AF Still A No Show - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 41 Old 01-15-2008, 03:19 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Almost 2 weeks late now....yep....still waiting on AF....anyone else experience this frustration? What was the outcome? Really pregnant, cysts or period came eventually? Oh I just started charting, here's my link. http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/1ec93a

Just talked to the doctor's office and my hcg was less than 2. So that's a BFN...So it probably was a chemical pregnancy and that's why I'm late. I am a little relieved because I take MTX for Rhematoid Arthritis. I haven't been taking it the past couple of months though consistently. But I was still scared. I'm going off it now and hopefully will conceive in the next few months! I guess it wasn't meant to be yet.

I took another test this morning w/fmu & it was lighter than the one I posted. That's what I was afraid of. Shouldn't it be a darker line by now? I'm going in for a blood test today. I'm scared because w/the hpt being so faint the bt may not pick up hcg. I've read all these stories of pos hpt and neg bt & it's freakin me out! Think positive, think positive...

Thanks for all your encouragement and help everyone, I really appreciate it.

recap on pics - FactPlus taken 6 days ago, that's the blue one, the $tree one taken yesterday, BFN (I think?), then as stated above. Don't have a pic of that one.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/22847001@N02/?saved=1
#2 of 41 Old 01-15-2008, 03:44 PM

THe pic isn't available.

Serenity LDS mommy to 4 rambunctious kidlets
#3 of 41 Old 01-15-2008, 03:53 PM - Thread Starter

I'm so sorry - try it now. If it still doesn't work, let me know. BTW, the line occurred before 10 min. It was about 3-5 min. after testing.
#4 of 41 Old 01-15-2008, 03:55 PM

That looks more blue than gray to me. Aren't evaps supposed to be gray?

#5 of 41 Old 01-15-2008, 03:58 PM - Thread Starter

that's what i've been reading - and i've read it usually occurs way after the 10min. but there's a first for everything i suppose. I know it's kind of hard to tell in the pics. The line isn't really a pale grey though as you said, it also looks more blue to me. IDK! :
#6 of 41 Old 01-15-2008, 04:01 PM

if that line showed up under the time limit, I'd say.... Congratulations!!!
#7 of 41 Old 01-15-2008, 04:05 PM - Thread Starter

that's what my friends are saying but i think i'm in denial! this will be my 3rd if it is indeed a positive
i do have pregnancy symptoms, horrible lower backaches, tender breasts, nipples are getting bigger and more bumps, waves of nausea and dizziness - i have attributed it all to my period, which should start in the next few days
i have to say i can't remember having a backache this bad w/a period, well ever I think!
#8 of 41 Old 01-15-2008, 04:06 PM - Thread Starter

and your boy is adorable!
#9 of 41 Old 01-15-2008, 06:33 PM

Well, if the postive indicator is the - then I think it is positive. But if only a - is a negative, then I think it is negative. I wasn't aware that digital tests had evap lines?
#10 of 41 Old 01-15-2008, 09:10 PM

looks like my very early positive.. try again in a day or so with FMU I'd also suggest a pink dye test. the blue dye tests drove me batty. you might have gotten BFN on the other tests you took, especially if they were a different brand, because they need more of HCG to show a positive result. check on peeonastick.com

eta: I found hte picture of my very early positive, I was around 9DPO.. it's so faint you can barely see it
#11 of 41 Old 01-16-2008, 12:48 AM

I've had that same line time and again with the +/- type tests. Its blue, yes, but it was never a positive. Just an evap line, even w/in the time limits.
#12 of 41 Old 01-16-2008, 02:19 AM

Both those tests do look the same.... but I'd retest for second opinion.

Maybe wait a day or two and test again FMU different brand?? A FRER maybe?

I'd be goin' freakin' nuts in the mean time!!!

OBVIOUS
#13 of 41 Old 01-16-2008, 02:36 AM

with ds we tested 4 days before period and our line was VERY faint. Looked just like that. all the negatives i've ever had never looked like that.

