Tattoo and Pierced Tribe II - Page 24 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#691 of 703 Old 02-12-2012, 05:54 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

My biggest tat when it was fresh this past October. Don't have current, healed pics. Her face is lighter and more blended now and the eyes still look amazing. Trying to get in for my first touchup session. :) This one has a lot of meaning for me and was a custom design by my very talented tat artist, Gus Ballman.

My only other tat is a small one across my left wrist that says, "glosoli". It's a song by an Icelandic group called Sigur Ros. I have another tat planned, quoted, and ready but the artist I'm working with on that one is located in Hollywood so it may be awhile. It's an awesome 6x6 or so piece by my fav comic artist, Simon Bisley. It'll go on the outside of my left upper thigh. I have ideas for a very large back piece but that'll probably be quite awhile away. I want to get my other foot done, I have some ideas to go with my left foot. I feel a little odd about putting something on the right side of my body however, I feel compelled to put them on the left. I'm toying with the idea of getting a realistic looking bumble bee on in inside of upper my left forearm. That's the only one I've thought about doing in color so far.

I'm keeping future career in mind while beginning a collection. I want to be mindful of what can be comfortably covered when needed.

2 (2).jpg

1 (2).jpg

3.jpg

#692 of 703 Old 02-15-2012, 01:54 PM

thats a really nice one!

I find it hard to find a good portrait artist

The place where I was pierced has done beautiful tattoos, Im looking more into getting what I want

My idea is a rib wrap tattoo, so from hip to underarm, as a scrolly kind pattern but have my son's hospital band (med tape, blood on it and all) in the middle with his name on it that way

either the band by itself, a baby pic of him lying down with the band on, or just the top of his hand with it around his wrist

dont mean to bombard the thread with my face, but this one shows my piercings a bit better than the other lol just messier hair, thats all. I briefly had my eyebrow but it got rejected when i was 15 and i havent thought it get it again in case it is pushed out 

Still have my piercing jewellery in my lip, but aim to get a stud that matches my nose in soon 

But I am SOOO in love with my lip piercing, probably explains my look! look! posts blush.gif

IMG_2389.JPG

A Toronto born young mama blowkiss.giffreshly moved for a new adventure in ALBERTA! with Superdaddy superhero.gifand her intact and vax free, breastfed and babyworn Aug09 babenono02.gif attending college for early childhood educationwhale.gif   and being blessed with #2 just in time for Valentines Dayheartbeat.gif pos.gif

#693 of 703 Old 04-11-2012, 06:54 PM

I haven't been on the forums in FOREVER, but I figured this was the place I wanted to pipe back up in, hehe  :)  

Right now I have 10 piercings in my ears, a nipple piercing, and a very... girly piercing.  In the past I've had piercings in my bellybutton, eyebrow, nose (which I pierced myself), lip, tongue... and I think that's it.  I'd love to have my nose pierced again, and possibly get my other nipple done.  It wasn't as bad as I thought it was going to be, but I was definitely more fragile in that healing process than I was after giving birth  lol!

As for tattoos, I only just started about a year ago.  I have a cherry blossom tree on my shoulder blade (in purple instead of pink, just in case I were to have an allergic reaction... I have sensitive skin and it was a BIG tattoo), a sparrow above my elbow, a lotus on my shoulder, and the word "Imagine" on my wrist.  They all have intimate meanings for me, and I'm always wanting more.  Talk about addictive!  If anyone's interested in seeing pictures, I can dig some up  :)

Marie, single mama to an amazing 8 year-old boy and living "outside the box" in just about every way possible for this corner of the country  

#694 of 703 Old 04-12-2012, 01:32 AM

http://www.infoocean.info/avatar3.jpgI don't have any new ink.

#695 of 703 Old 04-12-2012, 09:17 AM

Have been meaning to post here - I have three tattoos, all black ink, that my son loves to trace with his fingers and kiss. smile.gif  His eyes get so big looking at them and he smiles like, "wow this is sooo cool!"  He also loves to poke his finger through my gauges.  Just have them at 0s now (used to be 00, but one lobe was torn when pierced, so when stretched that far it was so thin it was translucent - yikes! - also used to have my second piercing in my ears at 4s, but that was just too much clutter wink1.gif).

