Not Mamas Yet Tribe Winter/Spring 2010 - Page 3 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#61 of 254 Old 02-13-2010, 12:16 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by KaylaBeanie View Post
I'm not TTC obviously, but it is frustrating to have messed up my body like that.
So with you on this Kay! But the biggest frustration (Kayla already knows this, but for everyone else) is my hair problem! Ever since I went on/off BC my hair has been all sorts of messed up! I used to have thick, long, wavy wonderful hair!!! Then as soon as I went off the BC, all of that was gone. I started losing hair rapidly, it had no volume, no texture, and was extremely thin. My gosh, it was so horribly frustrating because I had no idea what was going on! It wasn't until I talked to Kayla and my mom about it that I even realized it was the BC that was the biggest culprit! I haven't been on it for way over a year and it just now slowly improving. I still have no wave or volume, but it's at least thickening up a bit. Still, stupid BC messing up my hormones!

~Lisha
L.☮.♥.E.
#62 of 254 Old 02-16-2010, 11:13 AM - Thread Starter

Not momma yet, but momma to a ton of furry, scaly, slimy and feathery critters. whale.gifribbongreen.gif
#63 of 254 Old 02-17-2010, 10:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by oiseau View Post
I had the most vivid dream last night of giving birth to my first child. I've had dreams about being pregnant before, but never a dream about giving birth. It was pretty incredible (and almost pain free). The baby was a girl with big bright eyes. The dream started getting weird after she was born (at home, but not at any home I really recognized) because there were a ton of people there and I was apparently the only one with any idea what was going on....and the midwife couldn't get there in time. It was just a really strange dream and it's really sticking with me.

One of the bloggers I read writes a lot about all the dreams she had about her kids/births before she had them and how accurate they turned out, so now I'm just wondering if I just met my daughter in my dream....and I'm really hoping that pain-free easy birth is for real!
Wow! I have had a very similar dream! I had it a few months ago and it was very vivid. I was at a party-- possibly at my house, but it wasn't the house I live in now-- and I was pregnant and I was in the bathroom and I just had the baby. It didn't hurt and I caught her myself and she was just the most beautiful child EVER. She looked at me with her big eyes and I was in love. But...then the dream got a little weird because I left the bathroom and all these people were congratulating me and someone else told my DP before I could get to him and he was mad at me for not telling him, so he could be there. Hmm. Anyways-- I hope, too, hope the beautiful girl/ pain free birth dream is some kind of premonition! Wouldn't that be nice.

Married to my sweetie and enjoying life with our fabulous dog.  Expecting #1 in August 2012!!!!

#64 of 254 Old 02-17-2010, 12:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lakeruby View Post
Wow! I have had a very similar dream! I had it a few months ago and it was very vivid. I was at a party-- possibly at my house, but it wasn't the house I live in now-- and I was pregnant and I was in the bathroom and I just had the baby. It didn't hurt and I caught her myself and she was just the most beautiful child EVER. She looked at me with her big eyes and I was in love. But...then the dream got a little weird because I left the bathroom and all these people were congratulating me and someone else told my DP before I could get to him and he was mad at me for not telling him, so he could be there. Hmm. Anyways-- I hope, too, hope the beautiful girl/ pain free birth dream is some kind of premonition! Wouldn't that be nice.
and

Quote:
I had the most vivid dream last night of giving birth to my first child. I've had dreams about being pregnant before, but never a dream about giving birth. It was pretty incredible (and almost pain free). The baby was a girl with big bright eyes. The dream started getting weird after she was born (at home, but not at any home I really recognized) because there were a ton of people there and I was apparently the only one with any idea what was going on....and the midwife couldn't get there in time. It was just a really strange dream and it's really sticking with me.

One of the bloggers I read writes a lot about all the dreams she had about her kids/births before she had them and how accurate they turned out, so now I'm just wondering if I just met my daughter in my dream....and I'm really hoping that pain-free easy birth is for real!

