Success with methods for choosing the sex? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 4 Old 01-18-2008, 06:02 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Anyone have any advice here? My dh is desperate for a boy (he loves our dds but he really wants a boy). I've read some info on choosing the sex based on position and ttc at the end of an ovulatory period rather than begining or middle. Anyone have any method that they feel was successful for them?
#2 of 4 Old 01-19-2008, 10:01 AM

We used the Shettles Method to concieve a boy (with success). We really didn't care if we had a boy or a girl but we just kind of picked boy since we already had a boy. It was kind of like a science experiment..."lets see if we can make a boy again!".
Look into the Shettles Method. They say it is easier to make a boy than a girl

Mama to DS1 (4/04) DS2 (HBAC 11/06) DS3 (HBAC 12/08) DS4 (HBAC 1/11). Wife to one handsome hard working DH.
#3 of 4 Old 01-19-2008, 09:32 PM

I have been looking into this as well. We actually had our beautiful dd after an attempt for a boy using the shettles method.
I have been going to www.in-gender.com lately just to check out methods for ttc a certain sex. There are forums on there and the info is very interesting. You may want to check it out. It seems like there is a lot more to it than just timing and position. Body pH, cervical fluid, etc come in to play. Plus, there are supplements you can take to sway the chances. Good luck. We are going to have an attempt in Feb to make a Scorpio boy. I guess, it is really up to god, but its interesting to try.
#4 of 4 Old 01-19-2008, 11:39 PM

Yes, in-gender.com is an amazing website with so much info that your head will be spinning. It is overwhelming but fascinating. They say that Shettles has a fairly big failure rate. They talk about everything from PH to moon phases (ions given out for different sexes). Search around on it and you'll find lists of people who have had successes (and their methods) with ttc certain sex. Good luck!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page