Spring MJ/Cannabis Mamas!! - Page 13 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#361 of 384 Old 06-25-2009, 01:56 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by mama516/419 View Post
I can honestly say that even with no specific sourse to quote you NEED NOT worry that your MJ use will contaminate your BM supply resulting in messing up your babies brain . Its not chemicaly possble . MJ smoking - after the high goes away leaves no damage to adult brain actualy the oppiset is true , MJ uses show higher brain activity when when presented with the same images as non uses but respond in the same time frame , and using more brain sections makes stronger neural paths which increase chances of recovery in a stroke
http://www.wired.com/wiredscience/20...ard-scienti/-- stoner brain scan
http://www.cannabisfacts.ca/ -- candians compairing drug toxcities
and just becouse its a good general link here is normals state by state laws and what not http://norml.org/index.cfm?Group_ID=4516
Thank you mama516/419! That was beautifully written! Cleared out a space in my brain!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#362 of 384 Old 06-25-2009, 03:24 AM

Where do you buy good quality pot? This is a really dumb question i know...its illegal so you cant give me any shops or your dealers name lol.

Just wondering where you get yours and if you worry about what it was grown with????

I live in AZ and the stuff that comes from Mexico is nasty...

My friend and her b/f grow it at a secret location but they use chemicals to grow it.

xoxoxox

#363 of 384 Old 06-25-2009, 08:55 AM

I get mine from a friend and know its homegrown and organic.

Saamy Student mama to  superhero.gifand hearts.gifand babyf.gif

#364 of 384 Old 06-25-2009, 08:56 AM

I was also wondering.. shouldn't this be the summer mj mamas thread now? Spring is over, sisters.

#365 of 384 Old 06-25-2009, 09:28 AM

I used to be really active here and I haven't actually been smoking pot for a couple of years. You have my support though! legalize it for personal AND medical use!

::::

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8HcXcYlF3_0
#366 of 384 Old 06-25-2009, 10:11 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by amrijane128 View Post
MAMAS! Hello everyone! I was part of this thread a while back... then it got moved and I couldn't find it for the longest time. I've been w/out internet for a while and now I'm back.

I've really missed this thread, how is everyone?

News: DH just got approved for his medical marijuana license. Whoo hoo!!

The end.
Hi mama! great to see you here, again! And awesome news about your dh! Congrats to him!
#367 of 384 Old 06-25-2009, 10:44 AM - Thread Starter

I know for sure our stuff is homegrown and organic. :

You can just tell...once you get a taste for the homegrown organic high (hehehe) quality herb, you know right away if it's not. Especially if you use a vape. You can taste the pureness and fresh flavor of it; aromatic...fragrant MJ will not be hard to distinguish, especially if you know what kind of MJ it is..and then you can taste the undertones of those flavors as well. When you get swill...you can taste the nasty, harsh flavor of it and moan about it to your vaping buddy Also, once you are at that point, it's quite easy to tell by the way you feel after you use your MJ. By then you'll know the difference from a high quality Indica and Sativa strain. When you use the dirt or nasty stuff, you'll know it right away! It's terrible compared to the good stuff! You can also tell by looking at it. Like dp (self proclaimed MJ connoisseur) says...if it's homegrown organic stuff it won't have seeds (only mass produced commercial crap does), no harsh aftertones, and you'll be able to see the difference by seeing hairs and crystals visibly on the herb. Flushing your plants out for the last 2 weeks before harvest and ample drying time is how to get the fresh, smooth, fragrant tasting herb...and only homegrown organic (most of the time, anyway) growers do this and take the time to do this b/c they care about the herb they are producing and are out to grow high quality beautiful bud. :

As for nursing...my biggest concern would not be the THC, for reasons mama516/419 explaines so well...but the chemicals used on the herb and toxins from inhaling smoke. My best advice...as often as possible use homegrown organic stuff and always vape if you can. But I think that's a given
#368 of 384 Old 06-25-2009, 11:13 AM

LJ, your sig is very clever!

