Summer MJ/Cannabis Mamas!! - Page 15 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 
Reply
 
Thread Tools
#421 of 509 Old 11-06-2009, 02:01 PM
 
SamiPolizzi's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Portland, OR
Posts: 519
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
subbing!

What is tincture?
I googled it and I'm still a little confused.

Single Mama to Vincent 3/30/09
SamiPolizzi is offline  
#422 of 509 Old 11-06-2009, 03:00 PM
 
mama516/419's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Ma/Ri line
Posts: 251
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Ugh what an awful thing happened yestrday . My husbands care taker has a brother whos in and out of trouble all the time . the brother moved back to the family home ( that DHs caretaker is co head of household since the mother passed of cancer and the father needed help wih the younger siblings)
Well the brother moved home after he was placed on house arrest for drug charges .DH's caretaker continues to be our grower trusting his brother wouldnt steal from him . Yet the brother continued to operate from that home and there was a police raid at the home last night . The police took in the brother and all of the drugs he was pedeling as well as DHs caretaker , the whole garden and all the equipment . DH and I went to the police station in attemps to clear the mess up but they told us the didnt understand the medical MJ bill that they were never faced with this type of situiation before and tho they were happy the bill was serving patients they didnt have respect for the care taker position. As far as they were concern hey were pressing growing charges as well as charging both brothers for the whole of the confascation .
I feel so badly as this caretaker is one of DHs best friends and his only crime was allowing his brother back into the family home.

Shannon : married to my love Colin Mother to Maggie-Ray(5-06)high needs Rock star and CJ(4-08) Sweet Distruction:Vegitarian BFing BWing CDing Vax reserching Viniger loving Family
mama516/419 is offline  
#423 of 509 Old 11-06-2009, 03:08 PM
 
mama516/419's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Ma/Ri line
Posts: 251
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
mama2rio - I love the bumper that says "MJ leads to other things - mosly junk food" Gate way drugs are a ridiculas concept I was actuly just reading an article about a book Marijuana is Safer: So Why Are We Driving People to Drink? by Steve Fox, Paul Armentano, Mason Tvert, and Norm Stamper and the guy that wrote it started this college campus act asking to lessen the punshment for kids cought with MJ hoping to decrease the amount of kids drinking he was wearing a shirt that said cannabis vs can o' beer haha

Shannon : married to my love Colin Mother to Maggie-Ray(5-06)high needs Rock star and CJ(4-08) Sweet Distruction:Vegitarian BFing BWing CDing Vax reserching Viniger loving Family
mama516/419 is offline  
#424 of 509 Old 11-06-2009, 09:26 PM
~D~
 
~D~'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: West Michigan
Posts: 304
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by SamiPolizzi View Post
subbing!

What is tincture?
I googled it and I'm still a little confused.
Tincture in an extract, in the context of this forum, an extract of marijuana. It's made by soaking the herb in a high proof grain alcohol. I tried making it, and it didn't work too well for me. I might not have used enough herb or something I may not try again. it was a waste of several grams of good herb

Quote:
Originally Posted by mama516/419 View Post
Ugh what an awful thing happened yestrday . My husbands care taker has a brother whos in and out of trouble all the time . the brother moved back to the family home ( that DHs caretaker is co head of household since the mother passed of cancer and the father needed help wih the younger siblings)
Well the brother moved home after he was placed on house arrest for drug charges .DH's caretaker continues to be our grower trusting his brother wouldnt steal from him . Yet the brother continued to operate from that home and there was a police raid at the home last night . The police took in the brother and all of the drugs he was pedeling as well as DHs caretaker , the whole garden and all the equipment . DH and I went to the police station in attemps to clear the mess up but they told us the didnt understand the medical MJ bill that they were never faced with this type of situiation before and tho they were happy the bill was serving patients they didnt have respect for the care taker position. As far as they were concern hey were pressing growing charges as well as charging both brothers for the whole of the confascation .
I feel so badly as this caretaker is one of DHs best friends and his only crime was allowing his brother back into the family home.
So sorry mama

Quote:
Originally Posted by mama516/419 View Post
mama2rio - I love the bumper that says "MJ leads to other things - mosly junk food" Gate way drugs are a ridiculas concept I was actuly just reading an article about a book Marijuana is Safer: So Why Are We Driving People to Drink? by Steve Fox, Paul Armentano, Mason Tvert, and Norm Stamper and the guy that wrote it started this college campus act asking to lessen the punshment for kids cought with MJ hoping to decrease the amount of kids drinking he was wearing a shirt that said cannabis vs can o' beer haha

~Diana~ Mama to DD 13 blahblah.gif and DS 10 jumpers.gif

~D~ is offline  
#425 of 509 Old 11-06-2009, 09:32 PM
~D~
 
~D~'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: West Michigan
Posts: 304
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by SamiPolizzi View Post
subbing!

