Mothering Forum banner

Summer Cannabis Mamas and MJ Lovers

22K views 318 replies 59 participants last post by  Partaria 
#1 ·
Welcome to Summer Cannabis Mamas and MJ Lovers

Our Standing Message:
Our purpose is to Support, Educate & Share information regarding the Many Common & UnCommon Uses and Abuses of Cannabis/Marijuana.

We speak about News Currents, Media, "Medical" Marijuana, State Legislation, Parenting, Breastfeeding, Legal Issues, Spirituality, Plant Uses and Preparations, Opinion, Fact and Truth.

We promote the use of this wonderful Medicinal Plant for Appetite Stimulant, Spiritual Centering, Treating the symptoms of Morning Sickness, Chronic pain, Glaucoma and possibly Curing/Reversing Cancer, AIDS etc... Countless Citizens find this plant medically useful and less harmful than disease causing prescription and over the counter DRUGS.

We are also discussing Hemp another misunderstood plant & seed, which has many wonderful non-medicinal uses < Fiber, Fuel, Plastics, Nutritional Value etc...> This is also illegal to cultivate in much of the U.S.
Also the subjects of spending less money on the "WAR" against Marijuana.
Many governments attempt to mis-inform and discourage Right Education and Safe Access to Marijuana. We Say... Use all things in harmony with yourself and others.

As this is a public forum and may be viewed by anyone with internet access, please be mindful what you post on this topic. Everyone has different comfort levels and we don't want to discourage anyone from joining us.

Welcome to our forum, newcomers, and enjoy!

Resource List under construction, PM me for suggestions

Cannabis and Pregnancy

Common Treatments for Hyperemesis Gravidarum

Use of Marijuana During Pregnancy

Women and Cannabis

Women and Cannabis google books

Dr. Melanie Dreher, reefer reseacher

Cannabis and Children

Is Marijuana a Valuable Treatment for Autism?

Cannabis Reduces Infant Mortality

Mother Explains Why She Gives Pot to her 9 Year Old Autistic Son

Cannabis Legality

The NORML State Guide to Marijuana Laws

Drug War Facts

Drug Policy Alliance

Clinical Studies and Medical Marijuana

International Association for Cannabinoid Medicines

How Cannabis Works on the Brain

Medical Marijuana News and Information

Women's Alliance for Medical Marijuana

ProCon, non-profit public charity

American Medical Marijuana Association

Marijuana Policy Project

Multidisciplinary Association for Psychedelic Studies

American Civil Liberties Union

Canadian Links

Why Prohibition

Cannabis Culture Magazine

See less See more
#2 ·
Afternoon nap in session, so Im back. Well to initiate a little conversation I thought maybe we can talk about how many people in your circle or who you've met through your life have or regularly smoke? how you feel about your province/state/country's progress in either legalization or de-criminalization? How do you advocate and spread awareness for marijuana laws? or tell us a little bit about your smoking history and how you've been able to use herb to benefit your body and mind.

Ill start with a little info about me and mj. Ive been enjoying the herb for i guess about 6 years now, Ive smoked with allllll kinds of people and cultures and gradually came to a place where I could use the herb to benefit and expand my mindset and clear stress. Although, its sometimes just good fun to watch a funny movie and let loose and giggle.

Ive found through my life, 8 out 10 people Ive met smoke. I know in comparison, Canada has a much more relaxed attitude towards marijuana, but it still jams up the legal system with possession charges etc. I for one, have never had to be involved with the police regarding possession, I wish I didnt have to be so cautious about getting caught, as Im sure you all do. I must admit, Ive falling out of the info circuit regarding marijuana law changes and as much as I wanted to go to the Global Marijuana March in Toronto, I had my baby and was advised not to due to the growing tension of the upcoming G20 summit, people thought protests were a little volatile at that time, maybe next year! As far as advocacy, I could be doing more, I switched my focus after my son was born to promote breastfeeding, no circ, baby wearing and things like that. After the g20 summit in toronto, I wanted to get back into my government- related causes, so among other things Id like to build knowledge about mj among the public, without getting myself in to much trouble. I feel now that i have a baby, people will look twice if I say mother and marijuana in the same sentence, and no one needs CSA involved .

