Tattoo and Pierced Tribe II - Page 23 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#661 of 703 Old 12-19-2010, 07:53 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Tattoo/pierced mama here! I currently have my septum and left nostril done and 2 sets of holes in each ear. One set at 8g and the other I'm just now considering stretching. So I just found out I'm pregnant. I've been slowly stretching my ears for the better part of the year and am wondering if I can continue to stretch through this pregnancy? I plan on talking to my piercer to get his opinion, but I want to see what others think too.

Gina ~
mommy to E & K and #3 due 7/2011homebirth.jpg
#662 of 703 Old 12-31-2010, 05:48 PM

I bought a new ring back in October and I have recently noticed that the skin around my lip piercing is now a greyish color. What does this mean? Low-quality jewelry?

uc.jpg  lotbirth.gif   waterbirth.jpg 
#663 of 703 Old 03-02-2011, 10:12 PM

No tats, and prob not gonna get any...even though our closest friends all went and got new tats last year together my husband and I are kind of weenies with pain (though after birthing an 8 1/2 pound baby, I guess I'm not AS much of a weenie). But piercings, yeah...I'll do that!!

My husband is all for me getting my nose pierced...though he did ask me to hold off on that for a bit so as not to freak his mother out since she is still hyperventilating about my BIL's new piercing (he's also one of the ones who got tats together last year, but since he has to have all his tats in places that would be covered with his work clothes, I don't think she knows about them)!! Since I'm also planning on dreading my hair, I think we are having to pick and time our battles carefully!!

Me personally, I figure if I'm going in to get my nosed pierced I'd wanna get my cartilage pierced again at the same time. However, I've already had it pierced where I want the piercing twice (closed up both times when I took the piercing out cause of prejudice) and it's built up a fairly decent hard spot of scar tissue. When I went to get it re-pierced the first time it closed up, one of the mall places wouldn't even do it...I had to ask around and the chick at Claire's said she'd do it...but that if it closed up a second time that they wouldn't re-pierce again. Do you think I'd have a better chance of getting it re-pierced at a tattoo and piercing place? They don't seem to freak out as much about re-piercings.

Married to my computer geek since 11.04.06. Mama to our little dude Bug (born 7.14.09, peanut allergy, asthma) and our rainbow baby girl Sweetpea (born 4.14.13). Forever missing my angel babies--Riley, Paisley, and Waverley!!

Decluttering my life...

#664 of 703 Old 03-09-2011, 03:40 PM

Let's talk about tribute tattoos. Like who here has something special in Honor of their child?? Names, dates, footprints...?
#665 of 703 Old 03-19-2011, 07:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mom2snugbugs View Post

i hope this is the right place to ask this question.

I am thinking about a tattoo. I am currently tandem nursing my 4 yo and my 21 mo. My 4 yo dd nurses about 3x a week. My 21 mo ds nurses at least 2x a day, if not more. He is also still night nursing.

When I went to get a tattoo, they said I would have to stop breastfeeding because the carbon stays in my blood for at least 3 months, and it will get into my breastmilk. Can someone tell me about this?

TIA, and please point me in the right direction if this is not the place.

Haven't read the rest of the thread, but just wanted to reply to this by saying that the last tattoo I got, I breastfed my child WHILE getting inked. First time that had happened for my tattoo artist! Just thought I'd share...

hippie.gifWife to blowkiss.gifJames , treehugger.gifMama to Saraenergy.gif and Robbie bouncy.gif
knit.gifread.gifgeek.gifgd.gifh20homebirth.giffamilybed2.gif  398/2013, 2/200, 4/52

#666 of 703 Old 03-31-2011, 08:30 AM

I am itching to get a new tattoo, but having trouble coming up with a design. Most of my tattoos are music related and I also have my son's footprint on my back. I've toyed with the idea of getting a placenta print, but I'd need to have another baby first so that will have to wait. I really just want to get something representative of motherhood, but I'm sure what that's going to be. Any suggestions?

Single Mama to Vincent 3/30/09
#667 of 703 Old 04-01-2011, 07:30 AM

I am itching for new ink too, but I know exactly what I want (next two are completely mapped out, and two more ideas are brewing).  I think I am going to get my anchor on my right foot next, hopefully in early May as a congrats to first year back to college gift to myself.  While I am there doing that, I want to put a deposit down toward my right arm piece - a knitting mermaid.

My family of 3 (plus pup) Indigo (Aimee), Rob (dp), Ryne (ds) & Phebe (dog), plus my BIL's family of 3.

