Introvert Mamas? - Page 10 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 
 3Likes

#271 of 804 Old 08-11-2009, 10:22 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Oh hey, I keep meaning to share this story with y'all because I figured this is one of the few places where people would "get" it, lol!

So, my grandmother was once married to a man who was a bootlegger (of gin, I believe). This was before they were married, btw. Anyhow, he got caught and sent to prison for several years. What's funny to me, is that he would often act out or be disruptive so that he would be put in solitary confinement - the one place most people try to avoid! Of his seven years in prison, he spent about 5 total in solitary by choice saying that he found the other inmates really annoying. I laughed when I heard the story because I can see the allure of solitary myself, lol!

Gazing furtively at you from under my siggie!
#272 of 804 Old 08-11-2009, 10:34 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by savannah smiles View Post
Oh hey, I keep meaning to share this story with y'all because I figured this is one of the few places where people would "get" it, lol!

So, my grandmother was once married to a man who was a bootlegger (of gin, I believe). This was before they were married, btw. Anyhow, he got caught and sent to prison for several years. What's funny to me, is that he would often act out or be disruptive so that he would be put in solitary confinement - the one place most people try to avoid! Of his seven years in prison, he spent about 5 total in solitary by choice saying that he found the other inmates really annoying. I laughed when I heard the story because I can see the allure of solitary myself, lol!
That is funny...because I think I'd have done the same thing!
#273 of 804 Old 08-11-2009, 10:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappilyEvrAfter View Post
On another note, after I read that section in Introvet Advantage about how introverts get weary because they take in so much information from their surroundings, I noticed at how much I pay attention to EVEYTHING around me at once.
Are you guys the same way? I can focus on something right in front of me, but my senses are BOMBARDED with everything from the birds, to the kids screaming a street over, to the barking dog, and the person in front of me.
Even at work...I hear everything around me. It's like I don't have a good enough filter.
I mean, I'm not scatterbrained or anything. I can narrowly focus...it's just that everything else gets in around that focus as well and I'm forced to process it as well.
I'm sure it doesn't help that I'm highly sensing and feeling too.

Do extroverts not have this problem? Can they tune all that out and suck energy from what's right in front of them?

I guess I'm not really asking for an answer...just musing...need somewhere to put introvert thoughts that nobody around me understands.
I am the same way. Dh doesn't understand why I get so frazzled when he's telling me something (usually a long-winded story or his "thinking out loud at me" - total extrovert) and the baby's crying and the 2yo is asking for something and the TV is on. I just can't take it! And then dh is like "what is wrong with you?" and there's no trying to explain it to him. He just doesn't get it.
#274 of 804 Old 08-12-2009, 07:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Purple Sage View Post
I am the same way. Dh doesn't understand why I get so frazzled when he's telling me something (usually a long-winded story or his "thinking out loud at me" - total extrovert) and the baby's crying and the 2yo is asking for something and the TV is on. I just can't take it! And then dh is like "what is wrong with you?" and there's no trying to explain it to him. He just doesn't get it.
Yep, dh doesn't get why I seem so irritated in the mornings...when he gets up all he wants to do it chatter happily (at the top of his well-developed lungs of course) at me while I get ready in the bathroom. Our bathroom has really good acoustics and by the time I get to my car to go to work I'm practically running to get away from his voice. :
#275 of 804 Old 08-12-2009, 12:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tabby1678 View Post
Yep, dh doesn't get why I seem so irritated in the mornings...when he gets up all he wants to do it chatter happily (at the top of his well-developed lungs of course) at me while I get ready in the bathroom. Our bathroom has really good acoustics and by the time I get to my car to go to work I'm practically running to get away from his voice. :
You have my sympathy! My dh has a naturally loud voice, too, and he loves to talk.
#276 of 804 Old 08-12-2009, 03:52 PM

it sure is hopping in here for an introvert thread!!!
:::

my extroverted dh is also very LOUD ... and he always complains that our tv is too small ... and that the music needs to be louder. i wish he had a separate outbuilding where he could put all his stuff and play his loud music and watch an enormous tv and have his friends over ... and i could sit in my house in peace and quiet for once.

purple sage, love your story. i joke with my husband sometimes when i'm doing something he doesn't like that he can just haul me off to jail and put me in solitary confinement. that usually gets an eyeroll.
#277 of 804 Old 08-13-2009, 01:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Purple Sage View Post
You have my sympathy! My dh has a naturally loud voice, too, and he loves to talk.
Yes, mine too - he doesn't have an "indoor voice" when it comes to the phone, it's always top volume.

