NMY Graduates Love Thread, Part 4 - Page 9 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#241 of 2423 Old 09-17-2008, 01:36 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by witchygrrl View Post
New worry--Rhea smiles, but not very often...like she reserves them or something. how can I encourage her more than I do? I smile at her, I coo at her...
No worry! Abby was reserved at first too. It doesn't help when you have other mamas saying stuff like "oh, my baby smiles ALL the time!" Grr.

But now Abby is a happy little monkey all the time!

PiePie, I'm sorry about work.

Expecting #2 in May 2013!

0***4***8***12***16***20***baby.gif***28***32***36***40

#242 of 2423 Old 09-17-2008, 08:36 AM

got 3 grins this morning! I guess the "normal" time for smiles is 6 weeks, and she's going on 7. she was just so ahead with her strong neck that I figured she'd be ahead on this too. I hear you, PiePie, on the idea of feeling empowered. Rhea seems so frustrated by not being able to move like Mommy and Daddy.

Come ponder with me about food!
#243 of 2423 Old 09-17-2008, 11:32 AM - Thread Starter

Maela, have you tried baby signs with Maev? In theory at least, it seems like that might help with her feeling frustrated enough to throw a tantrum, i.e. if she can use words to communicate her emotions.

Not even sure if that makes sense, but the thought popped into my head this morning so I wanted to share it!

#244 of 2423 Old 09-17-2008, 11:52 AM

going to start a sing and sign class with dd per kelly's theory.
#245 of 2423 Old 09-17-2008, 05:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by snozzberry View Post
Maela, have you tried baby signs with Maev? In theory at least, it seems like that might help with her feeling frustrated enough to throw a tantrum, i.e. if she can use words to communicate her emotions.

Not even sure if that makes sense, but the thought popped into my head this morning so I wanted to share it!
She uses signs for "more", "allgone/all done" and "nurse" and she says "ooooh" for open. I usually know what she wants, it's jsut that she can't have it at the moment because I need it or it's dangerous, etc. Like the other day we were getting into the car to go home and she had my keys. I needed them, so I was just going to take the car key off and give her the rest back. I was taking them gently and trying to tell her what I was going to do (not that she definitely would understand...) and she grabbed my hands and was scratching them saying "ow!"

Maybe teaching her the sign for "mad" so she can at least let me know in a positive way? I think I need to give her something constructive to do when she's mad.

Wife to J. Mama to DD(3yo) & DS(1yo)
#246 of 2423 Old 09-17-2008, 06:27 PM
Banned

carrying: i'm using the front cross carry where hawk's on my chest. there is a way to shimmy the kid down to the breast, but it requires loosening the knot to do so. the concern i have with that is that he'll signal to nurse, and if i don't respond in about 20 seconds, he goes into full screaming mode. and, it takes more than 20 seconds to shimmy him around to the right position.

so, for the teacher training this weekend, we're going to be mellow about it all. i'll have the wrap, but unwrap him and have a seat--while continuing to teach--and nurse him. everyone at that class is pretty liberal.

but, i'm concerned about how to do things for the regular classes that i want to teach--and since he doesn't ahve a real nursing pattern yet or now or whatever. . .i'm a bit nervous about it. i want to start work in Oct--i do miss working.

body stuff: body is really starting to feel better. i think i pushed a bit much with my anus while giving birth--it hurts to go! silly me! i still have some loose skin and sub-cutaneous fat, but i'm back in pre-preggo clothing pretty nicely. and, i'm up to two miles of walking per day right now--the pace is slow, but it's good to be out and about. and of course, i'm baby wearing then. next week, i'm going to add in a bit more work to help remove the rest of the weight. though admittedly, every day i seem a bit thinner/leaner than before. breastfeeding works.

breastfeeding: hawk's been funny. ok, last night was nice. it was 4.5 hrs between feedings. we had a feeding at 9:30 and then again at 2, and then again at 6:30--which was perfect for our morning routine. but today, he's been on the breast more than he's been off. he took two "naps"--one while i was walking (that's about an hour) and one this afternoon (i napped also)--but otherwise he's either been on the breast or having his diaper changed. he hates having a wet/dirty diaper, but he also hates being changed. which brings us to. . .