On a semi-related note, yesterday, I had to go to the hospital for some bloodwork because my blood counts were all messed up from my chemo. The part of the hospital I go to has all the physicians offices and I swear there must be like 10 different OB offices. The parking garage is a nightmare and I'm always annoyed because half the spaces are reserved for expectant mothers and the other half for orthopedic patients. I don't begrudge the expectant mothers and orthopedic patients their spots, but it's frustrating to have to circle forever to find a far away spot when I'm all worn down from chemo. Well, yesterday, after my 2nd circle of the garage, one of the parking attendants just waved me into one of the expectant mother spots. I was so worn out I just went with it, but I'm mildly amused....apparently any female in their mid 20's in that garage is just assumed to be an expectant mother! I'd say I can't wait until I can legitimately park in that spot, but then, I hopefully won't be seeing an OB at a hospital when it's my time to be pregnant!
Wow! Well I definitely hope both of your birth experiences are pain free like your dreams! That is so crazy how vivid and detailed both of your dreams were though. And oiseau, hopefully you will be at your house and not have to worry about parking spots or anything when you're about to have the baby.

~Lisha
L.☮.♥.E.
#65 of 254 Old 02-17-2010, 12:46 PM

Hi Folks!

Can I join this tribe? I found the wanting but waiting tribe a couple months ago, but this one sounds like it may serve my needs better right now. I haven't read all the post so far--I just wanted to introduce myself.

I have been wanting to be a mama since I was 3 years old. Seriously--my ambition at that age was to be a lighthouse keeper (where did I get that?) with 11 children. I've been a nanny and a baby sitter and a postpartum doula, while longing for children of my own for years.

Now my DH and I are starting to seriously talk about a timeline for TTC and I'm getting scared of all the big changes having a baby will make in my life. It's like now that it's finally in my face I have to face the reality, whereas before it was just a "someday" dream. Anyone else close to starting to TTC have similar thoughts/feelings?

At the moment, we are looking at starting to TTC no earlier than mid April. It was going to be March, but I just had surgery (unplanned) under an anesthetic that is known to be a terretogen and I want to give it at least two months to be fully out of my system. (I had to have my wisdom teeth out--not fun. )

We also need to get our new apartment fully unpacked. I do not want to me 8 mo preg, much less caring for an infant, in a home full of boxes!

Ru , wife to DH . Astin (4/26/10) & Ember (5/19/10).
I have lost my dreams--Dar Williams
#66 of 254 Old 02-17-2010, 01:01 PM

i had a dream that I gave birth to a litter of kittens last night. o_O Not baby-sized. I mean KITTENS, the same way I've seen dozens of real kittens born. But I was still me and reacted to labor like a human.

weird.

Kris violin.gif: in love with J shine.gif, "auntie" to W (6yrs) sleepytime.gif  and Z (4yrs) blowkiss.gif and "mommy" to Katie goldfish.gif

→Waiting to start our own little family after college and marriage←

Back to school May 2013!

Someday it will be my turn: h20homebirth.giffemalesling.GIFnak.gifnocirc.gifcd.gif

#67 of 254 Old 02-17-2010, 03:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mother Cake View Post
Hi Folks!

Can I join this tribe? I found the wanting but waiting tribe a couple months ago, but this one sounds like it may serve my needs better right now. I haven't read all the post so far--I just wanted to introduce myself.

I have been wanting to be a mama since I was 3 years old. Seriously--my ambition at that age was to be a lighthouse keeper (where did I get that?) with 11 children. I've been a nanny and a baby sitter and a postpartum doula, while longing for children of my own for years.

Now my DH and I are starting to seriously talk about a timeline for TTC and I'm getting scared of all the big changes having a baby will make in my life. It's like now that it's finally in my face I have to face the reality, whereas before it was just a "someday" dream. Anyone else close to starting to TTC have similar thoughts/feelings?

