When did you get your period back? - Page 2 - Mothering Forums

View Poll Results: When did you get your period back?
Less then 3 months pp 19 19.79%
4-5 month 9 9.38%
6-7 month 6 6.25%
8-9 month 7 7.29%
10-11 month 5 5.21%
12-13 month 5 5.21%
14-15 month 10 10.42%
More then 15 month 35 36.46%
Voters: 96. You may not vote on this poll

Forum Jump: 

#31 of 42 Old 09-06-2008, 03:49 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
dd#1 - don't remember but I think it was around 4 months pp
dd#2 - 13 months
ds - 17 months

(all were exclusively nursed, no bottles, no pacifiers, cosleeping)
No rhyme or reason!
#32 of 42 Old 09-07-2008, 10:26 AM

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Quoted: 16 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by chirp View Post
commenting because i read that getting your period back isn't to do with healthiness or with hormonal imbalance, but is mostly determined by caloric intake...
Thank you for sharing this - it makes so much sense to me. When my milk supply first dipped, my midwife thought it was due to my caloric intake (which was very very low). But, we worked on that and my supply still remained so low that DS was diagnosed as FTT. What you're saying is that my poor eating may have triggered AF, which in turn depleted my supply? So maybe all I have to do next time is eat enough calories to prevent AF from returning and I'll be able to supply my baby's nutritional needs? That's would be awesome! Unless you're saying AF comes back when you have a high enough caloric intake....

Quote:
which back in caveman times might have been an indicator of health...but these days its easy to get calories.
For most people above the poverty level in industrialized countries, this is true. But for those of us with food issues/eating disorders, not so much.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ks Mama View Post
I'm so sorry you had trouble with nursing mama. Hugs. Darn right I'd give my arm as well. And I praise you for giving baby donated milk instead of formula.
Thank you. We were extremely fortunate to have that option readily available to us and suggested by our midwife and other people close to us.

If your mom has thyroid issues, I would get tested. I was only diagnosed because I went to get tested after my mom was diagnosed. My levels were only borderline low, but many of the symptoms fit things that I had always just thought were unrelated family health issues. Going on thyroid medication helped lift me out of depression and improve a lot of other symptoms of mine (allergies, joint pain, and many more.)

Mama to DS1 (12/07), DS2 (4/11), and DD (6/22/14)
Finally diagnosed with APS after 3 s (11/09, 3/10, 7/13)
#33 of 42 Old 09-08-2008, 05:07 PM - Thread Starter

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
oh and you can TOTALLY conceive without getting your period.
Uhm, really???
I thought that you can only if you are just lucky to get your period exactly that month or something like that.

Sophie, wife to DH, AP mama to DD1 (12/07) and DD2 (04/10)
#34 of 42 Old 09-09-2008, 12:29 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
once at 6 m and the not again until 9 m...

I was told it has a lot to do with night time feedings. When you are up every hour or so then it is unlikely to get it back. When they taper off , then the body signals that you could handle another one.

born to be a mom to Lilah Rose at home on 7-18-06 and a cranky wife to Johnny 12-05 ::
Home birth to Eirwen Claire on 1-06-11
#35 of 42 Old 09-09-2008, 12:42 AM

26 months after #1
27 months after #2

Both were still nursing but nightweaned. Had lots of returning fertility signs for about 10-12 months before first AF each time. Ovulated before each one, too, with 10 day LP.
#36 of 42 Old 09-09-2008, 12:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sophi4ka View Post
Uhm, really???
I thought that you can only if you are just lucky to get your period exactly that month or something like that.
You may or may not ovulate before your first AF. If you do ovulate (like I did) then you can get pg before ever bleeding (like I did but it was a m/c).

You will not not have an AF if you do ovulate, though, unless you are pg or have a rare condition.
#37 of 42 Old 09-09-2008, 01:11 AM

my fertility returned at 15 months pp, and i conceived that month without knowing it. ds' nursing schedule hadn't changed, but i had recently gained back 5 lbs of weight that i had lost by nursing, and walking around the city with ds for literally several miles everyday.
i read, and can't remember where, that if you want to get pregnant, and you've become skinny with nursing (like, below your pre-baby weight), you should gain some weight to improve your chances of getting your period again. anyone ever heard of this? is there really a link between how much fat is on your body and the return of your period, or your fertility in general?

Jean, feminist mama raising three boys: W (7), E (5) and L (2.15.13)

#38 of 42 Old 09-10-2008, 03:35 AM

6 WEEKS! ::

I had already had a pp period when I went in for my 6 week postpartum check-up (at 7 weeks). BooHoo! I'm praying that AF stays far far away when I have baby #2.

Latia (Birth & Postpartum Doula and Infant Nanny)
Mom to Conner (8/19/03) and Parker (5/23/09)::::
#39 of 42 Old 09-10-2008, 06:29 AM

6m (the twins, but I was working & pumping even though they were EBF I think this affected it)
18m after Rivka
almost 7 months and counting this time.

Mom to:

Three big girls  twins.gif (10) + joy.gif (almost 9!); 

One little boy ROTFLMAO.gif(6) and a full on toddler diaper.gif  (8/12) born with TAPVR heartbeat.gif (repaired at 6 days old).

#40 of 42 Old 09-10-2008, 09:06 AM

No bottles no pacifiers,and cosleeping.
DS 11 months
DD almost 14 months.
What is wierd is I swear DS nursed waaaaay more.

Jenese Mama to Elliot 8/05 and Millie Jane 7/07 and Cecilia Kate 1/11
#41 of 42 Old 09-10-2008, 01:25 PM

No bottles, no paci's, nursing round the clock with DS it was 18 months, 2 weeks after I got a part time job and was away for more than 5 hours at a time.

No bottles, no paci's, nursing round the clock with DD, 10 months and counting

Renae wife to J :, Mama to 4.5y/o J-bird and 2y/o A : and E coming in late Dec/Early Jan. My husband had a living donor kidney transplant! :
#42 of 42 Old 09-10-2008, 07:00 PM

21 mo. pp. Night weaned ds at 13 mo and got down to just bed time and wake up. I am ovulating and getting a regular cycle since June and want another babe very badly. DS couldn't handle the pace of weaning though so we added 1 daytime session back in. My Dr. thinks this level of nursing is preventing us from getting pregnant and I hate even contemplating more weaning to get pregnant. It's very hard. I was ready to get pg with #2 when DS was 12 mo. old...11 mo. ago. I'm feeling impatient. And torn.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page