Feeling sick every time I ovulate? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 11 Old 06-29-2008, 12:02 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Every month, for about 2 days when I ovulate I feel extremely ill - Very nauseous and tired. Basically I feel like I'm pregnant. This is a new phenomenon since I've had my son.

What's this crazy hormone induced flu all about?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 11 Old 06-29-2008, 02:22 AM

I have never been pregnant, but I went through a long period when I'd have flu-like symptoms around the time I ovulated. I'd get a sore throat, feel achy and feverish and sometimes nauseated.

At the time I assumed it was due to my body being overstressed. I did notice that these changed and decreased when I improved my nutrition and did other things to lessen my problematic PMS.

I hope someone has some more useful info for you!

Mama to a bilingual (Arabic/English) and cuddly 3 year old, and planning another peaceful homebirth in June.

#3 of 11 Old 06-30-2008, 02:06 PM

That also happens to me sometimes, though it seemed like it was more frequent the first several cycles after PPAF, which sounds like about where you're at, no? I don't know why that would be exactly, but it has let up for me since. Sorry, I know it's really not that fun.

Vanessa - aspiring Traditional Foods momma of Graham & Margot
#4 of 11 Old 06-30-2008, 09:08 PM

This has been happening to me for over two yrs since I had my youngest child. I associate it with perimenopause. My cycle symptoms have changed a lot in the past 2 yrs. I had a hard time figuring it out, but all added together, unfortunately, I think I am in perimenopause.
#5 of 11 Old 08-13-2008, 10:58 AM

Mags, may I ask how old you are and why you attribute this to perimenopause? I experience similar o symptoms, inlcuding pain and excessive ewcm, since my second child was born almost 19 months ago. I was planning to ask my ob to check for a cyst ( I've had one burst that I didn't even know existed). Thanks
#6 of 11 Old 08-13-2008, 10:31 PM

I'm thinking cysts. Go see a doc. Check this link:

http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/ova...CTION=symptoms
#7 of 11 Old 08-14-2008, 11:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommyem View Post
Mags, may I ask how old you are and why you attribute this to perimenopause? I experience similar o symptoms, inlcuding pain and excessive ewcm, since my second child was born almost 19 months ago. I was planning to ask my ob to check for a cyst ( I've had one burst that I didn't even know existed). Thanks
I never had these type of symptoms before. I'm in my mid-30's. My mom went through menopause pretty early on. I don't think it's cysts, b/c I was checked for cysts five yrs ago when I went through infertility problems and none were found.
#8 of 11 Old 08-14-2008, 02:16 PM

I never used to feel badly when I Od, but oh my after DD I went through some really rough cycles. I had horrible headaches, nauseated and awful O cramps. I basically felt like sh**. Now that DD is almost 2 my cycle is back to pretty much normal, which is funny because I started AF at 9 weeks PP(even with EBF, ugh), but it took about 1.5 years for me to feel normal again. I had some pretty major hormonal issues, I think because I did start AF so early PP that combined with BF hormones just made my body really confused. Of course now that I am back to "normal" I wouldn't mind getting pg again, LOL. Then it would all start again.

Me Wife to T (14 years)Mama to Princess(4) and Monster Boy(my 1 year old ):
#9 of 11 Old 08-14-2008, 08:26 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
I also feel like crap during O it's part of the way that I have a clue I'm about to O. I feel like AF in coming NOW for about 2ish days then I feel fine for 10ish days and about 2 days before AF I turn into a mess.

I think your normal, well, on the crappy side of normal with me at least

p.s. I'm 24 and never been PG

I'm crunchy... Like a Dorito.
Mama to Sprout jog.gif 4.09 and Bruises babyboy.gif 7.11 handfasted to superhero.gif 9.07

#10 of 11 Old 08-16-2008, 10:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Norasmomma View Post
I never used to feel badly when I Od, but oh my after DD I went through some really rough cycles. I had horrible headaches, nauseated and awful O cramps. I basically felt like sh**. Now that DD is almost 2 my cycle is back to pretty much normal, which is funny because I started AF at 9 weeks PP(even with EBF, ugh), but it took about 1.5 years for me to feel normal again. I had some pretty major hormonal issues, I think because I did start AF so early PP that combined with BF hormones just made my body really confused. Of course now that I am back to "normal" I wouldn't mind getting pg again, LOL. Then it would all start again.
I got my first PP Af early too, while EBF. I think around 12 weeks or so. I never connected that to my symptoms. I had to reschedule my obgyn appt to next month, but I'll ask about the cysts anyway. Thanks everyone!
#11 of 11 Old 08-20-2008, 07:02 PM

I am on day 10 in my cycle ( as far as I know) and just today I noticed my lower back has been achy I've been crampy and now late afternoon I am feeling all over achy, I almost feel as if I am getting the flu?

I have never felt this before ever. I'm going now to go look at the cyst link....

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page