ECing: so, he doesn't have clear signals. i'm considering just doing a nakie day to see if he does have signals that i'm missing, but normally he's either in his marathon nursing session and just goes whenever during said session, or he's asleep. he wakes up and goes "meep" when he has a wet diaper--so we change it then--and poop is obvious because he's noisy when he goes.

if i can't figure signals, then another suggestion from another ECer was to simply offer him the potty throughout the day when he usually goes. for example, he usually poos morning and evening (not day or night), and he pees pretty much about 30 minutes after each nursing--assuming he stops nursing. it seems strange to wake him to pee though. . .so who knows?

anyway, now that nursing is going well (i assume), we can move onto ECing.

Also, we weighed him today and he's just aroud 8 lbs. he was wiggling a lot, and it was at least 8 lbs, if not more. so, he's definitely getting enough milk between wet diapes and gaining weight.

i suppose he wants to nurse again now. ryan can't seem to settle him.
#247 of 2423 Old 09-17-2008, 09:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zoebird View Post
carrying: i'm using the front cross carry where hawk's on my chest. there is a way to shimmy the kid down to the breast, but it requires loosening the knot to do so. the concern i have with that is that he'll signal to nurse, and if i don't respond in about 20 seconds, he goes into full screaming mode. and, it takes more than 20 seconds to shimmy him around to the right position.

so, for the teacher training this weekend, we're going to be mellow about it all. i'll have the wrap, but unwrap him and have a seat--while continuing to teach--and nurse him. everyone at that class is pretty liberal.

but, i'm concerned about how to do things for the regular classes that i want to teach--and since he doesn't ahve a real nursing pattern yet or now or whatever. . .i'm a bit nervous about it. i want to start work in Oct--i do miss working.

body stuff: body is really starting to feel better. i think i pushed a bit much with my anus while giving birth--it hurts to go! silly me! i still have some loose skin and sub-cutaneous fat, but i'm back in pre-preggo clothing pretty nicely. and, i'm up to two miles of walking per day right now--the pace is slow, but it's good to be out and about. and of course, i'm baby wearing then. next week, i'm going to add in a bit more work to help remove the rest of the weight. though admittedly, every day i seem a bit thinner/leaner than before. breastfeeding works.

breastfeeding: hawk's been funny. ok, last night was nice. it was 4.5 hrs between feedings. we had a feeding at 9:30 and then again at 2, and then again at 6:30--which was perfect for our morning routine. but today, he's been on the breast more than he's been off. he took two "naps"--one while i was walking (that's about an hour) and one this afternoon (i napped also)--but otherwise he's either been on the breast or having his diaper changed. he hates having a wet/dirty diaper, but he also hates being changed. which brings us to. . .

ECing: so, he doesn't have clear signals. i'm considering just doing a nakie day to see if he does have signals that i'm missing, but normally he's either in his marathon nursing session and just goes whenever during said session, or he's asleep. he wakes up and goes "meep" when he has a wet diaper--so we change it then--and poop is obvious because he's noisy when he goes.

if i can't figure signals, then another suggestion from another ECer was to simply offer him the potty throughout the day when he usually goes. for example, he usually poos morning and evening (not day or night), and he pees pretty much about 30 minutes after each nursing--assuming he stops nursing. it seems strange to wake him to pee though. . .so who knows?

anyway, now that nursing is going well (i assume), we can move onto ECing.

Also, we weighed him today and he's just aroud 8 lbs. he was wiggling a lot, and it was at least 8 lbs, if not more. so, he's definitely getting enough milk between wet diapes and gaining weight.

i suppose he wants to nurse again now. ryan can't seem to settle him.
Glad to hear things are going so well! I don't really have any advice for the bfing while babywearing; I couldn't really ever do it. Maybe Hawk is going through a growth spurt, and that is why he's nursing so much?

I still haven't figured out Dd's signals for peeing. Poop, I can definitely tell, unless I'm not paying attention.

