Summer MJ/Cannabis Mamas!! - Page 9 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#241 of 509 Old 09-14-2009, 06:23 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buddhamom View Post
Is there any smoke or odor when you vape? My DH is interested in this and I am trying to figure out if he is going to still have to go outside for this? Also, he gets the classic glazed over, red and half shut high eyes, does this still happen when vaping or tinctures?
The odor is not the same with a vape. It's pleasant and light, especially with high quality herbs...it's nothing like smoke, thankfully!

Dp and I were just talking about the red/glazed eyes when we saw BIL and his friend the other day. We realized that when one vapes you look relaxed and calm in the eyes...not all effed up. Plus..you won't smell like anything and be a dead give-away, like when you smoke it.

A vape can be used inside and no smell will linger. I speak to my children about the dangers of smoking cigarettes often (MIL and FIL smoke) and felt awful to smoke MJ and then smell of smoke around my children. I know they can smell it (I can tell easily when dp smokes it) and wonder why. A vape is so much more pure and natural. You'll have no worries using a vape if smell on you or your home is a concern. Heck..we use it in hotel rooms and many other creative places that people are none the wiser...just need a plug and an adapter

Plus..you can use vaped herbs again! Make some tinctures or budder or re-vape it in desperate times (or mix with new to keep your stash going...or use it with hash as needed...). Really...this plant is amazing and using it in a pure form like vaping...keeps the love going and going, and in turn you get the most use out of your blessed plants :
#242 of 509 Old 09-14-2009, 07:37 PM
~D~

Quote:
Originally Posted by happyhippy View Post
Welcome! DH could eat it or use a vaporizer. Maybe someone could pipe in with vape info because i have no experience with one. I am thinking of making a tea with it. There are tinctures too.
I also smoked in HS 20 years ago! It has a totally different effect on me now then back then. Then i would smoke a bunch of it with friends and get silly and hungry and maybe paranoid too. Now i use what i call homeopathic doses and i go from "Mommy Dearest" to "Mary Poppins". (Ok im exaggerating...im not exactly Mommy Dearest but i really do become Mary Poppins)
Im not trying to convince you to use or anything, but just saying that the high you remember as a young person may be different as a mature adult.

I would totally welcome your DH to join in the tribe.

Me too!!

~Diana~ Mama to DD 13 blahblah.gif and DS 10 jumpers.gif

#243 of 509 Old 09-14-2009, 07:54 PM

i have missed this thread all summer!!! How have I not seen it on my new posts...ever!! so much to catch up on, but glad to be back!

Lindsay: DS#1 (06/06) DD#1 (09/07) DS#2 (10/08) DD#2 (06/09). AND A BABY DUE NOVEMBER 2013

#244 of 509 Old 09-14-2009, 08:04 PM

Thanks! We have three floors in our house and even though our middle daughter lives in the basement in her new apt., we still have an office room down there too and that was where I was thinking about having him go. It's just that her BF spends the night there and I didn't want it to be obvious.

Me namaste.gif, DH teapot2.GIFmarried 24 yrs.,DD #1 treehugger.gif(89), DD #2 blahblah.gif(91), DD #3 weadopted.gifafro.jpg(05), and DD #4 baby.gif (6/11/11)

#245 of 509 Old 09-14-2009, 10:23 PM

Seems like things are looking up for lots of us . This weekend is the Boston Freedom Rally . Any one planning on going ? I used to hit it up there when I was younger . Havent gone since gone since we were expecting Maggie but it really is a good time

Shannon : married to my love Colin Mother to Maggie-Ray(5-06)high needs Rock star and CJ(4-08) Sweet Distruction:Vegitarian BFing BWing CDing Vax reserching Viniger loving Family
#246 of 509 Old 09-15-2009, 12:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mama516/419 View Post
Seems like things are looking up for lots of us . This weekend is the Boston Freedom Rally . Any one planning on going ? I used to hit it up there when I was younger . Havent gone since gone since we were expecting Maggie but it really is a good time
Maybe...we'll be in town at BIL's house. Thinking about all the crowds on such a nice day...not sure I'm up for, you know how Boston gets on nice fall like days! How about you and C? Dp used to go back in the day...I haven't gone to anything since HempFest Seattle many, many years ago.
#247 of 509 Old 09-15-2009, 02:14 PM - Thread Starter

Oh.... you guys...... Im a happy girl......