Anyways, nice to meet you all, hope you dont mind me starting a new thread and I hope the ice breaker questions are suitable and interesting.
happiness to you

#3 ·
Hi there! Perhaps you might copy/paste the links/intro from the first post of the previous thread? I dunno if its standard, but thought it'll probably be helpful.

As for me, I live on Guam, and a week and a half ago, one of our senators introduced a bill to allow qualified patients access to medical cannabis. Two days ago, our local paper published my opinion letter!

#4 ·
I know lots of people who smoke and lots of people who don't. If I had to guess, I'd say it's 30/70 in favor of non-smokers. That said, most of the non-smokers I know are fairly mellow, it's just not for them. I have one friend, for example, who had two terrible experiences with herb (enough to seriously consider that he's got an allergy to it
). He's fine with other people smoking, but he's not about to join in any time soon.
More later, I just wanted to subscribe.

#5 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by canadianhippie View Post
Afternoon nap in session, so Im back. Well to initiate a little conversation I thought maybe we can talk about how many people in your circle or who you've met through your life have or regularly smoke? how you feel about your province/state/country's progress in either legalization or de-criminalization? How do you advocate and spread awareness for marijuana laws? or tell us a little bit about your smoking history and how you've been able to use herb to benefit your body and mind.
Canada has a much more relaxed attitude towards marijuana, but it still jams up the legal system with possession charges etc.
I think it's funny that you say they have a more relaxed view in Canada. My "adopted mother" lives up in Saskatoon and she says they are hard core against it. She used to be a teacher and said there were very few that smoked, even amongst the kids.

Around here in NH, I find a lot more people do than don't but no one broadcasts it for obvious reasons. It's all about covert convo and little things that give it away

I tend to be more forward about it and am an advocate for legalization. I even told my Dr about it and *since she is the awesomest dr ever* she told me as soon as it's legalized, she will write us scripts for it
, so it's nice to know we have people around us that think in line with our reasons and love of natural meds. I am, however, very frustrated with our legalization process. The local police are REALLY sticking their fingers in and jamming things up because they would have to PAY for it if it's legal..really, the letter the governor sent to me about why he vetoed the bill said that the police were "worried about controlling it", which means, how will we make money on it when when can't bust people for it anymore?? It's SO annoying. I hate that DANGEROUS drugs like prescriptions for speed, meth, not to mention alcohol which is proven dangerous is still legal and tobacco which is laced with all kinds of ridiculous chemicals to lead to addiction are all still legal, but natural medications that actually help people are still banned in so many places and have such crazy stigmas attached...blah! I donate to MPP to help raise awareness and I also help campaign with letter writing to officials when we are working on legislation. I am also a fan of RIPAC in Rhode Island(in support of my magical mamas down there
)

My history is that I have only been partaking for a little over 5 yrs now. Hubby and I never smoked until we were in our late 20s. We just didn't have a lot of people with positive experiences and so it wasn't until we felt safe that we finally tried it. And it has helped with his depression and has really helped with my chronic pain issues. We pretty much only vaporize though, I am not a fan of smoking~for our health and the kiddos too~we want to try baking, but are waiting on a reasonable source for enough to bake with.

Nothing is better than sitting out under the canopy of the heavens while enjoying the natural medicine the earth gives us with all our friends <3

#6 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by ~D~ View Post
[/url]
I hope you dont mind ~D~ , I think this is great.

#7 ·
This is all great conversation mama's, I hope the thread catches on!

#8 ·
Hi all! I saw the conversation starter so I wanted to chime in and subscribe.

I am very vocal about my pro MJ stance, and I post a lot of pro MJ stuff on my facebook to spread awareness and also, I work for an alternative wholesale distributor, which is a fancy way of saying " head shop supplier" so my job, 40 hours a week, is to sit in my office and sell vaporizers and all sorts of legal smoking accessories, to stores.

