Forum Jump: 

#61 of 121 Old 08-23-2010, 02:11 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by oiseau View Post
Hi KnittyGritty! Welcome!

Hope everyone is still enjoying their summer! I'm counting the days til it cools off!

Has anyone seen the Babies movie? I just rented it on itunes and watched it yesterday. It made me almost cry...and laugh...but it wasn't nearly as interesting as I was expecting. I still enjoyed it though!
i was disappointed too when i finally saw it, i didnt think it was quite long enough an they jumped from baby to baby to fast... i did like how they showed the difference in consumerism with the babies

cold.gifme + headscratch.gif him and one littlecat.gifPaco the Taco hoping for one of these  makebabe.gifin the near future

#62 of 121 Old 08-23-2010, 03:58 AM

What is everyone most excited about in regards to FALL rapidly approaching?

I'm very excited for school to start (Tuesday! Eek!). I'm very excited for winter clothing. I'm sick of iced tea and coffee, I can't wait to be able to drink warm things again. I'm also excited for food! I tend to like stews, hot soups, etc. and those are just too hot for summer.

treehugger.gif NMY, uber-crunchy, college student, doula-in-training, health food store worker and future librarian read.gif

#63 of 121 Old 08-23-2010, 07:10 PM

i love cool weather i'm so sick of this heat. i'm excited to be able to wear boots again i just bought these in black i'm excited my boyfriend won't be gone every weekend racing.... i'm not excited that my job will slow down an i'll make less money tho maybe i'll have more time to study... i also am excited to drink tea without heating myself up i also love stew an soups... tho less fruit will be sad

cold.gifme + headscratch.gif him and one littlecat.gifPaco the Taco hoping for one of these  makebabe.gifin the near future

#64 of 121 Old 08-24-2010, 04:12 AM

I'm super excited about school too! It will be the first time in 3 or 4 years that I've taken a full course load. I'll be taking my very first photography class, and I'm sooo excited! (I'm going to start majoring in photography!) Only one week to go! Hopefully this semester my financial aid will be unsuspended. I did some math and I'm pretty sure as long as I pass all my classes I'll be able to get my financial aid back. But I should probably go talk to a counselor.

I'm definitely excited about the weather cooling down to. (No winter clothing here, though, I live in Florida!)

Oh & Shaina, I just noticed your signature. My dream is to be a Doula/Birth Photographer as well!

photosmile2.gifcavale treehugger.gif*wannabe radical doula*
*plotting with sammodifiedartist.gif until we have our own little ones*
planning to TTC in May '11 (just in time for my birthday!)
#65 of 121 Old 08-25-2010, 09:10 PM - Thread Starter

Not momma yet, but momma to a ton of furry, scaly, slimy and feathery critters. whale.gifribbongreen.gif
#66 of 121 Old 08-26-2010, 03:12 PM

i commented on your Hyla thread it reminds me of Hymen when does he like it so much? luckily its a middle name which arent used so much and maybe you could have two of them

#67 of 121 Old 08-26-2010, 06:41 PM - Thread Starter

Not momma yet, but momma to a ton of furry, scaly, slimy and feathery critters. whale.gifribbongreen.gif
#68 of 121 Old 08-26-2010, 09:43 PM

Add me? TTC in the future.

I work with young people and have been posting on MDC for a while in some of the threads. I'm glad this tribe exists.

I'm 22 and will probably be TTC in 2-3 years. I plan to TTC with a known donor in an intentional community. I live in a politically radical (think anti-capitalist, feminist, bikes, vegan) collective in Boston right now and hopefully well into the future, with nine friends. I've talked to them a little less than casually about potentially having kids around the house in the future and they always seem pleased about the idea. Some of our friends in other houses and family situations have had kids and we all agree that the collective situation is the ideal family setup for us. I'm looking to have a non-nuclear family/community when the time is right. I'm interested in co-parenting with interested individuals, and I have a feeling a few of them will be interested in venturing out that way with me commitment-wise. I lead a polyamorous lifestyle that I think I'd like to maintain in the future. I think I'll have the more serious version of that conversation with my friends in about a year so that we can start getting everything together and establish a timeline.