What is tincture?
I googled it and I'm still a little confused.
This one is closest to how I tried it, but on a much smaller scale.

This one is good to watch, but I was too chicken to heat up my herb

This looks interesting, but I bet you could use self rising flour...

~Diana~ Mama to DD 13 blahblah.gif and DS 10 jumpers.gif

~D~ is offline  
#426 of 509 Old 11-07-2009, 11:33 AM
 
chirp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Southern New Jersey
Posts: 1,362
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by mama516/419 View Post
Ugh what an awful thing happened yestrday . My husbands care taker has a brother whos in and out of trouble all the time . the brother moved back to the family home ( that DHs caretaker is co head of household since the mother passed of cancer and the father needed help wih the younger siblings)
Well the brother moved home after he was placed on house arrest for drug charges .DH's caretaker continues to be our grower trusting his brother wouldnt steal from him . Yet the brother continued to operate from that home and there was a police raid at the home last night . The police took in the brother and all of the drugs he was pedeling as well as DHs caretaker , the whole garden and all the equipment . DH and I went to the police station in attemps to clear the mess up but they told us the didnt understand the medical MJ bill that they were never faced with this type of situiation before and tho they were happy the bill was serving patients they didnt have respect for the care taker position. As far as they were concern hey were pressing growing charges as well as charging both brothers for the whole of the confascation .
I feel so badly as this caretaker is one of DHs best friends and his only crime was allowing his brother back into the family home.

holy crap!!

this WILL be resolved in court. It doesn't matter if they "respect" the caretaker position or not...it's the law, what he was doing was legal, and their irreverence for the law has put your husband in a position where he will be out of his medication for a period of time (i'm assuming they destroyed the plants...)

NORML keeps lists of lawyers for each state. I'm SURE there is one that will take this one on.

many hugs to you, your husband and your husband's caretaker!! you'll all be in my thoughts.

and for the record...irresponsible, totally f'ed up family members SUCK!!!

living light husband wife loving life two sons to birth for our light loving earth. :
chirp is offline  
#427 of 509 Old 11-08-2009, 01:30 AM
 
Mama2Rio's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: a valley in the arid land
Posts: 469
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Shannon - how awful! i hope thigns get resolved right away!
Mama2Rio is offline  
#428 of 509 Old 11-08-2009, 07:21 PM
 
libranbutterfly's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 906
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hey mamas. Just dropping by. Enjoyed the last of out green last night, bills are piling up, so it may be awhile. I've been self medicating but now......It is going to be a long holiday season. Hoping DH gets a job soon.

jeneca mommy to kamille, 6 lexi, 4
#3 due 2/28/12

libranbutterfly is offline  
#429 of 509 Old 11-08-2009, 09:26 PM
 
mama516/419's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Ma/Ri line
Posts: 251
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Thanks guys - luckily our RIPAC leader is willing to work with the family lawyer to try to get this mess strightened out . I just hope his stay in prison is a comfortable one ( tho I am sure thats asking alot)

Shannon : married to my love Colin Mother to Maggie-Ray(5-06)high needs Rock star and CJ(4-08) Sweet Distruction:Vegitarian BFing BWing CDing Vax reserching Viniger loving Family
mama516/419 is offline  
#430 of 509 Old 11-08-2009, 11:58 PM
~D~
 
~D~'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: West Michigan
Posts: 304
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by libranbutterfly View Post
Hey mamas. Just dropping by. Enjoyed the last of out green last night, bills are piling up, so it may be awhile. I've been self medicating but now......It is going to be a long holiday season. Hoping DH gets a job soon.
Welcome!

In the meantime on the situation & to get you through=)

~Diana~ Mama to DD 13 blahblah.gif and DS 10 jumpers.gif

~D~ is offline  
#431 of 509 Old 11-09-2009, 12:02 AM
~D~
 
~D~'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: West Michigan
Posts: 304
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by mama516/419 View Post
Thanks guys - luckily our RIPAC leader is willing to work with the family lawyer to try to get this mess strightened out . I just hope his stay in prison is a comfortable one ( tho I am sure thats asking alot)
and

Will be thinking of you!