I LOVE my job, and we are all very open and honest at work, all feel like the legalization of MJ will help our business grow! I love that I work at a place where my passion for this is accepted and encouraged.

So, that said, most of the people I know are smokers and so..

As far as where I live and it's stance, it has been decriminalized here and I am happy about that and hope that we will make that next step eventually, sooner rather than later.

I hope everyone who has the option will vote yes to medical mj in November! Lets keep this train rolling!

My history is that I am very knowledgeable on all things cannabis, since 1995.
If you have any questions about vaps or JWH-018 let me know.... :) LOL

#9 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by canadianhippie View Post
I hope you dont mind ~D~ , I think this is great.

Not at all... I'm actually a little flattered that you liked the quote I searched up when transferring over to the summer thread. It is a good one... The links are the same ones that get carried over from season to season,but I haven't checked them recently to make sure they are all still working. It seems that most of the mamas that were around when I first joined this tribe aren't posting anymore
I believe that's where they came from.

I am subbing for now, will post more later.
Thank you for the fresh new thread!! I look forward to learning & sharing with everyone!!

#10 ·
Subbing. Dh and I have been partaking for just over a year now. We had never tried it because of belonging to a conservative christians. Once we stopped dh wanted to try that almost immediately. It has helped both of us a lot. We don't know many smokers yet. Hoping to meet more. Hoping for legalization. Or to move to a legal location.

#11 ·
thats sounds like a dream job mountaingirl79!

I was wondering, do you mama's cut tobacco with your spliffs? I dont use bongs, vapourizers (because of $$) or pipes...just good old fashioned zigzags.

#14 ·
really? its to allow the really sticky stuff to smoke properly, if you add to dry, it would just be a preference.

I feel I have a stigma attached to bong/pipe etc. smoking, I guess I feel like a drug fiend, especially with a pipe, I think of people using pipes to smoke other drugs, and with bongs, people taking a big hit (or more) quickly seems like its just to get as high as possible, i feel like thats how addicts behave. If i smoke, I enjoy the process of it all and puffing back slowly/ taking my time. I am alone on this one? I COMPLETELY AND UTTERLY do NOT look down upon those that do, so I dont want you to think im one of "those" its just a preference. I would use a vap, if I had the chance, strictly because of toxins and smoke it removes. Id miss a good ol fashion spliff though

#15 ·
Huh. I think of bongs as social things; I can't imagine having one for myself, but if I frequently had friends over to smoke it would make sense. I like the one-hitter a lot, because packing a bowl when it's just me seems kind of silly and wasteful and because it means I don't have to worry about papers.

#17 ·
I never enjoyed joints cut with tobacco, maybe just because I really dont like tobacco period, lol.

I mostly love good old fashioned joints and bowl/one-hitter pipes...for similar reasons mentioned above... I often am just too lazy to roll one...lol

Does anyone have any experience, knowledge or research/info related to mj and mental disorders?

#18 ·
We don't use rolling papers, I really hate smoking actually. I prefer to vape and we do all the time unless we are out somewhere we don't have access to a plug. We have a bong and a couple of pipes too. Hubby likes to bong, it's his preference, but he vapes with me because he knows it's my favorite. Plus it makes it last sooo much longer. I can vape a batch twice and then we use the rebake to make hash, so it's like three times the love. Very cost efficient for this frugalista..lol

I love the medicine, but not the smoke that kills your lungs, so vaping for me is the best option. Next would be baking, but we just don't have the supply to bake with at the moment.

As far as mental disorders, what ones are you referring too? Hubby has depression/anger issues that he takes zoloft for and the mj helps him immensely. I have chronic pain and it helps me as well. My doctor is VERY cool and has already said that when we get legal here, there is a script waiting for both of us
So nice to have an amazing doctor(who I called on her cell on the 4th when Lea cut her head open and the dr was pressuring us to give her a tetanus shot..she called me back as soon as she got the message at 10:15pm and told me I made the right choice <3 I love her so much! How many drs you know will call you personally to answer questions-especially aboout no vax-at 10 at night? I want to marry her! LOL)

Hope you are all escaping the heat(here in NH it is 104 today! GAG) and having a fabo summer so far! It's almost fall!!! hehe

#19 ·
I am MJ mama too! Have felt off and on guilty for using since my kids were born but now that they are a bit older ( 5 and 2) I find I like myself and the mother I am a whole lot more when I am using MJ. My hubby really enjoys me too b/c I am not so anxious and moody. I don't use daily but I do use weekly although I have considered going daily.