#369 of 384 Old 06-25-2009, 12:22 PM

I didn't know there was such a group as this anywhere on the internet! My DH and I are occasional "partakers" and I feel that our usage is very responsible. I also feel that it isn't any more detrimental that a parent that comes home and drinks a beer after work...and we're much more responsible than many parents we know who are "free and clear". It's too bad that we're stigmatized...it doesn't help that we're young parents in a low income bracket.

Sarah-Wife to Kelly, mostly organic crafty SAHMama to my angel, Canaan (11/01/07-03/15/2013) and Ezra (05-12-09).

#370 of 384 Old 06-25-2009, 01:50 PM

Chakra -

We have a friend that grows, so I know it's homegrown and organic. What a difference! It took us a long while to get this hook up - and like a PP said, once you try it, you will know right away. And never want to go back to anything else!

I also hate the stigma - we are wonderful, responsible, professional parents. We partake on occasion, at night once ds is asleep. Most people would have no clue we even smoke and would probably be shocked. I honestly think it's less responsible to have a big glass of wine - at least for me, that impairs me much more than herb. Dh suffers from depression and chronic pain - and mj helps very much with those conditions.

Candacepeace.gif, Married to dh   guitar.gif, Mom to ds (8) biggrinbounce.gif , Gavin candle.gif (9/30/10 - 12/19/10) and cautiously expecting our rainbow1284.gif 4-29-12

#371 of 384 Old 06-25-2009, 07:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chakra View Post
Where do you buy good quality pot? This is a really dumb question i know...its illegal so you cant give me any shops or your dealers name lol.

Just wondering where you get yours and if you worry about what it was grown with????

I live in AZ and the stuff that comes from Mexico is nasty...

My friend and her b/f grow it at a secret location but they use chemicals to grow it.
there are actually three shops right here in my neighborhood!
#372 of 384 Old 06-25-2009, 08:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by barefootmama0709 View Post
I didn't know there was such a group as this anywhere on the internet! My DH and I are occasional "partakers" and I feel that our usage is very responsible. I also feel that it isn't any more detrimental that a parent that comes home and drinks a beer after work...and we're much more responsible than many parents we know who are "free and clear". It's too bad that we're stigmatized...it doesn't help that we're young parents in a low income bracket.
Welcome.
#373 of 384 Old 06-26-2009, 12:22 AM

I've only popped in on this thread, and related thread, once or twice in the past. I get my stuff from the dispensary locally. It seems the edible stuff works for me to cure insomnia and anxieties. It's hard for me to smoke it because I stay up all night, literally.
I need to start cooking because the cookies and brownies at the dispensary is really expensive!

Anyone experts here with edibles?
I'm a little nervous about making anything myself as my bff has gotten sick from the cannabutter she made once. The recipes online vary quite a bit. Can anyone share your favorite cannabutter recipe?
Any other edible recipe as well?

Your generous help is so appreciated.
#374 of 384 Old 06-26-2009, 02:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mistymama View Post
I also hate the stigma - we are wonderful, responsible, professional parents. We partake on occasion, at night once ds is asleep. Most people would have no clue we even smoke and would probably be shocked. I honestly think it's less responsible to have a big glass of wine - at least for me, that impairs me much more than herb. Dh suffers from depression and chronic pain - and mj helps very much with those conditions.
Ok so I was going to make a fake username to post here because I know some MDC mama's IRL & was afraid of people finding out, but your post made me think. I agree 100%!!! I grew up with a father & a 10-year-older brother that abused pot, alcohol & other drugs at various times so there was always a big stigma for me. I NEVER smoked until I was 30 years old. Now that I've done it I can completly say I am glad I waited until I could really enjoy & appreciate it. I smoke (someday hopefully vap) with my husband & on a rare occassion with a few friends at night after the kids are in bed a few nights a week. I could drink alcohol everyday even before my kids go to bed & most people wouldn't think much of it, but tell them they you smoke MJ & : you are a bad person because of crapheads like my dad & brother giveing it a bad rap. I suffer from major anxiety & it helps me so much I am actually concidering getting a medical MJ card.

