Congrats!

Claire, mommy to Robbie (8/23/08) and Brena (4-22-11) and wifey to Joe

#182 of 263 Old 09-28-2010, 09:44 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaerynPearl View Post
AFM - Mae ended up choosing her own birthday... which ended up being the most perfect.

I did mention that it was going to end up raining the day she was born and yesterday had to have been the RAINIEST day of the past month...

Love her name! Jean is my (and my mother's and grandmother's) middle name.

#183 of 263 Old 09-28-2010, 10:14 AM

Welcome to this world little Mae!!!!

Katie I really hope things start looking up for you guys!

Kourtney, happily married to my soldier and raising ds 7/08 .... dd 7/10..... and ds 11/11

#184 of 263 Old 09-28-2010, 10:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by justKate View Post

Love her name! Jean is my (and my mother's and grandmother's) middle name.
Mine too... and DD1s... DD1 was named after me, I was named after two aunts, both grandmas, great grandmas, etc.

Mae was named after DHs moms middle name! lol just happened to be Jean too!

Artist, photographer, stay-at-home-mom and Marine wife. Mom to 4; a boy and three little girls.
#185 of 263 Old 09-28-2010, 11:28 AM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
I was told:
1. They're not going out to the field, they're going to a different state. My DH's best friend and coworker's wife had a baby girl (their first child) last time they went there, emergency c-section at 32 weeks and baby in NICU and they *still* didn't bring him home early.
2. The 'order' was from the general of the base. No one in his company agrees with it and they're trying to have it reversed but they haven't had any luck yet. Someone, I don't know who, will have a phone in case of an emergency (what they consider an emergency I'm not sure) but as of right now its an article 15 for anyone else to bring a cell phone to NTC because some dumba** injured himself while climbing a truck trying to get a signal.

This Mommy and Military Daddy are loving their son.
DS born Dec 2010 Pregnant with #2, having another !
#186 of 263 Old 09-28-2010, 11:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WifeofAnt View Post
I was told:
1. They're not going out to the field, they're going to a different state. My DH's best friend and coworker's wife had a baby girl (their first child) last time they went there, emergency c-section at 32 weeks and baby in NICU and they *still* didn't bring him home early.
2. The 'order' was from the general of the base. No one in his company agrees with it and they're trying to have it reversed but they haven't had any luck yet. Someone, I don't know who, will have a phone in case of an emergency (what they consider an emergency I'm not sure) but as of right now its an article 15 for anyone else to bring a cell phone to NTC because some dumba** injured himself while climbing a truck trying to get a signal.
Ugh.

#187 of 263 Old 09-28-2010, 12:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WifeofAnt View Post
I was told:
Ah yes, the idiot rule.. when DH was in OCS, he was on total lockdown for most of it (i.e. zero contact, no leaving the post on weekends when there was no instruction etc.) because two Officer Candidates in a prior class had died in a car accident while driving under the influence in Alabama without a valid pass off post. So basically, two Soldiers completely broke the rules by leaving post and driving to a neighboring state, then DUI and having accident, so therefore all follow-on Officer Candidates must suffer. My DH left for OCS two days after our youngest DS was released from the NICU, and DS' health was still pretty poor at the time, so DH needed to be able to check in on us. Mind you, this is not BCT we are talking about.. Soldiers selected for OCS are usually mature individuals who have met the requirements (both educationally and professionally) to become commissioned officers. The actions of boneheads should not impact the majority of Soldiers who take their jobs seriously and merely want/need to be in touch with their Families.

Tabitha ~ devoted wife to my best friend Stephen ribbonyellow.gif and gentle Christian mom to six DSs: notes.gif E - 2/09/00REPlaySkateboard04HL.gifA - 3/05/03superhero.gifA- 6/05/06 guitar.gif H- 2/07/08 jog.gif J - 11/14/10 bouncy.gif T - 8/23/12 + stork-suprise.gif due 9/20/14!  brokenheart.gif DD Janae 10/19/09 angel2.gif
#188 of 263 Old 09-28-2010, 12:22 PM

Katie: I'm glad that the unit transfer situation seems to be straight-forward. Fingers crossed that your DH finds a great job in VA or MD and can switch to a new unit that might possibly be more squared away than the NY unit!

MP: Congrats on little Mae! I saw her pic on your DDC thread - she is a beauty! Enjoy that babymoon.

Oh, and did I mention...

DH has been home for two weeks, and all is very well! He is so good at reintegrating himself back into family life. I have four blissed out DSs who are so thrilled to have his care and attention, and I'm finally getting some much needed respite from the physical aspects of caring for everyone while in my 3rd tri of pregnancy. I'm just shy of 33 weeks now, and looking forward to having 6-8 more weeks of time and energy to nest with my family intact.