ETA: that early before a period there is a high rate of false negatives, that might explain the negatives... Or you could just be not pregnant... Trying again in a couple days should be a good garentee
#14 of 41 Old 01-16-2008, 04:54 PM - Thread Starter

All of you have been so helpful. The picture of yours TexasPeach...mine looked just like that in the first couple of minutes. At first I was like, no way, then as the time progressed it just kept getting darker. IDK. It is driving me crazy though. It's all I can think about! Right now, I'm trying not to get my hopes up and going w/negative. All the evap ones on peeonastick.com don't look like mine so again idk. They are more off color or not a complete line or something.
#15 of 41 Old 01-16-2008, 05:13 PM

Are you going to try a different brand when you retest?
#16 of 41 Old 01-16-2008, 05:34 PM - Thread Starter

Most definitely. I did try one yesterday evening from $ tree. One of the cheapies. At first, I thought I saw two lines, but decided against it and pitched it. Now after looking at peeonastick.com, I'm not so sure! Some of those positives I could barely see! I do not like waiting! aarrrrgghhh!
I also have a FRER that I'm going to try. Will try to wait until Fri morning since that is about the day AF should be visiting.
#17 of 41 Old 01-16-2008, 05:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsmtree View Post
Most definitely. I did try one yesterday evening from $ tree. One of the cheapies. At first, I thought I saw two lines, but decided against it and pitched it. Now after looking at peeonastick.com, I'm not so sure! Some of those positives I could barely see! I do not like waiting! aarrrrgghhh!
I also have a FRER that I'm going to try. Will try to wait until Fri morning since that is about the day AF should be visiting.
JHC you probably did! Can you dig it out? Wait, thats probably isnt a good idea now, LOL.

You have more self-control than I do, I would have tested again by now for sure if I thought I saw a hint of two lines!
#18 of 41 Old 01-16-2008, 06:20 PM - Thread Starter

I'm REALLY tempted but I'm afraid it will just say neg again so I'm going to wait. Can't dig it out - it's at the dump already!
I can't believe how some of these are pos. I just thought I was seeing things! I guess we'll see in a few days!
#19 of 41 Old 01-16-2008, 06:58 PM

Taking the FRER on the day your period is due should give you an answer. Good luck.
#20 of 41 Old 01-16-2008, 10:24 PM - Thread Starter

would the $ tree brand pick it up on the day of my period or would you guys suggest an early response test?
#21 of 41 Old 01-16-2008, 10:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsmtree View Post
I'm REALLY tempted but I'm afraid it will just say neg again so I'm going to wait. Can't dig it out - it's at the dump already!
I can't believe how some of these are pos. I just thought I was seeing things! I guess we'll see in a few days!
the first tests I took were so incredibly faint. the first one I threw away and sighed with relief because I THOUGHT it was negative. stupid me pulled it out of the trash, of course it was after the time limit, but there was a very very faint pink line. I took a total of something like 8 tests (hey those faint lines are hard to read! I needed to be sure), 3 FRER, 3 CBE +/-, and two dollar store tests, I took a $store one the day AF was due and got a nice dark line.

anyway, I swore it was all in my head. I seriously thought it was a shadow or I was imagining things. what DH suggested was opening a brand new test, and comparing it against the used test. that showed that there was obviously a line where there wasn't to begin with.
#22 of 41 Old 01-17-2008, 01:46 PM - Thread Starter

So did the other tests seem negative too? Was it finally the $tree one that confirmed it?

Also, I had some light spotting last week that I thought was the beginning of an early period. IF that was implantation, and that's a big IF, then how long until the hcg would show up?
#23 of 41 Old 01-17-2008, 10:38 PM

I don't know if it's my eyes playing tricks on me , like an after image or something, but I think I see a faint positive on your dollar tree test....
#24 of 41 Old 01-17-2008, 10:57 PM - Thread Starter

OMG - I can't believe you said that bcause I was thinking the same thing. But then I was like, no...it's my eyes playing tricks on me. But if someone else may see it then it could be...!
#25 of 41 Old 01-17-2008, 11:55 PM

I totally see the second line on the dollar tree test, too.

#26 of 41 Old 01-18-2008, 12:11 AM

I think I see a faint + too. Its hard to tell if I stare too long, but I definantly think I saw it.
#27 of 41 Old 01-19-2008, 06:46 AM

Sweetie, I'm sorry.

FRER ain't the end-all beat-all. It could be you're wanting it so bad, or it could really be preg. hormones, but with those symptoms I wouldn't write the possibility of preg. off completely. I mean, I really do see a line on the $tree test... although a chem. is possible... Wait for AF, then test again if she's late. That's as good a plan right?? Then for sure you should know what's up by then.

I'm still rooting for you! :
#28 of 41 Old 01-19-2008, 08:25 PM - Thread Starter

Thanks Sioko and all of you for being so supportive and understanding.
#29 of 41 Old 01-19-2008, 10:47 PM

there is totally a line on the equate one!!!

congratulations!!!!!!
#30 of 41 Old 01-19-2008, 11:26 PM

That's for sure a positive, congratulations! When would your AF be due?

Living it up with DH, DD 6, DD 4, DS 1 and
:

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page