At the moment, we are looking at starting to TTC no earlier than mid April. It was going to be March, but I just had surgery (unplanned) under an anesthetic that is known to be a terretogen and I want to give it at least two months to be fully out of my system. (I had to have my wisdom teeth out--not fun. )

We also need to get our new apartment fully unpacked. I do not want to me 8 mo preg, much less caring for an infant, in a home full of boxes!
Woohoo! Welcome to the thread, Mother Cake.
Haha, a lighthouse keeper, huh? That's wonderful! That is definitely the most creative life goal I've heard of. Are you anything close to that for your career now? Definitely would not be fun trying to unpack an apartment being 8mo pregnant either, so good idea on that part.

~Lisha
L.☮.♥.E.
#68 of 254 Old 02-17-2010, 03:20 PM

Quote:
Hi Folks!

Haha, a lighthouse keeper, huh? That's wonderful! That is definitely the most creative life goal I've heard of. Are you anything close to that for your career now? Definitely would not be fun trying to unpack an apartment being 8mo pregnant either, so good idea on that part.

~Lisha
L.☮.♥.E.
#69 of 254 Old 02-17-2010, 03:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sleepingbeauty View Post
i had a dream that I gave birth to a litter of kittens last night. o_O Not baby-sized. I mean KITTENS, the same way I've seen dozens of real kittens born. But I was still me and reacted to labor like a human.

weird.
Kittens! You gave birth to them?! Crazy! Ha, how did you feel when you woke up?!

~Lisha
L.☮.♥.E.
#70 of 254 Old 02-17-2010, 07:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gfreelishy View Post
Thanks for the welcome!

I'm not a lighthouse keeper, and don't really have that particular ambition any more. The more consistent "career goal" in my life has been the motherhood part--and I am *hopefully* very close to accomplishing that!

#71 of 254 Old 02-17-2010, 07:58 PM

Quote:
Thanks for the welcome!

I'm not a lighthouse keeper, and don't really have that particular ambition any more. The more consistent "career goal" in my life has been the motherhood part--and I am *hopefully* very close to accomplishing that!
Awesome. That's probably the more exciting career anyhow.

~Lisha
L.☮.♥.E.
#72 of 254 Old 02-17-2010, 08:07 PM

Quote:
Awesome. That's probably the more exciting career anyhow.
Thanks! I think it is the right choice for me, but I also have a lot of respect for women who juggle motherhood and another career as well.

#73 of 254 Old 02-17-2010, 08:55 PM - Thread Starter

Not momma yet, but momma to a ton of furry, scaly, slimy and feathery critters. whale.gifribbongreen.gif
#74 of 254 Old 02-17-2010, 08:58 PM

Quote:
lol at the kitten dream. I feel like I've had a dream like that before. I've always been a really vivid dreamer, but add in the anti-depressants I've been on for several years, plus chemo and I never know what'll happen in my sleep. The dream i mentioned upthread was really only the second vivid/realistic parenting related dream I've had. The other involved being given a drug addicted baby and having to take care of it. Whatever drug it was born addicted to made it lay perfectly still with this really intense gaze that was sorta creepy. My fiance and I had to hunt down some wiseman/healer who lived in a giant garbage dump to find something to help the baby....it was really strange. That dream was years ago and I'm still somewhat haunted by the drug baby's gaze/eyes and the intense feeling I had about having to protect it and do whatever possibly to take care of and heal him/her.

I also used to want to be a lighthouse-keeper. I think it may have had something to do with the movie Pete's Dragon. It'd be a cool job, but I bet most lighthouses are digitially operated now.... I bet lighthouse keeper would be a good job to mix with SAHmotherhood!
OMG!!! That baby with the gaze sounds horribly creepy!!!!!! Gahh!! I would definitely be haunted by that. *shivers* There's totally gotta be some meaning behind that, but still. If I saw/ woke up to a baby doing that I would be scared. Haha.

And whoah! That's hilarious you wanted to be a lighthouse keeper too! I've never heard of anyone wanting to do that until this thread, ha.