In the meantime, I'm taking good care of myself, emotionally and physically. I've decided to finish my art degree at a fancy pansy school and dive back into art.

To answer some of the standards:

What kind of birth are you hoping for? Water, home, home water, hospital, etc?

I want an unassisted water birth, either at home or in the forest/ocean somewhere. I want my gorgeous, radical female friends to be my birth support. We'll cross that bridge when we come to it, but I know I do not want a hospital birth unless, of course, in the case of a serious medical emergency.

Any name ideas?

All my name ideas are androgynous because I plan to allow my child to choose their gender or not, regardless of sex. My favorite name right now is Lujah.

Where do you want to live/where do you live?

I want to live between city and rural homes. In collective living, this is an affordable possibility, which is exciting.

How many kiddos do you want, and does anyone plan to adopt?

The plan is to start with one and see how the chips fall.

Do you have any thoughts on age spacing at all?

Let breastfeeding be my guide.

Do you have any hobbies?

I'm an artist, a community organizer and youth advocate.

What do you do as a job?

I'm a part-time nanny, full time collective member. Finishing my studio art degree soon. I make art - primarily experimental performance work that attempts to challenge the childhood/adult binary through the body. I run a DIY publishing house called Hello and / in the Forest. I also run a safespace for youth - a daytime alternative to school where young people can get the help and support they need to facilitate their own education outside of compulsory schooling in Boston. That's a lot of jobs and not a lot of money-making, but I love my life and wouldn't have it any other way.

Any non-crunchy confessions?

Though I'm anti-capitalist, I like spending my extra(?) cash eating fancy meals with the bourgeois at elite eateries that source from local farms where all the waitstaff look delicious and dress in high fashion. I also own an iphone. Big oops.

Do you have any pets? If so, what kind and what are their names?

I haz kitty! She is beloved by all the collective members.

Do you have anything stashed away for your future kids?

Vintage picture books, sourced from library sales and the like. Radical children's literature. A few wooden animal figurines from flea markets.

Favorite food?

Vegan gluten-free, mostly raw.

What brought you to MDC?

I'm another of those who have been here since high school. Who knows. I love this place!

I'm loving following this thread!

Forest For The Trees  stillheart.gif  Radical Family Support Consulting for Growing Families (ask me!)
10+ Years in Professional Holistic Childcare and Support / Alternative Education / Unschooling my Friend, Z (4)

Future Community-Dwelling, Stay-at-Home, Sole-Parent by Choice!

#69 of 121 Old 08-27-2010, 06:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by habitat View Post

Vintage picture books, sourced from library sales and the like. Radical children's literature. A few wooden animal figurines from flea markets.
I am also veg and gluten-free, and my husband and I live in co-ops when we're in the U.S. Yay for intentional communities! So, tell me more about this radical children's literature.

Mom to Thora, born at home 9/28/2011. Currently in Madison, WI, but gearing up for a move to Providence, RI in August! I'd love to meet some folks.
#70 of 121 Old 08-27-2010, 06:23 PM - Thread Starter

#71 of 121 Old 08-27-2010, 07:01 PM

I just watched Babies yesterday. Rented it on iTunes (and that was a total nightmare which I will never subject myself to again, but that's a tangent for another time). I LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVED it!!! It was exactly what I expected, a solid hour of babies, existing as babies unhindered and without unnecessary explication. My favorite part was watching poor little Mari get so frustrated with her toys and fling herself on the floor at the unfairness of it all. I can totally relate.

Watching that movie led to a very serious consideration by myself and my SO about baby having and how soon we should do it. *Soon*.

Quote:
I'm 22 and will probably be TTC in 2-3 years. I plan to TTC with a known donor in an intentional community. I live in a politically radical (think anti-capitalist, feminist, bikes, vegan) collective in Boston right now and hopefully well into the future, with nine friends. I've talked to them a little less than casually about potentially having kids around the house in the future and they always seem pleased about the idea. Some of our friends in other houses and family situations have had kids and we all agree that the collective situation is the ideal family setup for us. I'm looking to have a non-nuclear family/community when the time is right. I'm interested in co-parenting with interested individuals, and I have a feeling a few of them will be interested in venturing out that way with me commitment-wise. I lead a polyamorous lifestyle that I think I'd like to maintain in the future. I think I'll have the more serious version of that conversation with my friends in about a year so that we can start getting everything together and establish a timeline.

