Farm n' Homestead Mamas Tribe - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 3 Old 11-21-2008, 12:41 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
: Anyone currently farming or engaging in homesteading?
Looking for like minded mama's who balance hard work with babies.
How do you do it? What are the challenges?

My husband and I are in the beginning stages of starting a small farm just outside Charlottesville. We have been learning a lot about food production and storage, but still have years of hands on practice ahead of us.

I find this shift in lifestyle not only important personally, but for the benefit of the local community. We are really interested in supporting and being involved in the local food movement for a myriad of reasons.

Anyone else finding their way in the local food movement? I would love to share stories and experiences with you all!
::
#2 of 3 Old 11-21-2008, 12:44 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I was sorta homesteading in the AZ desert for a bit. (or trying!) Now moving to MA with my kids and then hoping eventually to a yurt then a VT farm. Right now I am just living in a semi rural ecovillage..we will be moving soon (to another rental) but taking chickens with us..beyond gardening that's it for now until we are in a more permanant place! But I used to have goats,etc. which we are DEFINITELY going to get back into soon!

Blissful Mama to DD-(5), DS-(6) and someone new due in November!
#3 of 3 Old 11-21-2008, 08:13 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
We have a forum devoted to this topic here. Welcome to MDC!

Flowers, fairies, gardens, and rainbows-- Seasons of Joy: 10 weeks of crafts, handwork, painting, coloring, circle time, fairy tales, and more!
Check out the blog for family fun, homeschooling, books, simple living, and 6 fabulous children, including twin toddlers

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page