"The best way to predict the future is to invent it." - Alan Kay

#668 of 703 Old 04-02-2011, 03:56 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)

i got a new tattoo today!  it's itty bitty and very simple.. just the outline of Nova Scotia, where i was born.  about 2.5" long and 1" wide, on my left wrist.  i love it!!!

img_1850.jpg

Momma to K ('01), E ('03) and A ('07)
Acting as a Gestational Surrogate for my cousin, EDD Jan 17th
#669 of 703 Old 04-03-2011, 04:36 PM

Anyone getting spring body mod fever?
I'm itchin for a piercing. I have ears belly button and nipple. I had my eyebrow in the past and I'm over facial piercings. I am really into piercings on stomach/hip area. I saw A cute one that ive never seen before, on the top of a butt crack. I don't want attention there but how cool!!!
#670 of 703 Old 04-04-2011, 11:48 AM

lurk.gif

uc.jpg  lotbirth.gif   waterbirth.jpg 
#671 of 703 Old 04-04-2011, 05:47 PM

I've been thinking a lot about getting my belly button re-pierced, but I'm not sure if it's the right time yet. A couple years ago I took it out because the skin over had thinned a lot in the 6 years since I'd gotten it done, and it was a little crooked to begin. So I was going to let it heal and get it redone and then get the bottom of my belly button pierced also... but then I found out I was pregnant. I figured I do it after my son was born, but then I realized how hard it would be for it to heal with a baby on my stomach all the time. Now he's two and still climbs all over me all the time, but maybe he could stay away from it for a couple weeks while it heals. I don't know... has anyone hear ever gotten a new piercing with a curious toddler?

Single Mama to Vincent 3/30/09
#672 of 703 Old 04-11-2011, 12:06 PM

I just got my husband's name in a heart on my arm about a month ago. Here's a pic of a little of what I have going on. I am planning on getting my 2 kids' names inside of 2 hearts, hopefully for a Mother's Day gift!

bill.jpg

#673 of 703 Old 04-12-2011, 11:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laur318 View Post

Let's talk about tribute tattoos. Like who here has something special in Honor of their child?? Names, dates, footprints...?

I have my son's initials on my wrist. Nothing fancy, just a pretty script, about an inch and a half tall.

I have a tribute tattoo to the places I've lived too :)

#674 of 703 Old 04-25-2011, 03:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laur318 View Post

I have a tattoo in honor of my three daughters. It is a mother embracing three daughters, with each of my girls' birth flowers and their initials worked into the vines. I also have a cat looking at the moon on my calf, since I love kitties. :)

As for piercings, I have two holes in each ear, and my left nostril pierced (a birthday gift for myself for my 31st).

I don't have a pic of my custom piece on my computer at the moment, but here is my kitty.

Cattattoo.jpg

Mom to DD#1 8/04, nursed 43 months, DD#2 8/06, nursed 21 months and DD#3 9/08, still nursing strong
#675 of 703 Old 05-09-2011, 12:48 PM

Woot just saying hey and joining the tribe smile.gif.
Currently I have four tattoos. A pink leopard print star on my left shoulder, a quarter sized small black star on my left breast-area, a jolly roger on my right hip, and two huge flowers (representing my kids) on my right calf. Piercing wise right now I have my lip, ears, tragus, nose, and the top of my cartilage. The cartilage was an industrial but because my ears stick out (so they fold while I'm sleeping) it started bothering me because now that I'm pregnant I was only comfortable sleeping on that side and it was giving me a huge ear ache greensad.gif. Miss that industrial already greensad.gif
#676 of 703 Old 05-28-2011, 05:39 PM - Thread Starter

Someone make a new thread this one has been here for 3 years and is 34 pages long LOL

#677 of 703 Old 07-25-2011, 08:31 PM

i have a haiku on my left shoulder, but i'm looking for ideas to get a tat in tribute of the home birth of my son (21 months). anyone else here get a home birth tattoo and what does it look like?

rebecca: mama to Jack Oct09 born at home! - BF, Co-sleeping, cloth diapering, child-led solids; writer, book designer and teen mentor; dh 10+yrs (who gets to work at home!) and two cats.
#678 of 703 Old 07-26-2011, 10:36 AM

I've got a question for those of you with tattoos in different places on your bodies. Right now, I have one on my shoulder blade, and I love it, but I can't see it. I've got an appointment to talk with a highly recommended artist about another one that I'm totally jazzed about. This will be color, and gorgeous, and I want to see it! I'm having trouble decided where to place it on my body. I do work a professional job and I'm not totally opposed to having it be visible, but I think some of the more REALLY visible places are out for me, just because of my comfort level. I think the inner wrist, for example, is more than I can handle.

