Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
no men dont get it at all!
#122 of 1821 Old 09-28-2005, 03:21 PM

I'm way down here in SW FL. It's mainstream parenting land here. Either that or all the AP mamas are hiding from me. Maybe they just don't have computers.

Wait, maybe it's me

Zen doula-mama to my spirited DS1 (2/03), my CHD (TAPVR) warrior DS2 (6/07) & a gentle baby girl (8/09)
#123 of 1821 Old 09-28-2005, 03:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjash4
Are there any from NJ (Warren County)? .
I'm in Bergen County. I'm sorry the moms around you do not practice what they preach. Not that they are overly crunchy where I am. I find myself getting crunchier the older my kids get.

Kathy-Mom to Blake & Mikaela
#124 of 1821 Old 09-28-2005, 04:00 PM

no men dont get it..
they do not understand the womans need to bond with another woman. Especially when your a mom.
I wont speak for anyone but I want that mom to mom bond. its almost to me as if its needed...
I have lost touch with all my "hippie" friends. they are all traveling the US.
hope they are well..

:LOL

Christine
#125 of 1821 Old 09-28-2005, 11:33 PM

Kweb and 3 Little Monkeys,
Thanks for responding. Kweb, we'll have to get together sometime. Maybe on a Tuesday. I love and miss the hustle and bustle of counties like Bergen and Essex (where I'm from). I'm semi-crunchie, if I understand the term correctly (holistic), but am just open minded and don't like the fact that I'm automatically labeled a freak for choosing to be careful about certain things. But women can be catty.
And 3 little Monkeys, I know the feeling and just want to say that I'm here for you if you need to talk. You could PM me if you'd like. I feel like you do even though I only have one, but still have lots to do and find that I need that connection with others just to bounce conversations around (a little cerebral, a little girly stuff, etc) and maybe that's because I don't have brothers and sisters. But I'm here if you want to talk.
Thanks again for responding. I'm not used to it. It's a nice feeling to be noticed for the things you say/feel.
Take care of yourselves.
#126 of 1821 Old 09-29-2005, 12:03 AM

Should we post a little "get to know you" type stuff? Strengthen our little tribe and get the conversation flowing? I'm not very good at asking questions or introducing myself, but I'll start:

My name is Sherri, I'm a WAHMommy to 3 girls ages 10 (will be 11 in 3 weeks) 4 1/2 and 22 mo. I'm pregnant and due mid February - don't know what we are having, don't know yet if I'm going to find out. We've got 2 dogs, had 3 but one passed away this past Sunday, and we just inherited a kitten - or she inherited us anyway.

I love to read, but have no time for it with the girls - not to mention they won't let me read unless they are asleep, which means I don't get to read much at all. I love scrapbooking - but I'm suddenly miss popularity when I attempt to do that and I just can't do it with little ones getting into everything so I'm over 5 yrs behind :LOL

Guess I'm not very exciting :LOL So who's next?
#127 of 1821 Old 09-29-2005, 01:51 AM

I'm game! Nice to meet you Sherri!!

My name's Jenni, I'm 23 years old. I have a little girly who's 4 1/2, and help to raise SO's son (whom he has custody of), who is 9 1/2. We're not married, but plan on it in the future... When? Who knows...lol We're just happy building our family together.

I'm birthmother to a beautiful little girl, who is 19 months old, and lives 3000 miles away from me.

I'm divorced from a horribly abusive man (dd's biodad), and we made the move from NJ to CA in Oct of 2004. He wants to terminate parental rights, which is perfectly fine by us, as DD considers SO her daddy, and he wants to adopt her.

Am I a soap-opera yet? lol

I have a job for 10 hours per week on the weekends, but am a SAHM otherwise. We have 2 hamsters who are my babies until we feel ready to have a child together

I *love* music, and am addicted to the TV show 'Lost'. I can be found most days hanging out on the Television forum...lol 'Lost', 'Big Brother', 'Amazing Race', 'CSI'...lol I'm kind of a boring person, I think...

