Not Mamas... Yet Tribe, Part XVII (Winter 08/09) - Page 5 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#121 of 499 Old 01-04-2009, 02:56 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andee View Post
HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!! It's getting quiet in here.
zejh, that's awesome that you have all your financial ducks in a row. Any news on ttc? I just can't hardly wait until we get to that point!
Well, financial ducks are getting close, but it looks like the postal service is making things a little less happy by getting one or two of our credit card bills in late. : But the paying off part isn't worrisome.

As far as ttc, my body's being a little weird this month. We actually first started trying right after we got married in July, and I actually was pregnant back in August, but that only lasted through early September (I only really knew I was pregnant for barely 2 weeks). We were intending to try again right away, but stuff came up in October and November to sidetrack us, and the past month the problem seems to be that my body's decided too much is going on right now... (theater, travel, general stress) The frustrating thing is how easy it was last summer, and of course, trying not to stress is not a good way not to stress...

Anyhow... hopefully that'll happen sooner rather than later. (And, yeah, if it doesn't happen this month, well, that means we don't have to worry about getting to my cousin's wedding in the fall, right? 'cause, it would be hard to get several states over from here either very very pregnant or with a very very young baby... But still, if I had to pick one dilemma to have this year, I'll take having to skip a wedding because I'm having a baby!)

So, yeah... New Year's Resolutions: (1)Get everything in order, and (2)Don't stress, dwell, worry, etc. Just get stuff done, then enjoy life. (Easy to say when the hormones aren't swinging at me...) and related, but I'll give it its own number: (3)Last year was last year, good and bad. I can't live in the past on the good things, and I don't need to think about the bad things anymore (just deal with anything related as it comes up, obviously)

Emily
Married 7/26/2008 -:- Remembering Joseph *10/9/2009* and two other losses since 9/08 -:- Expectingenergy.gif mid-September.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#122 of 499 Old 01-04-2009, 04:26 AM

Hi everyone. Would it be okay if I join in?

I'm Kit and I've been married a couple of years. No little ones yet, but we're (slowly) moving that direction. Sometimes I wish we were ready already(!) and other times I'm content to let things unfold as they will.

I hope maybe it will be helpful to hang here with some folks in a similar situation. Hope to get to know you!
#123 of 499 Old 01-04-2009, 02:44 PM

Welcome Kit!

Sage - everything crossable is crossed for you, I'll be thinking of you on Tuesday!

zejh - your #2 probably applies to most of us, how much we worry - it's crazy.
#124 of 499 Old 01-04-2009, 02:51 PM

Slightly back onto the buying things for baby, I received a gift card for Amazon.ca from my work golf tournament in September and I finally decided that I just had to take care of it. So, I grabbed a few books that I've wanted for a while...

"The Thinking Woman's Guide to a Better Birth" by Henci Goer, "Ina May's Guide to Childbirth", "Baby Catcher: Chronicles of a Modern Midwife" by Peggy Vincent, and "Natural Pregnancy Book" by Romm Aviva!

I'm so excited, I've really slacked off with my Mama reading for too long.
#125 of 499 Old 01-04-2009, 11:58 PM

So we just moved from Monterey to Salt Lake City a couple weeks ago. I love our little apartment and its location (a 5-minute walk from everything--Church, store, restaurants, Chris' school). Right now we're looking for work and enjoying the snow. :-)

Bed life is good, hehe. It's amazing, like we never had any issues. We're so happy! Things have been going so well that...

I think I'm pregnant!!! I've just been getting the impression over and over again...and spotting...I'm going to take a test next week. We're trying not to get too excited until I test, though.

Formerly known as "JessicaRenee".  hang.gif  Single mama to Jude (Sept '09)!  biggrinbounce.gif

#126 of 499 Old 01-05-2009, 01:23 AM

That is amazing Jessica! :
#127 of 499 Old 01-05-2009, 03:16 AM

Quote:
"The Thinking Woman's Guide to a Better Birth" by Henci Goer, "Ina May's Guide to Childbirth", "Baby Catcher: Chronicles of a Modern Midwife" by Peggy Vincent, and "Natural Pregnancy Book" by Romm Aviva!
Good list! I've read a couple of these. I just got "Birth as an American Right of Passage" by Robbe E. Davis-Floyd. Also great!

Quote:
I think I'm pregnant!!!
Wow! That's wonderful!:
#128 of 499 Old 01-05-2009, 03:40 AM

Happy New Year! I'm still new around these parts, but Hesperia invited me to join, so... here I am!

