Make friends here!!!! - Page 5 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#121 of 1378 Old 06-19-2009, 07:17 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
woohoo, my mum & her husband decided to stay in a bed&breakfast instead of with us. that will make this a whole lot less stressful, as noone has to give up their bed, plus dh is not a fan of having to get dressed in the middle of the night just to go to the bathroom. (which i prefer. when we were staying with them her husband was wandering around in boxershorts,i found that slightly inappropriate.

edit to add: don't get me wrong,i love my mum & her husband, but, i like our home to ourselves
#122 of 1378 Old 06-19-2009, 07:32 AM

grandpa threw out the spider we caught & we didn't see the other one, so yay, we can use the kitchen again!!

i so love my father in law.
#123 of 1378 Old 06-19-2009, 07:48 AM

He must love u a great deal too :-).

Me:,loving HB,two active sons of 3 & 5,1 cat, nature lover,,extbf,occ,SAHM, multicultural/lingual family,+/-cl, :become a better parent/person by not expecting to be the perfect parent/person
#124 of 1378 Old 06-19-2009, 07:50 AM

to entertain my craziness? yeah. well,hey,he got our bread for it, which is really nice if i do say so myself
#125 of 1378 Old 06-19-2009, 07:51 AM

just too angry right now to type it all out again, but, argh!
#126 of 1378 Old 06-19-2009, 07:54 AM

erna (i have an aunt erna ) , what's cl, in your signature?
#127 of 1378 Old 06-19-2009, 08:35 AM - Thread Starter

I see I have a lot of catching up to do!

But, it's french toast for breakfast this morning and

and
#128 of 1378 Old 06-19-2009, 08:42 AM

erna, you replied in the wrong thread if cl is what i think, i mena, remember, then, we are so trying that,too. as in, we have a family mneeting in bed every morning where everyone can put forward things he would like to do during the day, & we then work out a way to fit it all in or plan for a different day. we don't do that with food,though,because then we'd just eat avocado every day -.-
#129 of 1378 Old 06-19-2009, 08:45 AM - Thread Starter

HWAT< I only got to glance quickly at the thread you posted, yesterday and now I can't find it. I take it you're still having problems with..... I'll call him "WB"

and
#130 of 1378 Old 06-19-2009, 08:51 AM

yeah, he went away for a while, but now i get lots of blog hits from where he lives & his gf is pregnant, so, umm. yeah. i asked for the thread to be deleted so that he can't find it if he googles my blog name, will have my mdc name changed,too. taking name suggestions! (i loke mimi poppins, emi just called me that, haha)
#131 of 1378 Old 06-19-2009, 09:01 AM - Thread Starter

I like that name!!!

I wish you could just take a fly swatter to him. What a PITA!

If I had to change my username I'd change it to my new email (I stopped sharing with DH) and be Phyllis Stein

and
#132 of 1378 Old 06-19-2009, 09:03 AM - Thread Starter

...but can you change your username and keep all your old posts or do you have to start back at 0?

and
#133 of 1378 Old 06-19-2009, 09:06 AM

'cl' stands for Consensual Living. I'm trying to imply this way of life to our everyday life and especially in regard to my children. It's not easy when you come from a not so cl kind of upbringing, even though it was pretty ok, but I just want to do it differently in some ways. It's so ingrained in your being and hard to turn the wheel around or in another direction. Therefore 'trying' cl. I can't claim 'being' it but I'll hope to once be able to say so. Anyway, I do not wish to label myself either, it's just for my own sake and that of people around me, and the kind of parent I'd like to be most. There's a long discussion thread (under parenting) dedicated to it here on MDC, and a website and discussion group elsewhere, too.

right place now

Me:,loving HB,two active sons of 3 & 5,1 cat, nature lover,,extbf,occ,SAHM, multicultural/lingual family,+/-cl, :become a better parent/person by not expecting to be the perfect parent/person
#134 of 1378 Old 06-19-2009, 09:12 AM

yeah,i can keep my posts. they charge $2 for changing the name, but w/e.

dd is driving me nuts today.
#135 of 1378 Old 06-19-2009, 10:40 AM - Thread Starter

Breakfast dishes are all cleaned and put away.
Hung a load of laundry but now it looks like rain
Time for outdoor play. We have a date with some snakes. Later!

and
#136 of 1378 Old 06-19-2009, 11:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MittensKittens View Post
Morning mamas

REDVEG, where are you!?!