Who's next?
#128 of 1821 Old 09-29-2005, 02:29 AM

I'm Alice and I'm a 30 year old SAHM. I have two children. My daughter is 4 1/2 years old and my son is 19 months old. My partner and I are not legally married and we don't ever want to be. Today is my partner's 30th birthday.

My obsession right now is cloth diapers and I can usually be found hanging around the diapering board.

-Alice, SAHM to dd (2001) and ds (2004) each of whom was a homebirth.jpg, who each self-weaned at 4.5 years bfolderchild.gif, who both fambedsingle2.gif'd, who were bothcd.gif, and both: novaxnocirc.gif.   Also, gd.gif, and goorganic.jpg!

#129 of 1821 Old 09-29-2005, 02:36 AM

WOW! Us last 3 all have 4 1/2 year olds...hehe
#130 of 1821 Old 09-29-2005, 02:37 AM

I so belong in this tribe I have lived here for over 2 years and hve no IRL friends. I have longtime friends in other states that I talk to a few times a week on the phone, but it would be so nice to have a like-minded mama to hang out with in my own town. I am Kelly, 29 yo and a military spouse. I have 4 dc (G-10, G-7, B-4, G-1) and 1 dss (17) I am going to my first LLL meeting next month and am hoping to connect with someone there

Kelly,newly single mom of four wonderful children.

#131 of 1821 Old 09-29-2005, 10:16 AM

Ill be next....
I am no good at intro's Im better at answering questions but Ill try....

My name is Christine, 31 yrs old ..mom of 2 girls Anastasia(anna) is 9 yrs old born may 13 1996 ,,,I wasnt planning on anymore when my little miss Aimee came along she is now 1 yrs old july 12 2004.
I am not married and never was and really wish not to be ...however I do live with Aimee's dad.
I do not work right now, ..I raised Anna alone and had to put her in Daycare ..I hated every second of it...now I get to be with them both and I think thats where I need to be right now , but if we should need the money of corse ill go to work..
We have one cat ..she is the greatest ..shes all black and bf named her deamon ..how nice...she is the extreme opposite thank goodness....she actually acts more like a dog if you throw her toys for her to chase after she will bring it back to you as if your playing catch with a dog and she will do this for hrs on end.. :LOL Aimee loves to pin her to the floor and oddly the cat loves it so be it ..
I to am seriously addicted to the tv show Lost its soooo great...also CSI:lv, survivor, amazing race..so you know where im at on those night ..planted in front of the TV.. :LOL
I alos like to read but where to find the time is the problem......
I hang out on Yahoo messenger a lot ...I run a moms group for all types of moms on yahoo..(link in my sig) iTs going well and I have lots of great moms in there

wow I feel as if I am rambling on and on .soo ..enough
&
Christine
#132 of 1821 Old 09-29-2005, 10:44 AM

Nice to "meet" all of you!

My name is Jilian, I'm 26 and have one DS who is 2.5 yrs. I have been seperated for a little over a year. Last year most of family (including DS's dad) moved from Boston to SW FL. I left a great supportive AP group of friends back in Boston

I work about 28 hrs a week from home (here comes the part most people find strange) I work for DS's dad (my ex husband). We are still friends, we just didn't work well as a married couple. DS goes to daycare 3 days a week for 6 hrs each day. It gives me time to get work done (that I can't do w/him around) and it gives him some interaction with other children his age.

We just had a house built and moved into it last month. We just adopted two cats from our local shelter too I am a labor doula and an aspiring midwife. I hope to start midwifery school within the next 6 mos or so.

I think thats enough about me

Zen doula-mama to my spirited DS1 (2/03), my CHD (TAPVR) warrior DS2 (6/07) & a gentle baby girl (8/09)
#133 of 1821 Old 09-29-2005, 11:21 AM

Hi, I'm Kathy. As for age-lets just say I am closer to 40 then 30. I am a WOHM to my not so little Munchkins. Blake is 7 and Mikaela is 5. DH (Andrew) and I will be married 13 years this December. We live in New Jersey and I am originally from Long Island. We also have 2 fur babies or cats-Samantha Catz & Tasha Yar.