#248 of 2423 Old 09-17-2008, 11:05 PM

I got a good night's sleep last night! Hurray! :

I'm trying to remember the name of a cookbook that we were talking bout here, something to do with moon and harvest? Does anyone know what I'm talking about? I ran into it at a Nourishing Traditions conference this weekend and vowed to see if my library has it....and now I can't remember what it's called. I just scored both Susun Weed books on paperbackswap. I heart that site :

I miss you ladies, I've just been lurking away. Fenton is keeping me running, but he's such a joy. He's a little chatterbox these days - DH and I have counted that he's saying more than 70 words - he'll pretty much repeat anything you say, but it's amazing to me when I see him put a word into context that I didnt' know he knew. He's still almost exclusively breast fed though, despite my attempts to make solids more attractive. He's been "helping" me with gardening and preservation. And today he "helped" me by dropping Harry Potter audio disc 17 from the library.....down between the cracks in the patio. It will be a miracle if I get it out again. He's also interested in and asking to use the potty, though every time I set him on it, he gets scared and tries to climb back up me. He's pretty reliable when he tells me he needs a dipe change because he "pooped". It's so cool to see the ways he's excited about the world :

MMM, how are you feeling? Is MMM our remaining pg mama? Am I forgetting anyone?
#249 of 2423 Old 09-17-2008, 11:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Shanna~ View Post

MMM, how are you feeling? Is MMM our remaining pg mama? Am I forgetting anyone?
Still not loving every minute though this week has been better than last. I just want sleep and some reflux respite. I thought I had it nailed by upping my protein and cutting out most carbs and white everything but after 5 days of relative success, it's all back with a vengeance. I think it's got everything to do with Squeaks position and only a little to do with my diet.

My hip is better though so I can move and I'm happy to be swimming and walking and yoga-ing as much as possible.

I'm flying out this afternoon to visit my best friend. It's only an hours flight but summer has come early where she is (central coast, new south wales) and it's going to be a perfect weekend - 31 degrees celcius! (~87f.) I'm so excited - I'm going to swim in the ocean!

I think I am the last preggo though I suspect that there's a lurker or 2 here that may be getting close to TTC.

One gorgeous solstice babe 12/08, two smitten mothers - mothering consciously with conscience and compassion. Birth & Postnatal Doula. Student Midwife. Expecting #2 November '12.

#250 of 2423 Old 09-18-2008, 12:17 AM

MMM, I hear you on the reflux. That was the worst part for me. I was getting ready to buy stock in Tums, the only thing that gave me relief, and even that got piddling toward the end. But you're just about in the 3rd trimester! Hooray!:

The great-grandmas are getting antsy that they haven't met Rhea yet. But it's not exactly a short trip to NJ (4-5 hours without stops), and no one seems to realize that as a schoolteacher, especially one that early in his career, he can't just take days off to make long weekends whenever he wants. They're a bit too infirm to make the trip to us, and our only long weekend comig up is the weekend of the wedding we're in, so...guess they're going to have to wait.

zoe, I'm impressed about the nursing while wearing. My upstairs neighbor does that all the time, too.

#251 of 2423 Old 09-18-2008, 12:41 AM

Quote:
I'm trying to remember the name of a cookbook that we were talking bout here, something to do with moon and harvest? Does anyone know what I'm talking about? I ran into it at a Nourishing Traditions conference this weekend and vowed to see if my library has it....and now I can't remember what it's called. I just scored both Susun Weed books on paperbackswap. I heart that site :
Don't remember discussing it here, but I think you might be talking about Full Moon Feast.

http://www.wisefoodways.com/moons/

I have it and I love it.

Hi, I'm TJ!  lady.gif | NMY Grad love.gif | Mama to DD 5/13 babygirl.gif

#252 of 2423 Old 09-18-2008, 12:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by witchygrrl View Post
MMM, I hear you on the reflux. That was the worst part for me. I was getting ready to buy stock in Tums, the only thing that gave me relief, and even that got piddling toward the end.
If only I could, I would. Those things all make it worse for me. They tend just to redivert the indigestion to somewhere even more painful (like down my back).
But you're right. Yay : third trimester. Only 12 weeks to go (i'm planning on a timely baby! no one burst my bubble!!!). 8 weeks left of work. Good things are coming!!!

Oh...and I forgot to mention before...we have FINALLY found the most wonderful doula. It's been no mean feat - NOBODY wants to work in December. But Ingrid is clearly meant to be because she's exactly what we were looking for and when we initially approached her, she wasn't available...then her December clients had their due date reviewed so we got the spot!!! And she does AMAZING pregnancy massage...none of this meek rubbing business - REAL massage. And she's cheaper than most of the other local doulas - which was not a consideration at all but is a very happy bonus.

One gorgeous solstice babe 12/08, two smitten mothers - mothering consciously with conscience and compassion. Birth & Postnatal Doula. Student Midwife. Expecting #2 November '12.