Happy Harvest to me! :

Christine. Unschooling mom to Hollis, Zobey, Zeda, Anna, and Wednesday. We have a lot invested in this whole family thing with marriage kids and a mortgage. You don't just give up on the whole deal when it gets difficult.
#248 of 509 Old 09-15-2009, 06:52 PM

So..Ive had this friend for a few years now. I live in a very..umm..you either are all for the herb or you are super against it...so I am leary about bringing it up - but I finally did...

and the most exciting thing...is now we go for Weekly Wednesday Weed Walks..lol..its fantastic...and its nice to have someone to share it with...

Lindsay: DS#1 (06/06) DD#1 (09/07) DS#2 (10/08) DD#2 (06/09). AND A BABY DUE NOVEMBER 2013

#249 of 509 Old 09-15-2009, 08:07 PM

Hello Mamas!:
I love all of you and love this time of the year.
Blessings to all

Rebecca - Single mom to one perfect DD and one not so perfect dog.
#250 of 509 Old 09-16-2009, 01:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by poiyt View Post
So..Ive had this friend for a few years now. I live in a very..umm..you either are all for the herb or you are super against it...so I am leary about bringing it up - but I finally did...

and the most exciting thing...is now we go for Weekly Wednesday Weed Walks..lol..its fantastic...and its nice to have someone to share it with...
:Awesome!
#251 of 509 Old 09-16-2009, 10:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by azedazobollis View Post
Oh.... you guys...... Im a happy girl......

Happy Harvest to me! :
: And they are sooooo purty, too! Nice job, mama

Quote:
Originally Posted by poiyt View Post

Awesome! Yes, it is much more fun to share it with friends...especially really cool mama friends!
#252 of 509 Old 09-17-2009, 10:41 AM

Hey, are there any Mama's in the Eastern CT area that can share some "green love"? If so please PM me. I know I mentioned my DH had a medical condition, well he is dropping 1 pound a day with malabsorption, diarrhea and constant pain in his abdomen and is down almost 30 pounds and they are still trying to figure out what is going on and he hasn't eaten in a few days due to lack of appetite and I noticed it dropped when his supply ran out and I am concerned because we have no access right now.

Namaste,
Buddhamom

Me namaste.gif, DH teapot2.GIFmarried 24 yrs.,DD #1 treehugger.gif(89), DD #2 blahblah.gif(91), DD #3 weadopted.gifafro.jpg(05), and DD #4 baby.gif (6/11/11)

#253 of 509 Old 09-17-2009, 11:11 AM

so what would you do if you had a 4th grader and knew the DARE talks would be happening soon? im concerned that they will show paraphernalia and my 4th grader will recognize something...and possibly speak up in class.

she has seen specials on medical pot before and thought (on her own) that it was wrong for medical pot to be illegal (We saw a documentary together) but i didnt say, yeah your dad and i smoke pot. i just asked her opinion on what she saw and that was that.

what would you do?

Heavily tattooed and Dready Mama to my girls. YES we are STILL NURSING! love to and
#254 of 509 Old 09-17-2009, 03:29 PM

While we never had anything in the house when our older ones were younger they did see the stuff at head shops that we went to. My middle daughter always thought hookahs were lamps *LOL* It reminds me of that SNL skit where the mother says it's her son's asthma machine Sorry I have no advice as DH is very cautious that our babe never sees it as it is all kept outside of our house and he goes outside when he does it away out of sight.

#255 of 509 Old 09-17-2009, 03:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by inkedmamajama View Post
so what would you do if you had a 4th grader and knew the DARE talks would be happening soon? im concerned that they will show paraphernalia and my 4th grader will recognize something...and possibly speak up in class.

she has seen specials on medical pot before and thought (on her own) that it was wrong for medical pot to be illegal (We saw a documentary together) but i didnt say, yeah your dad and i smoke pot. i just asked her opinion on what she saw and that was that.

what would you do?
we're not there yet, but if you think she'll say something, then maybe its time to come clean. Then she'll know not to say anything.

