Nipple Soreness, tired, queasy, IUD? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 14 Old 06-30-2008, 11:50 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Once I type this out it will sound totally rediculous, but here goes...

I have the Mirena. It is nearly 5 years old. I plan to get it removed in August and have a tubal done. Over the weekend, the smell of cooking oil on the stove made me SO queasy. Totally flashed me back to being pregnant. (My youngest is nearly 7!) Yesterday and today I HAD to have a nap around 4. SOUND sleeping, too. And now I'm noticing my nipples are ultra sore- like they're chafed. Oh- and sex drive is in over-drive. Last week, I thought I had EWCM and about a week ago I thought I was getting my period, but just bright red here and there. Usually periods are lighter but last a couple days on my Mirena, though extremely irregular. What the heck????
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 14 Old 07-01-2008, 11:50 AM

Have you taken a pregnancy test?

Erin, mom to Amelia Rose:, 6/15/06 and Lily Grace, 6/7/09; wife to Phil since 10/9/04
#3 of 14 Old 07-01-2008, 03:36 PM - Thread Starter

No, kinda afraid to. Feeling normal today- except the nipples. And lots of white discharge.
#4 of 14 Old 07-03-2008, 11:52 PM - Thread Starter

Still going on. All the same - queasy, exhausted, etc. I know this is a pointless thread unless I test, but with an IUD I'm just so conflicted.
#5 of 14 Old 07-08-2008, 06:44 PM - Thread Starter

My BF txted me when I complained how emotional and exhausted and hungry I am and that I therefore feel pregnant, "I don't see any guarantees that you can't be...since it is nearing the end of life for the IUD." I have an u/s Thursday morning to check on ovarian cysts anyway. We'll see what happens.
#6 of 14 Old 07-08-2008, 07:19 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
you could be technically I guess. especially if you were seeing fertile signs. What would you think if you were?

I'm crunchy... Like a Dorito.
Mama to Sprout jog.gif 4.09 and Bruises babyboy.gif 7.11 handfasted to superhero.gif 9.07

#7 of 14 Old 07-09-2008, 02:31 AM - Thread Starter

The left breast aches more and feels like I need to nurse. So I expressed a little bit of what looks like mastitis- green stuff. Not a lot- and mostly dried. Weird! I haven't nursed since 2003. Guess I need to take my butt to the dr. and find out wassup.
#8 of 14 Old 07-10-2008, 02:06 AM

I would say that you should definitely test yourself. When I first got pregnant, my symptoms were exactly the same. Also, I had a friend in high school who was the product of an iud.

Erin , loving wife to Dave, mom to 3cat.gif, angel.gifangel.gifDec. '06, angel.gifOct. '08, DD Reagan Oct. 3, 2009

and DS Jack April 4,2012

#9 of 14 Old 07-10-2008, 12:12 PM - Thread Starter

UPDATE:

Coincidentally, I went in today for a follow up pelvic ultrasound. Back in may I'd had pain so they checked for ovarian cysts. I saw a lot of measuring, especially in the area of my right ovary - including a blood-flow color pic. She didn't say anything abt being pg except when was my lmp. They will call in a couple days with results.

Meanwhile, my BF was txting me DURING asking if I mentioned thinking I'm pg. I said no. He said "UGH!" He said "let's buy a hpt. I don't trust the dollar store ones. I'll buy a regular one but not digital." (My sister got a false + with a digi not long ago! ) My sister also said she told me not to get the Mirena 5 years ago because she hated hers and had it out but I totally don'"t remember that.
#10 of 14 Old 07-10-2008, 11:26 PM - Thread Starter

UPDATE:

So, DBF and I bought a 2-pack of "Answer" and did one tonight after maybe 3 hours of my not peeing. He had no idea how to read it! I was SO nervous. More than any other time I've taken one of those, because he was there! He set a timer for the 3 minutes and we waited. Came up one line at 3 minutes so I threw it in the trash and stuffed it down in there. Whew! He then said "I'm never having sex again!" Stupid Mirena....
#11 of 14 Old 07-11-2008, 02:17 AM

I thought the window for a + was 10 minutes?

#12 of 14 Old 07-11-2008, 03:52 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaliMommie View Post
I thought the window for a + was 10 minutes?
The directions said to read at 3 minutes. I threw it out because I had a false + a few months back from letting one sit, so! wasn't taking any chances.
#13 of 14 Old 07-11-2008, 11:21 AM

Ok, just checking. Most I have seen say read between 3-10 minutes, no later than 10 minutes. I had some weird symptoms with my IUD as well, around the time it started to dislodge itself.

#14 of 14 Old 07-12-2008, 04:40 PM - Thread Starter

So last night, we dtd and I had quite a bit of bright red bleeding after. Today, though, it is gone. Maybe just too rough? But that doesn't usually happen. It was definitely from me- he didn't even have any blood on him.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page