Cannabis Mamas and MJ lovers - Page 3 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#61 of 184 Old 04-02-2012, 05:35 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mal85 View Post

Hi all. I used to post a little to these threads, but kind of lost track a while back. I'm having a bit of an issue right now...

First off, I'm pregnant, we're expecting our second baby and are so excited! I'm 11 weeks along right now. The only thing that has kept my evening nausea at bay the last several weeks has been my good, green friend. Just a couple of hits around dinner time has made me able to eat a good dinner and keep it down. 

Secondly... I have also been job hunting the last several months. Shortly before finding out I was pregnant, I went and took a few exams to be put on a list for jobs with the state I live in. I had stopped smoking in case I got a call, but found out what a long shot it was, so I had taken it up again, but pretty lightly.

Well, I got a letter with an invitation for an interview. I stopped smoking as soon as I got it and called yesterday to set up an interview, they already want me to come in this Friday! I'll but just a week out of having stopped smoking. I was smoking daily, but only a couple/few hits a day in the late evening. As I said before, I have stopped here and there in the last several months what with the job hunting and possibility of having to test for a job. So, it hasn't been consistent usage, although when I do smoke it is daily... clear as mud?

So, anyway, if I get offered this job, I'll have to pee for it. Anything I can do to help get this out of my system quickly? And safe to do while pregnant. I am so scared of being the pregnant woman that fails the drug test, how bad would that look on my part?! I've been drinking tons of water anyway because it's the only drink that sounds good to me right now. My nausea has, luckily, really let up in the last two weeks, so I've been doing okay without it and had already planned to quit smoking as soon as the morning sickness let up. 

When is the soonest I could hope to pee clean? A good friend of mine says he has never failed a test by just drinking a gallon of water the morning of the test, taking a B-6 vitamin to make his pee yellow... is drinking that much water at one time safe while I'm pregnant? I'll take any suggestions I can get!

Eating a lot of poppy seeds can create a false positive so you could act naive and mention having eaten a bunch of poppy seed bread/muffins, etc. Worked for someone I know.

#62 of 184 Old 04-04-2012, 12:27 AM

Poppy seeds make you test positive for opiates. I know many people who have tested negative by drinking a ton of water. I never heard the trick about B12. A friend in the drug court field once told me that the test for mj is extremely expensive and a lot of employers don't want to pay for it. Who knows

living with alopecia universalis (google it), learning alongside my children DD 2003blahblah.gif DS 2007fencing.gifDD 2011jog.gif

#63 of 184 Old 04-04-2012, 02:53 AM

Happy Holidays!!http://www.infoocean.info/avatar3.jpg

#64 of 184 Old 04-13-2012, 02:35 PM

broc1.gif

treehugger.gifAutistic pagan mama with five kiddos on the spectrum, learning through living life. autismribbon.gif  computergeek2.gif

#65 of 184 Old 04-26-2012, 08:37 PM

Hey mamas,

not sure how active this thread is, but I'm hoping to get some feedback/insight from you wise ladies. I don't smoke (I could never relax enough to enjoy it :/ ) but my hubby does....quite a bit. Now that our son is getting older and more aware (he's 2) I'm wondering how to approach his papa's smoking. I don't have a problem at all with my son seeing/knowing that his dad smokes, I'm just a little unsure of how to frame it so that my son understands it's something only for adults, and not something we share with people outside the family. Does that make sense?

Last weekend at my best friend's house, my little guy came across a bag of catnip in the cabinet. He brought it to me saying "Daddy, daddy." It took me a second to get it, but then we all laughed hysterically (he thought it was his dad's bag of MJ.) It was funny, but it also made me realize how aware my son already is about his papa's habit. I guess my concern is that eventually he'll be confused by the message outside our home that MJ is bad/evil/dangerous/a gateway drug/etc, and the knowledge that it's something his papa really enjoys and uses responsibly. I know all this is a ways off, but I figure it's never too late to lay the groundwork for these sorts of beliefs and values. 

Thoughts ladies? Do your kiddos know you smoke? If so, how do you frame it for them?

