Summer MJ/Cannabis Mamas!! - Page 3 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#61 of 509 Old 07-13-2009, 03:07 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Yeah that!

I've been thinking about it in a whole new way. First, I have been thinking, "How little do I need?" I've been consciously cutting my dose way back. Which means I am dealing with the OCD a lot more, but it's okay. I realize that I only need like a teeny tiny amt for medicine, which is a good feeling. I find that it's important to give her time to herself when I am not calling on her so that when she sees me we can share the things we have been through since we last talked.

Also, I've been thinking about it as a pro-active herb that strengthens the mind and spirit. Ever since someone posted about how it helps stroke sufferers regain use of their brain something clicked about how helpful this herb is in modern society.
#62 of 509 Old 07-13-2009, 03:12 PM

tat-not only did I use it during my pregnancy, I used it during labor. We were hanging out chillin like we sometimes do....(or did back then :/ LOL) and that was the night I went into labor. It was an amazing experience - my best birth, and I didnt really know I was in labor because the MJ was working on the pain so well. (Hence my midwife barely made it to the birth. LOL)

#63 of 509 Old 07-13-2009, 11:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kudzuqueen View Post
i'm still a little paranoid about my supply getting lower due to that but i think it is really DD getting older (8 months) and other stresses. we'll see.
It seems to up mine

wife to DH 2/03, mama to DS 3/03 & DD 1/09
#64 of 509 Old 07-14-2009, 12:59 AM

I have found the godsend of all cleaners and I am SOOOOO Happy that I did.... It cut my cleaning time by 30 mins... Like wow I didn't have to spend all night in my bathroom scrubbing my toilet and bathtub like i normally do and I also didn't feel lightheaded from the fumes because there were none. Melalueca is my newest bestfriend.
#65 of 509 Old 07-14-2009, 05:24 PM

So our room is getting ready to be refilled : I love that this plant takes such good use of its soil that we can reuse . we started a compost / worm farm but its missing the worms I have no idea where to buy a pound of worms - my thoughts were the farmers store by my moms house - since they sell all chicken feed and what not but they told me to try a bait shophing if I wanted worms - but I dont know if fishermen use the same kind of worms . I love to have an organic grow:

Shannon : married to my love Colin Mother to Maggie-Ray(5-06)high needs Rock star and CJ(4-08) Sweet Distruction:Vegitarian BFing BWing CDing Vax reserching Viniger loving Family
#66 of 509 Old 07-14-2009, 05:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mama516/419 View Post
So our room is getting ready to be refilled : I love that this plant takes such good use of its soil that we can reuse . we started a compost / worm farm but its missing the worms I have no idea where to buy a pound of worms - my thoughts were the farmers store by my moms house - since they sell all chicken feed and what not but they told me to try a bait shophing if I wanted worms - but I dont know if fishermen use the same kind of worms . I love to have an organic grow:
We have a worm farm here in Tucson that ships everywhere! You might have to wait until the weather cools down, or maybe not.
#67 of 509 Old 07-16-2009, 01:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jojo F. View Post
It seems to up mine
interesting - I keep wondering how the fact that mj relaxes you (which should help supply) conflicts with studies that it lowers prolactin and thus would lower supply (though i think they were all animal studies so who knows, but still). also since the more i read about the more i am convinced that it balances you out so that whatever is too high or too low is improved, i've wondered if that would actually up prolactin in a nursing mom since your body is demanding it. or even if different strains have different effects. interesting stuff!
#68 of 509 Old 07-16-2009, 02:33 PM

jog.gifkid.gif

#69 of 509 Old 07-16-2009, 05:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TatianaTiger View Post
I think I overdid it a few days ago with some edibles. I ate 1/2 of a rice crispy treat. After that I decided to just take a bite of a brownie. That bite turned into eating 1/2 of the brownie because it was so tasty : So, I had two doses. After that I decided to eat a small amount of guacamole and a little ice cream :eyeroll: Being pregnant all of this didn't sit with me and I threw up I'm not sure if it was all the food and my body couldn't handle it or if I had too much herb? Can you throw up from having too much mj?
Being that early in the pregnancy, I would attribute it to a generally fickle stomach (that's a lot of totally different kinds of foods, it would have made me feel icky atleast) but depending on the high you were getting, I would say the MJ could have something to do with it too. If it was making you feel a little dizzy that would probably do it.