Little Eleanor is showing signs of being an extrovert too, which should be quite the experience as she gets older. She already takes after DH much more than me in her appearance, and she seems to be taking after him in personality as well.

reading.gif Wife to DH geek.gif  since 08/06. Mother to Eleanor Rose energy.gif, born 10/12/08.  h20homebirth.gif
#278 of 804 Old 08-13-2009, 02:31 PM

Quote:
On another note, after I read that section in Introvet Advantage about how introverts get weary because they take in so much information from their surroundings, I noticed at how much I pay attention to EVEYTHING around me at once.
Are you guys the same way? I can focus on something right in front of me, but my senses are BOMBARDED with everything from the birds, to the kids screaming a street over, to the barking dog, and the person in front of me.
Even at work...I hear everything around me. It's like I don't have a good enough filter.
I mean, I'm not scatterbrained or anything. I can narrowly focus...it's just that everything else gets in around that focus as well and I'm forced to process it as well.
I'm sure it doesn't help that I'm highly sensing and feeling too.
This is very much me. I try to tune other stuff out, but it just doesn't happen. I have been know to read the same page of a book and still have trouble processing what I've read, if there is too much background noise. Sometimes if I want to tune out the world, I can turn on my MP3 with the headphones. That cuts down how much excess noise I hear and have to process. It definitely helps me from getting to overwhelmed.

Tanya
#279 of 804 Old 08-13-2009, 04:24 PM

Not only does my dp have a deep voice, but since I was raised by a single mother, I didn't grow up hearing a man's voice and I'm not used to it. I keep trying to explain to dp that he needs to lower his volume because it almost scares me.

-Alice, SAHM to dd (2001) and ds (2004) each of whom was a homebirth.jpg, who each self-weaned at 4.5 years bfolderchild.gif, who both fambedsingle2.gif'd, who were bothcd.gif, and both: novaxnocirc.gif.   Also, gd.gif, and goorganic.jpg!

#280 of 804 Old 08-13-2009, 06:13 PM

Just got back from taking the kids to the skating rink. Loud music, bright lights, and several busloads of camp kids really did a number on me. I found myself yelling at dd1 over some very minor things once we got home. I only do Chuckie Cheese once a year and I think I'm going to put the skating rink on the same schedule.

#281 of 804 Old 08-14-2009, 02:36 PM

Hi! I'm also an introvert.
#282 of 804 Old 08-14-2009, 08:34 PM

Hi mermaidmama, nice to see you here...

Hey I'm wondering about something, anyone, I had an ultrasound yesterday, 1st time ever and I was wondering if any other introverts were sensitive to it. Afterwards I felt woozy and needed to rest and recover, or maybe it's just a HSP thing.
#283 of 804 Old 08-15-2009, 04:13 AM

Quote:
This is me as well, I can focus tightly but I am always taking in everything around me. Right now I'm alone in my living room typing this but I am acutely aware of...my children's conversation (upstairs) and dd's cough,the show they have on television(upstairs), the details of their game, the cat taking a bath nearby, my neighbor smoking outside, the cars on the highway...down the hill, the hum of the computer and the energy coming off of it, refrigerator and the electric "hum" of the walls,the scents of dust soap and me, the chugg of a train and it's whistle (track is almost a mile away), the smilie guys moving on the side and bottom of my screen(I don't touch-type so I'm looking at my keyboard lol) the light from the kitchen, the light being on in the bathroom upstairs, the light being on in the utility room(why are so many lights on?) the "tick" sound as the metal sides cool down on my dryer, the static from the just turned off downstairs tv, and the creak and "feel" of my wood bookshelves settling.
#284 of 804 Old 08-15-2009, 04:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mermaidmama View Post
#285 of 804 Old 08-15-2009, 04:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mermaidmama View Post
Hi!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ella-6 View Post
Hey I'm wondering about something, anyone, I had an ultrasound yesterday, 1st time ever and I was wondering if any other introverts were sensitive to it. Afterwards I felt woozy and needed to rest and recover, or maybe it's just a HSP thing.
I imagine it's more of an HSP thing, but I wonder if most HSPs may be introverts? Be interesting to find out.

