Kind mamas? Jam band/deadheads/fest folk come together! - Page 5 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#121 of 150 Old 03-28-2011, 07:54 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Heck, yeah, I would go to All Good by myself, if I was free and someone was watching the kiddos! After all, it's a festival! -  not like heading out to a remote wilderness and camping all by yourself.

#122 of 150 Old 04-13-2011, 02:04 PM

Location: In the garden of dreams***Tellin myself it's not as hard as it seems***

Hey Mamas!

I am so happy to have stumbled upon this thread today! Read through it all and am feeling fairly confident that I could make it to a few festies this summer w my 7 mo Ryder. I am almost certain about Telluride Bluegrass which I am currently tryin to manifest, and bought tickets for an herbal festival in the Cascadia Wildlands because I am studying to be an herbalist. I also was thinking about goin to Rainbow Gathering because I will need to be in the PNW anyway. Any of you have some tips for making long road trips w babes? I'm not worried about bein at the fests much, but am super wary of the long car trip. I'm thinkin we're just gonna have to take like a week to get anywhere out west as I am in MN currently. Any suggestions? I would be GRATEFUL!

I luckily make it to quite a few shows even though I have such a youngin'. I am way Grateful to my ma for helpin w/ my lil lovey when I need a break. Bein a single mom I need to get out and shakedown every now and then! Hopin to connect w/ some of you ladies!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenP View Post

Heck, yeah, I would go to All Good by myself, if I was free and someone was watching the kiddos! After all, it's a festival! -  not like heading out to a remote wilderness and camping all by yourself.

I would definitely do All Good by myself...then again I would head out to the remote wilderness and camp by myself as well! haha!treehugger.gif

Much love and many blessings!

-Jessjoy.gif

#123 of 150 Old 04-15-2011, 11:49 AM

You bet I would go by myself!  You never know who you might meet!

Anyone headed to the Barter Faire this year (WA)?

Where is everyone planning to go this summer?  Looking for new inspiration!

'09   
#124 of 150 Old 04-22-2011, 09:50 AM

I'd like to jump in here! I wasn't into jam bands and festivals at all until I met my husband, who was (and is) all about it! My first show was Panic back in 2005 when I was 7 months pregnant with my first, and I haven't looked back!

We are hoping to go to Telluride this year, and Wakarusa (it's super close) and we'll probably go see Dave's festival in Chicago (not really a jam band thing, but still fun).

Emily ~ SAHM to E (6), E (4), and M (3). Happily homeschooling and planning a homestead.

#125 of 150 Old 04-27-2011, 08:29 PM

Hi, Mamas!

I want to go to the Rainbow Gathering this year.  I see it will be in WA, which is up the way from me.  But, I don't know how to find information about it.  I know it's in July, so I have a few months, but I need to keep it on my mind and prepare for it now so that I can make it in July. 

Is there a good site to keep track of the Gathering progress, location, etc? 

Also...if there's anyone in the bay area going up, can we get to know each other and maybe a car-free mama and toddler (me and mine) could ride up with you? 

I don't know any Family, that I know of.  I want to get to "know" folks before I go up, but the online stuff I'm finding isn't helping. 

Yes, yes.  I'm fabulous. loveeyes.gif  Moving on...

#126 of 150 Old 05-25-2011, 01:05 PM

So who's going to see Furthur this summer?

Mom to K and R

#127 of 150 Old 06-14-2011, 09:45 PM

I don't even know who Further is. redface.gif

Is there seriously no one from MDC going to the Rainbow Gathering?  I would have thought this thread is where the fam with fam would be.

Yes, yes.  I'm fabulous. loveeyes.gif  Moving on...

#128 of 150 Old 06-26-2011, 09:29 PM

Did anyone go to HIgh Sierra Music Fest this year?  A great family friendly festival with lots of different music :)

#129 of 150 Old 06-27-2011, 07:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by princesstutu View Post

I don't even know who Further is. redface.gif

Is there seriously no one from MDC going to the Rainbow Gathering?  I would have thought this thread is where the fam with fam would be.

Go to Further if you can it's soo much more headdy than a rainbow gathering! I'm not going to see Further this year and haven't been for a few...

be good family...

#130 of 150 Old 06-27-2011, 07:26 PM

Sweet, I didn't know this tribe was here. I was just suggesting something like this on the BM tribe! I am dreaming of going to Oregon Country Fair this year but there is no way I can afford it. Be kind

be good family...