Tabitha ~ devoted wife to my best friend Stephen ribbonyellow.gif and gentle Christian mom to six DSs: notes.gif E - 2/09/00REPlaySkateboard04HL.gifA - 3/05/03superhero.gifA- 6/05/06 guitar.gif H- 2/07/08 jog.gif J - 11/14/10 bouncy.gif T - 8/23/12 + stork-suprise.gif due 9/20/14!  brokenheart.gif DD Janae 10/19/09 angel2.gif
#189 of 263 Old 09-28-2010, 12:29 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soul-O View Post
Ah yes, the idiot rule.. when DH was in OCS, he was on total lockdown for most of it (i.e. zero contact, no leaving the post on weekends when there was no instruction etc.) because two Officer Candidates in a prior class had died in a car accident while driving under the influence in Alabama without a valid pass off post. So basically, two Soldiers completely broke the rules by leaving post and driving to a neighboring state, then DUI and having accident, so therefore all follow-on Officer Candidates must suffer. My DH left for OCS two days after our youngest DS was released from the NICU, and DS' health was still pretty poor at the time, so DH needed to be able to check in on us. Mind you, this is not BCT we are talking about.. Soldiers selected for OCS are usually mature individuals who have met the requirements (both educationally and professionally) to become commissioned officers. The actions of boneheads should not impact the majority of Soldiers who take their jobs seriously and merely want/need to be in touch with their Families.
Very true

I would make sure you have several contacts to get in touch with before they go, there will at least be a few CO's with cell phones. Call his CO and ask straight up for a point of contact because you're very pregnant and need to get in touch with him should anything happen. There will also be people in offices with phones, it may end up being a situation where you have to call one person who calls another who calls another. I've been in your shoes and definitely feel for you

ribbonyellow.gif Army wife ribbonyellow.gif - Mama to Liam waterbirth.jpg (9/07), Laine uc.jpg (5/09), and Eliza h20homebirth.gif (7/11)

#190 of 263 Old 09-28-2010, 12:31 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soul-O View Post
DH has been home for two weeks, and all is very well! He is so good at reintegrating himself back into family life. I have four blissed out DSs who are so thrilled to have his care and attention, and I'm finally getting some much needed respite from the physical aspects of caring for everyone while in my 3rd tri of pregnancy. I'm just shy of 33 weeks now, and looking forward to having 6-8 more weeks of time and energy to nest with my family intact.
That's wonderful, Tabitha! I'm so glad everyone is adjusting well and you're getting the break you very much deserve, now it's just count down to baby time

ribbonyellow.gif Army wife ribbonyellow.gif - Mama to Liam waterbirth.jpg (9/07), Laine uc.jpg (5/09), and Eliza h20homebirth.gif (7/11)

#191 of 263 Old 09-28-2010, 11:33 PM - Thread Starter

He got an email today telling him to put his packet in for promotion. The reason they're doing it is because they have no job for him, of course, so it makes sense to promote him in June instead of waiting until after their deployment like they originally planned when they thought they had an LT slot for him.

I don't think it really makes a difference in the grand scheme of things anyway. He might be able to submit paperwork in June to get out of the national guard and go active duty but if that doesn't work out we still have to have a backup plan. DH is having a hard time adjusting to the fact that he really had to start looking for a civilian job. Things are predictable to a certain extent for him I guess. I guess I'm just tired of never knowing what's going to happen next and feeling the need to plan for something tangible.

#192 of 263 Old 09-29-2010, 08:29 PM

o finally got to check in with OB at our new place, Being seen so far at Nation Naval Medical Center (NNMC) in Bethesda, and sadly i can say without hesitation that htey kida pretty much suck. i miss Ft Lewis and Madigan already and i never thought i would be saying that.

they wont let me be the midwife team because of the twins, not that i think that would make a big difference, since even the midwife said "its basically the same thing" if she thinks her job as a midwife is basically the same as a ob, she is doing it wrong!

anyway the tour of L&D was just as bad, no food or anything but clear liquid, no tubs, no wireless or intermittent monitoring, and all twins are birthed in the OR

So......

im looking at switching to TriCare Standard and going to the midwife that i have heard is so great around here. it would mean getting my final appointments nearly an hour away and being that same hour away from the hospital that she has privileges at if i wanted to do a home birth or deciding ahead of time to do a hospital birth with her from the start and go up there when my labor starts. i have a initial meet and greet with her and her team on the 7th, so will know a lot more at that point.

??
does anyone know when they count a year from on Standard? is it calender year or from the date of start up for your Catastrophic cap, deductible and such things?

partners.gif 2twins.gif  So what if I don't fit cleanly into a defined parenting style, my kids don't fit into a personality archetype either!

#193 of 263 Old 09-30-2010, 03:28 PM

I think it's from the moment you switch. I personally love Standard. I love the choice. We have it even in Europe. It is really not that much more expensive and it was totally, totally worth it to have the baby at home instead of at Madigan.

