Sore boobs each month- 8 days before AF - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 15 Old 07-02-2008, 12:20 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Does anyone else get sore for more than a whole week before your period begins? Lately, each month, my boobs feel like pregnancy boobs! I haven't been pregnant for more than 5 years, and recently, I have been thinking I'm pregnant again because of the way they feel. Why does this happen to me now when it never did before? Does it mean anything about my hormones?
#2 of 15 Old 07-02-2008, 01:00 PM

I don't have an answer to your question, but I have the same problem. Sometimes my boobs even start getting sore just a few days into my LP, and continue for a few days after my period is over.

The truly messed-up part of it all is that before TTC I only ever ONCE noticed any sort of breast/nipple tenderness or pain, and that was during a month when the condom broke so we were afraid we had an "oops".

Also, ever since TTC I don't get nearly as much cramping (sometimes hardly any at all), but before I noticed it pretty much all the time - and sometimes well before AF came. Weird, huh?

-
#3 of 15 Old 07-02-2008, 01:10 PM

My boobs are sore for half of my cycle it seems!

Hoping the whole 'sore nipple' thing will tip me off to being pregnant one month...b/c THAT never happens.

They just feel heavy. I hear ya.
#4 of 15 Old 07-02-2008, 01:44 PM

I have this, too. Sometimes it starts as soon as I ovulate, so it can help me confirm ovulation. (I have pretty noticeable PMS that often begins when I ovulate, too.) It is definitely hormonally related. Since our hormone balance changes throughout our lives, maybe this change in you is just a reminder of this.

I have read that taking calcium supplements can improve this, as can some herbs.

Mama to a bilingual (Arabic/English) and cuddly 3 year old, and planning another peaceful homebirth in June.

#5 of 15 Old 07-02-2008, 04:05 PM

That’s a typical PMS symptom for me. Right after I ovulate my breasts get sore due to the progesterone up until AF (or a few days into AF)
#6 of 15 Old 07-02-2008, 06:23 PM - Thread Starter

Okay, so it sounds like a version of normal...and I guess it's my "new" normal. Or at least my current normal.
#7 of 15 Old 07-07-2008, 03:45 PM

Yep, happens to me too!

Mama to learning.gifJulian Matthew, born 5/10/2011 nocirc.gif  

Hopeful vbac.gif for the next!

#8 of 15 Old 07-08-2008, 12:42 AM

I get the too. That is interesting about the calcium. Since I take synthroid I can't take my calcium supplement at the same time. I often forget in the evening. I wonder if that's making this worse.
#9 of 15 Old 07-08-2008, 11:13 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
when I came off BCPs my taddys felt like they were in vices. Since then (and I've only had 2 real cycles so take it as you may) about 5 days before they get kinda sore really deep in the tissue. almost like my chest hurts from coughing or rowing. HTH, I would imagine it's pretty normal, especially if it happens every time.

I'm crunchy... Like a Dorito.
Mama to Sprout jog.gif 4.09 and Bruises babyboy.gif 7.11 handfasted to superhero.gif 9.07

#10 of 15 Old 07-09-2008, 12:58 AM

I get this too and I am really hungry at that time. Also I get moody. My pre-AF is so much fun
#11 of 15 Old 07-28-2008, 05:12 AM

ok i know this is a older thread, but hallelujah! i'm happy i'm not alone.

my boobs are always sore. sometimes they're tender for an entire cycle. right now, even a tiny bit of pressure hurts. i also get crazy luteal swelling.
#12 of 15 Old 07-30-2008, 11:26 AM

I get tender full breasts just after O too. I always laugh when I am biking because it feels as though they are going every which way for most of the month. Helps fill in this tiny trainers bra though

With PMS I get some nausea followed by extreme hunger a few days later. Sore breasts, headaches and loose stools. Thank goodness I chart now, otherwise I'd never know I was pregnant or having PMS.

Birth Attendant. Placenta Encapsulator. Reiki Practitioner. Vegan. Aspiring Midwife. Breastfeeding Educator Student. Two years of trying for our love child.
#13 of 15 Old 08-01-2008, 02:43 PM

I've always had sore boobs for a week-15 days before my period, and during.

However I gained about 9 pounds 3 months ago and my boobs have been KILLING me. God it hurts. I guess maybe more body-fat=more estrogen? And sore, swollen, BBs?
#14 of 15 Old 08-01-2008, 02:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhubarbarin View Post
I've always had sore boobs for a week-15 days before my period, and during.

However I gained about 9 pounds 3 months ago and my boobs have been KILLING me. God it hurts. I guess maybe more body-fat=more estrogen? And sore, swollen, BBs?

I think thats the case with me. I gained 2 inches over the past few months and I'm now having problems with VERY sore boobs all the time and longer cycles. I'm working on getting that off now (already lost an inch).
#15 of 15 Old 08-01-2008, 08:58 PM

My breasts don't just get sore...they swell!! It gets so bad, it hurts to walk sometimes!! My firends mom said it was water retension and to try a diuretic. I've done that a few times when I'm in a lot of pain and it does seem to help the swelling and the tenderness. I use Aquaban b/c there is no caffiene in the pill. Hope that helps someone!!

33 Year Old w/ a on the way w/ my DH. EDD 4/6/2011. Mama to Lotus Olivia 7/17/09 and fur mom to 1 and 1

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page