Mjash4- I would love to meet during the week, but it would only be for my lunch hour. If you can hold out until November I will be off from work on the 10th & 11th.

#134 of 1821 Old 09-29-2005, 12:39 PM

So nice to meet everyone!
#135 of 1821 Old 09-29-2005, 12:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MomBirthmomStepmom
WOW! Us last 3 all have 4 1/2 year olds...hehe
And all 3 are girls - can you imagine what it would be like if we got them all together :LOL
#136 of 1821 Old 09-29-2005, 01:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MomBirthmomStepmom
I'm game! Nice to meet you Sherri!!

My name's Jenni, I'm 23 years old. I have a little girly who's 4 1/2, and help to raise SO's son (whom he has custody of), who is 9 1/2. We're not married, but plan on it in the future... When? Who knows...lol We're just happy building our family together.

I'm birthmother to a beautiful little girl, who is 19 months old, and lives 3000 miles away from me.

I'm divorced from a horribly abusive man (dd's biodad), and we made the move from NJ to CA in Oct of 2004. He wants to terminate parental rights, which is perfectly fine by us, as DD considers SO her daddy, and he wants to adopt her.

Am I a soap-opera yet? lol

I have a job for 10 hours per week on the weekends, but am a SAHM otherwise. We have 2 hamsters who are my babies until we feel ready to have a child together

I *love* music, and am addicted to the TV show 'Lost'. I can be found most days hanging out on the Television forum...lol 'Lost', 'Big Brother', 'Amazing Race', 'CSI'...lol I'm kind of a boring person, I think...

Who's next?
Another CA mama! I'm in Central CA, about a half hour north of Fresno
#137 of 1821 Old 09-29-2005, 01:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sustainer
I'm Alice and I'm a 30 year old SAHM. I have two children. My daughter is 4 1/2 years old and my son is 19 months old. My partner and I are not legally married and we don't ever want to be. Today is my partner's 30th birthday.

My obsession right now is cloth diapers and I can usually be found hanging around the diapering board.
: to your SO! I hang out in diapering quite a bit - my youngest is potty trained already, but I'm planning a stash for the new baby - it's so addicting!!
#138 of 1821 Old 09-29-2005, 01:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kay4
I so belong in this tribe I have lived here for over 2 years and hve no IRL friends. I have longtime friends in other states that I talk to a few times a week on the phone, but it would be so nice to have a like-minded mama to hang out with in my own town. I am Kelly, 29 yo and a military spouse. I have 4 dc (G-10, G-7, B-4, G-1) and 1 dss (17) I am going to my first LLL meeting next month and am hoping to connect with someone there
Kelly, LLL is a good place to meet people - hopefully you can connect with someone
#139 of 1821 Old 09-29-2005, 01:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by frowningfrog
I to am seriously addicted to the tv show Lost its soooo great...also CSI:lv, survivor, amazing race..so you know where im at on those night ..planted in front of the TV.. :LOL
I alos like to read but where to find the time is the problem......Christine
Hi Christine! I've never watched Lost (was never able to sit down to watch it last season - the kids always seemed to act up) but I am a die hard survivor and CSI fan! Thursday's are my "leave me alone I'm watching tv" nights - I just wish the kids would abide by that :LOL
#140 of 1821 Old 09-29-2005, 01:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jilian
Nice to "meet" all of you!

My name is Jilian, I'm 26 and have one DS who is 2.5 yrs. I have been seperated for a little over a year. Last year most of family (including DS's dad) moved from Boston to SW FL. I left a great supportive AP group of friends back in Boston

I work about 28 hrs a week from home (here comes the part most people find strange) I work for DS's dad (my ex husband). We are still friends, we just didn't work well as a married couple. DS goes to daycare 3 days a week for 6 hrs each day. It gives me time to get work done (that I can't do w/him around) and it gives him some interaction with other children his age.

