dreamers tribe - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 184 Old 09-06-2008, 03:19 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
is there a tribe like this already? i love dreams both the sort that happen at night in my sleep and my day dreams and i would love a place to share my dreams and read about others and just hang out when there are no dreams to be had.

recent sleeping dreams i have had included one about a space alien masquerading as a childrens toy because it had heard that the songs toddlers sing are magic spells to make plants grow. i have had others but les sneat. last night i dreame di was giving birth to a baby and it felt soooo real. i often know when i am dreaming but am not able to have totaly control over my dreams and last night i think i relized i was dreaming.
my day dreams are almost always about my future and goals i have. for years i day dreamed about becoming a mother. i wanted to have a baby soo much and i spent so much time dreaming about it that when i got pregnant i worried that maybe when it happened and i had a baby i would be dissapointed it wouldn't be this amazing magical thing but it has turned out even better than all my day dreams and even more amazing and i am shocked on a daily basis that my biggest wish and dream has come true my son is here and he is amazing. for a long time after he was born i felt strange and i didn't know what to day dream about! now i day dream about the house we will be moving to in a month and about the garden i hope to grow there and i day dream about possible jobs i might enjoy in the future. some way i could make a living and still spend time with my son. my big job related day dream right now is weaving wraps for baby carrying. a lot of my day dreams end up coming true which is very neat. the house we are moving to has an outdoor bathtub which is something i have day dreamed about for years and years and now that dream is coming true! i knew i would eventually have an outdoor bathtub but i thought i would have to put it in i never thought i would find a home with it already there.

so what are your dreams? do you have nightmares? do you have wild hippy musical dreams (i have dreams that are musicals sometimes) what do you day dream about? lets have a tribe for sharring our dreams.

mama to two amazing children son 10/27/07 and daughter 07/07/11

#2 of 184 Old 09-16-2008, 02:21 PM - Thread Starter

i guess it is a tribe of one.
my day dreams right now are of things to make with my new inkle loom and of the garden i will soon have. i day dream about a giant planted play house for my son and another made of sunflowers and beans next summer. i also day dream about learning to surf. and my sleeping dream last night was very surreal and i don't remember it very well i think it was not a very nice dream so i guess it is better to have forgotten it. i know it had things coming out of peoples heads and people searching for other people. i don't know if they where searching for me or i was searching for them hmmm.

if anyone wants to share there dreams that would be fantastic otherwise i gues si can periodically bump this with my dreams

#3 of 184 Old 09-17-2008, 12:21 PM

moonfroggy - this is an awesome idea for a tribe!

I'm definitely a dreamer. I'm left-handed and musical too!

My current day dream is to pay off all our debt, put money in savings, buy a diesel motorhome and run it off of veggie oil. I want to get rid of all our unnecessary stuff and just travel with my family. I think it would enrich our homeschooling so much. My dh thinks it's not practical in the slightest; "how would we make money" etc. I told him I would play my fiddle on the street corner. : I love to travel and must have some gypsy blood. I really hate the idea of strapping ourselves to a 30 yr mortgage. I don't even know where I want to settle down. I figure, when we decide where we want to live, we can live in the motorhome and build our house slowly with cash. I want a strawbale house.

So, that's my big dream. My other dream is to be a midwife, but I'm actively working on that one!
#4 of 184 Old 09-17-2008, 02:32 PM - Thread Starter

wow cfiddlinmama i love your dream it is amazing! i dream about a strawbale or maybe bale and cob or just cob house all the time. and in the past i dreamed about doing something similar with travel only on a sale boat. my dp is against the sale boat thing though. thank you so much for sharring your dreams :

last night all i dreamed about was trying on shoes how borring is that

#5 of 184 Old 09-17-2008, 02:39 PM

wow! this tribe was on the front page and I just had to click.

I'm actually a bit of a daydream-aholic. I love nothing more then to sit in the sun and daydream of all the amazing beautiful things in the world and the possibilities for me life. I also love sleeping and dreaming (and feel sad when I don't remember my dreams or have enough actual sleep to have any)

my daydreams currently all center around having our own home with a woodstove and somewhere to keep chickens. I've noticed over the years that my daydreams focus on whatever is most lacking in my life and they usually end up being fulfilled...although not always in ways I expect.

moonfroggy - now I'm going to daydream about an outdoor bathroom! that sounds so divine!