Amri- mama to Indica 12.08.06 and Kytan 04.04.10
#70 of 509 Old 07-16-2009, 06:24 PM

:
durning my MJ pregnacy I threw up constintly ( with and with out the aid of MJ ) but eating it made dizzier which resulted in vomiting - again tho most things resulted in vomitting durning that PG . MJ convinced me to eat which is why I endured smoking it. but the light headedness that caused MS was also a result of my blood sugar droping so there was a learning curve I had to deal with on how to do small enough snacks when the munchys hit but not so small my BS dropped I was not a fun PG women

Shannon : married to my love Colin Mother to Maggie-Ray(5-06)high needs Rock star and CJ(4-08) Sweet Distruction:Vegitarian BFing BWing CDing Vax reserching Viniger loving Family
#71 of 509 Old 07-16-2009, 11:31 PM

Just wanted to shout out a hello to all you MJ Mommas out there! It's been forever since I last joined you, probably over a year in fact but I've ocassionally read posts and mostly I've been busy living and working and raising the kids... and of course, enjoying my green therapy.

Unfortunately, I recently moved to another state and although it's lovely where I live, it's also been impossible to find a connection here and I've had to go cold turkey for an unknown amount of time. It sucks!!! No medicine works as well as mj for my anxiety and mild depression and for relaxation and creativity and even sprituality!

But... it's part of the whole legal issues behind this wonderful plant. It's too bad, I happen to now live in FL which is imo very conservative.... I have yet to find a way to obtain it.

Does anyone know what the status for medical mj is here? It seems everyone in South Beach is high all the time but since I don't really hang out or know many people... I feel like years away from enjoying it again...boo hoo!

Ok, enough venting! Nice to read you ladies, most of you for the first time I'm sure.

:::
#72 of 509 Old 07-17-2009, 11:06 AM

Shannon- The Worm Ladies of Charlestown We all miss you and hope to see you soon(((hugs)))

maminatural- hey mama It's good to see you drop in, you'll make good friends soon

wife to DH 2/03, mama to DS 3/03 & DD 1/09
#73 of 509 Old 07-17-2009, 11:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by maminatural View Post
Just wanted to shout out a hello to all you MJ Mommas out there! It's been forever since I last joined you, probably over a year in fact but I've ocassionally read posts and mostly I've been busy living and working and raising the kids... and of course, enjoying my green therapy.

Unfortunately, I recently moved to another state and although it's lovely where I live, it's also been impossible to find a connection here and I've had to go cold turkey for an unknown amount of time. It sucks!!! No medicine works as well as mj for my anxiety and mild depression and for relaxation and creativity and even sprituality!

But... it's part of the whole legal issues behind this wonderful plant. It's too bad, I happen to now live in FL which is imo very conservative.... I have yet to find a way to obtain it.

Does anyone know what the status for medical mj is here? It seems everyone in South Beach is high all the time but since I don't really hang out or know many people... I feel like years away from enjoying it again...boo hoo!

Ok, enough venting! Nice to read you ladies, most of you for the first time I'm sure.
Maminatural, so sorry you are without right now, that sucks .

Transformed, your birth sounds so beautiful, just lovely

jog.gifkid.gif

#74 of 509 Old 07-18-2009, 12:34 AM

Thanks so much JoJo ! She looks like a neat lady indeed. I miss hanging out too hopefuly I ll be back in action soon

Kristen - I think the munchkins are going to come the 21st it sounds like its more casual - the last party was in some brewerys basement and not kid friendly but our email said you can bring desert to share ? Have u heard anyhing ?
ETA - never mind its in a Gay Bar so we are getting a sitter LOL

Great thunderstorms at night recently :

#75 of 509 Old 07-18-2009, 05:58 PM
~D~

Hey everyone!! I've been lost it seems for a couple of months - a long couple of months, I might add =( I was all set to move to Arizona, but the job offer we were counting on for DH fizzled out =( Thank goodness for green : it has helped me through the craziness lately. On the bright side, we rented a pretty nice townhouse style apartment that's in a excellent school district, so it could be worse.... But I am going to be CRANKY this winter :

So I just wanted to drop in & say hey I miss you guys!

~Diana~ Mama to DD 13 blahblah.gif and DS 10 jumpers.gif

#76 of 509 Old 07-18-2009, 06:07 PM
~D~

Oh! By the way, would anyone be willing to share links to info about vaporizers or other means of using mj?? Living in an apartment/townhouse complex has me worried a bit... I'm not used to peole on either side of me, at least no neighbors above or below =) I also don't have much left, and I need to make it last without cutting too far back. I wish I was brave enough to grow a little, I've heard about people growing in a large rubbermaid container or something... Any ideas?? Thnx!!

