Not Mamas... Yet Tribe, Part XVII (Winter 08/09) - Page 17 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#481 of 499 Old 08-28-2009, 09:38 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I'm still here. I finally replaced my dead old laptop, so I'm not sharing my boyfriend's computer anymore and I can be on MDC all I want. Not much new going on though. Wish I had a better idea for jumpstarting this thread again...

Not momma yet, but momma to a ton of furry, scaly, slimy and feathery critters. whale.gifribbongreen.gif
#482 of 499 Old 09-21-2009, 01:16 PM

just updating my stats....

dh and i were lucky enough to get a BFP this cycle (last week wed actually)! so i guess i can be moved over to the pg section. our EDD is 5/29/10.

i hope all those looking for a BFP get theirs!!! sending lots of baby dust.....
#483 of 499 Old 09-28-2009, 03:44 PM

Relatively new to MDC (new enough that I have to reference everyone's acronyms!) and new to NMY, so I just wanted to introduce myself. I'm 26, birthday May 19, and my DP and I plan to begin TTC mid-2010.

I always knew that I wanted to be a mom, but now that we're gearing up to TTC, I feel both excited and nervous. We're starting to read books, have subscribed to Mothering magazine, and are trying to educate ourselves on the basics, but we can't help but feel underprepared. I guess I feel that we'll always feel underprepared - how can you be totally ready for such a life-changing event? - but it's still an unsettling feeling. I hope I'm not alone! Have you ladies felt like that, too? How do you calm your concerns?

Erin, married to DH. Happy mom to two sweet furbabies and expecting #1 in September 2011.
#484 of 499 Old 09-29-2009, 06:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tippy View Post
dh and i were lucky enough to get a BFP this cycle (last week wed actually)! so i guess i can be moved over to the pg section. our EDD is 5/29/10.
Congratulations!!! It's too exciting, isn't it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by gringuitica View Post
Relatively new to MDC (new enough that I have to reference everyone's acronyms!) and new to NMY, so I just wanted to introduce myself. I'm 26, birthday May 19, and my DP and I plan to begin TTC mid-2010.

I always knew that I wanted to be a mom, but now that we're gearing up to TTC, I feel both excited and nervous. We're starting to read books, have subscribed to Mothering magazine, and are trying to educate ourselves on the basics, but we can't help but feel underprepared. I guess I feel that we'll always feel underprepared - how can you be totally ready for such a life-changing event? - but it's still an unsettling feeling. I hope I'm not alone! Have you ladies felt like that, too? How do you calm your concerns?
Welcome.
I had to realize at a certain point that I can never really be ready. Learning as much as you can early is good, though. I like that your DP is reading too. I'm sure it makes things way easier to be on the same page.

Nearly crunchy mama to one DS born at home 12/09 and married to my best friend one week later signcirc1.gif

#485 of 499 Old 09-30-2009, 02:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andee View Post
I had to realize at a certain point that I can never really be ready. Learning as much as you can early is good, though. I like that your DP is reading too. I'm sure it makes things way easier to be on the same page.
Hehe, well, by reading, I mean that I read and post-it everything that I want him to read. He's doing well though! Pretty open-minded about everything, even though Costa Rica is not very progressive when it comes to baby-raising. They're great with breastfeeding, but don't get started on selective vaccination or homebirth - non-vaccination or deviation from schedule is, by law, considered child abuse (the police can get involved) and midwives are not allowed to practice here. Anyway, that's getting off-topic! The point is that DP is supportive and trying to keep his mind open to natural parenting, as am I - this is a journey for us both! I have no doubt that wanting to deviate from the norm is part of what has us nervous - when you see one thing all around you but want to do another thing, it's easy to second-guess yourself. Thankfully, we have one friend (who introduced me to this forum) that is raising her 8-month old in a natural way, and it's wonderful to see him growing into a happy, healthy and very well-adjusted baby, even without all the "normal" accoutrements.

Erin, married to DH. Happy mom to two sweet furbabies and expecting #1 in September 2011.
#486 of 499 Old 10-08-2009, 03:18 AM

Where is everyone these days?

cold.gifme + headscratch.gif him and one littlecat.gifPaco the Taco hoping for one of these  makebabe.gifin the near future

#487 of 499 Old 10-08-2009, 05:09 PM

Not momma yet, but momma to a ton of furry, scaly, slimy and feathery critters. whale.gifribbongreen.gif
#488 of 499 Old 10-09-2009, 08:10 AM

Oiseau - You are strong and amazing, sister. You will be okay. I'm really sorry that your TTC schedule has gotten pushed back because of such a big health scare, but I try to believe in silver linings and all that. We're always here if you need us! When do you start treatments?