My nickname is Marti, I've been married to my college sweetheart for 3 years (after dating him for 7), and we're planning to start TTC in August or September of 2009.

We're also planning on buying a house in late 2009.
My freelance business is booming, and my part-time tax work is looking to do the same this year.
And I start grad school classes on Tuesday.

Planning to spend some distraction time here and looking forward to getting to know all of you!

Ghanaian-American afro.jpg product & experience designer. Wife to geek.gif web geek & soon-to-be SAHD. Mother to 2 yr old reading geek , pregnant with boc.gif future geek.

#129 of 499 Old 01-05-2009, 05:16 AM

Jaclyn, Good book choices! I only own Ina May's guide. I must build up my collection.

Jess, I cant believe you think you are pregnant! That is crazy! Could you be the first graduate from our cohort or NMY? If you are not now you probably will be. Savour the bedroom girl! I am so proud of how far you've come(no pun intended!)! Good luck sweetie! I am so envious that you are in the position to get pregnant.
I am so far away from considering intentionally getting pregnant! I would love to get a boyfriend one of these years....
Anyways I am happy to ring in the new year with you all as my internet friends! I am feeling great! Welcome to the newcomers!
I will let y'all know over the next few days about my school results.
#130 of 499 Old 01-05-2009, 12:19 PM

Sage - Best of luck!

Jessica - Wow, that's so wonderful : I'm so happy for you :

adinkra - Welcome

Friends of mine had two big announcements over Christmas. One was that they're engaged. This was not a big shock to me, I've known about it for a while because I'm standing with them and they've been planning their wedding for a really long time now. The second announcement is that they're pregnant! She had a chemical pregnancy not that long ago unfortunately and they were really excited about it and really sad when it turned out to not be an actual pregnancy so they're extatic about this one. She's due in July and they're getting married in October. I got to see the ultrasound picture, so amazing. Even though I'm not crazy pro ultrasounds, it is really cool to be able to see a picture of your baby while it's still inside of you. And in their case I can understand wanting to make sure there was actually a baby cooking in there

I set a ton of New Years goals this year. My brother and sister-in-law gave me this great journal/day planner that has places to set different kinds of goals for the year and talk about their progress and things, it's really wonderful.

Happy New Year everyone!
#131 of 499 Old 01-05-2009, 09:59 PM

Thanks everyone!

Sage, I really couldn't have done it without that message you sent me. Answering the questions you asked really help me so much! *hugs*

Formerly known as "JessicaRenee".  hang.gif  Single mama to Jude (Sept '09)!  biggrinbounce.gif

#132 of 499 Old 01-05-2009, 10:42 PM

Wow! I'm so happy for you Jessica!! Keep us updated - hopefully it's a BFP!
#133 of 499 Old 01-05-2009, 11:03 PM - Thread Starter

Just popping in to say I'm crossing my fingers for you Jessica. :
#134 of 499 Old 01-05-2009, 11:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sage.Naissance View Post
Jaclyn, Good book choices! I only own Ina May's guide. I must build up my collection.

Jess, I cant believe you think you are pregnant! That is crazy! Could you be the first graduate from our cohort or NMY? If you are not now you probably will be. Savour the bedroom girl! I am so proud of how far you've come(no pun intended!)! Good luck sweetie! I am so envious that you are in the position to get pregnant.
I am so far away from considering intentionally getting pregnant! I would love to get a boyfriend one of these years....
Anyways I am happy to ring in the new year with you all as my internet friends! I am feeling great! Welcome to the newcomers!
I will let y'all know over the next few days about my school results.
i'm with you on the boyfriend part

congrats Jess let us know as soon as you know:

i also have some more news but i just dont have the time right now i'll come back later
#135 of 499 Old 01-06-2009, 05:13 PM

Jessica, congratulations!!!!!

Keep us updated for sure. When are you going to test?

Nearly crunchy mama to one DS born at home 12/09 and married to my best friend one week later signcirc1.gif

#136 of 499 Old 01-06-2009, 05:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaclyn7 View Post
Those are all books that I really want to read as well. Nice list!

Adinkra, welcome. Your siggy says you knit? I know how to knit, but I don't do it much (I'm more of a crochet girl). In fact, I started a sweater four years ago that's still on the needles! What kind of projects do you do?

Nearly crunchy mama to one DS born at home 12/09 and married to my best friend one week later signcirc1.gif

#137 of 499 Old 01-06-2009, 06:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andee View Post
Jessica, congratulations!!!!!

