AP friendly communities in the US? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 5 Old 08-29-2008, 02:35 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
We're always up for trying new places,our lease is coming up here.I was just wondering,do you live in or know of a community that is 'crunchy'?I'd like to find somewhere that is conducive to walking,full of people that cosleep,cd,bw,and lots more!!!Any suggestions??
#2 of 5 Old 09-22-2008, 11:04 AM

I would also like to know this....we would like to move in the next two years..to a place more crunchy and WARM!

Life Learning Momma to DS17, DS16,DS9jumpers.gifas well a dog, a cat, two birds...ttc babygirl.gif homeschool.gifnamaste.gif
#3 of 5 Old 10-27-2008, 07:27 PM

The NorthWest. Seattle or Portland, but Portland is more affordable and a bit warmer. Much warmer than NJ, mama It doesn't rain that much...heck I'm a texan where it never rains and could handle living in both places. I miss it and we plan to move back to the Seattle area in a few months :

But Portland by far is the crunchiest place on earth. For real. Check out the tribal area...TONS of crunchy people..it's almost unreal!
#4 of 5 Old 12-23-2008, 05:08 AM

Yep Seattle is very Crunchy and crunchy friendly. We have Bastyr College in Kirkland which trains Naturopaths, A chrio every five feet, alll the trader joe's and whole foods you could ever want But it is very expensive to live here.
#5 of 5 Old 02-02-2009, 10:57 PM

I live 45 mind outside of Seattle and it isn't too cruncy here. People at my DDs daycare look at me weird for babywearing and I am the only person I know who CDs. I used to live in Seattle and loved it but when I had DD I had to move somewhere that I could afford to live and return to school. Good luck

Sugaree hippie mama: to one perfect daughter 9/07: one money-pit:
We : we share a:Right now we are: :

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page