#253 of 2423 Old 09-18-2008, 01:11 AM - Thread Starter

MMM, 12 weeks yay!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maela View Post
Maybe teaching her the sign for "mad" so she can at least let me know in a positive way? I think I need to give her something constructive to do when she's mad.
I could be talking out of my butt here but I think that's the idea about signs helping prevent some tantrums. Because if they can use words to express their emotions, they don't always feel the need to act out in other physical ways. I would be curious to hear if you try it and it has any noticeable impact. I'm currently reading Baby Signs so I'll let you know if I come across any pertinent parts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PiePie View Post
going to start a sing and sign class with dd per kelly's theory.
Ooh, that sounds fun! I will definitely keep an eye out for something like that in my area.

zoebird, I am so happy everything's going so well for you! You have a great attitude about things, so I shouldn't have expected anything less.

I was with a group of moms this weekend--their kids were all around 2/3, and they were complaining about how the terrible 2s don't end at 3. And I thought about how I sometimes think "if she could just start taking longer naps, everything would be great" or "I can't wait til she's more mobile and I don't have to carry her every.dang.place." But that's not how it works. When you're constantly looking forward to the next thing to bring you happiness/contentedness, you'll never get there. So I'm trying to live more "in the moment" and find joy in what I have right now. Like I know I'm going to regret wishing for the crawling to come!!!

Anyway, seeing you navigate thru the early days of motherhood is a good reminder to myself to have a positive attitude.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zoebird View Post

The way we learned Abby's signals is to undo her diaper after a feeding and right after she woke up, then watch like a hawk (heh) until she went.

Quote:
I got a good night's sleep last night! Hurray! :
Congrats!

Quote:
He's a little chatterbox these days - DH and I have counted that he's saying more than 70 words - he'll pretty much repeat anything you say, but it's amazing to me when I see him put a word into context that I didnt' know he knew.
That's SO COOL!!!

Crawling: Abby's 7 months old today and not really showing any imminent signs of crawling. She gets up on all fours (torso up) for a few seconds but then plops back down. She's not doing the rocking thing people talk about, or if she is I'm misunderstanding what that looks like.

I'm worried we're not giving her enough opportunity to practice crawling though. We rarely put her on the floor because it's hardwood and invariably has oodles of pet fur on it. She spends a lot of time in the bed rolling and pushing herself up, etc.

#254 of 2423 Old 09-18-2008, 10:46 AM

mujerista my love, have you tried chewable papaya enzyme tablets for the reflux? my mw recommended. i bought but never used because my reflux wasn't that bad.
#255 of 2423 Old 09-18-2008, 10:47 AM

my trial -- in the literal and existential sense -- is over so my workload has gone from extreme to luxurious. going to take some time off to bond with the babe.
#256 of 2423 Old 09-18-2008, 04:37 PM

Quote:
my trial -- in the literal and existential sense -- is over so my workload has gone from extreme to luxurious. going to take some time off to bond with the babe.
: Yay! Enjoy those precious snuggles.

Warning :: Spoiler Ahead! Highlight to read message!
How did the trial end up? Do I even want to ask?

Hi, I'm TJ!  lady.gif | NMY Grad love.gif | Mama to DD 5/13 babygirl.gif

#257 of 2423 Old 09-18-2008, 04:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by snozzberry View Post
I could be talking out of my butt here but I think that's the idea about signs helping prevent some tantrums. Because if they can use words to express their emotions, they don't always feel the need to act out in other physical ways. I would be curious to hear if you try it and it has any noticeable impact. I'm currently reading Baby Signs so I'll let you know if I come across any pertinent parts.

I thought about how I sometimes think "if she could just start taking longer naps, everything would be great" or "I can't wait til she's more mobile and I don't have to carry her every.dang.place." But that's not how it works. When you're constantly looking forward to the next thing to bring you happiness/contentedness, you'll never get there. So I'm trying to live more "in the moment" and find joy in what I have right now. Like I know I'm going to regret wishing for the crawling to come!!!
Thanks for the advice. my signing book doesn't include mad/angry oddly enough. I'll look it up online, I guess.

And I am guilty of not living in the moment too. I am always looking forward to the next thing - not just in parenting - in every aspect of my life. I'm working on it. I just get so much happiness from planning and dreaming that I forget to enjoy the good times of the present.

#258 of 2423 Old 09-18-2008, 08:51 PM

Quote:
mujerista my love, have you tried chewable papaya enzyme tablets for the reflux? my mw recommended. i bought but never used because my reflux wasn't that bad.
Oh...I'm in a country town now...but I am gonna search high and low! Surely there's a health food shop somewhere, right??!!
Thank you for the rec. I'll try anything!

