Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by bajamergrrl View Post
Hello again, ladies.

Welcome new WOC.

Potential congratulations to Sorin!

Congratulations to Draupadi!!

I've finally written my birth story. Overall, I feel that it was a positive experience. I was able to maintain a good attitude and zen-like demeanor until the pushing stage. That's when I had a "bit" of a meltdown. I can laugh about it now though.

DS and I are getting to know each other more day by day. We had a bumpy start to breastfeeding but we worked it out. Next challenges include transitioning to cloth diapers and starting babywearing. We have a moby that we need to show off.
What a wonderful birth story!

Sheila, mother to William and Min Hee, wife of David
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#422 of 853 Old 08-04-2009, 08:39 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brown Lioness View Post
Aww, Congrats Sheila! Many Blessings on you pregnancy!
Thank you!

Sheila, mother to William and Min Hee, wife of David
#423 of 853 Old 08-04-2009, 11:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bloomingstar View Post
well orgasms can cause the uterus to contract--feel crampy--but I don't think I've ever heard of an orgasm going on for that long
:
Orgasms are the bane of my existence. I wish that I could turn off that feature. Especially if orgasms could be at the root of the problem.

+ + =
#424 of 853 Old 08-07-2009, 01:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bloomingstar View Post
well orgasms can cause the uterus to contract--feel crampy--but I don't think I've ever heard of an orgasm going on for that long
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndrewsMother View Post
:
Orgasms are the bane of my existence. I wish that I could turn off that feature. Especially if orgasms could be at the root of the problem.
Wow. Without orgasms, I don't feel like life is worth living. : I can't imagine voluntarily giving them up. : In any case... I have had orgasm crampiness last for several hours after the fact, but only while I was pregnant. That said, there are other things that can irritate the uterus; Fibroids, for example. It's even possible that the hormonal changes during intercourse are just making you more sensitive to a condition that exists all the time... I mean that actually make sense, when you think about how everything works down there.

Mike's computer is a real pain in the behind. I'm sorely tempted to wipe the drive and install Linux. SORELY tempted. He'd be pissed... so he'd better pray my machine gets back here before the end of next week, because I'm totally ready to dismantle this one.

Hope all's going well, ladies.

Rynna, Mama to Bean (8), Boobah (6), Bella (4) and Bear (2)
#425 of 853 Old 08-07-2009, 06:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eilonwy View Post

Hope all's going well, ladies.
It's not and I'm so mad that I could curse and spit:
I frenkin hate bending over backwards and helping people and getting screwed. I'm too nice and thoughtful and it bites me in the ass every time. This is why I stay to myself, I can't stand the drama.
I planned on having a good day, instead I had a sucky sucky day.

: 2:Ma To 6 :12,8,7,5,2,1&
#426 of 853 Old 08-07-2009, 07:35 PM

Does anyone have a BFF. My aunt is mine, but their are certain things that I can't tell her.

#427 of 853 Old 08-07-2009, 08:05 PM

I have one BFF. We've known each other since birth basically (we are three days apart and our moms met in the same hospital when we were born). I can tell her anything. I can be so frank with her and she can be frank with me. But, she's the only friend I have like this. I have another close friend who I can tell a lot to but I can't tell her some of the things I tell my BFF for fear of being judged.

What I have found difficult is finding close and meaningful relationships in other women. For example, I just moved to CT after living in NJ for three years and I have no desire to keep in touch with anyone from NJ - In fact, I didn't say goodbye to one person...Kinda sucks. I feel like I'd go crazy if I didn't have my BFF to yap to .

And that's not to say that everything's been rosy with my BFF. We went through a rough patch our senior year of high school and first year of college, but we got through it. Things have rebounded 200% since then but I am aware that there can be a natural ebb and flow in a long-term friendship...