Any recommendations or things I should consider? I'm not worried about pain, since this is temporary, but I want to love this one every time look at it.

Beth.
Trying to be a joyful Catholic wife and mama, and taking it one day at a time!
#679 of 703 Old 07-26-2011, 12:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarahsmiles View Post

I've got a question for those of you with tattoos in different places on your bodies. Right now, I have one on my shoulder blade, and I love it, but I can't see it. I've got an appointment to talk with a highly recommended artist about another one that I'm totally jazzed about. This will be color, and gorgeous, and I want to see it! I'm having trouble decided where to place it on my body. I do work a professional job and I'm not totally opposed to having it be visible, but I think some of the more REALLY visible places are out for me, just because of my comfort level. I think the inner wrist, for example, is more than I can handle.

Any recommendations or things I should consider? I'm not worried about pain, since this is temporary, but I want to love this one every time look at it.

I have tattoos on my shoulder blades like you, and on my legs. I can either show the ones on my legs, by wearing short-ish skirts, or cover them up when I wear pants. I am now considering a tattoo on my upper arm. Those are all places that can be covered up if you want them too - they won't show if you wear a pant suit, which is what I wear for work. You can't wear short sleeves and still cover the tat if you have them on your arms, though. 

Other recommendations? Well, being happy with your artist and having seen what their previous work was like is all you really need, right?

Although, there is one other thing. If it is REALLY hot where you are right now, maybe you should wait a bit. Tats don't heal as well in hot, sweaty weather and you can't swim while it is healing. I got one tattoo done last summer and it didn't heal as well as the ones I did in winter, so I am planning to go back and have it touched up. 

I'm Olivia. I blog about physiological childbirth, homebirth, and unassisted homebirth!
#680 of 703 Old 07-27-2011, 11:26 AM

Thanks for the advice about the heat! It is super hot right now, but I think after the consult, I'll realize I cannot afford the tattoo for a while, anyway.

Beth.
Trying to be a joyful Catholic wife and mama, and taking it one day at a time!
#681 of 703 Old 08-31-2011, 02:11 PM

After my recent miscarriage, the second one in less than six months, I decided that I want a tattoo for my kids. I want two butterflies to represent my babies in heaven. I also want something to represent my one little guy too...and I want space to add a rainbow to the tattoo later should I be able to have another kiddo (a baby after loss is called a rainbow baby). 

Here's the deal though. Little dude's nickname is Bug...and there just aren't a whole lot of cute bugs out there (besides him, of course!!). I need some help to figure out either a cute bug to incorporate into my tattoo, or some other awesome way to incorporate something to represent him in with the two butterflies and hopefully eventually a rainbow!!

Married to my computer geek since 11.04.06. Mama to our little dude Bug (born 7.14.09, peanut allergy, asthma) and our rainbow baby girl Sweetpea (born 4.14.13). Forever missing my angel babies--Riley, Paisley, and Waverley!!

Decluttering my life...

#682 of 703 Old 11-20-2011, 10:49 AM

Hi

I'm a really keen tattoo and pierced mama with four piercings in each ear, two nose rings and belly button which I have accumulated over a few years , got my first piercings at four years (ears). My son, who is 5 wanted his ears pierced just like mummy, so we took him down to the studio to get it done - didnt think they would but no problem. They look really cute on him, probably will have problems at school, but I'll cross that bridge and deal with the teachers if it happens!

Buidling up my tattoo collection, butterflies and designs on shoulder blades, lovely design on my lower back, and lots of ink on my legs and feet, mainly colourful flowers, stars, starting from my thighs and working down. I am pretty much a 100% barefooter so I really wanted to show off my barefeet and legs, especially in the summer - tattoos look fantastic when walking round in shorts and summer dresses.

Both ds's and dh love the tattoo's, eldest ds always has temporary tattoo's on, but gets upset when it washes off! Told him he had to wait a couple more years before we would get him a permanent one.

I find the tattoo's are an interesting talking point when out shopping etc, many people stare and smile, which is just fine by me! 

#683 of 703 Old 11-24-2011, 10:47 AM

Just a quick update, after my previous post. Having read all the postings about all you tattood mamas I went out got some more ink! Its so addictive! Got some more flowers and patterns on my left thigh and some more butterflies on my left foot. Also got my eyebrow pierced, to add to my collection.

