dust.gif
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#62 of 792 Old 06-23-2009, 10:15 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Autumn I like it!
But weird enough the kids are usually giving him his space. It's some of the moms that won't give him the time he needs to get comfortable.
#63 of 792 Old 06-24-2009, 05:06 PM

#64 of 792 Old 06-25-2009, 11:37 AM

You know, we are just embarking on our homeschool journey too. How do you guys make it work?
#65 of 792 Old 07-01-2009, 04:31 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by roses1001 View Post
Roses,
I am so sorry for not responding sooner. It's been crazy around here. Thanks for sharing your situation.
I have two and definitely feel I've reached my maximum.
I hope you are feeling a little better today. PM me if you like!
Karin
#66 of 792 Old 07-02-2009, 11:52 AM

I am an introvert. I am also shy. That book that describes introverts explains a lot of things about me -- thanks for posting!

Quote:
Originally Posted by llp34
I know moms who can go all day, from one activity to another, dragging their kids from pillar to post, and then do it again the next day, who are always looking for the next activity to book their calender with and never feel overextended. They don't get tired and their kids are fine with it.
Someone I know on Facebook posted an update saying she had just had a nice, relaxing day off taking the kids to the zoo. I thought, that's a relaxing day off for you?? You don't want to just stay home and hang out in your own yard?

-Alice, SAHM to dd (2001) and ds (2004) each of whom was a homebirth.jpg, who each self-weaned at 4.5 years bfolderchild.gif, who both fambedsingle2.gif'd, who were bothcd.gif, and both: novaxnocirc.gif.   Also, gd.gif, and goorganic.jpg!

#67 of 792 Old 07-02-2009, 12:18 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sustainer View Post
Someone I know on Facebook posted an update saying she had just had a nice, relaxing day off taking the kids to the zoo. I thought, that's a relaxing day off for you?? You don't want to just stay home and hang out in your own yard?
Oh I know what you mean!
We should make a facebook group for introvert moms. LOL. We could chat in real time without having to leave our house!
#68 of 792 Old 07-02-2009, 12:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KBinSATX View Post
Oh I know what you mean!
We should make a facebook group for introvert moms. LOL. We could chat in real time without having to leave our house!

LOL that's a good idea haha.
#69 of 792 Old 07-02-2009, 01:46 PM

Quote:

16yo DS; 13yo DD; 9yo DS

#70 of 792 Old 07-02-2009, 03:57 PM

Quote:
I am an introvert. I am also shy. That book that describes introverts explains a lot of things about me -- thanks for posting!

We've never even been to the zoo (it's $$$$) and we don't have our own yard. Taking the girls to the park is an effort for me. All those people out there. Ick. [Yesterday was a group of 5 teens swearing and making so many sexual comments amongst each other, comparing nipple sizes and such] But they have so much fun in the sun, playing with rocks, dirt, grass and even the playground equipment from time to time.

Katreena, peace.gif 39 year old Alaskan treehugger.gif Mama to 1 hearts.gif and 1 lady.gif gd.gif

#71 of 792 Old 07-02-2009, 09:27 PM

I don't know much about introvert people, yet I recognize myself in many of the examples above. As a child and even teenager I did not feel a big need to go out every night and enjoyed time alone. My mother would make me feel bad every night I did not call someone. I don't think she ever accepted me for who I was and I never thought I was ok. (always thought something was wrong with me). I am just like many of you wrote, I can talk for hours with close friends and share anything with them, but don't make friends with anyone and I am not good at chit chatting about nothing that really matters.
#72 of 792 Old 07-03-2009, 10:47 AM

There's a group on Facebook called "Introverts United (Separately):" http://www.facebook.com/home.php#/gr...gid=2218961143

We could always start an introvert moms group....

reading.gif Wife to DH geek.gif  since 08/06. Mother to Eleanor Rose energy.gif, born 10/12/08.  h20homebirth.gif
#73 of 792 Old 07-03-2009, 02:11 PM - Thread Starter

If anybody wants to friend me on facebook here's my link (I think - still sorta new to facebook). Maybe we can have a introvert moms group there too!
#74 of 792 Old 07-03-2009, 03:37 PM - Thread Starter

Oh I like the Introverts United group already! They have the personality test link on their group page and ...
Ta-dah, your personality type is INTJ!
Introverted (I) 89% Extraverted (E) 11%
Intuitive (N) 59% Sensing (S) 41%
Thinking (T) 55% Feeling (F) 45%
Judging (J) 77% Perceiving (P) 23%

http://kisa.ca/personality/
#75 of 792 Old 07-03-2009, 07:50 PM

dust.gif
#76 of 792 Old 07-03-2009, 08:04 PM

Mystic Mama...