It's not that the stay-at-home-parent gets to stay home with the kids. The kids get to stay home with a parent. Lucky Mom to DD1 (4 y) and DD2 (18 mo), Wife to Mercenary Dad
#194 of 263 Old 09-30-2010, 07:23 PM

omg we are flooding!!!!

aaaah!

hope you other ladies dealing with this rain are okay!!!!!

Artist, photographer, stay-at-home-mom and Marine wife. Mom to 4; a boy and three little girls.
#195 of 263 Old 09-30-2010, 07:45 PM

Oh no! We're fine here...wondering about our rental, but I think it's probably ok. It's on the other side of the park from MW. I'm about to brave the lake in the back yard to put the chickens away!

-Shannon, momma to H reading.gif 8/03, N heartbeat.gif 9/06, & P homebirth.jpg 8/11, missing S brokenheart.gif born at 11 wks 1/09 

#196 of 263 Old 09-30-2010, 08:29 PM

I've been thinking about you all with all this rain! It finally stopped here sometime this morning, but we've been right on the edge of the line of rain all day. You can look back east and see the great mass of black clouds.

#197 of 263 Old 09-30-2010, 08:48 PM

raining soaking wet cats and soggy dogs here in DC, local flooding in a few places, its strange to be over here where these storms are so warm! so far its a great change of pace from the rain in the NW that is coming down from the arctic and ice cold

partners.gif 2twins.gif  So what if I don't fit cleanly into a defined parenting style, my kids don't fit into a personality archetype either!

#198 of 263 Old 09-30-2010, 08:57 PM

looks like the deductible and Catastrophic cap are figured out per fiscal year, so that mean Oct 1- Sept 30, so it really would not matter when between now and the birth that i switched over. good info got that info here

now also looking at POS options, so that i would stay on Prime, i guess the worry i have is not financial since the catastrophic cap seems to control that, its trouble being seen, but that trouble might end up that im with way better civilian doctors for other care, maybe switching is for the best, its looking more and more like that

#199 of 263 Old 09-30-2010, 09:17 PM

This was the view from just in front of our house this evening. And it still poured for a while after that.

#200 of 263 Old 10-01-2010, 12:00 AM

Wow... that flooding is crazy! Please stay safe!!!

And hey... where is the pic of little Mae at?!?!

Kourtney, happily married to my soldier and raising ds 7/08 .... dd 7/10..... and ds 11/11

#201 of 263 Old 10-01-2010, 11:31 AM

Here is a pic of her just moments after her birth (DH is texting a pic of her to our mothers, not ignoring me/her for his phone lol)

then you can go through the other pics in that photostream to see more of her

#202 of 263 Old 10-01-2010, 11:44 AM

MP, read your birth story on the other thread. So happy for you. LOVE the photo of your DH with Mae in the wrap. Priceless.

#203 of 263 Old 10-01-2010, 11:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaerynPearl View Post
This was the view from just in front of our house this evening. And it still poured for a while after that.
Oy! Stay safe, Mae!

#204 of 263 Old 10-03-2010, 04:35 PM

Halfway through DHs 10 day paternity leave and already wishing it were over.

#205 of 263 Old 10-03-2010, 04:49 PM

I remember being so grateful when dh was finally back at work after R. was born. It always seems like when he is home for extended periods of time he makes messes and upsets our routine.

#206 of 263 Old 10-03-2010, 09:39 PM

MP- your post made me laugh. That's exactly how I felt when DH came home for our little one's birth

I mean, I needed his support through labor, but after that? Not so much ha. It really threw things off at home.

Thinking of you and your family!!!

#207 of 263 Old 10-03-2010, 11:22 PM

Thank goodness I am not the only one! That makes me feel so much better that its not him, its normal.

Well I mean... it IS him. But its normal to feel this way because of it.

#208 of 263 Old 10-04-2010, 02:54 PM

It's him, but he's not the only one.

It's not that the stay-at-home-parent gets to stay home with the kids. The kids get to stay home with a parent. Lucky Mom to DD1 (4 y) and DD2 (18 mo), Wife to Mercenary Dad
#209 of 263 Old 10-05-2010, 12:13 PM

AGH didn't realize until last night that this weekend is Columbus day

so he has to work half of Thursday, half of Friday and back to work normal on Tuesday...

Mae is such a daddy's girl... this means he only works two half days out of 17 days!

Since I went into labor on a Monday morning he never went into work that day and his PTAD was put in just after she was born that afternoon...

oh baby girl, i see how it is, spoil daddy and torture mommy....

#210 of 263 Old 10-05-2010, 07:44 PM

I didn't know that this was a short week until yesterday, either!
I was told to make sure everyone had vehicle inspections done, and I was confused. I will gladly take Fri and Mon off!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page