~Diana~ Mama to DD 13 blahblah.gif and DS 10 jumpers.gif

~D~ is offline  
#432 of 509 Old 11-09-2009, 09:29 PM
 
maciascl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: The Land of Confusion
Posts: 3,568
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I have been abstaining for awhile to support DH during his job seach, too many employers do testing & some even said hair tests He has been telling me it is ok if I want to do it (& at this point he should be able to too as he will be working for himself in a month or so), but I have said I would wait.

However today confirmed the fact that I need to give in & I need to get a card & partake when need be. I had a panic attack on the way home from the park today simply because I couldn't decide if I had enough time to get home to get my boys cleaned up before going to DS1's tennis class or if I should just take them to the class & clean them up there. WTF! So not a big deal, yet there I was heart racing & crying because I couldn't decide what to do. I had felt the panic rise up a few times while at the park which felt strange but not overwhelming. We have no insurance since DH is unemployed & I just kept picturing my kids falling & breaking bones or cracking their head's open, very random. Ugg... Off to go test out the tinture I started 3 months ago.... Hope it works!

Cheryl, wife to an amazing man, homeschooling SAHM to Gavin 12/03, Rhys 09/06, and Ian Aug 11, 2010.

maciascl is offline  
#433 of 509 Old 11-11-2009, 12:24 AM
 
maminatural's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: sun and sand
Posts: 210
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I understand what you're talking about... and yes, I agree you might want to apply for the card but if you're paranoid over the government being in your business, etc... I respect the reluctance.

However, I prefer to be optimistic and think that we're in the midst of an incredible shift towards the legalization of marijuana and all the purely amazingly good things that might imply... not only on a personal level and the day to day scope of things, but ultimately on a global level. After all, the premise of the medical mj movement is that it works, that it's a miracle plant and we're denying each other access to something that's healing and can heal the world.

Then again, don't mind me, I just took my meds... I feel good, see what I mean?

And I too had a really emotionally draining day... I'm not even in a state that has that option or will anytime soon...

Let us know what you decide, it'll be interesting to follow your journey... Wishing you the best mj momma...

:::
maminatural is offline  
#434 of 509 Old 11-14-2009, 11:20 PM
 
Lemon Juice's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: 9700 ft in the sky!
Posts: 3,385
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Just wanted to say hello. Winter is approaching here. I hate winter...and I can feel the sad, hollow empty feeling inside when I think about it. Sigh. Anyone else get this way in winter and what (other than the wonderful green magic) do you do to help with it?
Lemon Juice is offline  
#435 of 509 Old 11-15-2009, 09:55 AM
 
happyhippy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 53
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Just wanted to give an update on getting legal. Ive been reluctant to get my license. Part of me really wants to join in the revolution and stand for the shift towards cannabis acceptance. Another part of me is scared that big brother will come after me if a republican government gets back into the white house. Then there is the here and now; the last thing I want is to get in any trouble over mj while I have 2 young children. So, I think I will be getting one but Ill just be procrastinating over it for a while longer.

I have discovered that there are so many interesting features to this law. For example, In order to get and maintain a license I have to see a doctor ($120) and apply for a card ($200). Dispensaries and Caretakers (growers) are willing to pay for all those fees in exchange for being named as caregiver. In addition, many dispensaries run monthly 'specials' for their members that include free mj! They want your business because they are able to grow 6 plants per person they are legally caretakers for. Caretakers also provide incentives. The whole thing is so bizarre to me. Then again, pharmaceutical companies give away tons of free samples too and spend millions on advertising so I need to keep working on my own acceptance of this new way of using cannabis medicine.

The dispensary I am going to use got broken into a few weeks ago. Thousands of $ worth of stuff was stolen. The police wouldnt even go to the store. That, and stories like what mama515/419 described are worrisome.
happyhippy is offline  
#436 of 509 Old 11-15-2009, 10:04 AM
 
happyhippy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 53
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lemon Juice View Post
Just wanted to say hello. Winter is approaching here. I hate winter...and I can feel the sad, hollow empty feeling inside when I think about it. Sigh. Anyone else get this way in winter and what (other than the wonderful green magic) do you do to help with it?
Since I looooove winter, this works for me. I get outside!!!! The fresh crisp air that invigorates me.
I love to get dressed super warm and cozy and be outside.
Where I live there is enough sun and winter fun things to do to keep spirits up.