I like your bra free link because it tells me there are more people out there like me who are bra free. My mom HATES it and I'm still uncomfortable at social gatherings, but it is my preference.

Katreena, peace.gif 39 year old Alaskan treehugger.gif Mama to 1 hearts.gif and 1 lady.gif gd.gif

#77 of 792 Old 07-03-2009, 09:18 PM

Introvert here. I have been reading the posts, but I thought I would post a reply. In addition to be introverted, I am also painfully shy. So I never meet people and that's okay with me. I don't have kids at the moment, but when I had foster kids it was definitely hard for me. After working with people all day, all I wanted to do was go home and relax. But as a single parent to 2 kids I couldn't do that. So by the time the girls moved in with their grandmother, I was so stressed that it was a relief for them to be gone. It made me sad to feel that way. I missed them terribly, but I needed down time. I am reading The Introvert Advantage right now and am learning a lot. I plan to try to get pregnant in the next year, but I think that I am only going to have the one. Two was too many, but I want a child. I think I could handle one.

I always thought I was weird growing up because I never wanted to go do things with people from school. It didn't bother me that I didn't have many friends, but because people make such a big deal about having lots of friends it made me feel weird. I learning to embrace my introvertedness (is that a word? ). It makes me who I am.

Wow this ended up being longer then I thought it was going to be.

Tanya
#78 of 792 Old 07-03-2009, 09:46 PM

Oh, I cannot begin to express how much I can relate to every. single. comment. made on this thread!

Subbing, for sure...

Oh yes, and according to the quiz Karin kindly posted:

Ta-dah, your personality type is INFP!
Introverted (I) 82% Extraverted (E) 18%
Intuitive (N) 82% Sensing (S) 18%
Feeling (F) 65% Thinking (T) 35%
Perceiving (P) 77% Judging (J) 23%

SAHM to Chloe (02/28/08) & Samantha (10/06/10)... not quite crunchy - think of us as al dente, finding our way to self-sustainability & full-out crunchy living ... trial and error, one day at a time! 
#79 of 792 Old 07-03-2009, 09:50 PM

I'm INFP or INFJ? I can't remember. Maybe I should retake the test.

My oldest daughter seems very similar. She's only 6, but I'm noticing that she only cares to have a few close friends and being around too many other kids really wears her out. I was same way, but she seems to gravitate towards girls who have lots of other friends. I wonder if she'll start to feel strange about that? Feeling like she cares about them more than they care about her? I just don't want her feelings hurt. I guess that is inevitable, but I feel like I should provide more opportunities for her to make friends so there isn't so much importance wrapped up in these 2 girls.

There have been a few times that kids have said, "I don't want to be your friend anymore!" over something silly, and it bring her to tears because she really thinks they mean it and doesn't understand why anyone would be so cruel. But then she has also overheard kids making fun of her for being quiet or calling her a slowpoke, and she just looked at them and didn't care at all because it was true.

I just picked up Introvert Advantage from the library. Excited to read it.
#80 of 792 Old 07-03-2009, 10:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LucyRev
I'm INFP or INFJ? I can't remember. Maybe I should retake the test.

My oldest daughter seems very similar. She's only 6, but I'm noticing that she only cares to have a few close friends and being around too many other kids really wears her out. I was same way, but she seems to gravitate towards girls who have lots of other friends. I wonder if she'll start to feel strange about that? Feeling like she cares about them more than they care about her? I just don't want her feelings hurt. I guess that is inevitable, but I feel like I should provide more opportunities for her to make friends so there isn't so much importance wrapped up in these 2 girls.

There have been a few times that kids have said, "I don't want to be your friend anymore!" over something silly, and it bring her to tears because she really thinks they mean it and doesn't understand why anyone would be so cruel. But then she has also overheard kids making fun of her for being quiet or calling her a slowpoke, and she just looked at them and didn't care at all because it was true.
She sounds JUST how I was at that age! I remember trying to win the hearts of the girls with many friends, as I think I hoped it would make me feel less ostracized, like I would fit in a bit better... but oh my, how they could make me cry, too!

Ugh, social pressure.

Sigh, hurt feelings.

In some odd way, it is SO nice to know I'm not the only one out there like this.