~Lisha
L.☮.♥.E.
#75 of 254 Old 02-18-2010, 02:17 AM

I dream I'm pregnant and giving birth all the time. Like...once a week. It's always minimally painful and at home. Lately, I don't even realize I'm pregnant until the end of the dream, when I'm huge and about to give birth. I hope that doesn't happen, I don't want to be one of those "I didn't know I was pregnant" people! Other dreams, I'm tiny and barely show. I hope that's true, I don't want stretch marks

treehugger.gif NMY, uber-crunchy, college student, doula-in-training, health food store worker and future librarian read.gif

#76 of 254 Old 02-18-2010, 09:21 AM

Quote:
Kittens! You gave birth to them?! Crazy! Ha, how did you feel when you woke up?!
My back hurt like hell. Ususally, if I'm sleeping weird my back starts hurting and I have labor dreams. hahahaha Oh, and I wanted to snuggle with baby kittens (I LOVE when they are that small!) but we don't have any cats at ALL yet. I had a PILE (like...ten) for a long time.

One of the cats had a litter and towards the end of her pregnancy we put her on the porch (closed-in) so we knew where she was. She would sit there and meow at us through the screen door and I felt SO bad for her, out there by herself. I slept in a sleeping bag out there for about a week, stayed up with her when she had them and became her official babysitter every day after school. I mean it! I would go in after school to do my homework and keep her company. One day she met me at the door and dropped them at my feet and went to hide and take a nap. Guess she had enough that day for some reason! lol There's nothing as cute as babies--human OR kittens! lol

I have *no* idea why I had that dream though. I looked it up and kittens typically mean innocence and birth is new beginnings or good luck.

So... I'm not entirely sure what to interpret that as. o_O

Kris violin.gif: in love with J shine.gif, "auntie" to W (6yrs) sleepytime.gif  and Z (4yrs) blowkiss.gif and "mommy" to Katie goldfish.gif

Back to school May 2013!

Someday it will be my turn: h20homebirth.giffemalesling.GIFnak.gifnocirc.gifcd.gif

#77 of 254 Old 02-18-2010, 01:12 PM

Quote:
My back hurt like hell. Ususally, if I'm sleeping weird my back starts hurting and I have labor dreams. hahahaha Oh, and I wanted to snuggle with baby kittens (I LOVE when they are that small!) but we don't have any cats at ALL yet. I had a PILE (like...ten) for a long time.

One of the cats had a litter and towards the end of her pregnancy we put her on the porch (closed-in) so we knew where she was. She would sit there and meow at us through the screen door and I felt SO bad for her, out there by herself. I slept in a sleeping bag out there for about a week, stayed up with her when she had them and became her official babysitter every day after school. I mean it! I would go in after school to do my homework and keep her company. One day she met me at the door and dropped them at my feet and went to hide and take a nap. Guess she had enough that day for some reason! lol There's nothing as cute as babies--human OR kittens! lol

I have *no* idea why I had that dream though. I looked it up and kittens typically mean innocence and birth is new beginnings or good luck.

So... I'm not entirely sure what to interpret that as. o_O
I'm usually not an animal person but I definitely LOVE little baby kitties! Haha, my aunt and uncle used to have like 8 kittens one time and it was so fun to play with them and cuddle! Ha that's so cute you were the kitty-sitter for that cat though!! Was the porch heated at least?! Why was she out there anyhow?

And ha random... well are you going to have kids soon? And maybe it's just proving you're innocent by having dreams about cats. Haha.

~Lisha
L.☮.♥.E.
#78 of 254 Old 02-18-2010, 02:51 PM

Quote:
I also used to want to be a lighthouse-keeper. I think it may have had something to do with the movie Pete's Dragon. It'd be a cool job, but I bet most lighthouses are digitially operated now.... I bet lighthouse keeper would be a good job to mix with SAHmotherhood!
I agree about it being a good WAHmom job. I think for me it probably came from having just moved to the Midwest from an ocean state. I'm back near the coast now, so that may be enough to satisfy the desire. I only wish I made more of a point of driving the 45 min to the beach on a regular basis.