~Diana~ Mama to DD 13 blahblah.gif and DS 10 jumpers.gif

#77 of 509 Old 07-19-2009, 02:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mama516/419 View Post
:
durning my MJ pregnacy I threw up constintly ( with and with out the aid of MJ ) but eating it made dizzier which resulted in vomiting - again tho most things resulted in vomitting durning that PG . MJ convinced me to eat which is why I endured smoking it. but the light headedness that caused MS was also a result of my blood sugar droping so there was a learning curve I had to deal with on how to do small enough snacks when the munchys hit but not so small my BS dropped I was not a fun PG women

That sounds like such a royal pain in the ass! And miserable. Glad you're through it, mama, hope next time (if there is one planned) is easier.
#78 of 509 Old 07-19-2009, 02:52 AM

Hi mamas! Subbing! I am actually cannabis free at this point in my life but I am a giant supporter! <3 Herbal medicine rocks!
#79 of 509 Old 07-19-2009, 10:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mamatolea View Post
I CAN'T WAIT FOR THE 25TH!!!!
What's on the 25th??

Hey mamas! Hope everyone is well.
Tomorrow my little boy starts kindergarten at public school. Its not my ideal choice, but I think he will do well with the structure. On tuesday I sign my dd up for public preschool, and I just can't wait until august to have some free time during the day for the first time in 6 years!!

Dinahx.. not puffing... uh, um.. OH! Congrats!!!

Mamato lea.. we have some babies bdays coming up soon!!! I still havent planned a thing!

Maminatural.. I too have been gone a long while, but I remember you, sister!!

For those of you who have been following the thread for a few years, I was the one whose dh was arrested for having a car accident with our months' supply in the car.. he is now on probation and doing ok.. still having a hard time finding a job now that he has a felony, but he's thinking of going back to school soon, which I think would be great. He is still a pain in the butt though, and stuggle everyday wondering if I should stay together or not..

I'm dry right now, mostly cuz I'm broke, but to enjoy now and again when I have some extra dough.

Saamy Student mama to  superhero.gifand hearts.gifand babyf.gif

#80 of 509 Old 07-19-2009, 10:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by joyfulgrrrl View Post
That sounds like such a royal pain in the ass! And miserable. Glad you're through it, mama, hope next time (if there is one planned) is easier.
LOL Thank you very much - luckily my last PG with my son was so easy that I didnt know I was PG until just about the 2nd trimester Its just one of the ways they are very very diffrent

#81 of 509 Old 07-20-2009, 03:20 AM

#find marijuana is the #1 trending topic on twitter, and I laughed so hard when I realized why

http://mashable.com/2009/07/19/cannabis/

Read the whole article, though, I think it's a good thing for broc-lovers!
#82 of 509 Old 07-20-2009, 03:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by joyfulgrrrl View Post
#find marijuana is the #1 trending topic on twitter, and I laughed so hard when I realized why

http://mashable.com/2009/07/19/cannabis/

Read the whole article, though, I think it's a good thing for broc-lovers!
Thanks for sharing!! : I posted it to my FB...I don't Tweet b/c I don't know how and don't wanna learn So thanks for the find! Great thing to know...dp is getting his Iphone soon!
#83 of 509 Old 07-20-2009, 09:13 PM

Hey everyone, s: Ive been mia, but um just stressed to the max and I have NO MEDICINE. Im just going to cut and past my other post from UC board here. I dont know how to deal right now. I could call someone for "medicine" but Im just not comfortable using anything other than clean organic high grade esp while pregnant, for the most part Id rather go without but Im loosing my mind. Help!!!!!!!

I have this overwhelming primal urge to "build my nest" and I CAN NOT SATISFY it. Im only oh... 32, 33 w, but its consuming me. I just want to feel ready. Its suddenly apparent, that Im going to have a baby, theres not a lot of time left, and I dont have a nest!!

We're in the middle, well, hopefully end of buying a house, we are supposed to close fri, but our closing date has been moved before. The house needs a certain amount of work, before we can move in. Let me rephrase that. It needs a certain amount of work to make it liveable, and then more work to get it how we want it to move in. DP is determined not to take any time off work , (provider instinct I guess) and work on it from the time he gets back in town from working all day, (Home construction/remodeling) till dark or he cant continue, and then work all weekend sun up till sundown. He thinks it will be ready and we can move in and all will be wonderfull and we can have another baby.

Im so worried and stressed to the max. Ive joked about keeping my birth kit in the car incase I dont know where Ill be when labor hits, or wehre we'll be living at that moment. BUt I REALLY DONT want it to come down to that.

Idealy I'd like to be in and Settled have some what of a routine in the new place before we introduce a new baby to the family dynamic, I think it would be healthier for the kids and I, as well as DP who thrives on routine being on the spectrum and all. Im so worried its all going to happen in a whirlwind. Or what if I just cant let go mentally and come 44 weeks am still pregnant b/c I dont feel confortable with my "nest"???? Fears fears and more fears.

