*think*
*think*
*think*

Uh, YES!!!! :
#632 of 647 Old 12-03-2009, 02:02 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I know this thread died 6 months ago but I'd like to restart it, at least until 2010 when I new one would go up. If anyone is still out there or still interested I'm here and ready to start chatting it up about life without kids. Come back, Julia, Crystal and Grace, and anyone else interested!

-Rachel

#633 of 647 Old 12-03-2009, 02:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BurtsGirl View Post
I know this thread died 6 months ago but I'd like to restart it, at least until 2010 when I new one would go up. If anyone is still out there or still interested I'm here and ready to start chatting it up about life without kids. Come back, Julia, Crystal and Grace, and anyone else interested!
Hey Rachel!

Bookmarking this thread so I can come back and post more. It's fun to read back through these!
#634 of 647 Old 12-03-2009, 03:42 PM - Thread Starter

Oh, I haven't done that. *off to paroose the oldies but goodies.*

-Rachel

#635 of 647 Old 12-03-2009, 03:53 PM - Thread Starter

OK, wow. We covered a lot of ground in this thread, lol, and I mostly just skimmed. So what's new, Ms Julia? Did your friends set a date for the wedding? How is Robert?

Hope the others will come back...but I understand if they don't.

-Rachel

#636 of 647 Old 12-04-2009, 02:08 PM

Quote:
OK, wow. We covered a lot of ground in this thread, lol, and I mostly just skimmed. So what's new, Ms Julia? Did your friends set a date for the wedding? How is Robert?

Hope the others will come back...but I understand if they don't.

Yes, friends are getting married in June and I get to be a bridesmaid and Robert gets to be a maid of honor!

Robert is doing ok, he's got more freelance business, which is really good right now.

I just got a call back from the job I interviewed with and they're not calling me back. She said the job is turning more administrative, less creative, so she didn't think it would be a good fit for me. BUT I think it would be a good fit! sigh.

I'll have to put some photos up on my blog of our house. We've been busy bees and have done a TON. (or Robert's actually done a ton.)

How are you and T and Rascal?
#637 of 647 Old 12-07-2009, 12:26 PM - Thread Starter

@ Robert being the Maid of Honor! Would love to see what you guys are doing with the house. And your blog is pitifully behind, m'dear.

We're doing well. Rascal just lost his Futon because we decided to turn "his" room into a workout room and there wasn't room for everything. We made ourselves feel better by purchasing him a huge, expensive bed and telling us (and him) that until he starts paying rent he'll have to manage with the dog bed. It's also closer to the ground so I think it will be better for him anyway as he's getting up there in age.

Right now he's boycotting it. It's so comfy though. Hell, I'd sleep on it. We have it in the living room and I think that's why he's not digging it as much. The surround sound scares him sometimes and I think he liked his "me time" in his room.

-Rachel

#638 of 647 Old 12-07-2009, 02:21 PM

Awww…he's so cute! I want to get our pups a newer, nicer dog bed, but until everyone is out the chewing stage, that just doesn't make much sense.

In weekend news:

My friend's dad died yesterday. He had an aneursym or stroke about 5 weeks ago and has been touch and go since then. He took a turn for the worse this week and they respected his wishes to not be kept alive artificially.

And we had another friend over for dinner last night and she brought her new baby rat terrier (6 months old, 6 pounds, so cute!) to meet Aggie. I brought Keira out to say hi (because she is the biggest weenie and lover ever) and she reward my confidence in her with trying to kill my friends to two dogs. She then spent the rest of their visit in her crate.

Then we decorated our tree!

And today I'm filling out an application for two jobs that opened up at the Library I'm volunteering at. Would it be weird to list my volunteer supervisor as a reference? We don't really know each other super well yet, but I think I've been doing a good job with everything she's asked me to do.
#639 of 647 Old 12-07-2009, 03:02 PM - Thread Starter

We've tried dog beds before with Rascal and he chewed it up. Then when we were dog sitting for some friends, they brought over their dog's bed and Rascal didn't chew it and actually laid on it. So we know he's capable he's just rebelling. You should have seen the looks we got when we were moving the futon into the garage. Oh man, that boy can WORK it!

I'm so sorry to hear about your friends dad, Julia. It's always so heart breaking when it's so sudden and seemly out of the blue.

Poor Keira, she just wanted a snack...

YAY for job openings! Talk to me about this new interest is Library stuff. It seems you're really into it with the volunteering and now applying. Are you thinking of going back to school for this or just kind of trying it on for now? I totally think you should put down the volunteer supervisor, she's the best one to assess you're librarian skills!

-Rachel

#640 of 647 Old 12-08-2009, 02:22 PM

Quote:
YAY for job openings! Talk to me about this new interest is Library stuff. It seems you're really into it with the volunteering and now applying. Are you thinking of going back to school for this or just kind of trying it on for now? I totally think you should put down the volunteer supervisor, she's the best one to assess you're librarian skills!
I've been thinking about Library stuff for some time. I like libraries and I like research, but I know that there's more to it than that. I've tried a few times to get circulation-type jobs in a couple different libraries to get some experience and see if I like it, but I'm not getting hired because…I have no experience!

