Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
aaah congrats!!!!! wohooo! :
#422 of 1378 Old 06-24-2009, 09:08 AM

Thank you!!! Shoot, have to go work....will definitely check in later.

Geigerin violin.gif, wife to geek.gif ; mama to 2 cat.gif ; mama to jog.gif and blahblah.gif
#423 of 1378 Old 06-24-2009, 09:19 AM

oh i am jealous now though, i so totally want to be pregnant, but the way i have been craving meat (& consommé, haha) i might well be. wouldn't that be great! pregnant at the same time = able to complain to each other!
#424 of 1378 Old 06-24-2009, 09:43 AM - Thread Starter

Good morning!

Very exciting G.....

and
#425 of 1378 Old 06-24-2009, 09:45 AM

morning!
kids are kind of asleep, finally.
#426 of 1378 Old 06-24-2009, 10:14 AM

Wow, G!!!! : : : : Congrats!!!!!

I'm Olivia. I blog about physiological childbirth, homebirth, and unassisted homebirth!
#427 of 1378 Old 06-24-2009, 10:34 AM

It's official! I just took a digital test, and I got the one word- "Pregnant"

:::::::::

Oops, I need to update fertility friend which thinks I got a negative this a.m.

Geigerin violin.gif, wife to geek.gif ; mama to 2 cat.gif ; mama to jog.gif and blahblah.gif
#428 of 1378 Old 06-24-2009, 10:51 AM

Oh, no. My obgyn is moving out of state and I haven't found a midwife yet. I'm so happy to even have this delimma. ::

#429 of 1378 Old 06-24-2009, 11:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geigerin View Post
Oh, no. My obgyn is moving out of state and I haven't found a midwife yet. I'm so happy to even have this delimma. ::
Have you thought about birth choices?

I'm Olivia. I blog about physiological childbirth, homebirth, and unassisted homebirth!
#430 of 1378 Old 06-24-2009, 11:15 AM

Definitely. We're planning a home birth since there aren't good birthing centers near us as far as I can tell. My OB is very supportive of this decision and is basically there for me while we're TTC. I haven't figured out if she can remain my back-up if I need a hospital transfer, but at this point it doesn't matter. I will miss her soooo much. She's down-to-earth, honest, direct. Wah!

We just started TTC, so I hadn't even called any of the MW contacts I've gotten locally. There are a couple of good candidates, and I just left messages for them.

If you have good birth stories/ideas/recommendations, I'll take them. Please! I need a lot of help.

#431 of 1378 Old 06-24-2009, 11:24 AM

How exciting for you Geigerin!!! This is your first baby? weeee! There are tons of birth stories here on MDC over in Birth and Beyond. I definitely recommend Ina May's and Henci Goers books if you are looking for something to read..

Congrats again and lots of sticky baby vibes!

Blissful Mama to DD-(5), DS-(6) and someone new due in November!
#432 of 1378 Old 06-24-2009, 11:47 AM - Thread Starter

Feel any different yet?

and
#433 of 1378 Old 06-24-2009, 11:53 AM - Thread Starter

I read both the Ina May and Henci Goers book. I learnt from both of them but especially 'The Thinking Womans Guide to a Better Book' because it uses real scientific studies to back it up. It was invaluable when I was getting pressured to induce (I was late! late! late!) and gave me the courage to stand up and say "no no no'

and
#434 of 1378 Old 06-24-2009, 12:14 PM

Quote:
Definitely. We're planning a home birth since there aren't good birthing centers near us as far as I can tell. My OB is very supportive of this decision and is basically there for me while we're TTC. I haven't figured out if she can remain my back-up if I need a hospital transfer, but at this point it doesn't matter. I will miss her soooo much. She's down-to-earth, honest, direct. Wah!

We just started TTC, so I hadn't even called any of the MW contacts I've gotten locally. There are a couple of good candidates, and I just left messages for them.

If you have good birth stories/ideas/recommendations, I'll take them. Please! I need a lot of help.
Yeah, those OBs are worth their weight in gold! I hope you find the right care provider for you! So when are you expecting your baby? It must still be very surreal! No morning sickness yet?

I'll send you my birth story from my last birth if you want. I had a UC. I had a mw attended homebirth with DD, and I learnt that you should make clear agreements with your mw in advance.