That is absolutely fascinating and sounds like a really amazing way to live life. I would love to experience life in an intentional community, do you have any tips or suggestions on how one could find and get involved in such a community?

photosmile2.gifcavale treehugger.gif*wannabe radical doula*
*plotting with sammodifiedartist.gif until we have our own little ones*
planning to TTC in May '11 (just in time for my birthday!)
#72 of 121 Old 08-28-2010, 12:36 AM

Quote:
I live in a politically radical (think anti-capitalist, feminist, bikes, vegan) collective in Boston right now and hopefully well into the future, with nine friends.
That sounds awesome! Can I move in?

Well ladies, I have been 21 for well over a week and I'm not doing a very good job at it. I drank a beer on my birthday, a beer last weekend at the american legion with my dad, and some sangria tonight with dinner. What's funny is that I used to be quite the party animal, and now I can't even drink more than one drink.

School is going to kick my butt this semester! However, exciting things lie ahead. I am a loser who still lives at home (stereotypically in my parent's basement), and we're currently in suburban Missouri. We all HATE it, so my dad is applying for other government service jobs all over, but most importantly in Germany! If he gets this job (he has connections, so there's a good chance) our family could be moving to Germany in December! I decided that I'd take spring semester off school, and then continue on to the University of Alabama next August (2011) just as planned. It'd be eight months of working part-time and travelling! After that, I'd spend every winter break and summer there. It would put me back six months in school, but that's worth it, right? Reassure me

treehugger.gif NMY, uber-crunchy, college student, doula-in-training, health food store worker and future librarian read.gif

#73 of 121 Old 08-28-2010, 12:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JlyGrnMigt View Post
I am also veg and gluten-free, and my husband and I live in co-ops when we're in the U.S. Yay for intentional communities! So, tell me more about this radical children's literature.
Hooray for VEG/GF! And for collective living! Right now I'm reading Tales for Little Rebels: A Collection of Radical Children's Literature. It's quite an exciting anthology! I'm also really excited to check out a book called Radical Children's Literature: Future Visions and Aesthetic Transformations in Juvenile Fiction . I love 10,000 Dresses by Marcus Ewert. It's about a male child who wants a dress and dreams about dresses, despite his family's rigid (mainstream) view of the gender binary and ideas that he shouldn't want any dresses. It is the only book I know of for children that addresses queer/trans gender issues in children. Pippi Longstocking is amazing. Oh, and Anarchist Farm, by Jane Doe aka Jan Edwards, for obvious reasons. The animals fight oppression and capitalism with cooperation!

Quote:
Originally Posted by oiseau View Post
I bet you and I have some friends in common...or at least friends of friends. I have some vegetarian, biking, feminist, poly friends in Boston. PM me if you wanna know who they are.

Welcome! I'm always glad to see people who will be sticking around the tribe for awhile since I'm gonna be here for awhile longer too!
Crazy awesome! Will PM you. I'm glad to be here and am happy to stick around, though some friends are encouraging me to get the ball rolling sooner than later. I'll be all set when I decide whether I'm finishing my degree and/or how I'm going to make enough money to sustain a living with school loans. I have a few "business plans" (GROSS) in mind that incorporate the interests I'm already working with. I keep going back and forth between "wait" and "go". Ugh.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubbledumpster View Post
That is absolutely fascinating and sounds like a really amazing way to live life. I would love to experience life in an intentional community, do you have any tips or suggestions on how one could find and get involved in such a community?
I definitely think it's amazing! I've been interested in intentional communities my whole life, and my friend happened to be living in an anarcha collective in Boston, so I jumped in. I couldn't be happier with my living situation. I'm not sure where you live, but if you're looking for a radical, anti-capitalist DIY house like ours, you can usually find one by being involved in radical activism, attending Food Not Bombs in your city (lots of anarchists there). If you're looking for something more liberal and/or "hippie", there are great listings here. If you let me know your city, I might know, or be able find someone who knows, of a house or houses there.