My SIL has 3 grown kids and used mj. She said in retrospect they always were suspiciuous and when she finally did come clean, they all said "We knew!" and also said they wished she had told them sooner.
Im taking that lesson to mean i should buy a vaporizer and hide it better!

I know someday ill have the talk with my kids because its true and right and ill use the mj is medicine approach. I guess. Like i said im not there. Love to hear some BTDT sories.
#256 of 509 Old 09-17-2009, 04:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chirp View Post
mama5/16

i know what you mean. not sure what state you live in though...but i've known two momma's who have gotten caught (usually because they were in the hospital birthing and on medicare/aid (always forget which one is for $truggling folks). those women almost always get drug tested.

anyway here in new jersey neither one of them was instantly threatened to have their children taken away. they had 1 month to come out clean. and three months to stay clean. 1 momma i know didn't test clean after one month so then they pushed her probationary three month period up to a probationary 6 month period with weekly unscheduled visits to her home, outpatient drug counseling and counseling for her children. i think if you get caught in that 6 month period again...then you're facing jail time and a chance of children being placed in the foster-care system.

i told in-laws this. and i also told them that we were having a homebirth this time around...and that REALLY our biggest threat is if DH gets caught, as he is a teacher and he would lose his job IMMEDIATELY. which means we would lose our house, and everything else we've built for ourselves.
I know I don't come here much. Probably popped in years ago. I just must say that the only people I have heard of having issues with cps soon after birth were because they had hospital births. My midwife, who is Seventh Day Adventist, even said MJ is no big deal and it is good for morning sickness as long as it is not excessive. The only urine tests I ever had were the strips to detect glucose and protein that I did myself at every prenatal. I could have smoked during labor probably and she wouldn't have said a word. I didn't either time because I was scared of a hossy transfer and getting drug tested. I even had ppl try to tell me that even if you have a HB that the midwife has to send the placenta to the hossy for testing. I have not had that experience. My midwife just looked at the placentas to see if they were normal, and threw angel's away and I still have Iris' in my freezer. Crazy stupid mainstream medical community and crap.
I am also going through issues right now because I have constant back pain and every doc says nothing is wrong with me. They say it is from being sedentary usuaully, but I am not at all. I was also told I may be a bit too flexible and it is streeing my muscles. I was just told to take craptons of ibuprofen, grrr. I am going to see a chiropractor as an alternative opinion. Hopefully that will help. If not I am seriously gonna be looking into getting legal MJ because it helps SOOOOO much. Luckily, I live in Washington, and it is supposed to be really easy here. Sometimes I can't sleep because of the pain and I'd rather just smoke than even take ibuprofen. All pharmaceuticals are really starting to scare me the more I know. Sorry for the rant...Peace mamas

Student and aspiring midwife mama to Angel: and Iris. Expecting a new sometime near Halloween! I am a all the way!!!!!
#257 of 509 Old 09-18-2009, 03:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by inkedmamajama View Post

what would you do?
My sister has a book called "it's just a plant" by susan weed. I think it tells a good story for kids in this situation.

Wife to my LOVE Dave, Mama to Milo 8/16/07 and soon to be Mama to Sully EDD May 25th 2010
#258 of 509 Old 09-18-2009, 03:33 PM

Oh, And hi everyone. I haven't been around here in a long time, but I'm back and hopefully welcome

Wife to my LOVE Dave, Mama to Milo 8/16/07 and soon to be Mama to Sully EDD May 25th 2010
#259 of 509 Old 09-18-2009, 10:55 PM

I read all your posts and perhaps I'm just a little too ADD to get myself to make specific comments on your posts, or maybe I'm way too relaxed and mellow and lazy right now... but please know that I am so loving reading you all!!

I went into a dark tunnel emotionally last week as a result of having nearly zero meds and getting my monthly dot and being sick with a 24 hr flu, and maybe the fact that it was a Pisces moon in Virgo or that Mercury was in Retrograde... a combination of all these I'm sure... but I'm out and the Sun's still shining!