We just had a house built and moved into it last month. We just adopted two cats from our local shelter too I am a labor doula and an aspiring midwife. I hope to start midwifery school within the next 6 mos or so.

I think thats enough about me
Hi Jillian! I think it's great that you and your ds's dad are still friends! It makes it so much easier on the kids involved. My parents were horrible to eachother for so long after they divorced, it was so difficult for me and my brother - theya re great friends now, but I wish they would have been friendly when we were growing up.
#141 of 1821 Old 09-29-2005, 01:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kewb
Hi, I'm Kathy. As for age-lets just say I am closer to 40 then 30. I am a WOHM to my not so little Munchkins. Blake is 7 and Mikaela is 5. DH (Andrew) and I will be married 13 years this December. We live in New Jersey and I am originally from Long Island. We also have 2 fur babies or cats-Samantha Catz & Tasha Yar.

Mjash4- I would love to meet during the week, but it would only be for my lunch hour. If you can hold out until November I will be off from work on the 10th & 11th.
Hi Kathy! My oldest dd's name is Mikayla, she'll be 11 next month Are you a Star Trek fan as well? Dh and I used to watch all the time, but it isn't on tv anymore dang it!
#142 of 1821 Old 09-29-2005, 01:10 PM

well I've enough this morning, just trying to get the conversation going
#143 of 1821 Old 09-29-2005, 01:29 PM

Well this morning has been great except I kept reminding myself to look for my bracelet that my b/f gave me for my B-day. I can't find it!!! I may have taken it off in the van (the van is basically another room in the house LOL!!) Anyhow, two kids in school and one kid just came home a few mins ago. Nothing really exciting! I am looking at the task ahead of me..CLEANING! I got most of my clothes sorted, and organized! I MADE IT FIT! (for those of you that read my lost post about CLOTHES EVERYWHERE! They were gonna fit in those damn drawers even if I had to fold them small! I am usually on the computer on certain times (not much) though! We get our oldest daughter today! I miss her so much throughout the week. Friday is going to be a blast, since we have drs appointments, groccery shopping to do, dressing shopping for my cousin's wedding on Sat., hair cut for my b/f (looks like Elbert E. - with his hair growing out!) We are planning a movie night just the two of us tonight, since he has no work, or school tomorrow! It's been a long time since we have had time together ..alone even. Anyhow, that is my day today!
#144 of 1821 Old 09-29-2005, 01:52 PM

Wow Kate! I got exhausted just reading about your day! I have an order I need to get packaged up - It's going to be heavy though so dh will have to take it to FedEx tomorrow for me, no way am I shipping it USPS if it weighs this much! I've been trying for 2 days to clean/organize my room but it just isn't happening. The kids always seem to get into things or start fighting or need something as soon as I get busy cleaning. I've got to get things organized before the baby gets here though! I have 5 months, but that's going to go by fast!
#145 of 1821 Old 09-29-2005, 02:19 PM

LOL I get exausted waking up and thinking about my day! I guess, sometimes it's overwhelming and other times I am able to just roll with the waves around here. I don't get much time for myself. Trust me! That is why I JOINED HERE! It's a different kind of lonely. It's not lonely as if there is nothing to do, its lonely as always getting so busy (and not able to do anything I WANT!!!) We went away this past weekend, to the United States to visit a friend. Bottom line of the story, I got frustrated with my b/f because we go, go, and go and I never get to do anything I wanted to do. His friend ended up in the hospital, that put a downer on our plans. An hour and a half later, in the hopsital room (3 girls, fighting, whining, screaming, having a fit) YES- IT WAS MY TURN! After all, the end of my b'/f's and his friend's conversation was "yea we will get together for sure, just call me and give me a day and time." I huffed in the hall, and his sensitive response," Are you mad at me?" Ofcourse the normal answer," No!" Then he goes," What is wrong?" I reply," Absolutely nothing." Just then he basically says," Well that is normally your response when you are upset." So out with it." I basically said," I can't have a conversation at all with our friend, the girls are screaming, and fighting, and there is you all calm and expect me to handle everything and you are making PLANS already! He responded," My plans include you hun." I was like NO, I DONT WANT TO GO - SO I CAN BE BORED? I WANT TO DO WHAT I WANT TO DO!!! Well, he took me to Olive Garden because that was something I wanted! LOL..get this, he told me to ORDER ANYTHING ON THE MENU! ..13.00 dollars later, I was a satisfied woman! Oh and he dealt with the girls, while I enjoyed my meal in peace. What can I say, he is a sweetheart
but yea it gets lonely as far as being able to do what I want to do. I guess that is part for the course of being a full time parent and spouse!
#146 of 1821 Old 09-29-2005, 02:26 PM