I've recently been dreaming about being pregnant and giving birth alot as well. Usually once I give birth I realize I can't remember where my DS is. It wakes me right up to check and make sure he's right next to me (which he always is). it's a strange dream though. I'm watching my dreams right now because I've been praying for some guidance about how to create a loving, peaceful, healthy home from myself, DH and DS. Something is being birthed...I guess I just have to wait and see...

nice to see other dreamers! :
#6 of 184 Old 09-17-2008, 06:08 PM

I saw this on the front page and had to click too!! I dream a lot. People always find it weird that not only do I constantly dream, but I dream in very vivid colors...I like to call it technicolor!! I actually dream more when I am not pregnant then when I am (though this pregnancy has be dreaming some pretty weird stuff) and it usually comes is phases where I will go weeks or months of dreaming every single night...then it will taper off....usually coincides with the seasons for me.

My latest dream has been a recurring one which is rare for me as my dreams are usually very different from one another. I used to work as a demonstrator for a pet food company and kept dreaming I was in the store doing my demos only there was no food (which isn't far from reality...haha). Each time, the store is the same (not the real store that I work at)...more of a warehouse than a pet store....very huge, large ceilings....just almost engulfing. I had this dream almost 5 times in this exact same place and realized it was my subconscious telling me to get out. Since I quit the job, I have had no more dreams of this situation, which is fine by me as it really kind of creeped me out. It was just very dark here.

Now, I seem to be dreaming of various animals and coming storms and what not....so I am sure there is a message to be learned here. Now if only I could stop dreaming about the video game my DH keeps playing...

Look forward to being a part of the tribe!!

~Aurora
#7 of 184 Old 09-17-2008, 06:24 PM

Moonfroggy--you must have gotten the message I hung in the night sky to start an MDC dreamers tribe. I've been wanting one for awhile, but I felt too shy to get it started. Thanks for hearing!

I'm a dreamer. Even these days of being sleep-deprived I manage to get a dream or two in a night! This week I dreamed my best friend and I were searching for a door way out of the gradschool campus where she lives. I wrote to her IRL and told her of the dream--turns out she had just moved off campus and was really relieved. Several other aspects of the dream were right on too...I love that my dreams connect me to the people and places I love.

Some words from Shel Silverstein for our tribe:

"Invitation"

If you are a dreamer, come in,
If you are a dreamer, a wisher, a liar,
A hope-er, a pray-er, a magic bean buyer
If you're a pretender, come sit by my fire
For we have some flax-golden tales to spin.
Come in!
Come in!
#8 of 184 Old 09-18-2008, 01:37 PM - Thread Starter

i love that poem treespeak and your user name to what a great name

and elsa_elsa i find my dreams have a way of coming true as well. in fact we are about to move to a house with an outdoor bathtub which is something i dreamed about wanting and was shocked when it turned out this house had one!

i have not had any night dreams worth remembering and all my day dreams are about gardening still

#9 of 184 Old 09-18-2008, 08:13 PM

hey moonfroggy!
:
I'm so in this tribe!

2 nights ago i was dreaming that a woman was doing this really important sacred ritual, it was vital for saving the world, somehow, and involved her being pregnant, and birthing the baby in a sacred ceremony.
somehow, near the end, she couldnt do it, so i had to take it on, which included taking on her pregnancy. so suddenly I was 9mo pg, and had to do this ritual to start the labour and birth the baby. we were in an open, moonlit meadow, surrounded by trees, and there was a kind of festival going on, but none of the other people knew what we were doing, or what was going on. anyway they were all on the other side of the meadow near the treeline.
so I was doing this ritual, which was walking around a circle, with an altar at the centre, and chanting to the four directions. as i completed each side, and each direction, a magical line appeared on the ground, and the further i went, i could feel the labour starting.
it was so strange, to know that it wasn't my baby, nor anyone's baby, but a child that was vital to the balance of the world. i was just birthing it.
the whole dream had a very "mists of avalon" feel.

By reading this signature, you agree to join my cult :nana
Google me, you know you want to mischievous.gif
#10 of 184 Old 09-18-2008, 08:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cfiddlinmama View Post
I'm definitely a dreamer. I'm left-handed and musical too!
Hey, no stealing my intro.

No new dreams to report yet. Just the Yeti one, the rabbit one and the tornado one from the other thread lol.

