Pregnancy or weaning hormones? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 07-05-2008, 10:24 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I'm not sure this is in the right forum, but I figure y'all know what you're talking about.

DD weaned rather suddenly with a little help from me while I was out of town. She had been down to 2-3 nursings a day, 2 of which were at night and pretty short, so I don't think I was really producing much milk.

For the last few days, I have been having "symptoms" that I associate with pregnancy (vivid dreams, having to pee a lot, fatigue, etc.) It's possible that I am pregnant but of course it's way, way too early to test because I am about a week before AF is due.

I'm not particularly anxious but I guess I'm wondering if the fabled hormonal changes with weaning could produce these same symptoms. I'm happy to lay off the allergy medicine for a week to find out, but I'm just perplexed. Everything I've seen about hormonal changes at weaning mentions depression and moodiness, not these other kinds of things.

Thoughts?

Beth.
Trying to be a joyful Catholic wife and mama, and taking it one day at a time!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-07-2008, 10:53 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I've had these EXACT same symptoms. I weaned my DS in May and I have had crippling fatigue, peeing a lot (for the first time since pregnancy!) and I have been very moody and had a super heavy period this last month. I would say that these symptoms may have been related to my body regulating itself.

I started taking Floradix (for iron and the fatigue)
Prenatal vites (just to build myself back up)
and I have to get used to needing to use the bathroom when I'm out in public. I used to joke that I never had to pee because all the water I drank came out in breastmilk. Its probably true!

mama to L (4) and G (1.5)

User Tag List