Dis Mamas! - Disney moms unite! - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 819 Old 02-01-2007, 01:25 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
The place for Disney loving mamas! Do you DIS???

Our last thread was removed, so here's our new one!!
#2 of 819 Old 02-01-2007, 09:49 AM

Oh my, this would be me. We used to go every year when I was a child and now dh and I go every year. I think he loves it more than I do...he is an engineer and loves all the imagineering behind everything. We can't wait to take ds next year, he'll be just 10 months.
#3 of 819 Old 02-01-2007, 04:54 PM

subbing

I'm Andrea - I have three boys - 12 year old twins & an 11 year old

#4 of 819 Old 02-01-2007, 07:53 PM

~e, wife to my sweet T partners.gif, mama to my turtleman (8) , sunshine (6 vbac.gif), and monkey (2)
#5 of 819 Old 02-01-2007, 08:13 PM
AMJ

Hi!
#6 of 819 Old 02-01-2007, 08:24 PM

I can't wait till we go next - dh and I are going ALONE (!!) for our 10th anniversary at the end of March. we'll probably just do one night (we live 2 hours away)

while we are there we are going to buy annual passes using our play three day passes (you just pay the difference within 6 months of when you 1st used them them and then the APs are good for a year from that point also - which was the end of October)

then we are taking our big family trip in the beginning of october.

wheee!

#7 of 819 Old 02-01-2007, 08:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by baybemama View Post
Oh my, this would be me. We used to go every year when I was a child and now dh and I go every year. I think he loves it more than I do...he is an engineer and loves all the imagineering behind everything. We can't wait to take ds next year, he'll be just 10 months.
my dh loves it as much as me too - thankfully! I hear so many families say that they have to drag their dhs...

our kids love it too of course - they are as addicted to disney as we are haha

#8 of 819 Old 02-02-2007, 01:17 AM

Angie can you change the title to include the word Disney?

#9 of 819 Old 02-02-2007, 11:15 AM

Subbing too. DH and I are a bit over the top with our love of Disney world (or at least our friends and family think so.) We counted and our 5 year old has been 10 times and our 2 year old 4. We live in MI too. I think that is part of the appeal. About this time of year we just have to get out of MI and visits the mouse. So in 4 weeks from Monday DH and I are going to make a trip just the 2 of us. This is a big thing for us, we have never left the kids before.

Thanks for starting a new thread.
#10 of 819 Old 02-02-2007, 02:47 PM

Howdy again!

Now that I've gotten our reservations taken care of, do you have any tips for good counter service meals?

addicted, homeschooling, freelancing mama to DS 8. Pet mama to Harvey the Wonder Mutt :, Pnut: and Autumn : Oh, yeah, and
#11 of 819 Old 02-02-2007, 03:01 PM

I love Disney!!! I have tons of Stitch items, and I have Lilo and Stitch tattooed on me, as well as Simba
#12 of 819 Old 02-02-2007, 04:59 PM

here i am!

so - who has been to the not so scary halloween party on halloween night itself? is it an insane idea? tentatively planning an october trip for my bday (i will get to disney this year dang it!). because my bday falls so close to halloween we would kinda have to be in florida for halloween night. my dd will be crushed if she doesn't get to trick or treat.
#13 of 819 Old 02-02-2007, 07:21 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Hello all I love Disney stuff and going to Disneyland hoping to go to Disneyworld some day.
We went to the mickey Halloween party this last year it was alot of fun it wasn't to crazy we went to the one at Disneyland it was actually in the California adventure park my little one was 15 months old she loved it.
I think if you have the chance to go it is definitely worth it.

Amanda
#14 of 819 Old 02-02-2007, 07:27 PM

Nice to see another list up here for us.

Hmm, good counter service. Pecos Bill's was pretty good. I liked what I got at the Noodle Terrace but I believe they've changed their menu all around and might now be a buffet? Epcot is the best for counter service. Try Morocco or Japan, yummy! I think all but one of my table meals on my last trip came from the World Showcase. But then, I was staying at Beach Club (I love having DVC friends) and we carried a lot of the countries food back to our room. Talk about luxury.
#15 of 819 Old 02-02-2007, 07:35 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
goodcents: do they only do it one night at Disney world?
They had a bunch of different nights at Disney land last year maybe if they have different nights and you could go and still be home to trick or treat that is what we did.

Amanda
#16 of 819 Old 02-02-2007, 07:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueberrystamps View Post
goodcents: do they only do it one night at Disney world?
They had a bunch of different nights at Disney land last year maybe if they have different nights and you could go and still be home to trick or treat that is what we did.
no they do it throughout october - but our trip scheduling would mean we would essentially have to be in orlando on hallo. or flying (no!). so that is why i want to know a bit more about how wild it gets on halooween night. i got some good answers on intercot.
#17 of 819 Old 02-02-2007, 08:06 PM

we go every year but not on Halloween night itself since I hate crowds. (LOL we have to plan our trips very carefully around my hatred/phobia of crowds haha) (in fact we are finding that now that they do free dining in Oct my priously crowd free time is getting a little err crowded)

I'm sure it would be awesome though!

good counter service - columbia harbor house in MK is great - only MK? or all the parks?

#18 of 819 Old 02-02-2007, 09:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by flminivanmama View Post
we go every year but not on Halloween night itself since I hate crowds. (LOL we have to plan our trips very carefully around my hatred/phobia of crowds haha) (in fact we are finding that now that they do free dining in Oct my priously crowd free time is getting a little err crowded)

I'm sure it would be awesome though!

good counter service - columbia harbor house in MK is great - only MK? or all the parks?

