Spring MJ/Cannabis Mamas!! - Page 5 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#121 of 384 Old 04-26-2009, 01:33 PM
Banned

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Well, bummer for me. I'm going to have to stick with Zofran Going unmediated is not an option, unfortunately, unless I want to be in the hospital every week on fluids. Hyperemesis is pretty wicked. There is no other herbal remedy that works for me, I've tried them all.

I'm still curious to see studies/info/article on pot and mental illness, not just bipolar. I have seen many people on MDC advocate for this treatment and I'm curious to know more.
#122 of 384 Old 04-26-2009, 01:36 PM

deleted
#123 of 384 Old 04-26-2009, 01:53 PM

deleted
#124 of 384 Old 04-26-2009, 01:57 PM
Banned

[QUOTE=Peace~*;13656806]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Talula Fairie View Post
Well, bummer for me. I'm going to have to stick with Zofran Going unmediated is not an option, unfortunately, unless I want to be in the hospital every week on fluids. Hyperemesis is pretty wicked. There is no other herbal remedy that works for me, I've tried them all.
...QUOTE]

Indica Strains are more Sedadting and effect the body, muscles nerveds etc. Actual physical sensation. They do cause more of a hungry/Munchie feeling. So The Eating issues can be aided by this.

Mental issues Are Just That. And Need to Be investigated.
Ensure you are not holding onto any Emotional Baggage that is keeping you attatched to Medicating and Mental illness. Meditation and Prayer, Calm Breathing Techniques are So Beneficial.
These Issues Should Be Positivly Effected by Good Healthy Nutrition, Physical Activity and Hydration.
I agree that all those things can help, and I indeed do all those things, I go to therapy, I meditate, I pray, I breathe, I eat well, ect.

I have a severe case, as well as severe abuse history, difficulty tolerating stress or frustration, and I am unsure as to whether I can be treated with just those remedies. I have been hospitalized seven times, most recently in November. I have rapid cycling Bipolar I. For my family's sake as well as my own, it is unsafe for me to completely go off western medication but I am curious to know about alternative treatments and may attempt to do so far off into the future

I'd love to see any articles or links you guys have! TIA.