Yay for time off with the babe. Hope the trauma of the last few weeks slips away quickly.

#259 of 2423 Old 09-18-2008, 09:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MujerMamaMismo View Post
I think I am the last preggo though I suspect that there's a lurker or 2 here that may be getting close to TTC.

Ooo, really, who? Come out, come out wherever you are. Not me, my time has not come yet.

Piepie - if you have time it would be neat if you could join Facebook and post a couple of pictures. I don't think I ever saw any pictures of Lorelie . :

Mama to my sweet Sophia, born at home on 4/6/11.

namaste.gif

#260 of 2423 Old 09-18-2008, 10:50 PM

So I thought I'd pop in and give the updates on Quinn and I, as I've been pretty MIA the last, oh, 17 months. So...

Quinn is 17 months old, he's huge, about 30 pounds and 35 inches. He wears 2T clothes and size 7-8 shoes. He understands a ton of words and concepts and speaks a few dozen words (or attempts to). He gives hugs and kisses (real ones, finally!) and is just starting to run (well, walk fast and kinda trip along).

I am pretty good, just had a tooth pulled (my second, both in just over a year's time). I went most of my childhood and teen years borderline malnourished and and then went dentist-free from 22-28, so despite my VERY clean/healthy lifestyle the last few years, I had 2 teeth that were too far gone, and not believing in the safety of root canals, bye bye teeth :

Quinn is still nursing about 5 times a day and a million times a night. I have yet to even come close to seeing AF. If that is still the case in April (Quinn's 2nd bday) there will have to be some weaning (at least night time). I hope to have another baby (as in born) around his 3rd birthday.

We are still in our little condo (well, it's 1000 sq feet, so not so little). Just had granite counters and new cabinets put in (DH did the cabinets). This place is looking so nice (and the economy the way it is) we are refinancing our ARM and think we'll stay a few more years. I really am feeling so strongly the whole "less is more" thing lately. I think it is good for the soul to not have too much, too big, etc. We have a higher household income than just about anyone we know (well) and yet we have the smallest house. I love it

I've been lurking at how all the little ones are doing, smiling, almost crawling, soon to be going to weddings, so exciting! I love thinking back to Quinn's early months when I read about Josephine, Hawk, Rhea, Abby...

uh oh, time for night nursing #2...

Elizabeth
#261 of 2423 Old 09-18-2008, 11:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wateraddict View Post
Piepie - if you have time it would be neat if you could join Facebook and post a couple of pictures. I don't think I ever saw any pictures of Lorelie . :
I was thinking this too!
#262 of 2423 Old 09-19-2008, 12:09 AM

I joined Facebook but never found you guys... help a gal out
#263 of 2423 Old 09-19-2008, 12:14 AM

fb comin' up

dd got dx'd as anemic! dr alan greene's website indicates that false positive tests may come up if a kid is getting over a viral infection, and she did have a sniffly cold earlier in the week. our new (yes, 3rd!) ped is an extended bf'er herself but i did get the impression that she thought that bm is taking up tummy space for what she considers to be more nutrient rich foods? i am surprised by the test result because she is a total carnivore, could eat chicken 3 times a day if we served it. what would you add to her diet if you were me? anything is possible except for nuts -- no nut products till age 3 -- i have family history of allergies...
#264 of 2423 Old 09-19-2008, 12:28 AM - Thread Starter

Elizabeth, it's so great to get an update on you and Quinn!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Holiztic View Post
We are still in our little condo (well, it's 1000 sq feet, so not so little). Just had granite counters and new cabinets put in (DH did the cabinets). This place is looking so nice (and the economy the way it is) we are refinancing our ARM and think we'll stay a few more years. I really am feeling so strongly the whole "less is more" thing lately. I think it is good for the soul to not have too much, too big, etc. We have a higher household income than just about anyone we know (well) and yet we have the smallest house. I love it
I'm totally on the same page on this front! We moved to a house that's half the size of our first house, and we love it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wateraddict View Post
Ooo, really, who? Come out, come out wherever you are. Not me, my time has not come yet.
Yeah, 'fess up!!!

Quote:
PiePie, whew. I'm glad you get to take some time off!

I'm sorry about L's anemia dx! Maybe it's a fluke?