Forest For The Trees  stillheart.gif  Radical Family Support Consulting for Growing Families (ask me!)
10+ Years in Professional Holistic Childcare and Support / Alternative Education / Unschooling my Friend, Z (4)

#74 of 121 Old 08-31-2010, 11:36 AM

I finally caught the silly little mouse that wouldn't leave my house an was sunflower seads an leaving them everywhere an making creepy noises at night an pooping everywhere an i even used the live trap i had!!!!!

#75 of 121 Old 08-31-2010, 09:26 PM

Since I'm new here, I hope it's okay that I answer the getting to know you questions.

Provided there are no complications, I would love a home waterbirth, and DH is 100% on board.

-Any more name ideas?

DH and I both LOVE Emily Grace for a girl and DH loves Jonah Seth for a boy, but I'm not sold on Seth for a middle name. I do really like Jonah though.

-Where do you want to live/where do you live?

We live in Florida but we would love to move back home to Massachusetts in the next 4-5 years or whenever the market picks back up and we can sell our house.

-How many kiddos do you want, and does anyone plan to adopt?

We definitely want at least 2, and will consider a third when the time comes. If we cannot conceive, we will definitely adopt.

*Do you have any hobbies?*

I love horseback riding (though I haven't done it much since I moved to FL and gave my horse to my Mom), hiking with my dogs, and learning new things.

*What do you do as a job?

I own a dog grooming, daycare, and boarding business.

*Any non-crunchy confessions?*

We don't eat nearly enough local, organic, or free range food as I would like simply due to cost.

1. Do you have any pets? If so, what kind and what are their names?

We have a 3 year old Rottweiler mix Brady, a 19 month old American Pit Bull Terrier Bruschi, and a 2 year old American Pit Bull Terrier Bella who is our foster dog.

2. Do you have anything stashed away for your future kids? (oh-so-cute outfit you couldn't not buy? Special cradle that's been in the family forever?

Nope, nothing.

3. Favorite food?

Pizza and Chicken Quesidillas (not together)

4. What brought you to MDC?

A friend recommended it. I was on another message board but didn't really fit in because I'm super crunchy and non conventional.

5. Random fact about yourself

I love dogs more than people.

treehugger.gif mama to dog2.gif dog2.gif cat.gifcat.gif praying for our first two legged baby and hoping to  h20homebirth.gif novaxnocirc.gifbfinfant.giffemalesling.GIFcd.gif familybed1.gif

#76 of 121 Old 09-10-2010, 01:55 AM

Another new person to add to the list - just introduced myself in the intro forum, and surfing around found this thread. Very glad I'm not alone in the "not a mama yet" situation here.

DH and I will be TTC in the far future, likely no sooner than January 2015.

Totally want a home water birth if at all possible.

Any name ideas?

Haven't discussed them with DH, but I do have a few on my list:
Justin
Forrest
Andrew
Tyler
Jaren
Kya Lyn
Kiara Esther
Grace
Mika/Mikah/Micah

Currently live in the first house that DH and I have owned ourselves, in Winston-Salem, NC. In the future we would like to have a bit more land (we're on 0.4 acres right now) and a custom build round house.

Just one bio kid, maybe a second adopted child.

Do you have any thoughts on age spacing at all?

No thoughts yet, though I do know I want to have the bio child first.

Do you have any hobbies?

Dogs, dogs sports/training (agility, dock diving, disc, schutzhund, obedience, etc.), hiking and other outdoor events, hanging out with DH

What do you do as a job?

I'm currently in the start up phase of building my own in-home dog training business - I'm a Certified Professional Dog Trainer.

DH and I have lunch every Friday at either a sub place or Arbys and it's one of my fav activities. I'm also a bit of an internet addict...and you could probably tell by the hour of my post, I'm a major night owl.

Yup - two dogs and a cat of our own and a foster dog currently. Ziva is a 3.5yo corgi mix, Kestrel is a 2yo cattle dog mix, and Pi (actually 3.14159 lol) is an orange tabby cat. All three were adopted from the shelter I worked at for the last 3 years prior to my move to NC.