SAHM to Chloe (02/28/08) & Samantha (10/06/10)... not quite crunchy - think of us as al dente, finding our way to self-sustainability & full-out crunchy living ... trial and error, one day at a time! 
#81 of 792 Old 07-03-2009, 11:12 PM

I just took that test and this is EXACTLY me lol... I got 100% introverted lol

Introverted (I) 100% Extraverted (E) 0%
Thinking (T) 70% Feeling (F) 30%
#82 of 792 Old 07-03-2009, 11:12 PM

Double post oops.
#83 of 792 Old 07-03-2009, 11:15 PM

I am obviously loving this thread.

DH is out at a ballgame, DD is asleep, I am enjoying reading "stuff" online and listening to the random firework go off, dog bark, train pass, or folks walk by (window open)... very nice...

I came across a website whilst perusing my personality type (very cool, new stuff for me!) and I thought I'd share it here, FWIW:

http://livingintroverted.com/

All my love, mamas!
Lindsey

#84 of 792 Old 07-03-2009, 11:19 PM

Thanks for the link its interesting reading it. I'm sitting here by myself. Baby is asleep and boyfriend is hanging out with his friends where he belongs I rented movies that I am going to watch soon.
#85 of 792 Old 07-03-2009, 11:25 PM

Looking through it further, it is interesting, but not *quite* what I was hoping it would be.

Any other folks have links to share?

~~~

Curious too, what types of movies/books/topics we like, as introverts... and if anybody else has struggled / struggles with depression or other mental health problems. I read somewhere online tonight, too, that INFPs often have difficulty with anxiety/depression/etc. Just curious! It's interesting to me, since I've struggled with depression for quite awhile, never really been able to kick it regardless of meds or not, or different therapy approaches (DBT, etc.)

Anyway, I digress.

#86 of 792 Old 07-03-2009, 11:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by principii View Post
Looking through it further, it is interesting, but not *quite* what I was hoping it would be.

Any other folks have links to share?

~~~

Curious too, what types of movies/books/topics we like, as introverts... and if anybody else has struggled / struggles with depression or other mental health problems. I read somewhere online tonight, too, that INFPs often have difficulty with anxiety/depression/etc. Just curious! It's interesting to me, since I've struggled with depression for quite awhile, never really been able to kick it regardless of meds or not, or different therapy approaches (DBT, etc.)

Anyway, I digress.
I'm really into drama and fantasy books. And I have struggles with depression and anxiety and other mental health problems daily.
#87 of 792 Old 07-03-2009, 11:55 PM

Drama and fantasy! Me too!!

I feel ya in the mental health dept. as well.

#88 of 792 Old 07-04-2009, 12:02 AM

I like to read L.M. Montgomery, Jane Austen, Charlotte Bronte, Jean Auel, and Douglas Adams.

I have anxiety disorder.

-Alice, SAHM to dd (2001) and ds (2004) each of whom was a homebirth.jpg, who each self-weaned at 4.5 years bfolderchild.gif, who both fambedsingle2.gif'd, who were bothcd.gif, and both: novaxnocirc.gif.   Also, gd.gif, and goorganic.jpg!

#89 of 792 Old 07-04-2009, 12:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KBinSATX View Post
Oh I like the Introverts United group already! They have the personality test link on their group page and ...
Introverted (I) 89% Extraverted (E) 11%
Thinking (T) 55% Feeling (F) 45%

http://kisa.ca/personality/
Today, I am:

Ta-dah, your personality type is ISFJ!
Introverted (I) 61% Extraverted (E) 39%
Sensing (S) 68% Intuitive (N) 32%
Feeling (F) 80% Thinking (T) 20%
Judging (J) 59% Perceiving (P) 41%

#90 of 792 Old 07-04-2009, 12:20 AM

Down to Earth, I share the same journey as you. Feeling weird about being myself growing up. Also enjoyed having an evening by myself after hours of school (and all that you said). It is nice to be in a state of mind where I am happy to be me and don't have a need to please others. Just accept who I am. I think schools are a very unnatural environment for children only made for certain types of personalities. Maybe that is where anxieties start, because we don't feel accepted...
Also, speaking of similar interests, I am wondering if introverted people tend to live similar lifestyles like parenting styles. If we don't have such a big need to belong to big groups, we are less depended on their approval and choices from the outside or the main stream. Maybe it is easier for "us" to make choices closer to our heart. I have always been different in that way, where I never had a need to belong or follow peer pressure. Maybe because we don't care that much about other people (like strangers) and we are not scared to be left alone... just some thoughts...

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page