It's amazing how much more in tune with my children I am when smoke MJ. I enjoy every single second with them and the most simple things become so amazing. I am more patient and understanding. I really hear them when they speak and I think that they enjoy me more when I am tuned into them like that. Anyone else feel similar?

Just moved to California and think I have a good case for a medical mj card so I am looking into it. I get nervous when I think about having to present my case on it though so really I just wish I had a steady source with the same kind of options as a MJ dispensary. Wish it was just easier to find a MJ source in a new place. I don't even know how one goes about it! My stash will soon run out and who knows when I will happen upon a connection
For that reason alone a medical mj card would be really helpful. Any Cali mamas that have a card?

#20 ·
Makalani, I am far, far away in Asheville NC....But I have some dispensaries in CA that are my clients, they buy legal accessories for their business from me. ( Vaps and grinders and such) Maybe this link will help??:http://americanmarijuana.org/
If you want to know of any that I know personally, let me know..
Also, don't be ashamed! :)

Canadianhippie, I dont cut my J's with tobacco, I find that the tobacco with it makes me a little dizzy. I think that may be due to my inhaling too deep, so I think it is just me. Dh likes spliffs with no dizziness.

Just checking in. Much love mamas!

#21 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by makalani View Post
It's amazing how much more in tune with my children I am when smoke MJ. I enjoy every single second with them and the most simple things become so amazing. I am more patient and understanding. I really hear them when they speak and I think that they enjoy me more when I am tuned into them like that. Anyone else feel similar?
Absolutely! That is me almost word for word!

#23 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by NewDirections View Post
Makalani,
I have a card in CA, what do you want to know?
Hi NewDirections! Well I have a brother who has gone through the process in Montana and has his card but he said he has heard that the states with a mmc program are " really cracking down" and making it really diffucult to get a card. Have you heard of anything like this in CA? Did you go through one of the clinics who specializes in the mmc process or just your regular doctor. I feel nervous about presenting myself for the card. I don't know why but I just feel like I will be on trial! Like will I get the right combination of words out at the right time so that I am deemed worthy ya know? Going to be honest but also know that I am sort of "selling it" too. Does that make sense? This nervousness and anxiety has kept me from making an appointment.

#24 ·
Hi Makalani,

I picked a clinic that specializes in mmc. It was about $100 for the clinic visit. I was told to bring some medical evidence that supports my need for medical marijuana. They said you can bring in x-rays, prescriptions, dr records, etc. I brought in my zoloft bottle and when I talked to the dr I told him about how mj really helps for my anxiety/depression. He wrote my rx and I took it to a dispensary and bought some mj. It was not a difficult process.

I haven't heard about the state cracking down. It seems in CA the process to get a mmc is almost a formality. There are so many conditions that mj is helpful for. You just need to show something to support your need for green medicine.

I love it that someone in the spring thread refered to mj as an herb
(I can't remember who it was, remind me
)It is an herb that makes so many people feel better. I feel that the government doesn't have a right to say who can use an herb and who can't. If catnip is totally legal why isn't weed? It's ok if cats get high and not humans

Makalani, let me know if you have any more questions

Peace and love mamas

#26 ·
It's good to see so many new names on here, welcome all

The convo on what everyone's smoking out of is interesting to me...I have pretty much everything but use my vape the most just for the health factor and i feel more comfortable using that with a baby around my small apt. However, bongs are my favorite! it's retired now, we just get it out very rarely for special occasions
. Dh uses a pipe and i share sometimes, for the social aspect of it. His fav is joints, but never spliffs-i really don't know anyone that does that anymore I guess. I think joints are so bad on the smoke factor and not very economical so we don't use them much.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.