Something's not right, *NEW Update Post #40* - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 
Reply
 
Thread Tools
#1 of 42 Old 11-06-2008, 03:54 PM - Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Healing my heart
Posts: 6,151
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I wish I knew what was wrong with my body. I feel like I should've had another baby by now, at least I thought I would in Oct/Nov '08. That was the plan anyway. I have not had a single period since I conceived #6, so Feb. '06 - dang near 3 YEARS!!!! This is totally not normal for me.

*Update in post #32*

Mama~Love is offline  
#2 of 42 Old 11-08-2008, 12:43 AM
 
Mommyintraining2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 742
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I'm not at all familiar with this. But in reading Honoring Our Cycles by Katie Singer, she offers ways to figure out what is going on with your cycle by charting. Maybe it would help you to know if you are ovulating or not. Once you find that out, you can explore other areas of your life/health to see what may be affecting your cycles. Her website is:

www.gardenoffertility.com

hth!
Mommyintraining2 is offline  
#3 of 42 Old 11-08-2008, 12:35 PM - Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Healing my heart
Posts: 6,151
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Thanks! I've been trying to chart, then I get discouraged & quit.

Mama~Love is offline  
#4 of 42 Old 11-08-2008, 01:46 PM
 
octobermoon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: not of this world
Posts: 3,094
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
octobermoon is offline  
#5 of 42 Old 11-13-2008, 10:13 PM - Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Healing my heart
Posts: 6,151
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I am still so upset that nothing has happened yet. I feel that there is something really wrong, but no doctor will listen to me. I don't know what it's going to take.

I am seeing a naturopath next Wednesday, so *maybe* something will get figured out.

Mama~Love is offline  
#6 of 42 Old 11-14-2008, 11:35 PM
 
ShwarmaQueen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Deep in the heart of Texas
Posts: 5,617
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
It's so frustrating when you want to conceive...i know it's all I think about! For crying out loud- I just want ONE more, not asking for a whole lot! Rant over.

So, are you temping?

Momma to DD (12/04) hearts.gif and DS (11/09) hbac.gif.
I survived 16 mos! Ask me about breastfeeding a baby with posterior tongue tie, high palate, and weak oral motor skills- whew!

ShwarmaQueen is offline  
#7 of 42 Old 11-15-2008, 09:07 PM - Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Healing my heart
Posts: 6,151
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShwarmaQueen View Post
It's so frustrating when you want to conceive...i know it's all I think about! For crying out loud- I just want ONE more, not asking for a whole lot! Rant over.

So, are you temping?
I hear ya, just one more! I miss being pregnant so much .

Yes, I'm temping, but it varies so much between 94°-97°. It's not in any organized pattern either. So I don't know what else to do.

Mama~Love is offline  
#8 of 42 Old 11-15-2008, 10:00 PM
 
ShwarmaQueen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Deep in the heart of Texas
Posts: 5,617
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pooka~Hugs View Post
Yes, I'm temping, but it varies so much between 94°-97°. It's not in any organized pattern either. So I don't know what else to do.
Hmm...EFB? On medicine? Stressed? Gotta be something causing it...have you seen a doc?

Momma to DD (12/04) hearts.gif and DS (11/09) hbac.gif.
I survived 16 mos! Ask me about breastfeeding a baby with posterior tongue tie, high palate, and weak oral motor skills- whew!

ShwarmaQueen is offline  
#9 of 42 Old 11-17-2008, 01:02 PM - Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Healing my heart
Posts: 6,151
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShwarmaQueen View Post
Hmm...EFB? On medicine? Stressed? Gotta be something causing it...have you seen a doc?
Yes, and they all say I'm fine . I *know* there's something wrong, but no one will listen to me.

Mama~Love is offline  
#10 of 42 Old 11-18-2008, 04:15 PM
 
kel32brown's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: NY
Posts: 382
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I have not had a single period since I conceived #6, so Feb. '06 - dang near 3 YEARS!!!! >>>>>
Go to your OB. That's not normal. Have you had hormones tested? Have you had a pap smear? Have you been written a RX for provera to see if you have enough ovarian function to have a withdrawal bleed? There are so many things that need to be done after not having a period for 3 years.

The cells can overgrow in your endometrium. That needs looked at. Go get 'em girl, you stick with it and don't let them blow you off.

Kelli, Upstate NY mama, dh FarmBoy, raising 6:, his, mine, and ours.

kel32brown is offline  
#11 of 42 Old 11-18-2008, 04:19 PM
 
lovebug's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: back in the GREAT state of Minnesota! oh how i have missed you!
Posts: 5,030
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
there is NOTING like not knowing! i know how you feel and i am in the same boat!

s you will need them. i know how hard it must be for you!

