Rainbow Gathering Mamas - Page 2 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#31 of 39 Old 07-06-2009, 10:24 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
i agree, i think everyone could even use just one gathering under their belt, it is such an experiance to have even if it is not your "thing"

:'n mama to Lotus and Zen :
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#32 of 39 Old 07-06-2009, 10:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cupcakeladybug View Post
I'm curious to know what Rainbow Gatherings are.
it's pretty much a whole bunch of people in the woods, cooking food, trading and bartering for things they want, praying for peace, helping out, no money, no electronics and connecting with others! i love it!

:'n mama to Lotus and Zen :
#33 of 39 Old 07-07-2009, 12:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoBleusMama View Post
it's pretty much a whole bunch of people in the woods, cooking food, trading and bartering for things they want, praying for peace, helping out, no money, no electronics and connecting with others! i love it!

That's awesome!!!

(I update as much as I can)
#34 of 39 Old 07-07-2009, 12:16 AM

Wishing this was closer to NE . I am a hippie but DH isnt - hes a cow boy , so a camping adventure involving stars and bon fires is up his allie to . Sre there Rainbows at Earth Song ?

Shannon : married to my love Colin Mother to Maggie-Ray(5-06)high needs Rock star and CJ(4-08) Sweet Distruction:Vegitarian BFing BWing CDing Vax reserching Viniger loving Family
#35 of 39 Old 07-07-2009, 12:31 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
hmm.. well my dad is a cowboy, he likes the fires and stars of a gathering but the "hippies" might be a bit much for your d.h.

Visit the Holiday Helper thread and join in on the giving and fun! Loving and working with the plants. I have a store! or two!
#36 of 39 Old 07-07-2009, 01:25 AM

Quote:
Seriously??? Wow.....

Is there a religious affiliation? That sounds AWESOME!

winner.jpg, cloth diapering, babywearing, AP mama to Aiden (10/04/07) and Rylan (12/20/10)  hbac.gif
#37 of 39 Old 07-08-2009, 11:27 PM - Thread Starter

We just got back from the MO gathering and I feel so refreshed. We all had such a great time (even if it was like a giant A camp) and my boys were so helpful and polite to everybody, they made me so proud. It was so nice being Home with Family. There were some LEO's roaming around but we didn't see any problem from them. It was much much much smaller than the NM gathering (maybe about 100 people at the peak) but it was absolutely wonderful and we'll totally be going back next year.

Betty *(.)(.)* mama to: DS1 (12) DS2 (11) DS3 (8)
(12/26/06) (5/11/09) (10/7/09)x2

#38 of 39 Old 07-09-2009, 10:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ian'smommaya View Post
hmm.. well my dad is a cowboy, he likes the fires and stars of a gathering but the "hippies" might be a bit much for your d.h.
LOL they might be but being married to me he lives with his fair share of far out things and deals nicely with my hippie friends. but it is a concern . I used to go to Look out Rnach with my cousin before I had kids and hope now that we both have kids to hit somme festival more localy

Shannon : married to my love Colin Mother to Maggie-Ray(5-06)high needs Rock star and CJ(4-08) Sweet Distruction:Vegitarian BFing BWing CDing Vax reserching Viniger loving Family
#39 of 39 Old 09-15-2009, 08:20 PM

Anyone allready hearing any rumors about next years nationals? I hope to hit up a few regionals next spring at the least.

Rebecca - Single mom to one perfect DD and one not so perfect dog.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page