#265 of 2423 Old 09-19-2008, 12:59 AM

piepie: Try chickpeas! Kai simply adores them (of course he eats all sorts of weird things most American adults can't stomach but it's worth a shot).

Traveling mama to DS (2) my nature boy :
#266 of 2423 Old 09-19-2008, 01:07 AM

Oh, it's so hard to keep up with the posts I meant to write. :

Holiztic, it's good to hear from you. Thanks for sharing your update.

Smiles - same here. It was hard to get a good picture of her smiling until about 2 months, and it wasn't really regular until about 3 months. Now it's nonstop.

we went to our first Music Together class today - what fun! Most of the babies are around the same age as Josephine, and she loved watching them and listening to the music.

Kelly, about crawling. I don't have experience yet, obviously, but I wouldn't worry about it. I was watching a bunch of the other babies today - the oldest was about a month older than J - and they are all in different places. One girl was already getting up on her knees (J doesn't do that) and another was standing pretty well - which J doesn't do either - but her mama said that she isn't sitting yet though. I really think there are so many changes and new skills in the 6-9 month time that every baby tackles them in a different order.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wateraddict
I thought of you too!

Shanna, wow, 70 words! Amazing! I love reading updates on Fenton and Quinn and thinking about where we'll be in a year. (But still trying to live in the moment too!)

Piepie, FB FB FB! Already! Actually, I peeked at some of your DH's pics - and the spaghetti video! How cute! She is getting so big!

Mama to J (Apr 01 '08) and N (Feb 13 '10)
#267 of 2423 Old 09-19-2008, 01:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maela View Post
Glad to hear things are going so well! I don't really have any advice for the bfing while babywearing; I couldn't really ever do it. Maybe Hawk is going through a growth spurt, and that is why he's nursing so much?

I still haven't figured out Dd's signals for peeing. Poop, I can definitely tell, unless I'm not paying attention.
Same here though twice now Kai's gone "Uh-oh!" and ran toward the bathroom. He's actually quite happy to pee on the floor (puddles = fun) so I just take him whenever I think of it or DH thinks of it and we catch a lot of them that way. When Kai was Hawk's age we did a lot of nursing with his bum hanging over a BB little potty. He always went while nursing until he was...I don't remember...four or five months.

Today we got out to the Mennonite farm near us and picked raspberries and yellow cherry tomatoes. I wish there was someway to preserve the taste of these little tomatoes. They're awsome!! With any luck we won't get the killing frost that should be coming though tonight (I doubt it though, I'm : ). I'm not preserving nearly as much as I should. It's so hard to find time with a little guy trying so hard to help out. Any ideas?

Oh, I was going to sign off but Mike just got the coolest deal. He's now teaching trumpet lessons to the son of our organic dairy farmer! In return he get's a box of food. It's a sweet deal but I was shocked to see how much stuff they're putting in that box. We now get 2 gallons of milk, 2 dozen eggs and a hunk of beef for Mike. What are we going to do with all those eggs?

Traveling mama to DS (2) my nature boy :
#268 of 2423 Old 09-19-2008, 01:51 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by arelyn View Post
piepie: Try chickpeas! Kai simply adores them (of course he eats all sorts of weird things most American adults can't stomach but it's worth a shot).
Mmm, hummus....

Quote:
Originally Posted by cking View Post
we went to our first Music Together class today - what fun! Most of the babies are around the same age as Josephine, and she loved watching them and listening to the music.

Kelly, about crawling. I don't have experience yet, obviously, but I wouldn't worry about it. I was watching a bunch of the other babies today - the oldest was about a month older than J - and they are all in different places. One girl was already getting up on her knees (J doesn't do that) and another was standing pretty well - which J doesn't do either - but her mama said that she isn't sitting yet though. I really think there are so many changes and new skills in the 6-9 month time that every baby tackles them in a different order.
Those are good reminders, thank you!!!

I want to take Abby to something regular...I'll have to check out Music Together!

#269 of 2423 Old 09-19-2008, 07:11 AM

PiePie, is Lorelei getting any foods with VitC? It makes iron more bioavailable, especially if eaten at the same time with iron rich foods...

I'm friends with PiePie's dh on FB, btw...I'll see if I can find more of ya...

#270 of 2423 Old 09-19-2008, 12:08 PM - Thread Starter

I just requested Katt as a friend so watch for an update about me adding her so you can add her too!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page