~may all beings be free from suffering~
#66 of 184 Old 04-26-2012, 08:47 PM

I no longer smoke but an ex of mine did and his dd found a bowl in the house- i freaked and then said clearly- this is a sculpture and we will never discuss it again- surely not my best parenting ever.

I am sure some of the other mamas will have better advice for you.

mdcblog5.gifsaynovax.giffambedsingle2.gifhomebirth.jpg

#67 of 184 Old 04-28-2012, 07:06 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by gitanamama View Post

Hey mamas,

not sure how active this thread is, but I'm hoping to get some feedback/insight from you wise ladies. I don't smoke (I could never relax enough to enjoy it :/ ) but my hubby does....quite a bit. Now that our son is getting older and more aware (he's 2) I'm wondering how to approach his papa's smoking. I don't have a problem at all with my son seeing/knowing that his dad smokes, I'm just a little unsure of how to frame it so that my son understands it's something only for adults, and not something we share with people outside the family. Does that make sense?

Last weekend at my best friend's house, my little guy came across a bag of catnip in the cabinet. He brought it to me saying "Daddy, daddy." It took me a second to get it, but then we all laughed hysterically (he thought it was his dad's bag of MJ.) It was funny, but it also made me realize how aware my son already is about his papa's habit. I guess my concern is that eventually he'll be confused by the message outside our home that MJ is bad/evil/dangerous/a gateway drug/etc, and the knowledge that it's something his papa really enjoys and uses responsibly. I know all this is a ways off, but I figure it's never too late to lay the groundwork for these sorts of beliefs and values. 

Thoughts ladies? Do your kiddos know you smoke? If so, how do you frame it for them?

Good question! My son just turned 2 and I'm sure I'll have the same issue. DH smokes a LOT and we have not been concerned about DS seeing it. I guess it's about time we should be. I also don't want to act like it's bad and forbidden. I was probably just gonna wait until he starts saying something about it to address it. Right now he's still young and it's just one of those things that's "daddy's", which he's young enough to respect and not care! 

Lovin my boys jumpers.gifDH, DS1 (4/7/10), and DS2 (2/19/12)...and - surprise! - another on the way
#68 of 184 Old 05-15-2012, 10:38 PM

Hi Everyone! Seriously thinking of leaving the country for a prayer on the highest mountain type vacation. We never keep it around and now I am in a really different sort of area.. it is never around with friends. I am not sure why I have such a longing. I guess I really feel like I need to figure some very big choices about where to raise my kids (lifestyle) and that is pretty open for us, but family is on the East Coast. Anyway.. I just read someone else's thread that really fit me.. I need a retreat. Hugs! All of you with our green friend, please send some energy (in a prayer) my way :D next time you feel so much clarity and happiness.

Leslie, organic semi-unschooling mama teaching my children 5 and 2.75, that love & happiness is most important. Letting their light shine, finding out they are teaching me. Love being in the moment & nature.

#69 of 184 Old 06-14-2012, 01:21 PM

New to this thread. Moving back to CA in a couple of months and planning on getting a script again. I had one 5 years ago for migranes but stopped getting migranes when I was first preggo. Anyways hopefully I'll get a script and be able to start a room within a month of getting there. Any other mamas run their own rooms?

be good family...

#70 of 184 Old 06-15-2012, 12:47 PM

what is a room?

mdcblog5.gifsaynovax.giffambedsingle2.gifhomebirth.jpg

#71 of 184 Old 06-15-2012, 02:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mom31 View Post

what is a room?

a place with four walls and 'stuff' on the inside ;) green stuff that is...

be good family...

#72 of 184 Old 06-15-2012, 03:18 PM

Hi everyone!
I Am looking for some advice. Haven't had Mj in over two years. I got pregnant, we moved from our surroundings, Dh doesn't partake, etc. etc. However, I had terrible postpartum depression with dd. Like massive anxiety attacks, intrusive thoughts, the works. As a result I started taking an rx.
I got better, thank goodness, but here I am 30 weeks pregnant again, and I am getting nervous about the ppd. I am taking preventative measures this time, such as placenta encaps, planning a Homebirth with incredibly supportive midwives, and I am just all around a completely different person this time around.
So back to my original question. I would rather take up smoking, tinctures, food, whatever...then get back on meds. Dh jokingly has mentioned how much I have needed it thru the years, but I am concerned that he will think it is too "out there" for him if I truly did decide to get a card (which is a whole 'nother thing that worries me). How can I make it not seem so taboo? Dh stems from conservative medical folk, and although he is closer to a happy, down to earth guy, I am afraid that he will think I can't be a very good stay at home mom.
Thoughts?
#73 of 184 Old 06-15-2012, 10:55 PM

poppylove what state are you in?