As to the discussion about dreams, I rarely remember, or try to remember, my dreams, but sometime in the past few months I dreamed about having twins--giving birth and then having to care for them, I think. And my DH just told me he had a dream that he had a baby, recently, too. So I guess our subconsciouses must be sending us some sort of message.

#79 of 254 Old 02-18-2010, 03:19 PM

Quote:
I'm usually not an animal person but I definitely LOVE little baby kitties! Haha, my aunt and uncle used to have like 8 kittens one time and it was so fun to play with them and cuddle! Ha that's so cute you were the kitty-sitter for that cat though!! Was the porch heated at least?! Why was she out there anyhow?

And ha random... well are you going to have kids soon? And maybe it's just proving you're innocent by having dreams about cats. Haha.
We're waiting for Jan 2013 to start TTC so no, not yet. The porch was just another room in the house. IT used to be open to the outside but was closed in, windows, a door. It was heated, of course! She was out there so the other cats wouldn't bother her with the babies and so she didn't have them in a closet or something. She decided to have them in a box out there. She ater moved them to behind the tv.

Back to school May 2013!

#80 of 254 Old 02-18-2010, 04:10 PM

Quote:
We're waiting for Jan 2013 to start TTC so no, not yet. The porch was just another room in the house. IT used to be open to the outside but was closed in, windows, a door. It was heated, of course! She was out there so the other cats wouldn't bother her with the babies and so she didn't have them in a closet or something. She decided to have them in a box out there. She ater moved them to behind the tv.
Oh ok, ok. I understand now. Haha. Well that must have been fun to take care of them though And 2013 sounds like a good plan for TTC!

~Lisha
L.☮.♥.E.
#81 of 254 Old 02-18-2010, 04:25 PM - Thread Starter

So I'm thinking one solution for the main welcome page member list might be to just have one list and then after each name, I can add the anticipated TTC date or "currently TTC" or "not sure yet."
What does everyone think of this plan? I'm thinking that I'll have time over the weekend to sit down and re-edit that welcome page list.

The kittens sound super cute...one of my good friends adopted a pregnant cat a couple years ago and got to be a kitten mama.

#82 of 254 Old 02-20-2010, 04:20 AM

Mentioned: 31 Post(s)
Quoted: 32 Post(s)
Hey everyone... not sure how many around here still remember me, as I've been absent for quite a long time now. I'm probably not going to start hanging around here too much, because I've gotten BUSY... my first year of teaching is rough, but wonderful.

Anyway, for anyone who did remember me... I just wanted to say that I'm no longer TTFAH... I've found him. We'll be getting married May 29th. I'm hopeful we'll start TTC late 2010/early 2011. We'll have to see. Right now, I'm just focused on making it through the school year and the wedding.

I hope everyone is well and happy, and I'm glad to see several old friends have graduated! Much love and happiness to you all!

Monkey (30) + Pirate (28) = a forever family (5/10) - Baby Bird (8/12), our long-awaited first, and one (9/13 @ 7w 6d); PCOS
*4***8***12***16***20***24***28**32***36***40** Oct 2014
#83 of 254 Old 02-20-2010, 12:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeyscience View Post
Hey everyone... not sure how many around here still remember me, as I've been absent for quite a long time now. I'm probably not going to start hanging around here too much, because I've gotten BUSY... my first year of teaching is rough, but wonderful.

Anyway, for anyone who did remember me... I just wanted to say that I'm no longer TTFAH... I've found him. We'll be getting married May 29th. I'm hopeful we'll start TTC late 2010/early 2011. We'll have to see. Right now, I'm just focused on making it through the school year and the wedding.

I hope everyone is well and happy, and I'm glad to see several old friends have graduated! Much love and happiness to you all!
Aww yay! Where'd you find him?! Congrats! Where/ what are you teaching? Is it student teaching or actual (paid) teaching?