You know it is funny. My DH HATES crowds. Just can't stand them. Yet his very favorite place in the whole world is WDW.

Did you guys have bad weather today? They are talking about Tornados on the news right now in FLA.

It is very true, free dining has made Sept and Oct very busy times again. Good marketing since the hurricanes a few years ago really scared off people.

I agree Columbia Harbor House is my favorite CS in all of WDW. I was going to mention it, but I already made the recommendation to her at, well lets just say a different time and place.

In AK Tusker house is very good.
in MGM pizza planet isn't really good, but fun. CS seems week at MGM. You can take a boat to Y&B and eat at Beach and cream and that is great.

There are many places at Epcot, more if you like ethnic food. We like the CS at Morocco and the fish and chips in England. There is a lot of variety at the land CS place (sunshine food fair I think, or at least that was the name of it.) It can be more $ for CS so if you are on the dining plan (as I think Rigama is) it is a great deal. We ate at Electric Umbrella last trip (in Epcot near Inoventions) and it was a pleasant surprise. It was good.

It is strange, some of the places that are "pizza or burger places" don't have kids meals of pizza or burgers. What we ended up doing often was getting 2 meals and splitting it between the 4 of us (2 adults, 2 kids, but one wasn't on the dining plan, she is too young.) That way we had some extra meals and was able to stretch them out and make them go farther (like for the last day.)

My tip is they don't split the child and adult meals up on CS, but you might find a CM that will give you a hard time ordering 3 adult meals if your card is for 2 adults and 1 child. If you split the adult meals with kids you have more then enough food, and an extra meal for later. It seems like me we wasted less food this way too.
#19 of 819 Old 02-02-2007, 09:09 PM

yep the weather was frightening today. we had one tornado or reports of tornados a little north of me (vero beach) but nothing like central florida! 14 people died - semis were knocked off I-4!

i drove down to my In laws and I was having trouble keeping my car straight.

#20 of 819 Old 02-02-2007, 09:38 PM

Quote:
yep the weather was frightening today. we had one tornado or reports of tornados a little north of me (vero beach) but nothing like central florida! 14 people died - semis were knocked off I-4!

i drove down to my In laws and I was having trouble keeping my car straight.
Wow, so glad you are ok. That sounds scary. : There is a women I know that used to live in MI and moved to Vero Beach. She was asking why FLA doesn't have tornado warning alarms like MI does. I wonder why that is? I wouldn't think we would get more since FLA gets such severe storms.
#21 of 819 Old 02-02-2007, 10:15 PM

A Disney forum. Cute.
#22 of 819 Old 02-03-2007, 01:21 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Angie can you change the title to include the word Disney?

Done!!
#23 of 819 Old 02-03-2007, 01:32 AM

Huge Disney fan here!!! We go every year, but the first year my DH practically had to drag me there ... and then I didn't want to leave!!!
#24 of 819 Old 02-03-2007, 01:47 AM

Quote:
She was asking why FLA doesn't have tornado warning alarms like MI does. I wonder why that is? I wouldn't think we would get more since FLA gets such severe storms.
i think we do

#25 of 819 Old 02-03-2007, 01:48 AM

welcome babytime & ipfree!

thanks angie!

#26 of 819 Old 02-03-2007, 10:40 AM

glad you are okay flminimom. you are so brave to drive in weather like that. i was a non-license-having-city-dweller for 12 yeras. i am JUST getting used to driving again after moving to the 'burbs about a year and half ago.

i, too, am extremely loathe to crowds. i plan, plan, plan to avoid to them. this one night we might just have to deal. although people are telling me that because it is a ticketed event it is still not like the crowdest of days at disney. we went over columbus day weekend in october once. and then last year we went at the end of april beginning of may. THAT was a great great great time. i liked it better than october actually!
#27 of 819 Old 02-03-2007, 11:06 AM

We went to the Halloween party two years ago and loved it. In 2006 we chose to skip it since our kiddos needed some more sleep. We're going again in December 2007 - but we're going before the crowds, during one of the slowest weeks of the year, and only on weekdays. That's our secret for enjoying it without the crowds.

Biggest Disney mistake we've make: doing three parks in one day. The kids were crying, and I almost was, too. But DH had his heart set on it and I hate to disappoint him.
#28 of 819 Old 02-03-2007, 11:30 AM

I only park hopped pre-kids, Raleigh mom

Good cents - I also hate to drive (it's list our phobias day in the disney thread! woot!) & so do my siblings - in fact my sister has lived in NYC for years so she wouldn't ever have to....

so anyway, yesterday was a true test of my character (ie how long can I drive with my three crazy boys laughing and screaming over farts before I snapped??)

I don't think I passed the test

#29 of 819 Old 02-03-2007, 11:34 AM

oh, also, the way we've been planning our trip itineraries is that we try to only go to the parks every other day - the middle days are for stuff like, fort wilderness, downtown disney, pool time, water parks, tea at the grand floridian, a late character breakfast, etc.

It's so much nicer that way - less pressure

#30 of 819 Old 02-03-2007, 01:21 PM

When we have AP we normally do a park each day, but not all day. We like to take the afteroons off when it gets hot and busy. We do sometimes park hop too, but one park in the am, another in the pm after nap.

Funny since getting AP we almost never seem to get around to DTD, because if it doesn't cost any more why not go to at park instead?

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page