#131 of 150 Old 07-05-2011, 05:49 PM

Hey mamas! 

DH and I are going to see Further at the end of July. They are coming to this little podunk town next to my little podunk town in SC! 

DH is a huge Panic fan (I'm not crazy about them but enjoy a few songs). My first show was last year when I was 3 month pg. All I wanted to hear was Tall Boy and it was looking like they weren't going to play it. I was tired by the end of night so I was sitting down. And they encored with Tall Boy. lol

We've got some good bluegrass festivals around here (I live in SC so we go to NC a lot). 

My favorite band right now is Acoustic Syndicate. LOVE.

#132 of 150 Old 08-02-2011, 05:40 PM

Further was so great. I danced my booty off-couldn't walk the next day. I wish it wasn't so frackin hot down here, the kiddos would have had a blast!

#133 of 150 Old 08-05-2011, 06:15 AM

How was Sunshine?  I've been wanting to see the newest Furthur all summer.  I was able to send DH to All Good.  (I surprised him with tix and a ride! :) )  But, nothing but local bluegrass and an amazing Dead cover band called Born Cross-Eyed so far for me this summer.

We do have our local festie, Terrapin Hill, coming up in the foothills of KY.  We're bringing DS(4).  Hopefully it's cooled off a little by then!  We brought him to a grip of shows and festies when he was younger, but it's been a while.  Can't wait!  I've been working on crocheting some tails for the family! I love dancing to bluegrass while shaking my tail!  So fun!

#134 of 150 Old 08-05-2011, 07:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by omMommaom View Post

How was Sunshine?  I've been wanting to see the newest Furthur all summer.  I was able to send DH to All Good.  (I surprised him with tix and a ride! :) )  But, nothing but local bluegrass and an amazing Dead cover band called Born Cross-Eyed so far for me this summer.

We do have our local festie, Terrapin Hill, coming up in the foothills of KY.  We're bringing DS(4).  Hopefully it's cooled off a little by then!  We brought him to a grip of shows and festies when he was younger, but it's been a while.  Can't wait!  I've been working on crocheting some tails for the family! I love dancing to bluegrass while shaking my tail!  So fun!

Oooh, did you say "tails," Mama? Are you a furry? I've been looking to meet other furry mamas!

We are finally going to get to a bluegrass festival in late August, the Hickory Festival in Northeast PA. We haven't been to a festival since 2009. We're going to go up five days before the festival starts, and just camp and enjoy being in the mountains. Grass Stained Genes and Well Strung are playing, among others. It should be real nice!

#135 of 150 Old 08-11-2011, 02:42 PM

hmmm....headscratch.gif...maybe I am?!  Don't know.  Really, just a bunch of holmies and I have liked dancing with tails for many years.  Is there a name for my kid of freakiness?!@  Cool!

So, anyone doing Panic tour!?bouncy.gif

#136 of 150 Old 08-11-2011, 03:01 PM

Quote:

hmmm....headscratch.gif...maybe I am?!  Don't know.  Really, just a bunch of holmies and I have liked dancing with tails for many years.  Is there a name for my kid of freakiness?!@  Cool!

Maybe... it's up to you, really (if you want to use the term or not)! "Furries" run the gamut from people (very few!) who think they actually are an animal trapped in human form, to people who just think it's fun to draw cartoon animals, to people who like to wear tails and ears when they go out, or people who like to wear full mascot-style animal costumes, and anything in between! Me, I just have a love of costuming, and I love the playfulness and whimsy of the other people I meet at Furry events. (just for fun I changed my avatar to a picture of me wearing a dragon tail smile.gif

....and back on topic! - our family is going to the Hickory Festival (small bluegrass festival in NE PA) next weekend. Nothing large-scale for us this year.

#137 of 150 Old 08-14-2011, 05:21 AM

Quote:

So, anyone doing Panic tour!?bouncy.gif

We're going to see them for NYE in Charlotte since it's only an hour from the house...you know they're going on hiatus next year??

#138 of 150 Old 08-25-2011, 04:09 PM
Administrator

Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Quoted: 86 Post(s)

Hi everyone! 

