Can your cervix move up and down? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 9 Old 09-29-2007, 01:34 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Lately my cervix has been firm and low (since O'ing a bout a week and a half ago). Today, it seems to be a little higher than the past few days. Can your cervix go up and down- does it matter what time of day you check?

This is my first cycle checking my cervix, so I'm still trying to get to know it

Laurie, wife to guitar.gifDH (Aug/04), mom tobikenew.gifDS1 (Nov/05) and bfinfant.gifDS2 (June/12).

#2 of 9 Old 09-29-2007, 04:30 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
yes it can go up and down, and yes it matters what time of day you check. if you check soon after you've been laying down say for a nap or just waking up in the morning it will be higher than if you check after standing up all day. it does move higher and higher as you approach max fertility, and then will come down relatively quickly after you ovulate.
#3 of 9 Old 09-30-2007, 01:04 AM

Up and down. Forward and back. Not so much side-to-side, though It can also change shape, firmness, openness, etc. as part of a cycle.
#4 of 9 Old 10-11-2007, 05:10 AM

Yes it can move up and down pregnant or not. In pregnancy, the gynecologist can push it up and feel a rebound, a phenomenon called ballotment. The baby bounded on and off the cervix and can be felt.
#5 of 9 Old 10-11-2007, 09:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ginah View Post
Yes it can move up and down pregnant or not. In pregnancy, the gynecologist can push it up and feel a rebound, a phenomenon called ballotment. The baby bounded on and off the cervix and can be felt.
My daughter would push both feet on my cervix over and over. OUCH.
#6 of 9 Old 10-15-2007, 09:35 PM

Yes. Its position at various points of your cycle is one of the fertility signals you need to track for FAM to be accurate as birth control.

savithny, 42 year old moderate mom to DS Primo (age 12) and DD Secunda (age 9).

#7 of 9 Old 10-16-2007, 12:26 PM

In my experience, it also matters whether your bowels are full... if so, it feels much higher to me.
#8 of 9 Old 10-16-2007, 08:17 PM

This may not quite be the right place for my question but I was just about to post a thread on ttc about this and found your chat:
How long after the cervix moves from its pre-O high, soft, open position to its low firm closed position should you see a temp change? Yesterday it was SHOW when I woke up at 7, then low and firm at around 3pm. I thought for sure I'd see a temp change today but nada.
Can anyone shed any light on the timing of all this? I've never waited this long to O. Thanks.

Proud Mama to Liam Greenleaf 5/31/10
#9 of 9 Old 10-16-2007, 11:39 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
My last cycle I missed the second day after O, but my temp rised on day 3 po.

I dtd unprotected after *I* knew I was infertile, the Ovulsoft program however waits 'til your third higher temp to deem you infertile. So I was feeling like I might have goofed, but all turned out as I had expected.

Laurie, wife to guitar.gifDH (Aug/04), mom tobikenew.gifDS1 (Nov/05) and bfinfant.gifDS2 (June/12).

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page