What does a (very early) miscarriage look like? - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 9 Old 06-19-2008, 08:46 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I have been trying to chart my cycle since I had my IUD removed about 2 months ago, but I haven't been doing very well at it. My temps have been all over the place, and my other signs don't seem to be following a pattern either. So I've gotten really frustrated and not been consistent. DH got impatient too, and we DTD 16 and 19 days ago. I got AF immediately after having the IUD removed, and not again until yesterday. But the day before, I had a LOT of fluid. At first it was pink-tinged, and really reminded me of the mucus plug I lost right before having DD. Then it turned light brown and was still coming in pretty good clumps. And yesterday the AF seemed to be mixed with a lot of fluid as well. I have no experience with miscarriages, but since I've been learning about NFP, I realize that they are quite common. Could this be what happened?

#2 of 9 Old 06-19-2008, 11:28 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Hugs, mama! I would look at the sticky under Pregnancy and Birth Loss about miscarriages. You might find some helpful information there.

Mama to add 10/05; ds 3/09, and two angels
#3 of 9 Old 06-22-2008, 12:21 AM

It's possible but really hard to know at this stage.

If your body is just getting used to cycles without the IUD, it could just be a getting-back-to-normal kind of thing.

If it were a chemical pg 16-19 days after ovulation, it won't be much different than AF. My chemical was identical to AF except for losing a small mucus plug the day before. There was not extra fluid for me, though.

Are you perhaps using a different type of menstrual protection than usual? It wasn't until I started using menstrual cups instead of tampons that I realized how much other stuff besides plain old blood there is in an AF. Mucus, fluids, etc.

The wondering is hard. Hugs to you.
#4 of 9 Old 06-22-2008, 10:14 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by because View Post
It's possible but really hard to know at this stage.

If your body is just getting used to cycles without the IUD, it could just be a getting-back-to-normal kind of thing.

If it were a chemical pg 16-19 days after ovulation, it won't be much different than AF. My chemical was identical to AF except for losing a small mucus plug the day before. There was not extra fluid for me, though.

Are you perhaps using a different type of menstrual protection than usual? It wasn't until I started using menstrual cups instead of tampons that I realized how much other stuff besides plain old blood there is in an AF. Mucus, fluids, etc.

The wondering is hard. Hugs to you.
This is exactly the case. It is the first time I'm using my diva cup (first AF after the IUD I used Instead soft cups). But, the first "plug-like" mucus came before I put the diva cup in.

#5 of 9 Old 06-23-2008, 11:41 PM

Hmmm...the chunky blood clots sound like my first real massive AF after my Mirena removal (not counting the post-removal bleeding). From what I understand, your uterus lining builds up due to the fake AF's, so when the hormones shift back to normal after removal- the result is all those months of fake AF's come out all at once. Kinda gross if you think how much stayed inside!
I've never experienced a MC, I don't guess, maybe I have and I didn't know, but your symptoms sound just like mine. To make you feel better though, a friend of mine had her Mirena removed, had the post-removal bleeding, a Massive real AF a month or so later, and then she got pg on the next cycle. So just hang in there!!!

Momma to DD (12/04) hearts.gif and DS (11/09) hbac.gif.
I survived 16 mos! Ask me about breastfeeding a baby with posterior tongue tie, high palate, and weak oral motor skills- whew!

#6 of 9 Old 06-24-2008, 08:34 AM - Thread Starter

The bleeding has stopped after only 4 days. My AF usually lasts 6-7 days. Is this significant? Could it be a result of switching to the Diva Cup, or maybe just a consequence of the IUD?

#7 of 9 Old 06-24-2008, 07:47 PM

I'd still say IUD. It does strange things to the body (hormone shifts).
If you want to put your mind to ease, why don't you take a test?

Momma to DD (12/04) hearts.gif and DS (11/09) hbac.gif.
I survived 16 mos! Ask me about breastfeeding a baby with posterior tongue tie, high palate, and weak oral motor skills- whew!

#8 of 9 Old 06-24-2008, 08:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by leila1213 View Post
The bleeding has stopped after only 4 days. My AF usually lasts 6-7 days. Is this significant? Could it be a result of switching to the Diva Cup, or maybe just a consequence of the IUD?
Dunno. Probably not significant. Cups will definitely make AF shorter than pads, I don't know about tampons.

I've never had an IUD but isn't the Mirena hormonal? Maybe there are some residuals from that and it's still lighter than normal? Or maybe you have a new normal (mine has changed a bit over the years).

FWIW, if you're done bleeding from a chemical (which I doubt, BTW), then your tests would be neg by now anyway.

Sounds like you're on to a new chance - good luck!!
#9 of 9 Old 06-26-2008, 12:02 AM - Thread Starter

Sorry, just to clarify, I am still TTA at this point. I'm trying to get the bod in shape for TTC, so I would definitely be worried if I were miscarrying. But, if it was AF and it is 4 days now, that would be great!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page