Expat mama tribe?? - Page 5 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#121 of 129 Old 07-15-2010, 10:40 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
there were too expat tribes so I merged them... I am also subbing since I might be joining the expat ranks soon.

earth.gif trottin', pole dancing, Norway and Sweden lovin' , hippie.gif,WOHM Kiddos born waterbirth.jpg 12/11/06 and 08/09/08 
belly.gif with #3 puke.gif EDD:01/2013 yikes2.gif So in love loveeyes.gif with my sweet Swede 2twins.gif and my bonus-son 10/25/98 carrot.gif

#122 of 129 Old 07-18-2010, 03:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2ID_Wife View Post
I am back in the US but spend 5 years straight, and 7 years total in the last 12 living in Korea and would love to go back.
I hear ya! I lived in Korea for 3 years. It's been about a year and half since we came home. I'm starting to miss a lot of things about Korea. But, I do remember being totally ready to leave when we did.
#123 of 129 Old 07-28-2010, 03:50 PM

I love this thread! DH will be on sabbatical next year so we are soon-to-be expats and I can't wait! DH and I are both US citizens but as a child I was an expat (grew up in Europe). I'm really looking forward to watching and helping my children adapt to a new place/culture.

We have no idea where we'll be, but we've agreed it will not be the USA.
#124 of 129 Old 07-30-2010, 09:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morningcalm View Post
I hear ya! I lived in Korea for 3 years. It's been about a year and half since we came home. I'm starting to miss a lot of things about Korea. But, I do remember being totally ready to leave when we did.
I was not ready to leave, but after 5 year straight it was like home. It was the 3rd time I was there, and I would love to go back but not sure DH is up for it.
I miss so much about it, expect my crazy neighbor at my last house.

Michele, wife to my soul mate, hero and solider, momma to
K-03/98, B-01/00, D-03/02, M-09/03, TL-12/04, TM-09/06, I-10/08 edd 02/02/11
#125 of 129 Old 08-05-2010, 03:02 PM

I'm an ex-pat soon-to-be mama! Due in January, I've been living in Paris for two years . . . still adjusting, though. The adventure's been good for me, and it feels more like home, bit by bit, but still every new process is such a project! And figuring out how to do this pregnancy baby thing here is a whole nother animal. Would love more advice and tips on adjusting to life abroad!
#126 of 129 Old 08-10-2010, 07:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by maryaesme View Post
I'm an ex-pat soon-to-be mama! Due in January, I've been living in Paris for two years . . . still adjusting, though. The adventure's been good for me, and it feels more like home, bit by bit, but still every new process is such a project! And figuring out how to do this pregnancy baby thing here is a whole nother animal. Would love more advice and tips on adjusting to life abroad!
Oh wow. I've heard awesome things about being a new mom in France. You'll have to share some stories!

I won't be a mama until after I'm back in the U.S., but here in China I'd get some crazy looks if I went for a walk or took a shower for a month after giving birth.

Mom to Thora, born at home 9/28/2011. Currently in Madison, WI, but gearing up for a move to Providence, RI in August! I'd love to meet some folks.
#127 of 129 Old 09-25-2010, 11:32 AM

ni hao, namaskar, hello!

expats here in china via india/nepal and turkey with our two-year old daughter. after a brief stint home next year, we're returning to india....or russia?...hum, what about vietnam....

curious about how many in the tribe would consider themselves 'permanent expats' - ie don't plan to take up extended residence in your home country again? we meet a fair amount of other Western families in Shanghai, but have had to say goodbye to most of our friends as they go back home after only a few months. we'd be really interested to meet up with (wherever in the world!) other families who plan on leaving native soil for the long-term....
#128 of 129 Old 11-25-2010, 06:42 PM

I'm an American who used to live in Tanzania, East Africa. We are preparing to go to France for about a year to learn French then move to Mali, West Africa. I was happy to find this tribe! thumb.gif
#129 of 129 Old 03-29-2011, 09:16 PM

I'd like to resurrect this thread.  DH and I are beginning to seriously discuss moving overseas.  I have the potential for an amazing job that could take us all over the world.  DD is now 11 months old and we are planning to be pregnant again in maybe 4-6 months.  I would love to chat with mamas who have done this. I am curious about what the primary working spouse does, as well as the primary caregiver.  In our home, that's DH. What were your experiences like? How long did it take to adjust? Was it what you thought it would be? Worth it to raise children so far from family? We've just begun to discuss, but I have been fantasizing non-stop since I realized it was a legitimate possibility. TIA!

Happy fly-by-nursing1.giffamilybed2.giffemalesling.GIF, delayed/selective vaxxing, WOHM to DD1 4/10 diaper.gif, DD2 8/12 babygirl.gif and partner/wife for thirteen years to SAHD DHsuperhero.gif.  

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page