Its apparent that we are going to have to make a giant to do list and but "move into new house" some where on it, then whittle away and figure out how to move that up. So that only the essentials get done, and what can wait can wait, but thats WAYYYY easier said than done.

Im so stressed to the max, I should be admiring my DPs determination to get this all done and instead I freaked out on him today and said a lot of things I didnt mean, because all I can feel is my own fear. I feel insecure in not having a nest or being able to work on my nest, instead of feeling secure in his determination, which greatly insults him. Wow, this could almost go into Parents as Partners. lol.

suggestions welcome. :sob:

Im a broc1.giflovinghippie.giffly-by-nursing2.gifcd.gif  novaxnocirc.gif
#84 of 509 Old 07-20-2009, 09:18 PM

Technology gets stranger and stranger ... In some ways it great in other ways its just well strange - but any step towards reform is a good one. I fwded it to my RIPAC leader

#85 of 509 Old 07-21-2009, 12:07 AM

Sera I know how you feel. I did a few freak outs on dp before our babe arrived each time. The nesting feeling can consume a pregnant woman!

As for the house...you know you have plenty of local friends here who would love to have a work party and help you both out! Once you know for sure, maybe we can all come over and help? I'd be willing to help in any way that I can. And as for the greens...well if we see you on Saturday then you're all set

sending many calm, peaceful vibes for you! May things all work out and fall into place so you can let go and birth that babe when the time is right :
#86 of 509 Old 07-21-2009, 09:18 PM

Sra - Im so sorry your going threw all that . Im a train wreck as soon as boxes enter our apartment until the room we dont use is cleared out . I cant imagine doing it so far along and I m sure your DP understands that stress is running high in your world .

On the other hand I was in the hospital the other day with an " Ovarian Mass that was bled into ( most likely a cyst) and endometrial distrubances " I was in so much pain it was awful and I told the nurse I never take any medications but they loaded me doloton ( 2 doses) that pulmited my BP to 83-50 and I ended up being there most of the day trying to get it back up . Tey sent me home with these pain pills specificly designed to not drop blood pressures . I looked at the side effects and it was like " severly addictive do not take if you have ever suffered from addiction or alcohol abuse.... Can cause sever depression and suicidal thoughs ... has been linked to overdoses and sucicides " I was like yha - no thanks :

#87 of 509 Old 07-21-2009, 11:12 PM

Hi Mamas,

Hope you're all enjoying your summer

jog.gifkid.gif

#88 of 509 Old 07-22-2009, 01:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TatianaTiger View Post
So tell me mamas, were you honest with your care provider about marijuana use during pregnancy?
God, no.
I also bounced around from doctor to doctor, so I never really had a doctor I trusted. In fact, the one who ended up delivering my baby I had only met once before.

Single Mama to Vincent 3/30/09
#89 of 509 Old 07-22-2009, 04:08 PM

Advice from a bioengineer:

Smoking is bad, mmkay?

However, marijuana can be used much more efficiently when you vaporize or eat it. Vaporization heats the materials placed into the vaporizer to the point where they are not burned, but instantly turned into a gaseous form that can be inhaled without the harmful and painful side effects of smoking.

Who should vaporize:
1. Those with lung cancer, as many studies done in other nations in the UN have shown that THC has the capability of reducing lung cancer tumors in HUMAN trials. This has been shown in Brain tumors as well.

2. Those who have asthma or bronchitis because cannabis aids in expelling mucus and opening airways. You will still cough because the microvilli in your lungs and esophagus are being stimulated to expel mucus. This is not the same as smoker's cough which takes a while to develop. You will only cough right after inhalation, not chronically.

3. Those with gastric ailments, and especially those that need an appetite stimulant.

4. Anyone who wants to get baked with the least amount of cannabis possible.

Who Should Eat it:

Since eating it mainly makes you feel sleepy and/or hungry, those who experience insomnia or are undergoing chemo/radiation would really benefit.

There is a pill form of THC called marinol. This may be an alternative to eating food prepared with cannabis.

*****NEVER listen to Government drug propaganda. It was developed in the mid-20th century to target minorities who Henry Kissinger felt needed to be persecuted/legally prosecuted(namely, african-americans and hispanic peoples). LOOK IT UP*****
#90 of 509 Old 07-22-2009, 04:14 PM

Marijuana usage may cause neurogenesis(just look it up) which is wonderful for adults and seniors(especially with alzheimers), but very bad for those under 16-18 because their brains are already creating new cells which are definitely superior to the ones derived from neurogenesis.

BTW- Plants still have chemicals. Every single atomic and molecular combination is a chemical, including water, sugar, etc. The majority of the chemicals that we use are derived from plant and bacterial processes. Natural CERTAINLY doesn't mean safer. Simply consider mushrooms. Many are deadly!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page