Does your question about BFF have something to do with your bad day? ... I've had some of those...The only thing I can say is to remember that it's one day and that tomorrow will be better...
#428 of 853 Old 08-07-2009, 08:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimiij View Post

Does your question about BFF have something to do with your bad day? ... I've had some of those...The only thing I can say is to remember that it's one day and that tomorrow will be better...
Thanks, Kimijj. You're right, it is one day. I can talk to my aunt about anything. In fact we talked about what happened today . In the past I never really cared about having a BFF, but I think that I need someone else to vent about my woes with DH. I'd like to hang out with someone every now and again on my Sundays off, my aunts Sundays are pretty busy. plus, sometimes she gets irked pretty easily or takes things the wrong way. I think it's because she is getting older.

#429 of 853 Old 08-07-2009, 09:02 PM

Hi, I just moved to the Houston area a few months ago. It's nice to find this thread and read your posts.
#430 of 853 Old 08-07-2009, 11:27 PM

s Jannah

I had a BFF when I was younger. Like elementary school, but we sort of grew apart, went to high school together but weren't very close, but always had each other's back and deep respect. When I moved to NY, she was living here too. We hadn't talked for months, and one day she called and said the apartment she was supposed to be moving into was going through some crazy mess with renovators, etc., and she had to move out of the place she was in--I literally didn't even think twice about telling her to come stay on my couch--this was pre-hubby, though it would've been exactly the same either way. Things were just like that with us. Not always in touch, but just down for each other. We'd been serious BFFs from age 5 on, and then she died in 2007. like a week before her birthday so I thought our other high school friend was calling to tell me about a party. Very sad, and random--she was only about to turn 27! And she wasn't sick or anything. But I still think about it a lot--I lost my oldest friend in the world, even though we weren't as close anymore, we could pick up right where we left off, even with however much we'd changed over the years.

On another note...

Today was the breastfeeding walk/event here in Brooklyn and it was so nice to see so many WOC who showed up to support breastfeeding. But there weren't enough I'm sure plenty people were at work, so that accounts for some. I think the oddest part of the event had to be the dramatic rendering of "A Hole in the Bucket." I SO wished I'd had a video camera to capture that

We've been having a lovely week, despite the heat. DS is getting bigger, older, chilling out and enjoying seeing new things and people. We went to a Zap Mama concert yesterday-and saw Arike and her fam in person --and then we went to the Purple Rain singalong in the park. I am already dreading the return of winter even while I am enjoying the summer. Heading to Houston next week to see my sister and her babies and my parents.

Anyone else up to fun things these days?

Bloomingstar Mommy to DS born 1.16.09 :
#431 of 853 Old 08-08-2009, 03:34 AM

Momtoaboy

Bloomingstar
, I am sooo sorry that you lost your dear friend. I can't even imagines

I REALLY wanted to be at the event , maybe next year.
We are going to a picnic in LI and today is my sons 7th B-Day:

#432 of 853 Old 08-08-2009, 05:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eilonwy View Post
Wow. Without orgasms, I don't feel like life is worth living. : I can't imagine voluntarily giving them up. : In any case... I have had orgasm crampiness last for several hours after the fact, but only while I was pregnant. That said, there are other things that can irritate the uterus; Fibroids, for example. It's even possible that the hormonal changes during intercourse are just making you more sensitive to a condition that exists all the time... I mean that actually make sense, when you think about how everything works down there.

Thanks for the perspective. Something is wrong, and I am going to pray for an easy fix!

+ + =
#433 of 853 Old 08-08-2009, 05:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Momtoaboy View Post
Hi, I just moved to the Houston area a few months ago. It's nice to find this thread and read your posts.
Hello, welcome to Houston, and MDC!

+ + =
#434 of 853 Old 08-08-2009, 05:51 AM

My BFF is DH. I have a few close women friends that I have acquried since moving to Houston. I don't know if I have ever had a female BFF.........no, I have not.

