12:25 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
The cervix moves up, opens, and softens when fertile.

I'd say you're likely in the clear. According to Toni Weschler's tcoyf (which I'm reading iwth avegence) doing kegels after sex can help get rid of the semen quicker, so you can determine what your CM is actually like sooner.

Good read: http://www.kellymom.com/bf/normal/fertility.html (the sooner after being pp, the less likely anything your body does is actually fertile, just 'gearing up')

Laurie, wife to guitar.gifDH (Aug/04), mom tobikenew.gifDS1 (Nov/05) and bfinfant.gifDS2 (June/12).

#5 of 10 Old 08-24-2007, 08:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by violet View Post
. And get better about the BC too : --
OMG!!!!!!! You do NOT want to KNOW about my freaking fertility!!!!!!!! i am ,like, the most fertile woman ever!!! i could have had a ten month old baby and a newborn at the same time! it is freaking insane! my lady time returned and my baby is a mere 8 weeks old!!!!!!!!!!!!! she breastfeeds EVERY half HOUR! (she can do that for HOURS on end!) how is this even possible that i can be fertile again???!! good gracious! I am so mad!

I thought that as long as you were B'feeding, that you could go 4-6 months (usually until the baby starts to take "solid" foods) with out having your female monthly time... and ... therefore, had a mere 6% chance of getting pregnant (IF your monthly cycle has not yet returned!!!!!!!!!) (is this information correct????)

anyway. I am just really mad! sorry!

ps. actually,IRONICALLY::: i did want two kids, close in age, so that they could play togather (before i actually had this baby , that keeps me so busy that i can barely eat, or shower--- forget cleaning the house...) i dont know how anyone can take care of two babies if one baby feeds every half hour for hours on end! so, i guess the moral of this story is to be careful what you wish for!!!!!!!! LOL
#6 of 10 Old 08-24-2007, 08:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eirual View Post
The cervix moves up, opens, and softens when fertile.

I'd say you're likely in the clear. According to Toni Weschler's tcoyf (which I'm reading iwth avegence) doing kegels after sex can help get rid of the semen quicker, so you can determine what your CM is actually like sooner.

Good read: http://www.kellymom.com/bf/normal/fertility.html (the sooner after being pp, the less likely anything your body does is actually fertile, just 'gearing up')
The average time for the return of menstrual periods is 14.6 months.

thats from the website!
#7 of 10 Old 08-29-2007, 04:02 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
I have to laugh. I thought you said Post Preg fart return? I was thinking "boy, I hear ya!"

Mommy to THREE sweet boys & ONE sweet girl + a newb due in February!  I need a nap. 
#8 of 10 Old 09-07-2007, 01:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovingmommyhood View Post
I have to laugh. I thought you said Post Preg fart return? I was thinking "boy, I hear ya!"
:
#9 of 10 Old 09-09-2007, 07:07 PM

with temping I saw a return at 10 weeks. I have my first af (warning?) at 6 weeks. Then typically have 6 week cycles with a later O for 6-7months, then have another baby by 16months

But I too have read the average is later. I'd like to know what section of the population they spoke to. Every middle class woman I know has periods from 4months on. I've been teaching for a # of years, so I know ALOT of women .

I want to know how old the study is too.

it seems from observation the better fed mommas af returns sooner.

Carrie, The Birthteacher CCE and Doula, real mom to five; and womb-mom to G. born at 23w by emergency C. 12/09
#10 of 10 Old 09-10-2007, 02:46 AM

I've seen mine vary from 21 months till return and my most recent was 11 months. It really can differ from woman to woman and don't forget the things that can factor in to it. ANY supplimental sucking definatley makes a difference... pacifiers/bottles and of course the amount of time baby goes in between nursing etc. Some mamas just get it back quick regardless, which is such a bummer I'm sure.

It's so hard to tell what the heck is going on with fertility while nursing. I went through the same thing and I was SOOOOOO glad honestly to see AF return! I just needed to know what was happening. There was a time it didn't bother me but at this point in my life I really needed to know. I hear you mama. Once 6 months hits and food starts coming into the picture, I started stressin' I kept a CLOSE eye on CM and looked for every little sign I could. I saw lots of things happening way before she returned but I knew it was going to happen. My fertility signs started showing up about 2ish months before hand with each time. When I got uncomfortable with not knowing what was up we started using a diaphragm jic.

Ima to Mizz.Jonas- 14, Isman- 12,Javsar- 9, Nani Gweesa- 4 and Baby Micah born into the Universe sleeping at full term Oct. 19th 2008 and Partner to Abba ~ belly.gif8/2011  Grateful to be Dead  broc1.gif

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page