I'm living in a new city, new neighborhood, new State and still don't have many friends and although it's beautiful here I've also had to come to accept that I'm the hippy of the neighborhood although I'm probably pretty mainstream in most other places. I don't mind it much but maybe I just need to socialize more, the challenge is finding other couples and families who partake and understand this vibe.

I sure wish I was closer to you mommas, but at the same rate I totally appreciate being able to get to know you all virtually!!!

PEACE and LOVE!

:::
#260 of 509 Old 09-19-2009, 09:09 AM - Thread Starter

Tinctures are in the making, tea is yummy, drying is happening, life is good.....

Christine. Unschooling mom to Hollis, Zobey, Zeda, Anna, and Wednesday. We have a lot invested in this whole family thing with marriage kids and a mortgage. You don't just give up on the whole deal when it gets difficult.
#261 of 509 Old 09-20-2009, 07:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by azedazobollis View Post
Tinctures are in the making, tea is yummy, drying is happening, life is good.....

OOOhhhhhhh How exciting!
Would you mind telling me more about your teas? I would like to use some, but am unsure of the effects and how much to drink, etc.
#262 of 509 Old 09-20-2009, 09:18 PM

Does anyone know how smoking weed affects breastfeeding? My son is 4 weeks old and I'm breastfeeding him. Today I pulled out the pot for the first time since he was born and thinking nothing of it, got my buzz on. I just breastfed him and he seems really happy and relaxed. I'm just wondering if that could be the effect of the weed and not so much a good mood on his part (those are rare!)? Anyone who knows if THC is excreted in breastmilk and in what kind of time frame, please let me know! Thanks!

Kaiti, in heartbeat.gif with Shane, astrological mama to spitdrink.gif Sophie *12.27.05*, praying.gif Maya *09.25.07*, sleepytime.gif Phoenix *08.23.09* & 3rdtri.gif due *12.04.11*  Having a hbac.gif waterbirth.jpg lotbirth.gif after 3 cesareans!

#263 of 509 Old 09-20-2009, 09:30 PM

thanks everyone for the advice-i think we are going to talk to her this week, I will let you all know how it goes.

(i will say that what im most nervous about is explaining to her that its ok for us(her parents) to do it, but that she shouldnt tell anyone about it because of the laws and the risks of the police/cps taking the kids away/etc...how do you explain that?)

Heavily tattooed and Dready Mama to my girls. YES we are STILL NURSING! love to and
#264 of 509 Old 09-21-2009, 04:11 AM
~D~

Hi everyone... Seems like mostly everyone is doing well, I'm glad to see that you all are enjoying harvest time :

I've been relegated to my p/c doing homework, like 5 hrs a day, so not much time at all for posting - unless I wanna be up at 3 am =) But I missed you guys so I thought I'd catch up real quick before I take a nap before the LO's get up... Religion class is kicking my a$$, like 2 religions every week to study
I am not dumb by any means but come on... I can barely keep up

Anyway, I'm gonna make green dragon with my share of the harvest, so I'm looking at different methods... Anyone have a favorite? I saw the youtube video that a PP shared a link to... but Everclear & heat?? Seems to work faster, but dangerous, no?? I love to smoke, but it can be inconvenient and very conspicuous....

Ok, mamas,I REALLY need a nap, kids get up for school in 3 hrs. LOVE YOU GUYS!!! Happy harvest!!! :

~Diana~ Mama to DD 13 blahblah.gif and DS 10 jumpers.gif

#265 of 509 Old 09-21-2009, 11:11 AM

Hi all,
I've been posting on the TTC boards for a while under a different name (sorry, I'm paranoid, and my husband works in the public sphere so I need to be wary of google!). I just wanted to introduce myself and say, it is such a relief to find this thread. I've been a smoker for years, since I was 18. Usually a few times a week, occasionally daily, now it's down to once or twice a week on average. At any rate, MJ is my savior. I have anxiety problems and I love nothing more than to smoke up and go walk or bike for hours, or if I"m really motivated, clean my house. Over the years I have hit points where i thought I was smoking too much and dialed it back or swore I'd take a break entirely. My husband and I are TTC our first and I really cut back starting this summer, which hasn't been difficult but reassures me that I can cut back if I need to. Long story short, I'm finally at a point where I think I can embrace that smoking pot is just part of who I am, it's not wrong or dangerous, and it's a healthy and beautiful part of me. My mom smoked when she had me and now we smoke together; it's a bonding thing for us.