Have sooo many more tattoos planned out (including an amazing back piece) but all are on hold indefinitely due to 1.) financial situation of being a SAHM (lucky to make enough to get by doing this, definitely don't have tattoo money leftover!), and 2.) DH's STRONG objections to tattoos in general (I should have completed it before I met him, then it would be perfect!!! orngtongue.gif Hoping to wear him down on this over time...).

~ Lucky wife of DH blowkiss.gifand loving mama to DS biggrinbounce.gif (04/11) ~

treehugger.gif * femalesling.GIF * ecbaby2.gif *cd.gif * familybed1.gif * bf.gif * namaste.gif *

#696 of 703 Old 04-19-2012, 05:52 PM

Has anyone pierced themselves? Any good guides to self piercing? I have a kit with five needles and five captive beads and corks and sterilizing surgigel and hibicleanse. I am hoping to do my belly button, my ears, and my nose. I should just go to a shop but what's the fun in that...

be good family...

#697 of 703 Old 04-25-2012, 01:51 PM

Do navel piercings and babywearing mix? I'm thinking the belt from a ssc or wrap would rub against it too much. Did anyone get a navel piercing and babywear for a lot of their day?

Thanks

be good family...

#698 of 703 Old 04-26-2012, 10:37 AM

My dd just walked in on me piercing my nostril. She said I have a big metal booger, I laughed and blood spurted out around the needle. I think it kind of scared her, but when I was done she asked if it was her turn now.
I really want to get my navel done now but I'm not sure if it will be a good mix with babywearing...

be good family...

#699 of 703 Old 04-27-2012, 07:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexis58 View Post

http://www.dingsme.info/avatar3.jpgi hope this is the right place to ask this question.

what question?

be good family...

#700 of 703 Old 05-04-2012, 01:53 PM

I just got a new tattoo this week. I also just stopped taking my birth control this week because we going to start trying for a third soon.  Is it ok to get pregnant whenever after getting a tattoo?

~Mariah
Mommy to DS (8/07), DD ( 8/09) and one (5/01) Frontier Midwifery student
#701 of 703 Old 07-19-2012, 06:09 PM

Hi, all! Looking for some advice (or just for you ladies to confirm what I already know.) I got a small tattoo on my wrist a few months back. It's just the word peace. The artist told me to come back in a few weeks because wrist tattoos almost always need touch ups. It most definitely does need some touch ups, but I've been putting it off for a while. Well now I'm about to move out of state, so figured I should probably do it before I go. Only problem is, I just found out I'm pregnant. It's just a tiny little bit of touching up, but I'm guessing the no tattoos while pregnant rule is there for a reason. It's disappointing, because it's really looking bad and I have no idea when I'll be back in the area. I probably should just wait though, right? 

Single Mama to Vincent 3/30/09
#702 of 703 Old 07-28-2012, 12:10 PM

To answer my own question about navel piercings and babywearing, ouch! I had to stop using the ergo for about a month and use our didymos and only use chest ties. So yeah if you are an avid babywearer make sure you have some carries that do not put pressure of the wrap or ssc on your navel...

On another note I soo want to get a tattoo this year. Or maybe modify the one I've had for a decade, lol

be good family...

#703 of 703 Old 04-10-2013, 07:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamiPolizzi View Post

Hi, all! Looking for some advice (or just for you ladies to confirm what I already know.) I got a small tattoo on my wrist a few months back. It's just the word peace. The artist told me to come back in a few weeks because wrist tattoos almost always need touch ups. It most definitely does need some touch ups, but I've been putting it off for a while. Well now I'm about to move out of state, so figured I should probably do it before I go. Only problem is, I just found out I'm pregnant. It's just a tiny little bit of touching up, but I'm guessing the no tattoos while pregnant rule is there for a reason. It's disappointing, because it's really looking bad and I have no idea when I'll be back in the area. I probably should just wait though, right? 

I was about four hours into a twenty-hour tattoo when I found out that I'm pregnant. I didn't know you couldn't get tattooed while pregnant, so I asked my husband (a former piercer and tattoo artist) why that is. He says it temporarily weakens your immune system, and puts stress on your body because it's trauma. He did not think getting a touch up right now would be a good idea, so probably best to wait.

Michelle, wife to DH, and momma to DD16, DS15, DS12, DS10, DD9, DD7, DS5, and baby girl born Christmas Eve 2013!

Tags
Happiness Is A Choice For Teens , Todays Teen Student Edition

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page