Keep us updated for sure. When are you going to test?
Probably the 11th. :-)

#138 of 499 Old 01-07-2009, 10:57 AM

Not momma yet, but momma to a ton of furry, scaly, slimy and feathery critters. whale.gifribbongreen.gif
#139 of 499 Old 01-07-2009, 08:30 PM

I got in!!!! I was accepted to birthingway today!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
#140 of 499 Old 01-07-2009, 09:47 PM

: congratulations!!! :

Not momma yet, but momma to a ton of furry, scaly, slimy and feathery critters. whale.gifribbongreen.gif
#141 of 499 Old 01-07-2009, 10:27 PM

Quote:
Congratulations!!!

I can't wait to hear the results on the 11th, Jessica.

Mommy to  N baby.gif, born 2/20/12.

#142 of 499 Old 01-08-2009, 10:49 AM

Quote:
::

Congrats! That's so awesome!!

Bicycle-ridin', craftin', bloggin' feminist future mama to my starbabies dum spiro spero
#143 of 499 Old 01-08-2009, 01:16 PM

Quote:
Yay!!!::: Congratulations!
#144 of 499 Old 01-08-2009, 02:13 PM - Thread Starter

Congratulations, Sage!
#145 of 499 Old 01-08-2009, 03:29 PM

So much :: going on here! I'm only gone a few days and look what happens! Congrats!

treehugger.gif SAHM with a precious toddler and the love of my life, expecting a new little one July 2014!
#146 of 499 Old 01-08-2009, 04:11 PM

welcome newbies!!!

sage, congrats! that is awesome news!

nothing much happening over here. just trying to get back into the swing of things at work - it sucks! dh and i are still thinking about starting to ttc in apr. we've already started talking about our ideas as far as child care, etc. yikes, it's getting a little too real for me!!
#147 of 499 Old 01-08-2009, 10:53 PM

Hey NMY's! I'm not new here at all, but I'll re-introduce myself after I respond to these posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by helen_emily View Post
Sage.Naissance I am really curious to know where you found info about using a ginger tea to bring on menses? My pregnant friend is currently using ginger tea to help control her extreme morning sickness... I had no idea it has any effect on your cycle, could it cause issues for her pregnancy?
It can bring on menses, but it takes a much larger dose (or concentration) then tea to cause a miscarriage though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimiij View Post
I adapted this idea of a three-word resolution from the Motherlode blog/column on NYTIMES. The author suggested creating a one-word New Year's Resolution. Well...I couldn't stick to one, so I came up with a three-word New Year's Resolution.
I really like this idea. My new years "resolution" is to live more authentically. I think that Authentic could be my one word.

upsidedown.gif Charlie~ partners.gif Married to my best friendheartbeat.gif 5/11 slingboy.gif Mama to my Teddy Bear Rainbow.gif 7/12  pos.gif Due with #2 stork-suprise.gif 6/14
#148 of 499 Old 01-08-2009, 11:09 PM

Hi all!

I don't recognize anyone on this thread anymore but I used to post on NMY regularly back in the day. I even have a few posts on the original monster thread! I made some AMAZING friends from this site; I had the EXTREME privilege of meeting and staying with Rico'sAlice (the one credited with the words in the first post) and her stunning son last march. I also got to meet TwilightJoy, and MsHelena on that trip. I first "met" them all on here so ... : I still keep in contact with a few others who used to post here too.

In other words, I look foreword to getting to know all of you "new-to-me" ladies, and I hope you don't mind me crashing your party.

About Me: I'm 21 years old. I live in Washington. Single and dating, sort of. In my Junior year of college with a double major in Early childhood education and elementary education.

I'm sure my crunchy credentials will be made obvious as I post so I wont list those.

upsidedown.gif Charlie~ partners.gif Married to my best friendheartbeat.gif 5/11 slingboy.gif Mama to my Teddy Bear Rainbow.gif 7/12  pos.gif Due with #2 stork-suprise.gif 6/14
#149 of 499 Old 01-08-2009, 11:23 PM

Congratulations, Sage!!!

Welcome back, Charliemae

Off to bed now...

#150 of 499 Old 01-09-2009, 05:22 AM

Thanks so much for all the love guys! I am feeling it!
I also just got asked to breakfast with this guy I've just started seeing so I am a bit giddy about that. Things have never been sweeter. xo Cheers! :

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page