I cannot get pot illegally, my husband could lose his job if I were to get caught, so I'm kinda stuck there since, as you said and I suspected, no one is going to give a medical MJ card to someone who's pregnant (and I'm showing so there's no doubt).
#125 of 384 Old 04-26-2009, 02:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peace~* View Post

~~~
As for Bipolar Disorder, Sativa's Tend to Cause Mania and Racing thoughts, not helping with the issues a person might be facing already.

Peace Filled Day!
heh. no wonder. good to know!
#126 of 384 Old 04-26-2009, 02:18 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by transformed View Post
heh. no wonder. good to know!
Yeah, that does explain a lot. It's highly possible that I just was always smoking the wrong strain when I smoked pot and it made me worse. Who knows what I was smoking back then, I didn't exactly get it from a grower I knew.
#127 of 384 Old 04-27-2009, 02:15 PM

I dont kn ow if this is an issue that varries from state to state - and Im sure some OBs with limted "schooling" on MJ would be skiddish but there is no law prohibiting OBs from the MMP ( medical program) in RI . Infact I have heard of it being recomened to PG women ( it was recomended to me by a MA DR so she was unable to write a scrpt for me but told me to see if a DR in my town would) So dont loose hope - if you arent using currently ( so you would test negitive) bring in the info and talk to your DR . I only recomend DR- Patient truth when you know the test will be neg incase the talk goes bad.

There are actuly TONS of scientific research studies
http://ripatients.org/medical/ptsd/
Here are some from RI MMP (RIPAC) they are specificly for PTSD but I think they can apply to any mood disorder ( which are NOT covered by the MMP except depression)
Peace:

transformed -> I get that queston alot , its actuly my kids bdays . As luck would have it our son has a birthday of lots of family amusment - a running joke threw out my pregnancy since he was also born on his due date

Shannon : married to my love Colin Mother to Maggie-Ray(5-06)high needs Rock star and CJ(4-08) Sweet Distruction:Vegitarian BFing BWing CDing Vax reserching Viniger loving Family
#128 of 384 Old 04-27-2009, 02:40 PM
Banned

Thanks for the link!

As for my own doctor prescribing something like that, wouldn't happen. I have Kaiser. Trust me on that one! I'd have to go to a different doctor and pay out of pocket to get MJ prescribed.
#129 of 384 Old 04-27-2009, 05:11 PM

To all of you that wanted to see how much corbyn has grown I will post some pics.

http://i126.photobucket.com/albums/p...SDC10617-1.jpg

http://i126.photobucket.com/albums/p...SDC10614-1.jpg

http://photos-a.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos..._4102524_n.jpg

Hopefully the links work.
#130 of 384 Old 04-27-2009, 07:13 PM

I am joining....kind of. I have never even tried mj but given some stuff I have been dealing with, I am considering it. Dh used to use in college but hasn't in years. He is willing to let me try. for now, I am in the research phase.

Thanks for letting me hang around

Dhjammin.gif, Me knit.gif, DD 10 REPlaySkateboard04HL.gif, DD 7 cat.gif, DD 4 joy.gif

We reading.gif, homeschool.gif, cold.gif, eat.gif, sleepytime.gif not in that order

#131 of 384 Old 04-27-2009, 07:29 PM

Oh he's so cute!!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ~kitnkaboodle~ View Post
To all of you that wanted to see how much corbyn has grown I will post some pics.

wife to DH 2/03, mama to DS 3/03 & DD 1/09
#132 of 384 Old 04-27-2009, 08:40 PM

Thank you... He's my chubbly bubbly!
#133 of 384 Old 04-28-2009, 03:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~kitnkaboodle~ View Post

How handsome

Mom of many minions . . . babyf.gif jumpers.gif     jumpers.gif     jumpers.gif
"And when our baby stirs and struggles to be born it compels humility: what we began is now its own." Margaret Mead 
#134 of 384 Old 04-28-2009, 06:05 PM
Banned

The only local medical MJ place here does not treat pregnant women (which I find ironic since MJ can be very effective for hyperemesis and is as safe or safer in general as other anti emetics...). I cannot seem to find any other local listings. There are a few 2.5+ hours away, I guess I could try them too.

I also find it frustrating so many people are very pro MJ but are unwilling to link you to articles, info, or other forums on it. Google is only so helpful.

ETA: I see there are some links on the first page The first two don't work, FYI.
#135 of 384 Old 04-28-2009, 09:48 PM

I just wanted to join this group. I need to go back and read and I haven't joined any tribe's yet that I actively participate in so if I need to know anything please fill me in!
#136 of 384 Old 04-28-2009, 10:54 PM

http://greenpassion.org/
a website "Dedicated to Medicinal Cannabis Cultivation and Education"
Good group of people - I have found answers to every queston I had with them - plus they have a "womens group " Where you can disscuss pg concerns with people who have been there. I dont go there 1/2 as much as a should my limited computer time I spend here

Shannon : married to my love Colin Mother to Maggie-Ray(5-06)high needs Rock star and CJ(4-08) Sweet Distruction:Vegitarian BFing BWing CDing Vax reserching Viniger loving Family
#137 of 384 Old 04-28-2009, 11:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talula Fairie View Post

I also find it frustrating so many people are very pro MJ but are unwilling to link you to articles, info, or other forums on it. Google is only so helpful.

ETA: I see there are some links on the first page The first two don't work, FYI.