AFM, I don't know what's going on. DP and I were all ready to start our course of IVF (we had one more test left) and then DP decided s/he didn't want children, or did, but not now, or maybe that s/he didn't even want to be with me anymore. I don't know if we're separating, divorcing, staying together....everything's up in the air right now. I'm pretty crushed. We've been together for 12 years. S/he's been my only partner ever. I have no idea how things will work out.

So...roll on with the happy updates!

Bicycle-ridin', craftin', bloggin' feminist future mama to my starbabies dum spiro spero
#489 of 499 Old 10-11-2009, 01:50 AM

My hubby and I are TTC. He finished chemo April 27, '09. So, we've been trying for a few months now! Hoping for a 2010 baby!!

Doula & Nanny,  Momma to Hope, my angel baby 6/17/08, and Momma to be- to a little boy, EDD 3.13.13

#490 of 499 Old 10-11-2009, 10:16 AM

I saw pictures on Ravelry - JessicaRenee's baby was born.

As for my update, I'm on my last pack of pills now, but we won't be actually TTC after that. I just want to have some time off the pills before TTC to learn to chart and let my cycle come back.

Mommy to  N baby.gif, born 2/20/12.

#491 of 499 Old 10-11-2009, 11:08 AM

Hey, I've been AWOL for a while. In the spring, being on here was getting to hard on me emotionally. So many people close to me were having babies and I still have a long time to wait and I find that hard. My brother and SIL had a healthy baby boy a month and a half ago. He's so beautiful.

I'm still waiting on a full time teaching contract so I can have mat leave, but now DP has just got a new job with much better medical benifits so that's a good start.

My bad news is that DP may have colon cancer. He had an ultrasound the other day (after many other tests that all came back negative) and there are two lumps in his intestines. We'll find out more on Wednesday at his doctor's appointment. I'm trying to stay positive but I'm also really worried. For others who have dealt with similar situations, any advice? Can chemo affect fertility? What can I expect?
#492 of 499 Old 10-15-2009, 01:43 PM

The coolest resource I've found for young adults with cancer is Fertile Hope. That site should answer most of the questions you might have. For guys, things are a billion times easier because it's so easy to collect and freeze sperm for later.
Also, I babysat for a family in which the dad had been diagnosed with colon cancer when their first child was 2 weeks old. When I began babysitting for them, their daughter was 3.5 and they had an adorable 6month old son who was naturally conceived after the dad finished his chemo.
Hopefully none of this info will be necessary and your partner will be ok. Feel free to get in touch with me though...I am still a cancer newbie, but I have learned a ton of stuff in the past few weeks. Best wishes!

#493 of 499 Old 11-19-2009, 11:49 AM

Hi I am new and hope this is the right place to stop by and say hello. Similar to another poster I am going through posts and beginning to learn the new acronyms. I hope to learn and give back to this community.
DH and I will be TTC 2010. We are 32, and are excited to start on this journey!
I tend to over think and over research everything - occupational hazard, why I am here but know babies just have their own schedule
#494 of 499 Old 12-18-2009, 05:35 PM

*bump*

Anyone still around? I'd like to revive the NMY thread...any interest?? Let me know and I'll try to start a new winter thread for us.

#495 of 499 Old 12-22-2009, 11:23 PM

Hi!

My Hubby and I are just beginning to TTC; after much reading - we've decided to take the plunge! I look forward to learning about other TTC NMYs.

By using your body, modifying your body, you can go into [different] states of consciousness and discover the true nature of life and yourself.
#496 of 499 Old 01-04-2010, 11:47 PM

*bumps*

I'd be interested in a winter 2009/2010 NMY thread.

I need to poke and prod myself to get started on the "before kids" check-list (of sorts). So far, I've got lose weight, starting eating better, and take daily vitamins.

#497 of 499 Old 01-10-2010, 12:50 AM

I'd love to join this tribe! I've been reading Mothering for a while. My husband and I have been married for a little over two years, and we're getting closer to TTC. But, we're not quite ready. I'm also worried about our fertility because I have PCOS and my husband is very overweight. We're working on getting healthier right now!
#498 of 499 Old 01-10-2010, 02:10 PM

Here's the link! Come join us!!

#499 of 499 Old 08-18-2010, 11:36 PM

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Quoted: 9 Post(s)
EDIT: Whoa, sorry to ressurect this dino! It was the newest one on the forum list!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page