All this leads me to saying, when we started TTC, I got so freaked out when I read all the stuff about the impact MJ has on fertility. I sensed it was mostly scare tactics, and it is SUCH a relief to find this open, supportive thread. Obviously, many of you conceived while being habitual smokers, and I"m not going to be hard on myself if I want to smoke a bowl on my day off.

Anyway, thanks for hearing me out.
#266 of 509 Old 09-21-2009, 11:24 AM

Another question--I'm not pregnant yet, and who knows, it may take awhile--but I'm thinking ahead! I have a good, reliable supplier right now but I'm nervous about asking him once word is out that I'm pregnant. I don't want to be judged, or give anyone any kind of leverage over me. Was this a concern for any of you? What did you do, just stock up in advance?
#267 of 509 Old 09-21-2009, 09:03 PM

Very sad to say that we just took about a month off because of a job interview I had that was going to require a test if I got hired. I didn't get the job so we smoked/vaped a few times & now have decided that it is best to stop again. A job DH applied for yesterday even said they do hair drug tests!!!

How messed up is it that in the most stressful time of our lives we aren't able to do the best thing to help us relax & cope? DH may have even lost his unemployment because he started an online training school. So we have NO money, I am living a complete nightmare right now & I can't even use a little green med help to cope with it all.

Cheryl, wife to an amazing man, homeschooling SAHM to Gavin 12/03, Rhys 09/06, and Ian Aug 11, 2010.

#268 of 509 Old 09-21-2009, 11:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by maciascl View Post
Very sad to say that we just took about a month off because of a job interview I had that was going to require a test if I got hired. I didn't get the job so we smoked/vaped a few times & now have decided that it is best to stop again. A job DH applied for yesterday even said they do hair drug tests!!!

How messed up is it that in the most stressful time of our lives we aren't able to do the best thing to help us relax & cope? DH may have even lost his unemployment because he started an online training school. So we have NO money, I am living a complete nightmare right now & I can't even use a little green med help to cope with it all.
It is SO messed up! This anti mj culture is rediculous!
Hope you and DH get some good jobs soon with relaxation to follow.
#269 of 509 Old 09-22-2009, 10:24 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~D~ View Post
Hi everyone... Seems like mostly everyone is doing well, I'm glad to see that you all are enjoying harvest time :

I've been relegated to my p/c doing homework, like 5 hrs a day, so not much time at all for posting - unless I wanna be up at 3 am =) But I missed you guys so I thought I'd catch up real quick before I take a nap before the LO's get up... Religion class is kicking my a$$, like 2 religions every week to study
I am not dumb by any means but come on... I can barely keep up

Anyway, I'm gonna make green dragon with my share of the harvest, so I'm looking at different methods... Anyone have a favorite? I saw the youtube video that a PP shared a link to... but Everclear & heat?? Seems to work faster, but dangerous, no?? I love to smoke, but it can be inconvenient and very conspicuous....

Ok, mamas,I REALLY need a nap, kids get up for school in 3 hrs. LOVE YOU GUYS!!! Happy harvest!!! :
Im making mine now. Im on day 6 of soaking- just baked a few more buds and added it. Oh... the house smells good while the children sleep..... Ill let you know how it works out. I used everclear. I read several threads discussing how to do it. They are all similar.

#270 of 509 Old 09-23-2009, 02:59 AM

Unlurking for a sec to ask, regarding bf-ing and gentle mj use...

How much do you smoke and how often? How do you feel without it versus how you feel with it and do you think it affects your relationship with your lo's?

(joy) at Festive season coming! Pumpkin spice coffee and chocolate croissants!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page