I don't remember noticing anything with ultrasound, but I cannot wear a Blue Tooth headset. I just feel icky and weird and then get a headache. I could feel it just having it powered on, then it got worse when a call would come in and I could feel a physical sensation in my ear and head that would last until call would turn off then I'd pull the thing off my ear. YUCK! I tried using one for about a week or less before I decided to give it to someone else. I now have a wired headset for use when traveling. (Been avoiding the phone lately though because of the introvert thing. )

I also have always hated going to stores like Radio Shack and never thought that much of it since I'm not much into electronics. However, the last time I went to one, I was looking for a battery for a remote for our DVD player. I had to call DH to ask him to check the size again or something. I used my cell phone with no headset. I swear between the phone and all the other EM's bouncing around in that place, I thought my head was going to explode. It was awful. I had to get off the phone ASAP and get out of there. By the time I'd purchased my battery, I almost felt sick.

In hindsight, I think it was more than just "not being into electronics" that made me dislike those types of stores. Come to think of it, I don't mind watching movies or TV or using a computer, but going to a TV section of a large box or dept. store has always bugged me. Some of it is the flashing images, but perhaps it's more than that given the number of sets they have on at one time.

I am a 40 year old unschooling, belly dancing, artist-mama of one almost 8 year old. I just had brain surgery and blogging.jpg about it a bit because it's just so surreal.
#286 of 804 Old 08-15-2009, 05:04 AM

*Warning* this is going to be long. Please stop reading if I'm sapping your energy, but I need to vent this out to someone who "gets" it.

Right now I am suffering from a severe alone-time deficit. Does anyone understand what I mean? My dh is working nights now so he is home all-day-long...and he's not doing anything like he normally would(no projects, no errands etc) so he's just. sitting. here. in the living room with the tv on(loud) or on the computer or....y'know...talking to me which might not be so bad normally but my two kids are also home...and in the same room...and talking to me...so that's three different conversations AT me at the same time, and well, we are four people in a very small four room apt....only for some reason they all need to be in the same room all of the time...and that room is "wherever I happen to be".

And just to give an idea, well...

My kids are old enough to get their own breakfast in the morning and are expected to, they are fine with this and it works well so that dh and I can sleep a little bit more. But recently, say over the last two weeks my dds have taken to...before I even wake in the morning they start taking turns popping their heads in and waking me(oh, and dh ) up to ask questions an average of every 6-10 minutes(I timed it recently), I'm talking questions like "is there any underwear in the dryer?"(huh? umm...look!? : ) to "can I ask B to play later today?"(could have waited until later today?) to "Mom there's a new cat in the yard!"( ). They need our attention obviously, they aren't being bad but they are waking me out of dead sleep at the outset so it's over and over for maybe an hour while I loll in and out of consciousness until I can drag myself up (I don't wake easily so it really is difficult if I don't wake naturally).

So because they are interrupting me before I'm up I am already starting the day at an "alone" deficit kwim? Then I take my shower(while the girls knock on the door a few times to ask me stuff) -by which time dh is up, and when I come downstairs before I even sit down with my morning beverage they all three descend on me, chatting AT me as previously mentioned, a mile a minute with their concurrent monologues trying to outloud each other. If I happen to sigh(and I usually do) Dh scolds the girls with a "Girls! Girls! Let your Mom have her coffee before you start jumping on her!" then turns around and continues whatever he was saying without letting me sit down with my coffee...and at this point the other two jump back in. If I talk back they do not hear me as they are too busy talking. This happens every. single. morning. and it continues for the rest of every single day. It is starting before I get up in the morning, and it doesn't end until Dh has left for work and about an hour after the girls go to bed(they keep talking to me from bed, then they keep talking to each other for awhile). In fact my dd was away at the park with friends for hours the other day and managed to talk to me in a near constant stream on the walkies and phone....she was not even home In addition for the last two weeks the kids have been passing an illness back and forth, so I haven't even been having that quiet alone-time at night that I relish(and need) because of bringing up medicine or water or tea, and they've been calling for me at night and not sleeping well. So right now, it's pretty much 24 hours of being "needed" and constantly interrupted thoughts. I haven't been able to be alone to recharge at all. I am operating from a depletion of energy and have begun to answer to any hails with "WHaAaT!?" or "No!", I think I may have actually snarled at one of them today:

The "deficit" comes in when the balance between dd/dh's "need" for my attention and my "need" for quiet and introspection becomes seriously tipped...so I start "pushing" them away. I know they want me and I desire to help them and love on them all and give them what they need, but I have to have some self care...it is really and truly a need, so I "push" which makes them try harder for my attention, so I pull away harder, which makes them clamor even more...but unless I can get a moment to myself to regroup and refresh and recharge I can not give them what they need...because I simply don't have anything left, and they don't understand this(well of course the kids don't, kids need what they need, but I would hope dh could). It's just a vicious cycle I'm stuck on right now and I honestly do not have anything left in me, I think I could actually scream.I'm really on edge, or I would be if I wasn't so tired. It's so built up that I can't even really just go to a coffee shop or whatever, I really need to be completely alooone and I'm fantasizing about running away. Won't do it but well...it's a pleasant dream.

So does anyone understand this feeling or reached this state before...or have I actually lost my mind? I know that as soon as I can pull together some Melanie time I'll be fine!

If you made it, thanks for listening
#287 of 804 Old 08-15-2009, 05:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ella-6 View Post
Hi mermaidmama, nice to see you here...

I don't remember the ultra-sound bothering me particularly. Giant powerlines and the x-ray at the dentist wipe me out though.
#288 of 804 Old 08-15-2009, 06:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Princess ConsuelaB View Post

The "deficit" comes in when the balance between dd/dh's "need" for my attention and my "need" for quiet and introspection becomes seriously tipped...so I start "pushing" them away. I know they want me and I desire to help them and love on them all and give them what they need, but I have to have some self care...it is really and truly a need, so I "push" which makes them try harder for my attention, so I pull away harder, which makes them clamor even more...but unless I can get a moment to myself to regroup and refresh and recharge I can not give them what they need...because I simply don't have anything left, and they don't understand this(well of course the kids don't, kids need what they need, but I would hope dh could). It's just a vicious cycle I'm stuck on right now and I honestly do not have anything left in me, I think I could actually scream.I'm really on edge, or I would be if I wasn't so tired. It's so built up that I can't even really just go to a coffee shop or whatever, I really need to be completely alooone and I'm fantasizing about running away. Won't do it but well...it's a pleasant dream.

So does anyone understand this feeling or reached this state before...or have I actually lost my mind? I know that as soon as I can pull together some Melanie time I'll be fine!

If you made it, thanks for listening
Bold is mine. I have totally felt this way. I've been really grouchy at DD lately and have really been trying to watch it because the pushing away does just create more need, but it is really hard. Heck, even our needier dog was bugging me today because he kept whining at me and wouldn't leave me alone. (My DD was also sick today and had the TV on most of the day or a book on tape or I was reading to her.) Sigh.

Could your DH take the kids somewhere for a few hours just so you could get a little time to yourself without having to drag yourself to a coffee shop or what-have-you?

I have a recurring fantasy about going to a hotel for a night by myself. Several people on this thread mentioned this earlier - a good fantasy and a good idea in general if you have child care and funds to do it.

Here's what worries me though - DH is really good about me getting out for an hour here and there. I take long trips to the grocery store because I like being by myself - he doesn't usually mind. Once in awhile he'll take DD somewhere (though paradoxically, it's hard for me to let go when he does).

But this is where I get into a problem. The alone-time I do get feels addictive, like I can never get enough. I often wait until the last minute to come home and have to psych myself up for re-entry. I do miss my DD and I am really missing couple time with DH right now. But I still feel like I just want more time to myself. Like I've reached burn-out or something. I feel guilty about this. Sometimes because I am afraid this feeling won't go away. I suppose in some ways it won't just go away, because it really is a maintenance issue - I will always need some time to myself, preferably regular intervals. I'm just not very good at regulating this. I tend to do everything for everybody until I am ready to pop then I get some time to myself.

I think this pattern is more mine than anything DH is doing. He is almost always available for me if I need a break (or we can work something out for the next day or so). But I have a terrible time scheduling time for myself. When I have tried in the past, I often get stuck either mindlessly wandering about in public for lack of anything else to do (which has it's good points, but I'm not always in the mood for this) or I end up inviting myself along on some family thing or suggesting one at the last minute. Definitely self-sabotaging here. I think maybe I need to ask DH to take DD out for a few hours every weekend or something. It would be good for them to have time for just the two of them and I could use the chill time at home.