Our foster dog is Chet, a 2yo cattle dog from Carolina ACD Rescue and Rebound. He goes up for adoption this week!

Allllmost bought some shirts and onesies from Threadless during a sale, but refrained for the sake of our current budget. :P I do have alot of my stuffed animals from my childhood stashed away for a future child, though.

Favorite food?

Ice cream!

What brought you to MDC?

A mention on one of the blogs I read.

Erin
Every hour of the light and dark is a miracle. Every cubic inch of space is a miracle. (Whitman)

Not a Mama Yet! If you're a NMY, too, come join our current thread in the Tribal area!

#77 of 121 Old 09-10-2010, 05:59 PM

Welcome *Dawn* and Stardogs!

One of the babies I nanny for just turned 1 and I can't even believe it! She's beautiful and walking around like crazy. She makes me want a babe so badly!

Our friends have a four week-old DC, whom I am going to visit for the first time this week.

#78 of 121 Old 09-11-2010, 12:16 AM

Welcome

Stardogs, I don't even want to THINK of how long it'll be until I have babies
I'm single, have three years of school left and have an IUD. I can't get married until after graduation or else I'd lose my free ride, and thanks to the IUD there won't be any accidents. It makes me sad when I think about it.

I mentioned this earlier ladies, but there's a good chance I'm moving to Germany for a year. I find out anytime in the next two weeks, and I'd go at Christmastime. I'm so nervous!

#79 of 121 Old 09-11-2010, 06:38 AM

hi I'd love to join. we're ttc now!

Hi all. I acutally used to hang out on this thread a little years ago when I was trying to avoid uni work. Now I'm back becuase we are acutally ttc

I defintily want a home birth. I'm still deciding between uc/idependant midwife. And I'm drawn to water brith if I could figure how to fit it in the hosue.

-Any more name ideas?

no, I've always been attracted to hippy names but I think I'd acutally go more convetional when it came to it.

-Where do you want to live/where do you live?

I live in Cardiff and wouldn't want to live anywhere else!

-How many kiddos do you want, and does anyone plan to adopt?

I've always fancied a big family but I think reallity has intruded on that. To be honset I'd be relived to get one and maybe hop to get them a sibling.
I don't think adopting would work for us

*Do you have any hobbies?*

I like to cook, read, cycle and do yoga. and watch anything that involves murder on TV!

*What do you do as a job?

social worker

*Any non-crunchy confessions?*

Hmmm I'm doing my best! I still shop at tesco through so I guess that can't count as crunchy!

1. Do you have any pets? If so, what kind and what are their names?

Nope

2. Do you have anything stashed away for your future kids? (oh-so-cute outfit you couldn't not buy? Special cradle that's been in the family forever?

Nope. dh would go nuts! I guess he's supersious.

3. Favorite food?

anything vegan mexican! apricots, stawberrys, blueberries.

4. What brought you to MDC?

I came here years ago when someone recomedned it after mango mother when off the rails

5. Random fact about yourself

I was born in England grew up in New Jersy and live in Wales

Missing my dh everyday candle.gif and hoping there is a brighter future for me out there

#80 of 121 Old 09-11-2010, 06:56 AM

CariCloud: Torchwood and doctor who are both filmed right here in Cardiff! Two episiods of doctor who are acutally filmed in the park just down from my house! When u finish david tenat check out the new serise that cool too.

Missing my dh everyday candle.gif and hoping there is a brighter future for me out there

#81 of 121 Old 09-14-2010, 02:17 AM

KaylaBeanie - I just had to say I love your siggy! I totally thought about stealing it (and doing a little customizing of course), but I also love my quote so I decided to keep the quote for now.

I also have an IUD and do love how little I have to think about AF, unexpected pregnancy, etc. but I know what you mean about kinda being bummed that it is so effective. I do think though that waiting is ideal for us now, so I'm not too sad about it, just the occasional twinges.

We might actually get another dog (lost our Maggie girl a month ago so it'll be about a year maybe?) before we think about TTC and I want to make sure that our youngest dog is at least 2yo by the time we start TTC as my preferred breed doesn't really get their "optional brain module" until then.