#435 of 1378 Old 06-24-2009, 05:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MittensKittens View Post
NOOO!!! DD just cut into her hair with a pair of scissors
Recently my ds2 did this to ds1 (they both got half long hair with bangs). At least noone got hurt by the scissors (pandabear shape, but still sharp!!!), and it wasn't PULLED out this time.

I already put the 'creativity' penbag out of reach of kids' hands (but once in a while 3yo gets hold of it anyway), and all sharp knives are out of reach for a loooong time, if not for peventing accidental cutting or stabbing incidents, for not having our kitchen cupboards or anything else cut by a very proud 3yo old urging us to come and look what he just did!

My 5yo has the occasional habbit to take a plastic knife of their kitchen set with him to school in his pocket (he likes smuggling his little toys like that :-) I would not see anything wrong with that except it's not toy day at school, and he got the idea of using it for imaginary 'stabbing'. I guess I know where this comes from . In a neighbourhood girl's house they got hold of the (real) pocket knife of her older brother, and she came in the kitchen where her mother and I were chatting, with the knife out and pointed outward. Mother took it after some hesitation, but then when girl insisted to have it back, just gave it back without blinking and send the kids back to play downstairs asking her to put it in its place. Not checking if it would actually happen. Knowing both of my kids where playing there, too, and knowing them, I couldn't stand it and had to double check on them, the whereabouts of this knife, and explain them about the danger of such a thing and not to ever look for it, touch it, and definitely warn an adult if a kid took it out.. Then they resumed playing with a so-called 'innocent' fake stabbing knife (that disappears in the handle when stabbed), my 5yo enjoyed the 'knife play', then stabbed me with it, and it was sharp, and 'stabbed' enough that it actually hurt me a little. Honestly, what's WRONG with ppl for having this stıuff around for, and with (young) kids in the house? I'm not comfortable having my kids go over there anymore, really, also since the mom isn't supervising any bit. Also, this may be an indicator for more possible hazards, isn't it? I'm not the hysterical type of parent, but such things truly bug me. Just as double teapots and such on stoves and tables and young kids running around in the same room (a boy from our street got his feet burnt like that, eg).

Me:,loving HB,two active sons of 3 & 5,1 cat, nature lover,,extbf,occ,SAHM, multicultural/lingual family,+/-cl, :become a better parent/person by not expecting to be the perfect parent/person
#436 of 1378 Old 06-24-2009, 05:16 PM

Geigerin, congratulations! You must be SO excited!

Just for fun: you think it must be a boy or a girl? (because that's one of the (at least, for me it was annoying Qs you will sure get way too often :-).

Me:,loving HB,two active sons of 3 & 5,1 cat, nature lover,,extbf,occ,SAHM, multicultural/lingual family,+/-cl, :become a better parent/person by not expecting to be the perfect parent/person
#437 of 1378 Old 06-24-2009, 05:30 PM

Anyone notice any change in my siggy?

#438 of 1378 Old 06-24-2009, 05:32 PM

Quote:
Welcome back! Are you happy about where you are moving? How are you generally?
Hello!!!
Yes, I like this place. It's not that big and its full of friendly people, even though we are the only "foreigners" in the neighborhood, I think I'll adjust. This place is really hot though, but we have pools nearby and we lare going to live infront of little park. I was there to check the house yesterday, and I talked with some of the neighbors, Dd will be able to socialize more with other children here.

Quote:
Hi! Nice to meet you. : I've never been to Mexico City, but I understand it is huge. Are you from Mexico or are you an expat?
Hi geigerin and congratulations:!!!
It's huge and just stressing I don't really reccomend it, personally I didn't liked it. No, I'm Spaniard, which is almost the same I guess. SO is Brit.