I am a 40 year old unschooling, belly dancing, artist-mama of one almost 8 year old. I just had brain surgery and blogging.jpg about it a bit because it's just so surreal.
#289 of 804 Old 08-15-2009, 07:00 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 39 Post(s)
Right with you re alone time deficit . . . I need enough sleep, but I have to have some time ALONE while awake, too, and can't imagine my state if the interactions started before my day did!

The other thing that's a struggle is my resentment of my darling extrovert family. I have the option of taking off pretty much whenever I want, with their cheerful encouragement and interest. But I'm a homebody!!! I HATE having to leave my own home to escape the incessant interaction. Kids do need what they need, but I lose patience more easily when DH seems blind to mine. I own what I need, but I didn't get married to be the only one to get it for me. :

Empty-nesting SAHM to DS1 (1989), DS2 (1992), an underachieving Bernese Mountain Dog (2006-2014), and an overachieving mother (1930).  Married to DH since 1986.
#290 of 804 Old 08-15-2009, 10:01 PM

To address the issue of never getting enough time alone to truly recharge, I can honestly say that until dd1 was in school and dd2 was in preschool 3 mornings a week, I always felt hungry for time alone. This summer I had them both in camps every other week because having the both home and having to keep them quiet and/or occupied so my dh can work (he works from home) almost drove me insane the past two summers. With camp and with school/preschool, I can "count" on having that time alone at home (not counting my dh) and that has made a world of difference. A lot of time my bad moods are because I just don't know when I'll get the solitude I crave and I start to worry that it will be never. Now I know.

#291 of 804 Old 08-15-2009, 11:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starflower View Post
I imagine it's more of an HSP thing, but I wonder if most HSPs may be introverts? Be interesting to find out.

I don't remember noticing anything with ultrasound, but I cannot wear a Blue Tooth headset. I just feel icky and weird and then get a headache. I could feel it just having it powered on...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Princess ConsuelaB View Post
I don't remember the ultra-sound bothering me particularly. Giant powerlines and the x-ray at the dentist wipe me out though.
Thanks for your sharing your thoughts Starflower and Princess ConsuelaB. I can tell from what you wrote, that you got what I was saying from the similar types of things you've experienced. It could well be a HSP thing. Anyways, when I had the US it was good to find out that the baby was happy and healthy in there and that the placenta is well-placed.

Now to mentally prepare for a future new source of activity in the house. I'm slightly in awe of any introvert mama who has learnt how to balance their introversion needs, with raising a family.
#292 of 804 Old 08-16-2009, 02:23 AM

A question for my fellow Highly Sensitives: Am I alone in my dislike of roller coasters, scary movies, and kids pushing you REALLY high on the swing when you were little?

-Alice, SAHM to dd (2001) and ds (2004) each of whom was a homebirth.jpg, who each self-weaned at 4.5 years bfolderchild.gif, who both fambedsingle2.gif'd, who were bothcd.gif, and both: novaxnocirc.gif.   Also, gd.gif, and goorganic.jpg!

#293 of 804 Old 08-16-2009, 02:54 AM

I was afraid of roller coasters for awhile, then decided they were fun. My uncle went with me. I'd probably get sick if I went on one now though. I hated scary movies (though now I like the occasional psychological thriller if its not gory). I preferred adults to push me on the swings because kids always did it crooked. Swings now make me a little sick though. My somewhat HSP DD doesn't like to go high either.

When I was in jr high or so, I started getting panic attacks which I believe were brought on by my inability to process stimuli. I used to get "sick" at the fair and at the mall. By the time we were halfway home, I'd feel fine. I didn't know what was happening. I am very aware of my environments now and choose very carefully when I place myself in highly stimulating situations. I need to have a place to get away if only for a few minutes and afterward I need downtime.

#294 of 804 Old 08-16-2009, 02:06 PM

I'm a part of this tribe! I'm very fortunate to have a husband who, though more socially-inclined than I, also has introverted leanings and understands my need to have regular peaceful quiet time to myself.