So I've started volunteering, figuring at least I would get to see more of what it's like to work in a library and now a few jobs have opened up. I don't know if I'll get hired, but it would be interesting. The library offers tuition reimbursement to those getting MLIS degrees, and that would be so wonderful! But first I need more experience to see if going back to school for this right for me.
#641 of 647 Old 12-08-2009, 05:38 PM - Thread Starter

What an incredibly smart thing to do, Miss Julia! I can totally see you as a librarian! And that's awesome that they do tuition reimbursement! I hate when you're trying to break into something new and everyone wants someone with experience. I'm running into that with accounting. I was hoping I could just move into an entry level accounting/book keeping/reception type job but the only accounting jobs open want someone with experience. I need to find something else and I don't want to find something in the field I'm currently in. BLAH!

Rascal is still boycotting the bed. We paid way to much for him not to sleep on it. I'm giving him two weeks and it's going back to the store. We've moved it into our room, which is where he likes to sleep most now. I hope that works. Do you think that's not enough time to give him on the bed? There is a 30 day return policy on it and it's already been a week since we got it.

-Rachel

#642 of 647 Old 12-09-2009, 04:49 PM

It's so frustrating, not having the experience in a new field. Especially when the job requires really general skills that (imo) aren't specific to have *specific* experience. Like, I speak and write well, I learn fast, I can do it! Just hire me!

For Rascal, can you get him to lie down on it with a toy? Or will he come sit with you if you sit on it? I know if I sit down, I get mobbed. Does he know "down" as a command? If so, i'd have him do a few short downs on the bed and then maybe he'll get that it's soft and nice and "his", yk? Dogs…

I'm having some work drama that I'd like to talk about, but probably later. I'm not sure how to write it all out right now and just thinking about it is exhausting.

How is T's job holding up?
#643 of 647 Old 12-09-2009, 06:04 PM - Thread Starter

Rascal will lay down on it if I tell him to and we've gotten on it with him serveral times. I actually think he now sees the bed as his lovin-bed. I've giving him treats and toys and he'll lay there for a few minutes when get off. I actually fell asleep on it with him last night, its more comfy than our bed! He's a smart dog. I think he's still playing us. :sigh

Work drama, sounds like fun. I'm here if you wanna chat about it. Terri's job is doing well. They've actually only had a month or so where the economy really hit them. So that's good. She's gotten a little frustrated with her boss a couple of times but that' normal every so often.

I'm draggin today. Between Terri's snoring, AF coming, and Rascal almost climbing into my side of the bed b/c of freaking rain, I didn't sleep much last night.

-Rachel

#644 of 647 Old 12-14-2009, 12:02 PM - Thread Starter

YAY Rascal has finally accepted his bed. He started on Friday evening and last night he pretty much spent the entire night sleeping on it. I'm so glad. I hated taking away his old bed. But once again the parents win!! Whew. I really thought we were going to have to take it back and I really didn't want to.

We had a great weekend. Date night, holiday baking, football watching and a little shopping. Good times

How was your weekend, Ms J?

-Rachel

#645 of 647 Old 12-14-2009, 05:00 PM

for Rascal! That's great.

Our weekend was good. Crappy weather, but we finished up enclosing the patio so it's mostly dog tight. We have a friend coming to visit for a few days and we're behind in our cleaning, so that's been stressful. Though I'm so excited to see her!

I've been feeling kind of depressed lately and i'm not sure what to do about it. I don't know if it's the weather, hormones (on CD 43 with no sign of AF in sight, and not pregnant), stress from jobs, etc. It's not horrible. I'm getting things done, but it's not great as I'm getting just a bit more than the minimum accomplished.

I'm hoping that things will calm down in the next few days and that will help. I'm debating trying to get a therapy appointment through my HMO…I'll have to see how much that costs.
#646 of 647 Old 12-16-2009, 11:21 AM - Thread Starter

Hope you guys are having fun with your visitor. I know where you are with the depressed feelings. I started taking St John's Wart and I'm really feeling much better lately. If you feel you need to talk to someone, J, I'd go ahead and make that appointment. Are you having any more luck on the job front?

I'm looking for something part time right now and will be kicking up my searching starting in Jan. Ideally I'd like to find something a few days a week during the weekday but jobs are just so hard to come by. I have a few more options I can check out in the new year.

I've promised Terri I'd stick with this job through Jan but I'd like to make it through March. I just can't stay here anymore. It's really starting to take an emotional toll. I'm hoping to have another job before I resign from here, but that might not happen.

I am excited about school, though. I love learning and am really glad i made this choice. I think it was the best one for me right now. There are some plans we're having to put on hold for a while, but hopefully only for a couple of years.

You guys ready for the holidays? All my shopping is done, the tree is up and ready, just a few events we need to go to and we'll be ready, freddie!

-Rachel

#647 of 647 Old 01-05-2010, 03:16 AM

Happy Birthday Rachel!

I hope you have a great day.

Sorry for being so silent. We were in Arizona for part of the holiday and I was sick for some of it as well (and being a veggie for the rest )

How have your holidays been? How are things going for you now?

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page