5 mo and starting period again :( - Page 2 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 09-30-2007, 11:27 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
6 weeks with dd #1. i was sooo mad! she nursed all night and day...didn't seem to make a difference. and it was regular from then until i got pregnant the second time with ds. it was 2 months for my first period then when he was 4/5 months and now regular since then...
yes, some of you are very lucky! my mom didn't have hers for 1 year!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-01-2007, 02:29 AM

I'm the same as you...my DS is exclusively bf around the clock, whenever he wants. We also don't use a paci and yet AF came back after just 4 months. With DD it didn't until she was 9 months old. The only difference between the two is that with DS I had an over supply and strong letdown problem so that as soon as he could he started using his thumb for most of his sucking needs. He sadly only uses boobie for food and is very fast about it, too (although he's getting better now). Anyway, that's the reason why my periods turned up early this time. I read somewhere (kellymom I think) that the volume of milk removed determines the milk supply, whereas the frequency and length of suckling determine the hormone levels. At the end of the day, though, everybody is different and different women are differently sensitive to the bf hormones. The important thing is that it won't affect your bf relationship and also, if you want to try for another liitle one, it's always better to know AF has returned that having to wait for her.

Julia, unschooling mum to Gemma (5), Benny (3) and Dom (1)joy.gif
Old 10-03-2007, 10:38 PM

I never got a break w/ dd. I bled for 13 wks pp w/ ds and 12 wks w/ dd. Dd then proceeded to go on a 6-wk nursing strike (due to reflux--I had to "trick" her and feed her in her sleep and she wouldn't take a bottle either), during which af came back full force.
Old 10-23-2007, 11:49 AM

With DS#2, I nursed on demand, we did use a paci, but we co-sleep, babywear (4-5 hours a day in the beginning!), etc. and I got my AF back at 3 months PP. And it's been like clockwork from the very beginning.

Taylor, committed to my Soldier. Lovin' my boys. Gabriel ('05) , Xavier ('07) and Mason ('09). Proud HBAC mama x 2.
Old 11-01-2007, 06:50 PM

Some of us are just 'lucky' that way, I guess...I just got mine back this morning. Like you, am EBF (DD is 5 1/2 months)...she still nurses about every 2-3 hours during the day and several times at night. With my first it wasn't until about 10 months PP, so this was not expected! Oh well...at least now I know when to keep DH away from me...

Newly single mama to Squidget hearts.gif, Roo energy.gifand the newest two babyboy.gif  babyboy.gif  11/24/10
caffix.gif  treehugger.gif  fambedsingle2.gif   chicken3.gif
Old 11-01-2007, 10:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by spinmom View Post
Our daughter is almost 5 months old and today I started my period. She is exclusively breast fed and I thought my period wouldn't start until she began weening. Is this normal? Any ideas why this happened?
It's the biggest trick, isn't it?

My period came back with my first at 6 WEEKS post partum. Exclusively on-cue breastfeeding, around the clock. My daughter LOVED to nurse - would do it constantly. Still got my period back, like clockwork from then on.

Period came back 14 weeks post partum with my son, has been like clockwork until this past week... uh oh.

Tweet me: @kellynaturally Working Mom to 2 Montessori-schooled kids. We're a vegetarian family! I blog at kellynaturally.com <--link in my profile!

Old 11-04-2007, 01:33 AM

My fertility returned around 3 months PP despite exclusive nursing, co-sleeping, etc. I guess I'm just lucky!??

Kim - Wife to Liam , Unschooly mama to Nick (10/00) Lily (09/05) and Olivia (07/09)
Old 11-07-2007, 12:43 AM

I was surprised when AF returned today! DD is 3.5 months. With DS I was 10 months pp before AF returned. Still nursing frequently with DD. Like aurinia said, at least I'll know when to keep dh away from me!

Wife to DH(15 years)and Mama to: Jacob(5/02)kid.gifribbonpurple.gif, and Alina(7/07)energy.gifI luxlove.gifbellyhair.gif
Old 11-15-2007, 04:14 PM

Quote:
I got mine at 6.5 weeks (yes WEEKS!) post partum. It's come as regularly as ever since then. And we exclusively breastfed on demand, co-slept, no bottles/pacis at that age, etc. Some of us are just "lucky."
"Lucky" here too...

JoAnn Married almost 12 years to DH Chris.  DS1 01/05 DS2 09/09 DS3 05/12.

User Tag List