+ + =
#435 of 853 Old 08-08-2009, 08:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndrewsMother View Post
My BFF is DH. I have a few close women friends that I have acquried since moving to Houston. I don't know if I have ever had a female BFF.........no, I have not.
My DH is my BFF, too, although for many years I never thought of him as such. Then, one day he says out of the blue, "You are my best friend. Do you know that?" (I love a man who can express his emotions.) And that's when I realized, yeah! Back at cha, baby!

I have a couple of girlfriends who I am also close to, so I feel lucky. Unfortunately, none of my oldest friends live here in Chicago anymore. But I am working on making new ones!
#436 of 853 Old 08-10-2009, 09:40 PM

I remember this thread used to go so fast. Are we all now just on FB

#437 of 853 Old 08-10-2009, 10:25 PM

I'm just running around trying to get it together to go on this trip Wednesday.

Bloomingstar Mommy to DS born 1.16.09 :
#438 of 853 Old 08-11-2009, 03:35 AM

ohmygosh!! so i have been doing my normal late night drive by lurking visits to mdc via my subscribed threads panel, wondering why no one was talking in our WOC thread. today i decided enough was enough! and went to the old thread to bump it. and found this one! yay! so now i'm happily catching up but in case i fall asleep before i finish, wanted to say HI and subscribe and send love love love to you ladies )

little HoneyBaby is almost 16 months! he's getting some of his back teeth, saying words (his favorites are 'ball' and 'DJ' - he's very musically inclined and the hubster used to hold him and spin; we've totally created a monster; proof @ http://vimeo.com/5017501) and we're going to be starting at a parent/toddler playgroup next month. life is grand. hope everyone is enjoying their summers! mwah!
#439 of 853 Old 08-11-2009, 04:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brown Lioness View Post
I heart Toni's locks...i have severe lock envy when it comes to her crown because i LOVE salt and pepper and/or silver locks.
oooh me too! my long-range hair plans include chopping off my hair when i start to go seriously gray so that i can then rock the silver locks. mmm!

Quote:
Originally Posted by purplegirl View Post
*swooning*

A dear friend of mine met, who seems like a very nice fellow. He informed her from day one that he didn't want to date unless they shared the same goal of getting married. They are of one accord with this issue. However, he wants to be married by the end of this year, at which time they will have known each other for a total of six months. He has some work issues that will require him to travel overseas for a few months. He wants to make sure he takes care of business before leaving. She feels he is the 'one', but is wondering if the length of time that you know each other pre marriage. correlates with marital happiness/success. I am sure there is research on this topic, but she wanted anecdotal stories.
snip!
Quote:
Oh, I should mention that he will be traveling to a very dangerous region which, I think, is a factor in him wanting to marry her so quickly.

Thanks lovelies!

i met DH in late july 98. we became more than friends around september or so. by january 99 we had moved in together and had a joint checking account. we got married in june. 10 amazing yrs, and counting.

since it's been so long since you originally asked, do you have an update on whaty our friend chose to do? apologies if you already updated; i'm replying before i finished catching up so clear out my multiquote cache. ;o)

my general advice about marriage is, 'if you have to ask... DON'T.'

if your friend feels pressured or rushed in any way, she may want to go with her gut and not do it. on the other hand, if she feels strongly for this guy, like she wouldn't even be doubting if not for the time crunch, then again, i'd say go with her gut. like if her gut feels it's a fine idea but her head is worried b/c on paper it seems too soon? do it.

sex/relationship advice columnist dan savage said in a recent column something like '16 months is too soon' and the comments on his column that week were FULL of people who'd gotten hitched way way sooner than that and were happily together 5, 10, 15, 20 yrs later. you can find anecdotes to support either spectrum, and it's really about what your friend feels. where? in her gut. LOL.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiksty View Post
Hello ladies!

I'm back after having DD2, Terra (Bug) 3/30/09. She's doing well...on my shoulder now, so this will be a short one...
snip!

