Something's not right, *NEW Update Post #40* - Page 2 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#31 of 42 Old 12-09-2008, 12:03 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Tomorrow's my appointment, and I hope it goes well. It hurts so much to want something so bad, and to not be able to have it.

#32 of 42 Old 12-10-2008, 06:14 PM - Thread Starter

My appointment went great!! I picked a good doctor! When we were discussing the # of kids I have & DD still nursing, she was saying she nursed her youngest until he was 4 1/2 : !!

Anyway, she was looking in my file, and there were no results of my bloodwork I had done by an endocrinologist back in May . So, I'll get those redone, plus some others. She also gave me Provera to take for 10 days to see if I have a period or not. So we'll wait & see what these tests say, and if the Provera works.

It went well!

#33 of 42 Old 12-10-2008, 06:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wild~blossom View Post
My appointment went great!! I picked a good doctor! When we were discussing the # of kids I have & DD still nursing, she was saying she nursed her youngest until he was 4 1/2 : !!

Anyway, she was looking in my file, and there were no results of my bloodwork I had done by an endocrinologist back in May . So, I'll get those redone, plus some others. She also gave me Provera to take for 10 days to see if I have a period or not. So we'll wait & see what these tests say, and if the Provera works.

It went well!
Wow that's awesome!

Now I'll have to MDC-stalk you until you're pg!

Momma to DD (12/04) hearts.gif and DS (11/09) hbac.gif.
I survived 16 mos! Ask me about breastfeeding a baby with posterior tongue tie, high palate, and weak oral motor skills- whew!

#34 of 42 Old 12-10-2008, 08:57 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShwarmaQueen View Post
Wow that's awesome!

Now I'll have to MDC-stalk you until you're pg!
LOL!! I'll keep ya updated .

At least she said there was something wrong somewhere, either thyroid, adrenal, or female hormones. So hopefully this is the start of my road to wellness :.

#35 of 42 Old 12-12-2008, 01:34 PM - Thread Starter

OK, I've had 2 doses of the Provera, and I am starting to feel like crap! I'm having cramps (no discharge though), moodiness, and slight nausea. I'm hoping that this is a good sign!

I'm sure I'll end up with a huge mess of a period that will be a flood. Better stock up on pads now!

#36 of 42 Old 12-12-2008, 02:53 PM

Get ready! Ugh...I have such a love-hate relationship with periods!!!

Momma to DD (12/04) hearts.gif and DS (11/09) hbac.gif.
I survived 16 mos! Ask me about breastfeeding a baby with posterior tongue tie, high palate, and weak oral motor skills- whew!

#37 of 42 Old 12-14-2008, 12:06 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShwarmaQueen View Post
Get ready! Ugh...I have such a love-hate relationship with periods!!!
LOL, DH said I'm probably the only woman who WANTS to have a period . I stocked up on the most absorbant pads the store had, just in case.

#38 of 42 Old 12-14-2008, 03:00 PM

Did AF show?

And, I have always loved the feeling of getting my period. Something that makes me feel all woman and so connected, granted, moody and snappy, but all woman!

Birth Attendant. Placenta Encapsulator. Reiki Practitioner. Vegan. Aspiring Midwife. Breastfeeding Educator Student. Two years of trying for our love child.
#39 of 42 Old 12-14-2008, 07:48 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hesperia View Post
Did AF show?

And, I have always loved the feeling of getting my period. Something that makes me feel all woman and so connected, granted, moody and snappy, but all woman!
Not yet, I still have 7 more doses to take, so I'd expect it in about 2 weeks or so.

#40 of 42 Old 12-22-2008, 09:08 AM - Thread Starter

: SUCCESS!!!! I am bleeding today!! It just started, and I'm also having a bunch of cramps. Not complaining though, as I hope this is good news for me.

#41 of 42 Old 01-11-2009, 02:00 PM

I don't know if you have thought about it, but with every child it seems like a womans body give hormones easier, and stays in prego mode for longer. It may just be your body taking a small breather trying to prepare for your next little one. Even with all the dr.'s these days, a woman is still the best monitor for her own body.

I kept telling my dr there was something wrong with my parts down stairs when I was younger and up untill recently did I get one to actually listen to me and do what I asked.

Things that helped though:

Research your symptoms, (google it).

Make a list of possible problems, and there diagnosis course (ie blood test).

Go to a different dr and/or consider a midwife, they are really great at actually listening to women and trusting a woman to know her own body, plus they will give you answers or point you in the direction of a dr who will listen.

Most of all, don't get stressed, leave it in Gods hands, he gave you 6 babies and he may have a reason to make you wait a little while for the next one.

Hope this helps.
#42 of 42 Old 01-13-2009, 04:32 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by abrownga View Post
I don't know if you have thought about it, but with every child it seems like a womans body give hormones easier, and stays in prego mode for longer. It may just be your body taking a small breather trying to prepare for your next little one. Even with all the dr.'s these days, a woman is still the best monitor for her own body.

I kept telling my dr there was something wrong with my parts down stairs when I was younger and up untill recently did I get one to actually listen to me and do what I asked.

Things that helped though:

Research your symptoms, (google it).

Make a list of possible problems, and there diagnosis course (ie blood test).

Go to a different dr and/or consider a midwife, they are really great at actually listening to women and trusting a woman to know her own body, plus they will give you answers or point you in the direction of a dr who will listen.

Most of all, don't get stressed, leave it in Gods hands, he gave you 6 babies and he may have a reason to make you wait a little while for the next one.

Hope this helps.
Yeah, I keep telling myself that good things come to those who wait, but the waiting is so hard .

I really like this doctor I found. She is very smart, and very AP in her ways. I will see her for everything from now on.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page