Mamayogibear my DH tends to a "room" for my terminally ill FIL who is now bed ridden. How will that work for you with the RV?

living with alopecia universalis (google it), learning alongside my children DD 2003blahblah.gif DS 2007fencing.gifDD 2011jog.gif

#74 of 184 Old 06-16-2012, 04:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by trekkingirl View Post

poppylove what state are you in?

Mamayogibear my DH tends to a "room" for my terminally ill FIL who is now bed ridden. How will that work for you with the RV?

I still haven't gotten an RV. My plan was to get one if I were to stay here (not CA) since I would have to pay 600+ in daycare each month and it is just not possible for me to pay that and rent with my low income! However in CA my kids could be in daycare and I could afford to pay rent.

However I have had these bizzare visions of a raised roof 40 foot 'toy hauler' with a grow in the toy portion. I think if a bus had 8 foot cielings and a 8x 10 space in the back it would be possible;) But then boondocking would not really be an option since I'm not sure if solar could power 2000W=+ constantly....

be good family...

#75 of 184 Old 06-17-2012, 07:18 PM - Thread Starter

Poppy - maybe have some research/facts ready when you talk to DH in case? I think explaining your feelings and backing up mj's benefits would be the way to go:) If he remembers or knows about how bad your PPD was he will probably agree you should do anything (natural) to help it and still be an awesome mama!

We're wanting to build a "room'. Something small for outside probably, just have't gotten to it yet!

Lovin my boys jumpers.gifDH, DS1 (4/7/10), and DS2 (2/19/12)...and - surprise! - another on the way
#76 of 184 Old 11-11-2012, 01:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by poppylove View Post

Hi everyone!
I Am looking for some advice. Haven't had Mj in over two years. I got pregnant, we moved from our surroundings, Dh doesn't partake, etc. etc. However, I had terrible postpartum depression with dd. Like massive anxiety attacks, intrusive thoughts, the works. As a result I started taking an rx.
I got better, thank goodness, but here I am 30 weeks pregnant again, and I am getting nervous about the ppd. I am taking preventative measures this time, such as placenta encaps, planning a Homebirth with incredibly supportive midwives, and I am just all around a completely different person this time around.
So back to my original question. I would rather take up smoking, tinctures, food, whatever...then get back on meds. Dh jokingly has mentioned how much I have needed it thru the years, but I am concerned that he will think it is too "out there" for him if I truly did decide to get a card (which is a whole 'nother thing that worries me). How can I make it not seem so taboo? Dh stems from conservative medical folk, and although he is closer to a happy, down to earth guy, I am afraid that he will think I can't be a very good stay at home mom.
Thoughts?

I would seriousy look into Saint Johns Wort! <3 While Cannabis is awesome it isn't a first choice for PPD usually. SJW is an L2 for lactation (really pretty safe) & indicated for mild to moderate depression & really well studied. I used it after DS2 & it really did help! <3
#77 of 184 Old 11-18-2012, 08:21 PM

Omg I'm a new momma and its so refreshin to find cannabis mommass!! I use for medical reasons of course and it was the oly thing that helped me in my first and second trimesters. Juss wanted to say hii mommams, lookin for fellow cannabis mommas to chat with =) don't really have any friends since I became a momma =/ don't you hate how that happens to sum lol oh well , juss move on to others who will stick with you no matter how many kids you have or don't have =)
#78 of 184 Old 11-20-2012, 10:31 PM

welcome to MDC mommaseahorse

#79 of 184 Old 11-21-2012, 04:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by trekkingirl View Post

welcome to MDC mommaseahorse
thank youu =) I look forward to connectin wit fellow mommas =)
#80 of 184 Old 11-28-2012, 06:11 PM