Quote:
Do any of you ladies live in Baltimore? I know NOTHING of the place...besides were it sits on the map...I need to do research.
~B
Quote:
Welcome back. Congrats on the grad school stuff; that is exciting. I live about 45 mins from Baltimore and it is easily one of my favorite cities. It is diverse, still developing and I believe the cost of housing, still affordable. If I didn't have a practice here, that would be one city I would seriously consider relocating to. I know there is another sista on here who resides in Baltimore. Perhaps she will chime in with specifics.
Quote:
My family is hosting a reunion there in late August, so I will be able to check out more stuff for ya!
welcome wiksty - congrats on the new baby!! @purplegirl why did i NOT realize that you were in the area!! hit me via pm or fb when you are in town for the reunion; maybe we can hook up or you can stop by the shop or something.

i've been in baltimore for ... wow in november it will have been four years! i. love. it. here. me and the hubster have a little saturday shop in charles village, just a few blocks up from u. of baltimore! it's just one of many fabulous neighborhoods in what we have found to be a fabulous little city. we look forward to meeting you!

ETA: and not two posts down from where i stopped reading to reply, you mentioned oyin, LOL!! well, yay! make sure to PM or email me through the site when you are coming into town for a visit or to househunt, so i can make sure to be at the shop or arrange to meet you there. (the shop is open every saturday but we're not always there so if any of you ladies make it to bmore and want to stop by the shop please please email first! i'd love to meet any of you guys!)

and no - you'll have no shortage of hair salons or care choices here; there are hair salons on every frigging corner! we sell supplies for the DIY sista, and on our street alone are like a dozen salons, three or four of which specialize in natural hair. in baltimore natural hair is EVERYWHERE. (not only baltimore, i find this to be the case in most cities on the east coast in recent years; i don't know why it stands out to me here; perhaps because the concentration of black people in this city is so high? perhaps because the variety of natural haired people is so wide? like, not just the hipsters or the college students; you might see anyone from cops to crackheads with locs) (anyhoo. i digress. and i'm going to bed.)

mwah!
#440 of 853 Old 08-11-2009, 06:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jannah6 View Post
I remember this thread used to go so fast. Are we all now just on FB
Yes, yes we are. Me on Facebook.

As to BFF, I've had a handful of close female friends but my only BFF have been guys. THRH is the first person to whom I've felt I could truly say *anything* and that alone is so liberating I can't even find the words to express it. Things that I've been not saying my entire life have come out, and he accepts and understands and even relates. It's fabulosity.

I'm having massive sleep issues lately. It's getting to the point that I'm going to have to make things worse by using caffeine in an effort to regulate myself more appropriately, and I'm totally dreading it. Today, for instance-- I haven't had enough sleep, but I don't think I'll be able to get any rest in the hour I have left before it's time to wake up. If I can't function (e.g. I don't feel like it's safe for me to drive because I"m too tired) I'll have to down a ridiculous energy drink in order to do so. Of course that'll absolutely ensure that I don't sleep tomorrow-- not only for the 4-8 hours that the energy drink will work, but for another 12-24 hours after that (because my system takes that long to clear stimulants). : Granted, I have very little that I absolutely MUST do this week, but it's obnoxious. I just want to be able to plan normal days, and to have some flexibility about my daytime schedule without having to worry about whether or not I'll have slept enough to do X on any given day.

Crap, migraine coming on from lack of sleep. That's just what I needed. :

#441 of 853 Old 08-11-2009, 06:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by oyinmama View Post
little HoneyBaby is almost 16 months! he's getting some of his back teeth, saying words (his favorites are 'ball' and 'DJ' - he's very musically inclined and the hubster used to hold him and spin; we've totally created a monster; proof @ http://vimeo.com/5017501) and we're going to be starting at a parent/toddler playgroup next month. life is grand. hope everyone is enjoying their summers! mwah!
What a cutie!!! That video was hilarious!

I'm a big fan of helping kids develop their talents/interests. One day I was on the subway in NY and there was this performer playing the drums for tips. There was also this toddler there that LOVED the music, he was dancing and clapping his hands, so adorable! Then, the performer let the toddler play the drums and the little guy beat the drums so hard and he was dancing while he was playing the drums - I've never seen anything like it. His father gave the guy a tip but I remember thinking that I hope the father gets the toddler a drum set!