Geigerin, thanks for your support but sorry to hear you are facing some of the same issues. She actually tries her best to respect and support, but that always shows in the form of a "yeah right", "well, whatever you say" comment that is sarcastically made. This is probably because she knows she should leave it alone, and doesn't know how to respond. And this is never before a bunch of "but what I say is really just the factual truth" (because the TV/web says so??) type remarks. It is also interesting plus kind weird to me what choices she likes and which ones she disagrees with. She had no issues with UCing at all and was Very Interested in the gory details. We do a lot of the same stuff, and she is totally nature-oriented. In that context, it just amazes me how her views on parenting and discipline can be so mainstream, yk? I just don't understand it. She is a big fan of nanny 911. How about your mom? What are the issues you are having difficulty with?
It is funny that she's so in touch with a more gentle approach to life but not when it comes to discipline. It sounds like you have a pretty good handle on it, though. She probably just doesn't know how to respond when you don't follow advice she gives.

My mother is an herbalist and doula, so she's taught me a lot of what I know about natural living. She whole-heartedly supports my search for a midwife and understands decisions we make in that arena. We struggle with little things she doesn't understand or can't relate to (or she finds downright offensive- like my love of Dunkin' Donuts iced coffee). For example, I started running about a year ago to lose weight. This spring, my husband and I trained for a half-marathon, and the day of the race, I called to tell her how we did. Her response: "I guess it's a Hooda-Hooda-Hoosier thing and we just don't understand." It doesn't sound bad, but that's a song on a local radio station that makes fun of hillbilly Indiana people. Is there something wrong with running? I think she just doesn't know how to support it because she can't relate to it, and sarcasm is her best way to handle it.

I know our situations are different, but the response is kind of similar. They want to be supportive but don't know how to without sounding skeptical.

Geigerin violin.gif, wife to geek.gif ; mama to 2 cat.gif ; mama to jog.gif and blahblah.gif
#137 of 1378 Old 06-19-2009, 11:41 AM

my mum smacked my baby.
#138 of 1378 Old 06-19-2009, 12:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by herewearetogether View Post
yeah, he went away for a while, but now i get lots of blog hits from where he lives & his gf is pregnant, so, umm. yeah. i asked for the thread to be deleted so that he can't find it if he googles my blog name, will have my mdc name changed,too. taking name suggestions! (i loke mimi poppins, emi just called me that, haha)
I like that suggestion. You could also try something the opposite of who you are. That could throw him off the trail.

"ThereI'mNotAway"
"HillbillyLiving"
"DriveThruQueen"

Just kidding, of course.

Geigerin violin.gif, wife to geek.gif ; mama to 2 cat.gif ; mama to jog.gif and blahblah.gif
#139 of 1378 Old 06-19-2009, 12:04 PM

haha, i like all of those!
#140 of 1378 Old 06-19-2009, 12:05 PM

i don't use tampons, & i doubt a security guard would be fussed by a moon cup, he wouldn't know what it is.
#141 of 1378 Old 06-19-2009, 12:06 PM

What?!!!! Why on earth?

#142 of 1378 Old 06-19-2009, 12:08 PM

Lol...that's true. I'm counting on a more educated male populace. Not likely with stadium security.

#143 of 1378 Old 06-19-2009, 12:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geigerin View Post
What?!!!! Why on earth?
emi & me were living with her for a year, emi was around 9 or so months & pulled something off a shelf. my mum still often says things like "i hope you smacked her for that" when i tell her things. my mum loves emi a lot, but iguess it doesn't even cross her mind that hitting a child might be wrong.
i did tell her,though,that in our home noone hits anyone, & we treat each other with respect. so, she won't ever do that anymore.
#144 of 1378 Old 06-19-2009, 12:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geigerin View Post
Lol...that's true. I'm counting on a more educated male populace. Not likely with stadium security.
not really,no
once when fil was looking afte remi in our home i remembered that i left my cup in the bathroom & i had terror images of emi finding it & them both having a tea party with it, sipping water from it, crossing my mind. lol.
luckily that was not the case, but, boy was i worried the whole time.
#145 of 1378 Old 06-19-2009, 12:25 PM

where is everybody? both my children are asleep,my house is tidy & that's why i am booored.
#146 of 1378 Old 06-19-2009, 12:36 PM

I'm kinda here. Gearing up to brave the 90+ degree weather we're having today. I should live in California or some other spot where it's about 70 year-round. Any suggestions?

About your mum...I thought it had just happened. I'm glad she doesn't do that anymore.

#147 of 1378 Old 06-19-2009, 12:38 PM

oh man. i hear you. another reason my next baby will be conceived in the summer. with baby geem i was 9 months pregnant in that crazy hot weather. most of the time it's pretty nice here, but not for a pregnant lady.

nah,my mum will arrive on sunday evening.
#148 of 1378 Old 06-19-2009, 12:52 PM - Thread Starter

i'm back, but we're just in the middle of lunch. What are you making for Fathers Day?

and
#149 of 1378 Old 06-19-2009, 12:56 PM

just some cards :/
#150 of 1378 Old 06-19-2009, 12:57 PM - Thread Starter

send the hot weather right over here! It's been such a cold, wet spring. I had the fireplace running a couple of weeks ago.

and

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page