I know what you mean, and it is frustrating, but Im guilty of it myself. I only have so much bookmarked and I feel like while I know a lot about MJ for myself I dont feel expert enough to preach it to others, and I dont have a brain bibliography for what I know to be true.

Im just now after 5 years of research and a 14 mo formal course as well as an apprenticeship feeling like I know enough about homebirth to "preach it" I absolutely do not have as much research time invested in MJ. I wish I had more to share with you.

I'd be really carefull with mj right now if I were you. I do not personally feel comfortable mixing drugs with mj. If zofran was all you were on and you wanted to try something different, Id say go for it! but As far as MJ and mental illness I think you have a good grip on your illness in order to be able to come off drugs and give mj a try. you need to be very aware of the changes and pros and cons. I can only compare it to using yourself as an experiment and document everything. But if your ADL's are going to be so severely impaired by your "journey to a new you" then it is absolutely not worth it. Only you can know if you have a good enough grip to hold it together while you make a transition and decide if its for you.

I am most thankful for the transition I made years ago.

Im a broc1.giflovinghippie.giffly-by-nursing2.gifcd.gif  novaxnocirc.gif
#138 of 384 Old 04-29-2009, 10:53 AM
~D~

subbing, brb =)
final exams week
miss you guys
nice work, ~kitnkaboodle~!
welcome, new friends...

I began to medicate myself for anxiety & depression with mj b/c prescription meds were a very poor fit for me(prozac),therefore it was not a difficult transition for me at all. I had always enjoyed recreational use, but as I got older and learned more about it, it was just a natural thing for me. I began to realize how much of a waste it was to just use for fun, and how much more meaning it has to my life. It helps me to be successful mother, student, wife, and friend.

So much for just subbing this thread
Gotta go hit the books =P
~PEACE LADIES~

~Diana~ Mama to DD 13 blahblah.gif and DS 10 jumpers.gif

#139 of 384 Old 04-29-2009, 11:07 AM

Thank you ~D~
#140 of 384 Old 04-29-2009, 04:49 PM

deleted
#141 of 384 Old 04-29-2009, 10:49 PM

Peace ~ great strain link I know Ive seen dozens but I can not think of one for the life of me !

Zofran have any weird side effects ? I had my very ill exploding baby at the hospital today and they put him on that and when I asked about side effects the DR said it was a "Miracile drug " and I "need not worry "about side effects - but I worry anyways -- Side not the DR also couuldnt say breast , he stumbled all over it after I corrected his formula statement with breat milk then left and choose to use "your milk" instead
Peace

#142 of 384 Old 04-29-2009, 11:00 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by mama516/419 View Post
Peace ~ great strain link I know Ive seen dozens but I can not think of one for the life of me !

Zofran have any weird side effects ? I had my very ill exploding baby at the hospital today and they put him on that and when I asked about side effects the DR said it was a "Miracile drug " and I "need not worry "about side effects - but I worry anyways -- Side not the DR also couuldnt say breast , he stumbled all over it after I corrected his formula statement with breat milk then left and choose to use "your milk" instead
Peace
Zofran causes wicked constipation. I'm sure there might be other side effects but they're probably less common. I've never had any other side effect besides that.
#143 of 384 Old 04-30-2009, 01:00 AM

So I am sitting here at 1 am because my son has the flu and a fever and he won't sleep unless I am holding him. I'm wondering how I can naturally take down his fever because I don't want to use tylenol. Any ideas ladies?
#144 of 384 Old 04-30-2009, 01:31 AM

Hey! I hope your LO feels better soon.
One thing I like to do is put a cold wet washcloth on the *back of their neck.* Keep doing it as needed.
That really seems to lower the temp.

Nights are the worst for fevers, if you can make it thru the night, you're good to go.

Mom to three boys 7/7/00 fencing.gif 11/20/02 and 10/29/2011 luxlove.gif

Writing at: http://paisleymama.blogspot.com/ and other places! 

#145 of 384 Old 04-30-2009, 01:35 AM

I've also used lukewarm baths to help a fever go down. I'm thinking of you guys. s:

#146 of 384 Old 04-30-2009, 01:39 AM

Thanks mountaingirl I will be sure to try it. I've also been told to sleep naked next to him so his body can regulate its temperature naturally and because skin to skin contact is really good too in helping to heal a baby's yucky days.
#147 of 384 Old 04-30-2009, 01:45 AM

Cool, I agree about that. Keep him near you and try to get some sleep off and on if he is willing. Keep a cold washcloth near you guys and place it behind his neck while you snuggle or something. Good vibes your way! We've been there too!

#148 of 384 Old 04-30-2009, 05:43 PM

poor sick babies. : I feel your pain .

#149 of 384 Old 04-30-2009, 05:53 PM

Hey again ladies. I have been MIA for a while now but should be back around that now that I've gotten settled into my new place and school is ending for the summer. Hope to get you know you ladies all over again.

Rochelle  chartnew.gifff: /home/simplyrochelle  Wife to Matt; angel1.gif 9/08; angel1.gif 11/12;angel1.gif 6/13;

Every day brings me closer to fulfilling my dreams of becoming a midwife and a mother  

#150 of 384 Old 04-30-2009, 11:08 PM

It was my birthday today and all in all except for LO being sick I had a good day

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page