My MIL is bloody angry with me, mainly for getting my ds ears pierced, so we have stand up arguements about this! Went to our lawyer the other day with my boyfriend, and went barefoot with a dress on, the lawyer loved the ink on my legs and feet! I felt abit embarrassed, in a nice kinda way, at all the attention! 

#684 of 703 Old 11-25-2011, 03:43 PM

Hey mamas,

Question for ya'll: I've had nipple rings for 10 years and am now pregnant. Obvously I am going to have to take them out to breastfeed but I am wondering if I should take them out before my due date? TIA

* * * 4 * * * 8 * * * 12 * * * 16 * * * 20 * * * 24 * * * 28 * * * 32 * * * 36 * * rainbow1284.gif 40 * * *

#685 of 703 Old 11-26-2011, 11:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pookahjade View Post

Hey mamas,

Question for ya'll: I've had nipple rings for 10 years and am now pregnant. Obvously I am going to have to take them out to breastfeed but I am wondering if I should take them out before my due date? TIA

Crashing the tribe because I have just done this myself. =)

Some of the mamas here said they were able to BF with the piercings still in, but I'm too chicken to give that a try (first-time mama, I understand BF'ing can be quite uncomfy to start with, and I had one prior experience with an infected piercing that was excruciatingly painful... I just really do not want to try combining the two. I'd rather give myself the best possible chance to EBF!).

I said I'd keep mine in until they needed to come out. I put on two cup sizes, and my nipples got a lot bigger / more swollen very early in the pregnancy, such that the jewelry I had was really only barely big enough to be comfortable (and at times, depending on the amount of puffiness, could become uncomfortable; but that was always short-lived). I'm almost 39 weeks now, and I took them out last weekend. I probably could have kept them in up until delivery, but I was ready to let them go, and they were in a "good" cycle (sometimes they look perfect, sometimes they are weepy) so I wanted to take them out while they were least likely to be annoyed with me over it.

...I've had them for 9 years. My boobs look so weird without the jewelry, LOL!! ROTFLMAO.gif

Just a grad student hopelessly in love with her amazing DH and wee baby Eli (12/06/11).

1394/2012 in 2012

#686 of 703 Old 01-14-2012, 03:26 AM

Crashing here looking for an answer wave.gif I really wangt to get my nose pierced but and a complete wuss.  Yes, I know, I can give birth naturally with no meds or interventions but freak at this.  Anyway.  I was wondering if anyone had numbed their nose first?  I want one in the outer side so I hear it is pretty easy to have done.

Me namaste.gif, DH teapot2.GIFmarried 24 yrs.,DD #1 treehugger.gif(89), DD #2 blahblah.gif(91), DD #3 weadopted.gifafro.jpg(05), and DD #4 baby.gif (6/11/11)

#687 of 703 Old 01-25-2012, 07:41 AM

Ive had my nose pierced twice, but didnt use numbing, the last time was the 5th time Ive been pierced and i take it as "yea! i can do it"

Its tricky because, they swab with alcohol right before the needle, Im not sure if a piercer would be ok with something topical, pop into your local shop and see if they're ok with numbing, they might even offer one

it's a fairly quick pain, and I found that the pain nearly goes away completely within 30mins, where something like my eyebrow or tongue was hours later 

A Toronto born young mama blowkiss.giffreshly moved for a new adventure in ALBERTA! with Superdaddy superhero.gifand her intact and vax free, breastfed and babyworn Aug09 babenono02.gif attending college for early childhood educationwhale.gif   and being blessed with #2 just in time for Valentines Dayheartbeat.gif pos.gif

#688 of 703 Old 02-12-2012, 06:01 AM

Can add the 6th time to being pierced now! Got my lip, on the bottom off to the side this week. and loving it !

A Toronto born young mama blowkiss.giffreshly moved for a new adventure in ALBERTA! with Superdaddy superhero.gifand her intact and vax free, breastfed and babyworn Aug09 babenono02.gif attending college for early childhood educationwhale.gif   and being blessed with #2 just in time for Valentines Dayheartbeat.gif pos.gif

#689 of 703 Old 02-12-2012, 11:34 AM

Am I the only one who thinks there should be A LOT more photos in this thread?? :)

#690 of 703 Old 02-12-2012, 04:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LynLyn View Post

Am I the only one who thinks there should be A LOT more photos in this thread?? :)

yeahthat.gif

no tatties for me, i have this one from the day I got my lip pierced and showed my LO. He kept poking it and thought photo op! 

IMG_2369.JPG

Tags
Happiness Is A Choice For Teens , Todays Teen Student Edition

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page