I did have a dream about a song I was trying to remember the name of and the name was in the dream but when I woke up I could remember everything except the name.

malesling.GIFMutant Papa to DD (12)hippie.gif and DS (2)babyf.gif, married to DHribbonrainbow.gif
If it looks like I'm trying to pick a fight... I'm not, I'm rarely that obvious.hammer.gif
#11 of 184 Old 09-18-2008, 08:21 PM

whenever an update for this tribe shows up in my inbox is feel so :

majikfaerie - that dream is so amazing!
#12 of 184 Old 09-18-2008, 08:22 PM

md
totally knew you'd show up here.

#13 of 184 Old 09-18-2008, 08:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by majikfaerie View Post
md
totally knew you'd show up here.
I love talking about my dreams

malesling.GIFMutant Papa to DD (12)hippie.gif and DS (2)babyf.gif, married to DHribbonrainbow.gif
If it looks like I'm trying to pick a fight... I'm not, I'm rarely that obvious.hammer.gif
#14 of 184 Old 09-19-2008, 02:50 PM

Quote:
hey moonfroggy!
:
I'm so in this tribe!

2 nights ago i was dreaming that a woman was doing this really important sacred ritual, it was vital for saving the world, somehow, and involved her being pregnant, and birthing the baby in a sacred ceremony.
somehow, near the end, she couldnt do it, so i had to take it on, which included taking on her pregnancy. so suddenly I was 9mo pg, and had to do this ritual to start the labour and birth the baby. we were in an open, moonlit meadow, surrounded by trees, and there was a kind of festival going on, but none of the other people knew what we were doing, or what was going on. anyway they were all on the other side of the meadow near the treeline.
so I was doing this ritual, which was walking around a circle, with an altar at the centre, and chanting to the four directions. as i completed each side, and each direction, a magical line appeared on the ground, and the further i went, i could feel the labour starting.
it was so strange, to know that it wasn't my baby, nor anyone's baby, but a child that was vital to the balance of the world. i was just birthing it.
the whole dream had a very "mists of avalon" feel.
Thanks for sharing MF--that's a powerful dream. If it were my dream, I'd be mining if for gems for years to come. It has the feel of a life's work dream--any chance you are being pulled toward birth work and earth healing? Those themes really pop out at me--through you stepping into a pregnant woman to empower her process, as well as the ceremony opening to the four directions. Earth healing work is being done in this fashion, with the earth's ley lines or electromagnetic grid clearing and strengthening just like the magic line in your dream. The relationship between birth work with earth work is a fascinating idea.

Welcom Musician Dad--can you link us to the Yeti/tornado dream? I didn't see the original post, and would love to read it!
#15 of 184 Old 09-19-2008, 07:44 PM

Uh, I don't know which link LOL

The Yeti Dream!

I had to save the world from a group of rabid Yeti with only my sled. Most of the dream was me trying to get to the city (which was frozen over a la The Day After Tomorrow), when I got there I woke up before I got to the planning room so the world was never actually saved.

The Tornado dream

I was watching tornados touch down in the middle of the BC rockies.

#16 of 184 Old 09-19-2008, 08:23 PM

yep. md is our resident weird dreamer.

treespeak; I'm a midwife, so maybe that's where the birth stuff comes in.

#17 of 184 Old 09-20-2008, 12:17 AM

I love wierd dreams!

#18 of 184 Old 09-20-2008, 08:15 AM

you're weird, and you dream

#19 of 184 Old 09-20-2008, 08:36 AM

I'm not really a night dreamer at all but, I do tend to daydream to the point where I can't fall asleep at night. And when to do dream I don't always remember them. But when I do I get this weird deja voo feel to them.when that happens I am always awake and it always is brought about by an incident.

My current daydream is about babywearing. I have a large colection of carriers and have been getting about 2-3 calls a week,from people asking for help. I guess a new babyweaking group is in order.

Doing what I can to make better choices every day!
#20 of 184 Old 09-20-2008, 08:40 AM

yeah, i'd be interested to learn more about babyweaking.

#21 of 184 Old 09-20-2008, 08:57 AM

I so belong here. I still need to go back and read everyone else's, but I have been plagued and blessed by my dreams since I was probably 3.

