PPAF??? What is this? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 6 Old 11-27-2007, 01:19 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Ok...I'm still BFing my 6 month old and I think I have my PPAF now. 4 days ago I started having very light spotting w/cm which lasted for 2 days. It started off sort of brownish/dark red. By day 3 it seemed a little lighter and then got a little bit darker/heavier...but only enough to use about 1 pad a day--if that (mostly just a panty liner). What is this? I don't have any cramps or other PMS symtoms. I usually have super heavy periods. With DS1 I got PPAF at 10 months pp and w/DS2 I got it around 8 months. So this is early for me...but have never had anything like this before. Ughh... Anyone go through something similar?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 6 Old 11-27-2007, 01:08 PM

I'm 18 months pp and I have been having the exact same spotting ...two times this month..I think it's my body gearing back up for fertility, I had to wean to even get here so it's encouraging...I'm sorry you feel yours is too soon, but I am thankful you posted this as it makes me feel a little better knowing I'm not the only one with this strange spotting and stuff
#3 of 6 Old 11-27-2007, 07:58 PM - Thread Starter

Thanks for the reply. I just never had this before (except during the first trimester with my 2nd and 3rd babies). I was just concerned because it isn't really heavy enough to be a period but it is still going on (5 days now).
#4 of 6 Old 12-05-2007, 01:48 PM

So here's an update....ff finally gave me crosshairs(first "cycle" temping, 34 days) I was sooo excited to know I might be back in the game only to find out that evening that I have maybe started my first ppaf???? The thing is I don't know what the hell it is or if I should even consider it a af ......my temp is still up but I had brownish blood when i wiped this morning, more than when I was spotting but not enough for a pad?!?!?!?!? AHHHHHHH this is sooo frustrating .......someone HELP!!!!!
#5 of 6 Old 12-06-2007, 12:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mama2noah View Post
So here's an update....ff finally gave me crosshairs(first "cycle" temping, 34 days) I was sooo excited to know I might be back in the game only to find out that evening that I have maybe started my first ppaf???? The thing is I don't know what the hell it is or if I should even consider it a af ......my temp is still up but I had brownish blood when i wiped this morning, more than when I was spotting but not enough for a pad?!?!?!?!? AHHHHHHH this is sooo frustrating .......someone HELP!!!!!
Hey! You didn't say anything about the spotting inthe other thread! I think that's a great sign. If you got crosshairs and spotting a day later, I'll bet it was ovulatory spotting! How are your temps now?
#6 of 6 Old 12-06-2007, 04:26 PM

going ...do..ww.www.w.w..nnnnnnnnn. That would give me one very short luteal phase...Whatever, who know's the darn spotting stopped this morning...spotting ..ppaf???? I wondered about ovulation spotting but I'm still on the fence...sorry for not mentioning it :

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page