We have a new feature that allows forum members to create "clubs" of their own that have many of the same benefits of a forum, including multiple threads, a member's list, and group messaging. All tribes are invited to switch from the one-long-thread here in FYT to the new Social Groups. You can read more about it hereLet me know if you have any questions but please post to that thread so I can keep everything in one place. smile.gif

#139 of 150 Old 09-02-2011, 07:38 PM

Yes!  I am going to the Brooklyn, NY show on 9/17.  Anyone else? Rainbow.gif

#140 of 150 Old 04-30-2012, 03:13 PM

Bump! What tours and festies are you beautiful mamas hitting up this year?

I'm in the process of unjobbing/WHAMING whatever I can to save up for a bus which I hope to get in late June. Then I hope to hit a tour over the rest of the summer and a couple of festivals too. I hope to set up a decent kitchen in my bus and sell vegan food and bus-brewed Kombucha on shakedown to make ends meet over the summer. It would be awesome to run into some MDC mamas!

be good family...

#141 of 150 Old 05-06-2012, 03:48 PM

My kids and I are road-tripping up to Hornings Hideout in OR for String Cheese in July...so stoked!!  A good girlfriend of mine and her son are going with us up there and then they will fly home from PDX and we'll head back south through Oregon and CA on our way home.  My kids have been to Hornings before, but not for SCI, so I'm really excited for them to experience the magic!  That may be our only out-of-state festival this summer.  We live in Colorado, so there's a lot going on here.  We'll do Nedfest in August, but don't have any other specific plans.  Anyone else going to Hornings with their kids??

Single mama to DD 10/18/03 and DS 9/15/05 

#142 of 150 Old 05-09-2012, 12:50 PM

Our family is heading to the Subdued Stringband Jamboree in Deming, WA... just outside Bellingham in August.  Looking in to a few in BC and plan to hit the Barter Faire in October.

'09   
#143 of 150 Old 05-28-2012, 08:06 AM

Bump for summer 2012 festivals and tours!

be good family...

#144 of 150 Old 06-02-2012, 08:33 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

We are going to the Oregon Country Fair in July so far. Very happy about this, have wanted to go for awhile and this summer its happening with our 8 month old (he will be 9 1/2 months then)!!! 

Lots of camping trips planned, and as many of the local music festivals too! 

I just love being a mama to my son born 9/22/2011 and expecting baby early December 2014 joy.gif

cd.gif homebirth.jpg​ familybed1.gif  bfolderchild.gif 

#145 of 150 Old 03-27-2013, 10:31 PM

Are any mamas or mamas to be attending any Phish shows this summer? I had a little luck in the lottery and have two tickets to Holmdel...

#146 of 150 Old 05-26-2013, 07:41 AM

Looking for other families going to the Falcon Ridge Folk Festival in August. Our little tribe is going and consist of me, hubby and our 8yr. old and 2 yr. old daughters.

Namaste!

Me namaste.gif, DH teapot2.GIFmarried 24 yrs.,DD #1 treehugger.gif(89), DD #2 blahblah.gif(91), DD #3 weadopted.gifafro.jpg(05), and DD #4 baby.gif (6/11/11)

#147 of 150 Old 06-04-2013, 12:46 PM

Where is a good place online to find out about festivals? How do y'all find out about shows if its not online... word of mouth? I'm kind of isolated in a conservative small town and not on Facebook.

Darla dishes.gif Jimguitar.gif Wrenflower.gif Papahat.gif Grandma dog2.gifNana Anne jumpers.gif & the Great Cosmic Mimi om.gif
3 houses - 2 blocks in the old neighborhood = 1 eclectic/traditional tribe!
#148 of 150 Old 06-04-2013, 03:56 PM

I use jambase.

Single mama to DD 10/18/03 and DS 9/15/05 

#149 of 150 Old 01-27-2014, 07:36 AM

Hello and :rainbow :) :stillheart

angel.gif (1/13) angel.gif (2/14)
#150 of 150 Old 06-02-2014, 07:58 AM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Hi Mamas,
Just wanted to so hi to everyone
Yes its festival season again! What ones are you all plan on going to?
I'm in California, so hope to check out some of the ones here, its hard with husbands work (carpenter) to know when he will have time off... So we are last min goers. I am so hoping that he has some time off in July so we can go to the Rainbow gathering this summer, its been way too long. There are quite a few local mini ones happening too I'm for sure checking out.
Hugs!

I just love being a mama to my son born 9/22/2011 and expecting baby early December 2014 joy.gif

cd.gif homebirth.jpg​ familybed1.gif  bfolderchild.gif 

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page