And randomness - but am I the only one that finds the idea of EC more familiar after having housetrained puppies? I always feel weird mentioning that perspective to current moms. lol

Erin
Every hour of the light and dark is a miracle. Every cubic inch of space is a miracle. (Whitman)

Not a Mama Yet! If you're a NMY, too, come join our current thread in the Tribal area!

#82 of 121 Old 09-15-2010, 10:17 AM

Hi everyone! I’m new here My name is Heather and I’m 27, living in Ottawa, Canada, with my husband and our many critters. I am not yet a Momma, but am hoping to be in the next year or two. It’s so nice to find a place where I can feel at home

One where I feel completely secure, comfortable with my surroundings and with the support that I have with me. Honestly, I would love a water, home, homewater or a birthing center birth, but each has its issues. I worry about my ability to “let go” when it comes to getting the home ready for a home/home water birth. I tend to freak out and clean like crazy when family is coming over, I’m not sure how nuts I’d go. My ideal would be going to a birthing center (homey feel, but I don’t have to worry about cleaning it) In Ottawa, unfortunately, we don’t have a birthing center and we’re not allowed to have waterbirths in hospitals. Luckily, they recently renovated the birthing unit in one of our local hospitals and it’s gorgeous! I saw it when I was volunteering as a doula. Really lovely and much more homey than your standard hospital room. What I do know for sure is that I want a midwife and a doula.

Any more name ideas?

Plenty! Unfortunately, my husband doesn’t love almost any of girl names. We have agreed on a boy’s name though: Liam

Other names I like:
Connor
Aiden
Ian
Ethan

Brianne
Rowan
Isabelle
Stella
Florence
Adele
Ceilidh
Blodwyn

We live in a suburb in the west of Ottawa. I’d like to live somewhere more Rural, like the small community of North Gower, but we’ll see where life takes us.

I would love three, but the hubby only wants 2. We shall see

Do you have any hobbies?

I like to craft (I sew, knit and embroider), read, watch movies and spend time with family.

What do you do as a job?

I’m on contract as a admin assistant with the Canadian Cancer Society. My contract is almost up. I expect I’ll probably stay in the admin field until after I have my first and maybe then start thinking about moving around into something else. We shall see.

I am only a bit crunchy, so I have a lot of non-crunchy habits. My husband is definitely more hesitant to go completely towards crunchiness. We have a definite weakness for junk food and easy meals out of a box. We’re trying to change, but it’s a slow process.

We have a zoo practically We have three cats, Mystie (14 or so), Byron (7) and Cole (5), a dog named Maddie (she’s mutt, some blend of Australian shepard, black lab, rotti and collie we think) and she’s about 3 now. We also have two snakes. One is a cornsnake named Pele, and the other is Pueblan milksnake named Sal.

Do you have anything stashed away for your future kids? (oh-so-cute outfit you couldn't not buy? Special cradle that's been in the family forever?

Lots, actually. I have a bunch of my own baby stuff (dresses, dish set, books, a small chair, knit and crocheted blankets, a few stuffed animals) as well as some of my husbands (a rocking horse his Dad made, a chair, some vinyl of his favourite music from when he was a kid, some stuffed animals). I have also acquired a few bags of cloth diapers and covers and several pregnancy books from friends. We’re starting to look more at the bigger things, like cribs, etc.. We did inherit a dresser from his sister that was supposed to be converted into a change table.

Favorite food?

Steak and mushroom boxty from Patty’s Pub on Bank Street, crab cakes, home made mac and cheese, and pumpkin pie

What brought you to MDC?

I am a volunteer doula with Mothercraft and came across Mothering magazine through them. I was puttering around the website one day and saw that there was a community section. Bingo! I’ve been looking for a play to go to talk where I’d feel comfortable sharing my ideas, even when we haven’t started TTC yet

Random fact about yourself

I am an adult orphan, having recently lost both of my parents. I collect hobbies and will try almost anything at least once. My most recent adventure was learning how to make glass beads (it’s called Lampwork beadmaking )

"What lies before us and what lies behind us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us"

Mae/Heather (28) married DH (30) on June 26th 2010 heartbeat.gif Just got our first pos.gif, so baby #1 should be arriving some time in April 2012  - BFPChart2.gif  http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/maevankat  

#83 of 121 Old 10-02-2010, 11:59 PM

I gotta pop in here more often!