My dreams are very vivid. When I was little I had flying dreams (OK...still do, but this is kind of the beginning of my story ). One night I was flying around and thought I would cruise on up to my mom's room...I was flying through the stairwell (this was well before I discovered I could fly through the walls) and I heard my mom talking to my grandma, at first I was thinking I should go back to my room because I thought my mom would be mad at me for flying. But I went in anyway and was relieved to see that they weren't noticing me. I can't remember now what they were talking about, but I do believe it was rather mundane, day to day type stuff. So after a bit I went back to my room and hovered over my bed. I had a canopy and was kind of freaking out about how to get back in it, because I wasn't maneuvering as well as I would have liked, then all of a sudden I lost ALL control and fell right through the canopy and into my bed and woke up...my bed was bouncing. Freaked my 5 year old out!

I told my mom about my "dream" and she told me that she had been talking to grandma on the phone that night.

That was my first of hundreds of out of body experiences. There had been other flying dreams, but nothing real time like. Since then my dreams have been both spectacular and/or horrifying. I used to have a lot of nightmares. Not so much anymore, but every now and then. I have also had premonition dreams. I dreamed about the bird flu a year before the outbreak, I dreamed about Mt. St. Helen's becoming active again days before.

My husband just really doesn't care to hear about them anymore. I understand, though...he's been listening to me talk about them for a really long time now (20 years) and just thinks it's normal when I dream something I find incredible. It's really hard for me to NOT tell him. He doesn't remember most of his dreams, so he just doesn't get how big of a part of my life this is.

If you can't take the heat get out of the Kitchen.
#22 of 184 Old 09-20-2008, 09:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by treespeak View Post

I'm a dreamer. Even these days of being sleep-deprived I manage to get a dream or two in a night!
Sometimes, those are the most intense dreams...you are so exhausted and fall right into REM.

#23 of 184 Old 09-20-2008, 09:14 AM

mg
i'd love to hear more of your dreams.
i've had lots of 'out of body' dreams like that too. and also accurate premonition dreams and accurate vision dreams.
once i was having a dream, more like a nightmare, that there was a big storm that blew down the big gum tree in my folk's backyard, and it fell on my sister and she was trapped under it.
I woke up coz the phone was ringing; it was my mum.
before she could tell me why she was calling, I quickly blurted out my dream totally freaked out.
my mum was totally stock silent for a moment. then she said why she was calling: a branch had fallen off the gum tree in a big wind, and landed on my sister. she was calling to ask me to drive over and take them to the hospital!
thank goodness my sister was fine - just some nasty cuts.

#24 of 184 Old 09-20-2008, 09:17 AM

Quote:
mg
i'd love to hear more of your dreams.
i've had lots of 'out of body' dreams like that too. and also accurate premonition dreams and accurate vision dreams.
once i was having a dream, more like a nightmare, that there was a big storm that blew down the big gum tree in my folk's backyard, and it fell on my sister and she was trapped under it.
I woke up coz the phone was ringing; it was my mum.
before she could tell me why she was calling, I quickly blurted out my dream totally freaked out.
my mum was totally stock silent for a moment. then she said why she was calling: a branch had fallen off the gum tree in a big wind, and landed on my sister. she was calling to ask me to drive over and take them to the hospital!
thank goodness my sister was fine - just some nasty cuts.
Weirdness!

It nice that there is someone out there who actually wants to hear more of my dreams!

#25 of 184 Old 09-20-2008, 09:19 AM

I do
I have so many freaky dreams like that.

#26 of 184 Old 09-20-2008, 09:29 AM

Quote:
I do
I have so many freaky dreams like that.
Several years ago I read a book about out of bodies and started playing with the idea of manipulating them. I wanted to visit my mom to see if I could (she lived in Indiana, me in California). I finally got there and ended up on the steps of a one room school house and 2 girls were crying on them, one was black and one white. They were maybe 7 or 8 y/o.

Well it was a complete bust. So I called my mom the next day to tell I fail at an attempt to visit her and told her about the dream I had instead, and she said that nearly exactly described a scene out of her childhood that I never would have heard before, except it was at her house and her grandmother came home from work and told mom that that "colored girl" was not to come over to play ever. They were sitting on the steps waiting for her so they could go inside to play after school.

#27 of 184 Old 09-20-2008, 09:35 AM

whoa! that's cool

#28 of 184 Old 09-20-2008, 03:23 PM

I had a dream last night about every day life... Boring right?

It was in Japanese style animation.

#29 of 184 Old 09-20-2008, 08:29 PM

I was so tired I can't remember dreaming anything

#30 of 184 Old 09-21-2008, 01:31 AM

joining!

homebirthing,,homeschooling intactalactivist mom to 3dd jumpers.gifand 2dsbouncy.gif.babyf.gifAlways busy

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page