Have you heard of seasonal affective disorder? http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Seasona...ctive_disorder
Therapy includes meds () and light therapy.
happyhippy is offline  
#437 of 509 Old 11-15-2009, 05:14 PM
 
chirp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Southern New Jersey
Posts: 1,362
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lemon Juice View Post
Just wanted to say hello. Winter is approaching here. I hate winter...and I can feel the sad, hollow empty feeling inside when I think about it. Sigh. Anyone else get this way in winter and what (other than the wonderful green magic) do you do to help with it?
winter is a time of rest. i've just been trying to see it like that...so if my system feels depressed, maybe I need to take it easy. like, i'm not allowing hungry, tired and thirsty to come through so instead i'm feeling hollow and sad.

Try to nurture yourself.

living light husband wife loving life two sons to birth for our light loving earth. :
chirp is offline  
#438 of 509 Old 11-15-2009, 05:52 PM
 
Mama2Rio's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: a valley in the arid land
Posts: 469
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lemon Juice View Post
Just wanted to say hello. Winter is approaching here. I hate winter...and I can feel the sad, hollow empty feeling inside when I think about it. Sigh. Anyone else get this way in winter and what (other than the wonderful green magic) do you do to help with it?
so i can't really complain now that i live in a state when it's sunny 360 days a year, but when i was in CT it was awful. since i already dealt with depression problems, things always got worse in the winter.. i kind of had that seasonal depression. One thing my friend did was make me go out in the snow (i hate the snow)... there was like 3 ft of snow on the ground. we got snow suits on, smoked a few js and ran around, and damn i had fun... we were running and falling all over the place and if i was stuck in a snow state again, i think that's exactly what i'd do your kids might think you were crazy for this, but if you can't do anything about the weather, you got to enjoy it for what it's worth...

otherwise, i drink lots of tea and try to watch a funny movie. for some reason, tea always helps me feel a little better.
Mama2Rio is offline  
#439 of 509 Old 11-16-2009, 05:39 PM
~D~
 
~D~'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: West Michigan
Posts: 304
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lemon Juice View Post
Just wanted to say hello. Winter is approaching here. I hate winter...and I can feel the sad, hollow empty feeling inside when I think about it. Sigh. Anyone else get this way in winter and what (other than the wonderful green magic) do you do to help with it?
That's a good question, I feel the same way about winter... But I've just always tortured myself with the idea of moving to a warmer climate. I think I've given up on that

~Diana~ Mama to DD 13 blahblah.gif and DS 10 jumpers.gif

~D~ is offline  
#440 of 509 Old 11-16-2009, 05:40 PM
~D~
 
~D~'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: West Michigan
Posts: 304
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by happyhippy View Post
Just wanted to give an update on getting legal. Ive been reluctant to get my license. Part of me really wants to join in the revolution and stand for the shift towards cannabis acceptance. Another part of me is scared that big brother will come after me if a republican government gets back into the white house. Then there is the here and now; the last thing I want is to get in any trouble over mj while I have 2 young children. So, I think I will be getting one but Ill just be procrastinating over it for a while longer.

I have discovered that there are so many interesting features to this law. For example, In order to get and maintain a license I have to see a doctor ($120) and apply for a card ($200). Dispensaries and Caretakers (growers) are willing to pay for all those fees in exchange for being named as caregiver. In addition, many dispensaries run monthly 'specials' for their members that include free mj! They want your business because they are able to grow 6 plants per person they are legally caretakers for. Caretakers also provide incentives. The whole thing is so bizarre to me. Then again, pharmaceutical companies give away tons of free samples too and spend millions on advertising so I need to keep working on my own acceptance of this new way of using cannabis medicine.

The dispensary I am going to use got broken into a few weeks ago. Thousands of $ worth of stuff was stolen. The police wouldnt even go to the store. That, and stories like what mama515/419 described are worrisome.
Hope you get it worked out, mama

~Diana~ Mama to DD 13 blahblah.gif and DS 10 jumpers.gif

~D~ is offline  
#441 of 509 Old 11-16-2009, 07:03 PM
 
jamsmama's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: happy hills of vermont
Posts: 358
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Ok ladies, so what is the BEST vaporizer out there and what website would you HIGHly recommend?
jamsmama is offline  
#442 of 509 Old 11-17-2009, 03:00 PM
 
maciascl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: The Land of Confusion
Posts: 3,568
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lemon Juice View Post
Just wanted to say hello. Winter is approaching here. I hate winter...and I can feel the sad, hollow empty feeling inside when I think about it. Sigh. Anyone else get this way in winter and what (other than the wonderful green magic) do you do to help with it?