Hi mommas!

I wanted to join you all! I haven't been able to read the thread yet but I'll try :LOL :LOL

I'll introduce myself, I'm amanda momma to Logan and Phoenix and wife to Ed. We are currently living in VA and moved here from Australia. (My hubby is from AUS i'm from MD) We've been here almost 2 years and I have yet to make any good/close friends. I can never seem to find like minded mommas I feel so out of the loop in our natural thinking sometimes

Just wanted to say hi and also I'd LOVE a pen pal!! PM me if your interested!!!

Amanda, wife to Ed mama to Logan, Phoenix, Indigo and snuggle bunny EZRA RAIN has arrived
#147 of 1821 Old 09-29-2005, 02:43 PM

Hi everyone~
I'm new here also. I have lived in the same small town for 8years, but since I have gone back to college, I have lost many of my friends. I go to school online, so I don't even get the chance to meet new people. A few years ago, I decided that I was tired of being the friend who did everything for everyone else, and got nothing in return. So, I broke my ties with them. It has been very lonely, but I am a lot less stressed, and sad. I am having my first baby in February, and I feel so lucky to have my dh, who is my best friend. We hope to move to a more AP town in a few years after I am done with school. Hopefully I will meet some new people there!

aka ~lioneyes~ :: In love with DH :: DD 5 :: new sweet baby girl 3/14/2011~ both born at home in water
#148 of 1821 Old 09-29-2005, 02:55 PM

The friends I've had for 20 years or so still keep in touch, but we never spend any time together. One can't because she lives in HI and is stationed in Diego Garcia. I doubt we will ever get to hang out in real life again, but I'm hopeful. She wants to get out of the military, but hard to find a civilian job that can support her 4 kids.

I really miss just hanging out and shooting the breeze. It seems like the issues in my friends' lives keep them so busy that even a phone call is out of the question. I'm almost to the point of giving up on one. She doesn't bother to call or return calls and I haven't seen or heard from her in months. I'm usually the one to pick up the phone. How hard is it to take 5 minutes to pick up the phone and say "Hi"?

At what point do you mourn the loss of a friendship and just move on?

The town I live in just seems dead. No one wants to have fun anymore! I miss living in a place where I can find one or two people to have dinner with or a cookout, or drink a bottle of wine. It's very frustrating.

I love my little family, but I REALLY need interaction outside my family unit sometimes.
#149 of 1821 Old 09-29-2005, 04:30 PM

Jennifer:

I to have a friend (if you can call her that) like that ..I always call, or e mail her she never does me. Its not like I call her daily I call her once a month if that but your right if I can find the time at least once a month why she cant do the same...
We have been friends for 9 yrs ...what gives?
I guess its time to move on..
good luck ..
#150 of 1821 Old 09-29-2005, 05:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3 Little Monkeys
Hi Kathy! My oldest dd's name is Mikayla, she'll be 11 next month Are you a Star Trek fan as well? Dh and I used to watch all the time, but it isn't on tv anymore dang it!
My dh is really the big trekkie. I did enjoy watching it with him. Out of all of them Captain Janeway was my favorite. The cat got her name because DH found her in an abandoned building and she appeared to be an orphan. He felt her start in life mirrored that character.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page