Your life doesnât change by the man whos elected. If your loved by someone you can't be rejected... decide what to be and go be it! If your a caged bird brake in and demand that somebody free it.
lovebug is offline  
#12 of 42 Old 11-18-2008, 04:37 PM - Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Healing my heart
Posts: 6,151
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by kel32brown View Post
I have not had a single period since I conceived #6, so Feb. '06 - dang near 3 YEARS!!!! >>>>>
Go to your OB. That's not normal. Have you had hormones tested? Have you had a pap smear? Have you been written a RX for provera to see if you have enough ovarian function to have a withdrawal bleed? There are so many things that need to be done after not having a period for 3 years.

The cells can overgrow in your endometrium. That needs looked at. Go get 'em girl, you stick with it and don't let them blow you off.
Thanks for the info. Yes, it's been *that* long. I've had a Pap, and it was normal. I've never taken Provera. My PCP (an NP, not OB or GP) says that it;s due to me still BFing my almost 2 yr old . Like CRAP it is! I was tandem nursing when I got PG w/ #6, when #5 was around 2 yrs old. I've NEVER gone this long without a cycle, and she won't do anything until I wean.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovebug View Post
there is NOTING like not knowing! i know how you feel and i am in the same boat!

s you will need them. i know how hard it must be for you!
Same to you! Sorry you are as frustrated as I am .

Mama~Love is offline  
#13 of 42 Old 11-18-2008, 07:50 PM
 
ameliabedelia's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: where I am
Posts: 2,280
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
If you got pregnant in Feb 06, then I assume your baby was born in Oct/Nov of 06. That only puts you at 24/25 months postpartum. While it's not common to go 2 years pp w/o a period, it's definitely not unheard of and doesn't mean that anything is definitely wrong.

I realize that this may be the longest YOU have ever gone..but it is still within the range of normal. Could be because your youngest is nursing more than other children, or maybe just that you are older (aren't we all ) Just because you ahve always gotten fertility back earlier before, doesn't mean that you will this time. Plus, I have read that fertility tends to come back later the older you are. Of course, I have no idea how old you are...but it is obviously older than you were 3 years ago.

I know it's hard when you want a little one so bad...I'm sorry you are stuck waiting. s

Homeschooling mom to 4 joy.gif

 

My Home Remedies Website treehugger.gif

ameliabedelia is offline  
#14 of 42 Old 11-18-2008, 10:27 PM - Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Healing my heart
Posts: 6,151
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ameliabedelia View Post
If you got pregnant in Feb 06, then I assume your baby was born in Oct/Nov of 06. That only puts you at 24/25 months postpartum. While it's not common to go 2 years pp w/o a period, it's definitely not unheard of and doesn't mean that anything is definitely wrong.

I realize that this may be the longest YOU have ever gone..but it is still within the range of normal. Could be because your youngest is nursing more than other children, or maybe just that you are older (aren't we all ) Just because you ahve always gotten fertility back earlier before, doesn't mean that you will this time. Plus, I have read that fertility tends to come back later the older you are. Of course, I have no idea how old you are...but it is obviously older than you were 3 years ago.

I know it's hard when you want a little one so bad...I'm sorry you are stuck waiting. s
DD was born in Dec. '06, and nurses maybe 6 times a day for very short times. She has even been sleeping through the night a few times in the past couple of weeks.

I'm 32, and I feel that *something* is wrong, but I don't know what .

Mama~Love is offline  
#15 of 42 Old 11-18-2008, 10:57 PM
 
ShwarmaQueen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Deep in the heart of Texas
Posts: 5,617
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
have u considered Accupunture? Some of the ladies over in Zen's Den have found it to work wonders!

Momma to DD (12/04) hearts.gif and DS (11/09) hbac.gif.
I survived 16 mos! Ask me about breastfeeding a baby with posterior tongue tie, high palate, and weak oral motor skills- whew!

ShwarmaQueen is offline  
#16 of 42 Old 11-20-2008, 06:38 PM - Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Healing my heart
Posts: 6,151
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShwarmaQueen View Post
have u considered Accupunture? Some of the ladies over in Zen's Den have found it to work wonders!
I'd try that, but not sure if there's anyone in this area that does it.

Mama~Love is offline  
#17 of 42 Old 11-21-2008, 04:35 PM
 
kel32brown's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: NY
Posts: 382
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I'm 32, and I feel that *something* is wrong, but I don't know what . >>

Ok, then let's cut to the chase. Go see an MD, get another pap smear, get an US of your abdomen, something.

Your inner spirit is trying to tell you something and you should honor it by getting serious about having your insides looked at. I don't buy the merchandise for sale that goes like: well you're older, these things happen.