I think that is a natural thing since winter is a time of darkness, animals hibernate, plants die etc... But that doesn't make it any easier to deal with.

It doesn't get too cold where I live, but I try to drink lots of hot tea like was already suggested. What about focusing on something that does make you happy? Do you have a hobby or something you have been wanting to try? May be you could knit yourself a nice warm blanket in a bright color to make you smile. (like green )

In general lately I have been having a hard time remembering the many blessings I do have in my life so I am trying to focus on the good things in my life even if it is something really simple like I got to eat pizza last night & didn't have to cook. You could write a daily blessing or somthing you are thankful for in a journal/blog or if you have a friend to partner up with you could email eachother everyday. I did this with a friend for a while & it was nice to not only remind myself of my blessings, but to also see my friends thankful thoughts.

Cheryl, wife to an amazing man, homeschooling SAHM to Gavin 12/03, Rhys 09/06, and Ian Aug 11, 2010.

maciascl is offline  
#443 of 509 Old 11-18-2009, 03:05 PM
 
caspian's mama's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: in my head
Posts: 2,165
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
after 3 years of me smoking again i guess she just couldn't take it anymore. my mom told my ex that she's talking to her therapist about my smoking and that the therapist said she is supposed to report me now. my ex is freaking out because he's never been able to accept either his own smoking or how manipulative my mom is. i don't think she intends malice, she's just extremely ignorant. she has no idea, like i do from 7 years of reading horror stories right here, about what dhs involvement looks like in families' lives or that C could be taken from us both and placed in foster care because his dad's equally culpable. i never, ever though i'd be here typing this perfectly scripted nonsense that i always prayed would never happen to me and my son. hugs and pertinent advice would be greatly appreciated. namaste, mamas. thanks for sharing y'alls experiences and for giving me the strength to be true to myself and my guy.
caspian's mama is offline  
#444 of 509 Old 11-18-2009, 04:30 PM
 
chirp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Southern New Jersey
Posts: 1,362
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by caspian's mama View Post
after 3 years of me smoking again i guess she just couldn't take it anymore. my mom told my ex that she's talking to her therapist about my smoking and that the therapist said she is supposed to report me now. my ex is freaking out because he's never been able to accept either his own smoking or how manipulative my mom is. i don't think she intends malice, she's just extremely ignorant. she has no idea, like i do from 7 years of reading horror stories right here, about what dhs involvement looks like in families' lives or that C could be taken from us both and placed in foster care because his dad's equally culpable. i never, ever though i'd be here typing this perfectly scripted nonsense that i always prayed would never happen to me and my son. hugs and pertinent advice would be greatly appreciated. namaste, mamas. thanks for sharing y'alls experiences and for giving me the strength to be true to myself and my guy.
i guess it goes without saying...but take a hiatus STAT and hide your leftover stash and paraphernalia somewhere where they would need a warrant to be looking. If CPS comes they are going to look for outward signs of abuse. I'm not sure if they can just drug test you on the spot just cause someone says you smoke...even if it is your own mother.

take a few weeks off, consent to a drug test if needed, and get on with your life (without your mother).

that's what i'd do.

I'm so sorry for your situation momma. I'll be hoping and praying that NOTHING comes of this for both you and your daughter's sake.

living light husband wife loving life two sons to birth for our light loving earth. :
chirp is offline  
#445 of 509 Old 11-18-2009, 06:14 PM
 
maciascl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: The Land of Confusion
Posts: 3,568
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by caspian's mama View Post
after 3 years of me smoking again i guess she just couldn't take it anymore. my mom told my ex that she's talking to her therapist about my smoking and that the therapist said she is supposed to report me now. my ex is freaking out because he's never been able to accept either his own smoking or how manipulative my mom is. i don't think she intends malice, she's just extremely ignorant. she has no idea, like i do from 7 years of reading horror stories right here, about what dhs involvement looks like in families' lives or that C could be taken from us both and placed in foster care because his dad's equally culpable. i never, ever though i'd be here typing this perfectly scripted nonsense that i always prayed would never happen to me and my son. hugs and pertinent advice would be greatly appreciated. namaste, mamas. thanks for sharing y'alls experiences and for giving me the strength to be true to myself and my guy.