~Lisha
L.☮.♥.E.
#84 of 254 Old 02-20-2010, 03:31 PM

Quote:
So I'm thinking one solution for the main welcome page member list might be to just have one list and then after each name, I can add the anticipated TTC date or "currently TTC" or "not sure yet."
What does everyone think of this plan? I'm thinking that I'll have time over the weekend to sit down and re-edit that welcome page list.
I think it's a good idea.

#85 of 254 Old 02-21-2010, 09:24 PM - Thread Starter

So I just went ahead and updated the main post again. I think everything should be up to date for everyone who is regularly posting. Let me know if I need to make any changes. I ended up leaving TTC Now & Later all one category because otherwise I'll go nuts moving people from one list to the next as the months pass!

Hope everyone had a great weekend!!

#86 of 254 Old 02-22-2010, 03:16 PM

Quote:
I remember you.

Oiseau, could you add "currently" to me?

Mommy to  N baby.gif, born 2/20/12.

#87 of 254 Old 02-22-2010, 03:19 PM - Thread Starter

Kyamo- already done! (I'm not normally that efficient, i just logged on right as you posted I think!).

Monkeyscience--I forgot to say, I remember you too! Welcome back!

#88 of 254 Old 02-23-2010, 01:56 AM

Mentioned: 31 Post(s)
Quoted: 32 Post(s)
Quote:
Aww yay! Where'd you find him?! Congrats! Where/ what are you teaching? Is it student teaching or actual (paid) teaching?
Found him at a church Halloween dance. He was a pirate, I was a Roman goddess. Things have gone crazy, crazy fast. If I weren't the one in the relationship, I would say we were absolutely nuts. He proposed 3 months after our first date. But all of our family and friends agree that we're just right for each other... that eases my mind a lot. Plus, all I really have to do is look in the mirror at the two of us together - the glow is undeniable. We are ridiculously, cheesily, radiantly happy. I know, most of you are probably puking now. I don't blame you.

I teach 7-10 grade science at a charter school in Houston. I'm technically in my intern year, since I'm doing alternative certification, but I get paid the same as a regular teacher. I just have to pay $475 a month in internship fees. I do love it, though.

oiseau, Kyamo, I recognize both of you, too. Glad I'm not the only NMY left! And oiseau, I'm sorry to hear about your diagnosis. I hope the chemo works great, and you can feel better soon!

Monkey (30) + Pirate (28) = a forever family (5/10) - Baby Bird (8/12), our long-awaited first, and one (9/13 @ 7w 6d); PCOS
*4***8***12***16***20***24***28**32***36***40** Oct 2014
#89 of 254 Old 02-25-2010, 08:24 PM

Quote:
Found him at a church Halloween dance. He was a pirate, I was a Roman goddess. Things have gone crazy, crazy fast. If I weren't the one in the relationship, I would say we were absolutely nuts. He proposed 3 months after our first date. But all of our family and friends agree that we're just right for each other... that eases my mind a lot. Plus, all I really have to do is look in the mirror at the two of us together - the glow is undeniable. We are ridiculously, cheesily, radiantly happy. I know, most of you are probably puking now. I don't blame you.

I teach 7-10 grade science at a charter school in Houston. I'm technically in my intern year, since I'm doing alternative certification, but I get paid the same as a regular teacher. I just have to pay $475 a month in internship fees. I do love it, though.
Ha that is such a cute story! Especially that your family knows you're right for each other. And I'm not a science fan, but the education departments are definitely lacking science teachers, so good for you for doing that!!! I'm a special education major, with a minor in Spanish. Congrats on the pirate though. So cute

~Lisha
L.☮.♥.E.
#90 of 254 Old 02-25-2010, 08:26 PM

Quote:
So I just went ahead and updated the main post again. I think everything should be up to date for everyone who is regularly posting. Let me know if I need to make any changes. I ended up leaving TTC Now & Later all one category because otherwise I'll go nuts moving people from one list to the next as the months pass!

Hope everyone had a great weekend!!
So... I know you already made some type change... But I'm new and now confused. haha. What's with the new lists and dates and ahhh!!! I'm lost. :P

~Lisha
L.☮.♥.E.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page