This is the link
Poor babies
#439 of 1378 Old 06-24-2009, 05:34 PM - Thread Starter

hmmmm....nursing only one? or is it nature lover...? I don't remember that from before.

and
#440 of 1378 Old 06-24-2009, 05:35 PM - Thread Starter

ernala... no ! occ! what's that?

and
#441 of 1378 Old 06-24-2009, 05:39 PM - Thread Starter

alekslace, that is so sad.

and
#442 of 1378 Old 06-24-2009, 05:41 PM - Thread Starter

Ernala, I don't blame you one bit! I would not let DD play in a household like that. Honestly, what is wrong with people?!?!

and
#443 of 1378 Old 06-24-2009, 05:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaBaBa View Post
ernala... no ! occ! what's that?
that's nr. 1! Well, it stands for 'occasional' since ds2 recently moved out of our bed/room now for full nights, most nights.
There's another one. He's a bf 'kid' now :-).

However, I never nursed two simultaneously, ds1 stopped nursing while I was pregnant of ds2...BUT he got some daily tasty bm in a cup with a straw for several months after ds2 was born since I had a huge supply plus stock in the freezer :-).

#444 of 1378 Old 06-24-2009, 06:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mimi View Post
oh i am jealous now though, i so totally want to be pregnant, but the way i have been craving meat (& consommé, haha) i might well be. wouldn't that be great! pregnant at the same time = able to complain to each other!
That would be fun. I would love a pregnant buddy. All of my friends in RL are not pregnant, and as far as I know are not planning to be.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rainbowmoon View Post
How exciting for you Geigerin!!! This is your first baby? weeee! There are tons of birth stories here on MDC over in Birth and Beyond. I definitely recommend Ina May's and Henci Goers books if you are looking for something to read..

Congrats again and lots of sticky baby vibes!
Thank you for the sticky vibes. I'm hoping little bean stays put (that's his/her name for now).

Quote:

Feel any different yet?
Actually, not too different. Have been very sleepy this week and some nausea last night. Nothing now, though. Feeling pretty good. Yay!

Quote:
I read both the Ina May and Henci Goers book. I learnt from both of them but especially 'The Thinking Womans Guide to a Better Book' because it uses real scientific studies to back it up. It was invaluable when I was getting pressured to induce (I was late! late! late!) and gave me the courage to stand up and say "no no no'
I'm on the waitlist for 'Thining Woman' at the library right now.

Quote:
Yeah, those OBs are worth their weight in gold! I hope you find the right care provider for you! So when are you expecting your baby? It must still be very surreal! No morning sickness yet?

I'll send you my birth story from my last birth if you want. I had a UC. I had a mw attended homebirth with DD, and I learnt that you should make clear agreements with your mw in advance.
I would love your birth story. I told my mom about our home plans today (she's a doula), and she freaked. She said it wasn't safe, and I need a doctor on call, yada yada. What do you think?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ernalala View Post
Geigerin, congratulations! You must be SO excited!

Just for fun: you think it must be a boy or a girl? (because that's one of the (at least, for me it was annoying Qs you will sure get way too often :-).
I'm already thinking girl. Don't know why. I will honestly be so happy with either one. We've already decided not to circ if we have a boy. We're considering not finding out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by alekslasce View Post
Hello!!!
Hi geigerin and congratulations:!!!
It's huge and just stressing I don't really reccomend it, personally I didn't liked it. No, I'm Spaniard, which is almost the same I guess. SO is Brit.
Thank you! What brought you both to Mexico? I loved the bit of Spain I've had the privelidge of seeing, Barcelona, but I hear it's nothing like the rest of the country. What part of Spain are you from?

For those who are curious, I tried to get pics of my tests...lol

Very, very faint dollar tree test

Easy to read digital test

#445 of 1378 Old 06-24-2009, 06:43 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
That would be fun. I would love a pregnant buddy. All of my friends in RL are not pregnant, and as far as I know are not planning to be.

But I already told M that if SHE got pregnant that I would have to get pregnant too!

and
#446 of 1378 Old 06-24-2009, 06:45 PM - Thread Starter

G, you need to change your siggy already!

and
#447 of 1378 Old 06-24-2009, 06:47 PM

Just changed it!

Sounds like it's time for you to TTC again...

#448 of 1378 Old 06-24-2009, 06:51 PM - Thread Starter

and
#449 of 1378 Old 06-24-2009, 06:52 PM - Thread Starter

you're not going to leave us for your DDC are you?

and
#450 of 1378 Old 06-24-2009, 07:00 PM

Heck, no! This is my favorite group. You'll all just have to hear about everything for the next 9 months.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page