Yes, well so does ovarian disease and uterine disease and all are better caught sooner rather than later. Your NP is doing you a dis-service. Get looked at. You don't have to wean, just make an appt.

Kelli, Upstate NY mama, dh FarmBoy, raising 6:, his, mine, and ours.

kel32brown is offline  
#18 of 42 Old 11-22-2008, 12:38 PM - Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Healing my heart
Posts: 6,151
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by kel32brown View Post
I'm 32, and I feel that *something* is wrong, but I don't know what . >>

Ok, then let's cut to the chase. Go see an MD, get another pap smear, get an US of your abdomen, something.

Your inner spirit is trying to tell you something and you should honor it by getting serious about having your insides looked at. I don't buy the merchandise for sale that goes like: well you're older, these things happen.

Yes, well so does ovarian disease and uterine disease and all are better caught sooner rather than later. Your NP is doing you a dis-service. Get looked at. You don't have to wean, just make an appt.
Thank you, I will do that. I'm so tired of the "wait & see" approach : .

Mama~Love is offline  
#19 of 42 Old 11-22-2008, 11:31 PM
 
TTC Catholic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Chicago suburbs
Posts: 57
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
First of all, I'm so sorry for the frustration you are experiencing TTC #2. If you sense something is not right, then you need to go with how you feel. Do not let anyone try to take away from you how you feel. If your doctor won't listen to you, you'll need to go for a second, third opinion, etc., until somebody will listen to you.

It took me 15 months to conceive #1. I am only 6 weeks and am still scared that something will go wrong. I have a history of endometriosis and ovarian cysts. I have been told by countless doctors that "it's in my head" or just "tough it out". I have also heard all of the insensitive comments when I was TTC - "You'll have a baby when it's meant to happen", and my favorite, "Just relax; you won't get pregnant if you obsess about it".

I wish you all the best, and I hope you can find out what is wrong, get it corrected, and have your Baby #2.

God bless you,
Kristin

Kristin, wife of Chris (married 07/14/07) . Mommie to Aiden Taylor (12/05/08 at 8 weeks 5 days). Godmother to my angels on Earth, nieces Charlotte (born 01/30/06) and Chloe (born 07/25/08).
TTC Catholic is offline  
#20 of 42 Old 11-25-2008, 04:01 PM - Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Healing my heart
Posts: 6,151
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by TTC Catholic View Post
First of all, I'm so sorry for the frustration you are experiencing TTC #2. If you sense something is not right, then you need to go with how you feel. Do not let anyone try to take away from you how you feel. If your doctor won't listen to you, you'll need to go for a second, third opinion, etc., until somebody will listen to you.

It took me 15 months to conceive #1. I am only 6 weeks and am still scared that something will go wrong. I have a history of endometriosis and ovarian cysts. I have been told by countless doctors that "it's in my head" or just "tough it out". I have also heard all of the insensitive comments when I was TTC - "You'll have a baby when it's meant to happen", and my favorite, "Just relax; you won't get pregnant if you obsess about it".

I wish you all the best, and I hope you can find out what is wrong, get it corrected, and have your Baby #2.

God bless you,
Kristin
Thank you for your thougtful words. This would be baby #7 for me, I already have 6. I know it probably sounds selfish of me to want more, when some people can't even have one.

Mama~Love is offline  
#21 of 42 Old 11-26-2008, 11:19 PM
 
CarolBe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 82
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
There's nothing selfish about wanting more. Children are a blessing and no one should feel guilty about wanting more. I'm pg with #4 and I would LOVE to have more after this, but dh is adamant that this is the end of the line, I think it's built into a woman (alot of them anyway) to yearn for another child, no matter how many she has. I agree that if the doctors you've seen won't help you and write you off you either need to see someone else until someone does listen to you or to insist with your doctor that you KNOW something is wrong and won't they please order some tests to find out what it is?!
Big hugs to you and good luck! :
Carol
CarolBe is offline  
#22 of 42 Old 11-27-2008, 12:36 PM - Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Healing my heart
Posts: 6,151
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolBe View Post
There's nothing selfish about wanting more. Children are a blessing and no one should feel guilty about wanting more. I'm pg with #4 and I would LOVE to have more after this, but dh is adamant that this is the end of the line, I think it's built into a woman (alot of them anyway) to yearn for another child, no matter how many she has. I agree that if the doctors you've seen won't help you and write you off you either need to see someone else until someone does listen to you or to insist with your doctor that you KNOW something is wrong and won't they please order some tests to find out what it is?!
Big hugs to you and good luck! :
Carol
Thank you Carol! I'm blessed with an overdeveloped reproduction instinct. It must be genetic, because my mom wanted 12 children, but stopped at 7. I want as many as I'm able to have, hopefully 8, but that might be wishing & hoping for too much.