Anyone out know about using medical marijuana to treat Postpartum depression?? I'm really desperate to get some help. Never used cannabis before but live in California and would rather use natural means first and pharmaceuticals as a last result. Thanks for any help! (Also posted this in ppd forum)

Wife to dh_malesling.GIF ; Mama to A (M/C at 16wks 2011) angel1.gif and love-of-my-life DD M (BORN May 2012) luxlove.gif and S (M/C at 7wks June 2013) angel1.gif and rainbow1284.gif Rainbow Baby due in April 2014 3rdtri.gifjoy.gif
h20homebirth.gifnovaxnocirc.giffly-by-nursing1.giffamilybed1.gif
#81 of 184 Old 11-28-2012, 06:13 PM

Use Saint John's Wort: Legal & Cheaper & Safer. Cannabis is not considered an antidepressant by Herbalists. I love it, but it can exaccerbate depression & certainly anxiety sometimes.
#82 of 184 Old 11-28-2012, 06:19 PM

Dinahx- thanks for the reply! I've actually been using st. John's wort 300 mg 3x a day, and I've been doing that for about 2-3 weeks with no results. Do you know how long it should take to start working? Also, I had no idea it could make depression and anxiety worse. Is that a universal thing? Like no one takes it for ppd? Sorry just really new to all this

Wife to dh_malesling.GIF ; Mama to A (M/C at 16wks 2011) angel1.gif and love-of-my-life DD M (BORN May 2012) luxlove.gif and S (M/C at 7wks June 2013) angel1.gif and rainbow1284.gif Rainbow Baby due in April 2014 3rdtri.gifjoy.gif
h20homebirth.gifnovaxnocirc.giffly-by-nursing1.giffamilybed1.gif
#83 of 184 Old 11-28-2012, 11:41 PM

I'm sorry but I use cannabis for my depression and anxiety and it does not make it worse it definitely helps for me. I think it depends on the person.
#84 of 184 Old 12-02-2012, 12:04 PM

I am not saying it is not helpful in PPD or Anxiety ever, it is just not considered a primiary indication by (cannabis supportive) Herbalists. And it can sometimes exacerbate these conditions, especially anxiety . . .

SJW should take a month or two to start working. Rhodiola rosea is also considered to be a great AntiDepressant by Herbalists, Chris Killham talks about this a lot . . .

#85 of 184 Old 12-09-2012, 03:13 PM

Hi all wondering if I can join in here, I've been on this site before but forgot what my old username was, been a pot smoker since I was 15 years old and don't intend to quit that anytime soon, anyways looking forward to chatting with all of ya's!

#86 of 184 Old 12-10-2012, 10:01 AM

hi corbynsmama,welcome =)!!! Nice to meet youu!!!
#87 of 184 Old 12-10-2012, 11:19 AM

Thanks nice to meet you too

#88 of 184 Old 12-11-2012, 08:48 PM

welcome noob's

#89 of 184 Old 12-29-2012, 02:18 PM

Im a noob here, but glad to join:) I was wondering if anyone here might have some legal advice. i have my medical marijuana card (michigan) and im a breastfeeding mother. My sons father is a sociopath and hasnt been around at all. He is trying his hardest to get me in trouble and make me look like a bad mother so he or his mother (bipolar and recovering alcoholic) can get custody. He called cps on me but from my experience those people are not to be trusted, at least in my state. Does anyone know if i can get in trouble for breastfeeding and medicating. Ive done my research and talked to my sons doctor, who also said its not bad for him but im wondering on legalities.

#90 of 184 Old 12-29-2012, 05:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MommaSeaHorse View Post

I'm sorry but I use cannabis for my depression and anxiety and it does not make it worse it definitely helps for me. I think it depends on the person.

I agree- I have used it for depression primarily for several years. Anxiety also, but that seems to be a side effect of my depression. It definitely helps.

And with that I'm subbing, haha.

Newly single, chronically sleep deprived mama to my little wild thang wild.gif, born 11/17/12 

fly-by-nursing1.gif

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page