I have only had time to read a few posts of this thread, but I wanted to say hi and sub to make sure I don't lose it.

To answer the recent question:
I like roller coasters.
I hate scary movies.
I don't recall being pushed on the swing by other kids when I was a kid.

Michele, mom of DD 5/01, DD 11/03, and DS 11/06

http://michelepixels.com/

#295 of 804 Old 08-16-2009, 03:49 PM

I'm curious: How many of us live in the country for the privacy and to avoid the stimuli of the city? Or want to?

#296 of 804 Old 08-16-2009, 04:41 PM

I live on 1/3 acre in a suburb of a small city right now, but I look back fondly at the pre-parenting days my husband and I lived in a city apartment and walked everywhere.

Michele, mom of DD 5/01, DD 11/03, and DS 11/06

http://michelepixels.com/

#297 of 804 Old 08-16-2009, 06:59 PM

We live on the edge of the boonies right now in a suburb.

This was due to economics. We'd actually like to be in the city, but it costs too much. I think I could do the urban lifestyle, but I'm not going to do it without good family friendly walkable areas and I don't feel like our area is there yet. It would have to be a West Coast city though. I didn't like visiting NYC except for the museums.

I lived in the country before too. It was nice but a little too deserted. I kind of like knowing other people are around if I needed them, but not having to interact with them all the time. Sometimes I think I'd rather live in a small town in the mountains, but that would make DH's commute even worse. So here we are.

#298 of 804 Old 08-17-2009, 05:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starflower View Post
Bold is mine. I have totally felt this way. I've been really grouchy at DD lately and have really been trying to watch it because the pushing away does just create more need, but it is really hard.

But this is where I get into a problem. The alone-time I do get feels addictive, like I can never get enough.
Yes, and yes! Sometimes when I am totally depleted, I really have to force myself to just give 30 seconds more to get the kids satisfied for a few minutes so I can regroup. Not a fun place to be mentally.

Regarding being addicted to alone time, this has been on my mind a lot lately too. I think that I can never get enough alone time because it can take me so long to wind down and switch gears. DH works late, my kids are night owls, and we homeschool. Sometimes there seems to be no end in sight besides my one set night a week that I get a few hours to myself. I can spend that whole chunk of time just soaking up the quiet or in grocery shopping zen. But it isn't enough to just have peace and quiet. I need to get to a point where I can do something mentally stimulating and productive. Something that feels nourishing for my brain and my soul. I usually sew, but I find I need to do more and more challenging projects, or design my own patterns to really feel recharged. Lately writing has been helping, but not just blabbing on MDC. Really writing. I have to pay attention to whether or not what I am doing is "filling up my cup", or just giving me an escape.
#299 of 804 Old 08-17-2009, 08:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LucyRev View Post
I have to pay attention to whether or not what I am doing is "filling up my cup", or just giving me an escape.
I know what you mean. This sentence makes a lot of sense to me. I often find myself spending my limited alone time doing things that don't actually help me out or "filling up my cup". This is something I have to work on..

Living Simply and Enjoying Life
#300 of 804 Old 08-17-2009, 12:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LucyRev View Post
I have to pay attention to whether or not what I am doing is "filling up my cup", or just giving me an escape.
Quote:
Originally Posted by marimara View Post
I know what you mean. This sentence makes a lot of sense to me. I often find myself spending my limited alone time doing things that don't actually help me out or "filling up my cup". This is something I have to work on..
Wow - I've just started coming to this realization recently, so it's funny to see it articulated here! A few months ago I started crocheting up a storm, and am now learning to knit. I also enjoy crafting posts for and redesigning my blog. I find these passtimes so much more fulfilling than my days spent just browsing message boards and playing computer games. They make me calmer and more centered.

I've just come off of two weeks vacation, and I'm sad to say it was exhausting I love DH and DS, but being "on" for them 24/7 has left me drained. Luckily yesterday DH arranged plenty of alone time for me, since I crashed and burned on Saturday (MAJOR panick attack). The solitude of my cubicle at work is so calming... I feel just awful about it In my heart I want to be a homeschooling SAHM full of inspiration and imagination, but in my mind I know I couldn't hack it. I'm really sad about that... Kudos to those of you who make it work!

Amy, mom to E superhero.gifsince April 2008 and C babyboy.gif since October 2011, wife to P since September 2006.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page