Mama~Love is offline  
#23 of 42 Old 11-27-2008, 05:21 PM
 
shakenbake's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: texas
Posts: 1,657
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
anyone that tells you YOU have more then plenty children should be shot they are not you they dont know how you love your children i work at a day care with kiddos all day and have 2 of my own i cant get enoff of them! we are TTC #3 and praying this is our time my friends have told me stop worrying u will get preg when you stop trying so hard i say BITE ME its my life my body my family and if i want to chart and ov test then i will why go fora 50 50 shot when you can up your odds by knowing what your body is doing i say screw them all its Your Family!! good luck TTC i hope its fast!

Jen loveing Wifey to my Hubby Jeremy Mommy to Austin David and KayLeigh marie
i love my life!!!
shakenbake is offline  
#24 of 42 Old 11-29-2008, 10:15 PM - Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Healing my heart
Posts: 6,151
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Sorry for getting so upset, I just want some answers to what's going on.

Mama~Love is offline  
#25 of 42 Old 11-29-2008, 10:38 PM
 
party_of_seven's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: NAKing probably
Posts: 2,438
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
You really might want to consider that breastfeeding might be affecting your fertility. Through LLL I have come into contact with several women who were unable to conceive until they almost completely weaned. Some of them did not even regain a cycle for 24+ months.

You are older now and your fertility might have changed a bit. Your body might be more sensitive to the nursing hormones. It happens sometimes. I conceived #4 while #3 was still nursing A LOT. Then I tried and tried to conceive #5 and had 2 early miscarriages. My cycles were short with short luteal phases. I ended up conceiving baby#5 just 2 cycles after #4 weaned.

Now I am 16 months PP after #5 and my cycles are just fine and I'm sure I could conceive quickly if I desired to.

I hope you get some answers. Hang in there.
party_of_seven is offline  
#26 of 42 Old 11-30-2008, 01:43 PM - Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Healing my heart
Posts: 6,151
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I've been thinking about that lately too. I'm trying to cut DD back as much as I can, as well as trying different things at night with her.

Mama~Love is offline  
#27 of 42 Old 12-04-2008, 12:00 PM
 
kailotus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 247
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I hope you will get pregnant soon! If your babe is 2 yrs old and you are breastfeeding, then its not too farfetched a thought that its the breastfeeding that is keeping you from getting your period. Plenty of women go 2 years postpardum with out a period! I know you said it wasn't like that with your past children, but maybe its just different this time. Bodies and hormones change over the years.
However, if you really feel there is something wrong, then you should pressure the doctors to examine your situation more closely. Doctors can be really oblivious sometimes!
kailotus is offline  
#28 of 42 Old 12-05-2008, 02:49 PM - Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Healing my heart
Posts: 6,151
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by kailotus View Post
I hope you will get pregnant soon! If your babe is 2 yrs old and you are breastfeeding, then its not too farfetched a thought that its the breastfeeding that is keeping you from getting your period. Plenty of women go 2 years postpardum with out a period! I know you said it wasn't like that with your past children, but maybe its just different this time. Bodies and hormones change over the years.
However, if you really feel there is something wrong, then you should pressure the doctors to examine your situation more closely. Doctors can be really oblivious sometimes!
Thank you. I have another appointment next Wednesday at a different clinic. The docs are supposed to be better than the ones in this area. Hope I get some sort of answers!

Mama~Love is offline  
#29 of 42 Old 12-06-2008, 02:29 AM
 
Pookietooth's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: SF Bay Area
Posts: 5,064
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
They can easily test your prolactin to see if bfing is interfering with your cycles. And your progesterone, estrogen, FSH, LH, testosterone, and thyroid (to rule out thyroid issues). Ask for them (in writing if you are shy around drs, like I am).

Jen 47 DS C 2/03  angel.gif04/29/08/ DD S 10/28/09 DH Bill '97.

mighty-mama and her sister Kundalini-Mamacandle.gif

Pookietooth is offline  
#30 of 42 Old 12-06-2008, 03:40 PM - Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Healing my heart
Posts: 6,151
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pookietooth View Post
They can easily test your prolactin to see if bfing is interfering with your cycles. And your progesterone, estrogen, FSH, LH, testosterone, and thyroid (to rule out thyroid issues). Ask for them (in writing if you are shy around drs, like I am).
Yep, I'm going to get all of that checked out. I really think I have a thyroid or adrenal problem that's causing some other issues as well.

Mama~Love is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Drag and Drop File Upload
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



User Tag List

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off