#84 of 121 Old 10-03-2010, 01:38 AM

Hi. Nice to meet you all. I could have sworn that I introduced myself at one point, but it was probably in another thread.

Homebirth! Probably with a midwife, but having an accidental unassisted birth would be okay with me. I'm also warming up to the idea of giving birth outside.

Do you have any hobbies?

Reading. My interests change every few months. Over the summer, I was reading YA books and now I'm reading about the Amish and utopian communities. I also like to bake.

Oh...lots. I've started using some non-toxic cleaners, but that's about it.

Do you have anything stashed away for your future kids? (oh-so-cute outfit you couldn't not buy? Special cradle that's been in the family forever?

No. I'm kind of superstitious and I don't want to jinx anything.

Favorite food?

Aw, man. This is a hard question. Cheesecake. Carrot Cake. My favorite candy right now is Reese's Pieces. I love seafood.

What brought you to MDC?

Hmm....I'm not sure. I was hanging around VeggieBoards and something on there may have lead me here.

Random fact about yourself:

I have a sense of humor fit for a twelve-year-old boy.

#85 of 121 Old 10-04-2010, 05:21 PM

I try not talking about babies and houses, but it's hard when I'm interested in babywearing and the perfect porch (and porch swing!).

#86 of 121 Old 10-24-2010, 05:45 PM

*dusts thread off*

Hey, anybody still here? lol

Just popping in to say hey to everyone and hope that everyone is well.

NMY actively making my dreams happen :
#87 of 121 Old 10-24-2010, 05:56 PM - Thread Starter

Hi there!! I've been feeling bad about neglecting the thread recently, but I'm always around MDC somewhere.

Hope everyone else is having a great fall!!

#88 of 121 Old 10-25-2010, 08:56 PM

I'm here! I can't wait for this semester to be over...it's kicking my you know what. I am sooo sleep deprived that I work, I go to school and I sleep. That's it. My next semester is AWESOME though! I'm in school from 11-12:20 and then 7:10-9:55 on Mondays, 12:30-3:15 on Tuesdays/Thursdays and 11-12:20 on Wednesdays/Fridays. I'll get to sleep again! I can even get a second job.

I'm moving cross-country for school (hopefully!!) in August 2011, so I have less than a year left here. That's so weird to me! School has been going well though, and I found out that my scholarship is for ten semesters, which means I'll be able to use it towards the remaining three years of my double major undergraduate degrees (spanish and foreign language education) AND my master's. I just have to cover housing/living expenses.

I get to be in my cousin's wedding next month. She's only 19! I know that's not necessarily too young, but it's weird for me.

#89 of 121 Old 10-26-2010, 08:57 PM - Thread Starter

I remember semesters like that! Sounds like next semester will be good though. My college had a trend towards not having lots of Friday classes but I think I always ended up with Friday classes :-( One semester I had a Friday afternoon chemistry lab and that really blew! Yay for your scholarship!! Now that I've been out of school for a year+, I can say that it would be awesome to not have student loans to worry about every month.

One of my cousins got married at 19. We're close in age and I thought it was nuts at the time. When I was 19, marriage wasn't even on my radar! I'm only just thinking about it seriously now and I'm 27!

We're possibly looking at another semi-long-distance move in the near future too. My contract at work isn't getting renewed, so I'm trying to find a new job. On top of that, our landlady and her family are moving back to their native country and selling our house, so we're not sure what's gonna happen with our living situation. We've always wanted to move to Ithaca, so we're thinking about just going for it now. Ithaca is where we'd like to settle for the long term, so we're thinking we might as well just try to head up there now. I've actually never been there, but I think I'd be happy there. I really just don't want to think about actually physically packing up and moving (AGAIN! we've moved twice in the past 18mo. and one of those moves involved hundreds of miles! With lots of pets and heavy things!).

I so wish the timing was better with regards to my health and I'd just take this break from work to have a baby. 18 more months and I'm good to go!

#90 of 121 Old 11-05-2010, 03:50 AM

it is so dead in here we need to start up some kind of game or discussion!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page