Sadly I have a friend who is going through this now. Her neighbor called CPS out of spite & for no legit reason. Unfortunatly my friend has delt with CPS before when her 18 yo was little & had to take a test then, so now that they are checking her out again they automatically tested her. She did not have her son taken last time & does not feel like her kids will be taken this time. In fact the 1st time she went though this her case worker even told her that he had people who were testing positive for herion but their kids were not being taken because there were no signs of abuse or neglect. I hope it all works out for you!

Cheryl, wife to an amazing man, homeschooling SAHM to Gavin 12/03, Rhys 09/06, and Ian Aug 11, 2010.

maciascl is offline  
#446 of 509 Old 11-18-2009, 06:33 PM
 
Mama2Rio's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: a valley in the arid land
Posts: 469
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Caspian's mama- eek... i really hope your mom has some common sense about what she could do to your child if she was to call... just out of fear, you may consider laying low for a while and abstain from partaking.... I'm just the paranoid type though.
Mama2Rio is offline  
#447 of 509 Old 11-18-2009, 09:06 PM
 
caspian's mama's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: in my head
Posts: 2,165
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
thanks, dudes

sadly, my mom's pretty much devoid of common sense. she doesn't agree with most of what i do and doesn't understand any of it. she just lucked out that this is illegal. otherwise it would be about me wanting to live in an rv or on a farm or for unschooling. if i can get my ex to calm down enough he will be able to talk some sense into her to impress the full implications of where this could lead because he's worked in group homes for 5 years and knows how f'ed the system is. and even if he can't really open himself up to practice concepts like in Ishmael or anything spiritual, he gets them on a logical level, whereas they're completely foreign to my mom. i just wish he'd see that getting her out of our lives is the best thing, and anyone else in my family inclined to meddle.

caspian's mama is offline  
#448 of 509 Old 11-18-2009, 11:53 PM
~D~
 
~D~'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: West Michigan
Posts: 304
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by caspian's mama View Post
after 3 years of me smoking again i guess she just couldn't take it anymore. my mom told my ex that she's talking to her therapist about my smoking and that the therapist said she is supposed to report me now. my ex is freaking out because he's never been able to accept either his own smoking or how manipulative my mom is. i don't think she intends malice, she's just extremely ignorant. she has no idea, like i do from 7 years of reading horror stories right here, about what dhs involvement looks like in families' lives or that C could be taken from us both and placed in foster care because his dad's equally culpable. i never, ever though i'd be here typing this perfectly scripted nonsense that i always prayed would never happen to me and my son. hugs and pertinent advice would be greatly appreciated. namaste, mamas. thanks for sharing y'alls experiences and for giving me the strength to be true to myself and my guy.
Oh no, I'm so sorry girl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mama2Rio View Post
Caspian's mama- eek... i really hope your mom has some common sense about what she could do to your child if she was to call... just out of fear, you may consider laying low for a while and abstain from partaking.... I'm just the paranoid type though.
I agree with Mama2Rio, it's probably a good idea to chill on the herb for a minute But think of how sweet it will be to again after it all blows over! And this will blow over...

~Diana~ Mama to DD 13 blahblah.gif and DS 10 jumpers.gif

~D~ is offline  
#449 of 509 Old 11-19-2009, 12:56 AM
 
crunchymomof2's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 858
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
subbing

occasional users here. Though I'm not right now as I am pregnant.
crunchymomof2 is offline  
#450 of 509 Old 11-20-2009, 07:15 PM
 
mama516/419's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Ma/Ri line
Posts: 251
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
casp - DH and I had CPS on our case for MJ when DD was born and at the court date they had a lady there waiting for us to fail so she could take DD on the spot - luckily I new far enpugh in advance to be clean - but DH wasnt and the put an order on him where he wasnt allowed alone with her , and neither of us had ever had any prior involvment in the court system . But then a few towns over my cousins Ex told the judge that his coke use wasnt an issue any more and got unsupervized visits with out so much as a test - so it all depends on the judge .

LJ - I hear yha girl ! I tell every one I hibernate in the winter . I cant help it I gather my energy from the sun My biggest suggestion is wash your windows. All that fall pollen creates a skim that makes it more difficult for thouse already weakened rays to shine threw.

Shannon : married to my love Colin Mother to Maggie-Ray(5-06)high needs Rock star and CJ(4-08) Sweet Distruction:Vegitarian BFing BWing CDing Vax reserching Viniger loving Family
mama516/419 is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



User Tag List

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off