I also have been spoiled as far as quality. My 1st 2 or 3 times was decent stuff, but since then I've only had high quality sativa. I get it through a friend but if she ever moves away I don't have the 1st clue where to find more. Still niave & new to it I guess, it's only been a few months :

Cheryl, wife to an amazing man, homeschooling SAHM to Gavin 12/03, Rhys 09/06, and Ian Aug 11, 2010.

#375 of 384 Old 06-26-2009, 04:54 PM

Welcome Cheryl! I was hesitant to post here at first too - lurked for a long time before jumping in. It's awful the stigma that is applied to mj, even on MDC. I've been in several debates (not in this tribe, in other threads) where the ignorance and judgement is astounding.

Have a wonderful weekend everyone! We are going to a friend's lake house - so a weekend of grilling, campfires and floating on the lake.

Candacepeace.gif, Married to dh   guitar.gif, Mom to ds (8) biggrinbounce.gif , Gavin candle.gif (9/30/10 - 12/19/10) and cautiously expecting our rainbow1284.gif 4-29-12

#376 of 384 Old 06-26-2009, 08:10 PM

I just read this whole thread, you mamas are an awesome group I've been really anxious due to some personal issues and when I partake I feel so much better. Last saturday I vegged and watched High School Musical 1 and 2 : not something I'd normally watch at all, but it was mesmerizing at the time :

jog.gifkid.gif

#377 of 384 Old 06-26-2009, 08:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by amrijane128 View Post
MAMAS! Hello everyone! I was part of this thread a while back... then it got moved and I couldn't find it for the longest time. I've been w/out internet for a while and now I'm back.

I've really missed this thread, how is everyone?

News: DH just got approved for his medical marijuana license. Whoo hoo!!

The end.
: Congrats!!!! and Welcome!

Quote:
Originally Posted by maciascl View Post
Ok so I was going to make a fake username to post here because I know some MDC mama's IRL & was afraid of people finding out
Don't feel bad... when I first posted here a few years back I did so under a fake name!! I'm not even sure WHY now. I wonder if anyone recalls me under my old name - Muzakal Mama?? I didn't post super regualrly but I hung around.

We're so stoked! Our crops are looking sooooooo beautiful. We have a few really special plants that are growing from seeds that were brought back directly from Jamaica by a friend. We got to see video of the actual FIELD they came from... over 600 plants! Looked like x-mas in Jamaica, thus the name we chose to give it - Jamaican x-mas We also have some thriving Super Skunk, Triple Moon, another which I'm not sure of the name and a NYD clone we're nurturing. Crossing our fingers for it to root. We're getting ready to move them to the flowering room next week. They could go in now but the room isn't quite ready yet. SOOOOOO exciting.

Ima to Mizz.Jonas- 14, Isman- 12,Javsar- 9, Nani Gweesa- 4 and Baby Micah born into the Universe sleeping at full term Oct. 19th 2008 and Partner to Abba ~ belly.gif8/2011  Grateful to be Dead  broc1.gif
#378 of 384 Old 06-26-2009, 08:16 PM

Yeah that to all the talk about stigma and stuff!

I just wanted to post and say to Transformed that your sig gave me a big smile!
#379 of 384 Old 06-26-2009, 09:31 PM

just want to chime in and say I suffer from anxiety and insomnia. i have seen numerous traditional western MD and have always been prescribed various types of drugs and none have made me feel better until I caved in and sought after a MJ card.
#380 of 384 Old 06-26-2009, 09:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OliveJewel View Post
Yeah that to all the talk about stigma and stuff!

I just wanted to post and say to Transformed that your sig gave me a big smile!

We need a smoke smiley.
#381 of 384 Old 06-26-2009, 09:57 PM

anyone in tampa?
#382 of 384 Old 06-26-2009, 10:20 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by transformed View Post

We need a smoke smiley.
There is one..just not here OTBP? ring a bell?

Welcome to the new mamas! So glad to see more support here! Kristie...great news about the plants! :
#383 of 384 Old 06-27-2009, 12:10 AM

Can we start a Summer Thread

jeneca mommy to kamille, 6 lexi, 4
#3 due 2/28/12

#384 of 384 Old 06-28-2009, 10:42 PM - Thread Starter

Just wanted to link the Summer thread!! :