OT - since I moved to CT I have not been able to sleep past 5:30 AM! There is this crazy bird outside my window that won't stop making these loud repetitive calls/noises. I want to sleep, not listen to him. :
#442 of 853 Old 08-11-2009, 10:23 AM

Quote:
oooh me too! my long-range hair plans include chopping off my hair when i start to go seriously gray so that i can then rock the silver locks. mmm!

snip!

i met DH in late july 98. we became more than friends around september or so. by january 99 we had moved in together and had a joint checking account. we got married in june. 10 amazing yrs, and counting.

since it's been so long since you originally asked, do you have an update on whaty our friend chose to do? apologies if you already updated; i'm replying before i finished catching up so clear out my multiquote cache. ;o)

my general advice about marriage is, 'if you have to ask... DON'T.'

if your friend feels pressured or rushed in any way, she may want to go with her gut and not do it. on the other hand, if she feels strongly for this guy, like she wouldn't even be doubting if not for the time crunch, then again, i'd say go with her gut. like if her gut feels it's a fine idea but her head is worried b/c on paper it seems too soon? do it.

sex/relationship advice columnist dan savage said in a recent column something like '16 months is too soon' and the comments on his column that week were FULL of people who'd gotten hitched way way sooner than that and were happily together 5, 10, 15, 20 yrs later. you can find anecdotes to support either spectrum, and it's really about what your friend feels. where? in her gut. LOL.

snip!

welcome wiksty - congrats on the new baby!! @purplegirl why did i NOT realize that you were in the area!! hit me via pm or fb when you are in town for the reunion; maybe we can hook up or you can stop by the shop or something.

i've been in baltimore for ... wow in november it will have been four years! i. love. it. here. me and the hubster have a little saturday shop in charles village, just a few blocks up from u. of baltimore! it's just one of many fabulous neighborhoods in what we have found to be a fabulous little city. we look forward to meeting you!

ETA: and not two posts down from where i stopped reading to reply, you mentioned oyin, LOL!! well, yay! make sure to PM or email me through the site when you are coming into town for a visit or to househunt, so i can make sure to be at the shop or arrange to meet you there. (the shop is open every saturday but we're not always there so if any of you ladies make it to bmore and want to stop by the shop please please email first! i'd love to meet any of you guys!)

and no - you'll have no shortage of hair salons or care choices here; there are hair salons on every frigging corner! we sell supplies for the DIY sista, and on our street alone are like a dozen salons, three or four of which specialize in natural hair. in baltimore natural hair is EVERYWHERE. (not only baltimore, i find this to be the case in most cities on the east coast in recent years; i don't know why it stands out to me here; perhaps because the concentration of black people in this city is so high? perhaps because the variety of natural haired people is so wide? like, not just the hipsters or the college students; you might see anyone from cops to crackheads with locs) (anyhoo. i digress. and i'm going to bed.)

mwah!

Hey Oyinmama. I was in bmore for a whirlwind reunion with my family. It did cross my mind to bring some of my family to your shop, but I go so busy organizing and stressing!! I am now chillin on The Vineyard. However, I popped on because I learned of a connection you and I have--through facebook of course, and now I'm wondering if we are related!! My cousin is friends with you and your husband. In one of his pics, he refers to your husband as 'cousin'. Of course, us folks are known to call close friends 'cuz', etc, but that caught my eye. I also learned this cousin and his wife are on MDC!!

I still love Bmore and was more than impressed by all of the natural hair wearing sisters and brothers.
More later...........off to the Ink well:

afro.jpg
#443 of 853 Old 08-11-2009, 10:48 AM

Quote:
Hey Oyinmama. I was in bmore for a whirlwind reunion with my family. It did cross my mind to bring some of my family to your shop, but I go so busy organizing and stressing!! I am now chillin on The Vineyard. However, I popped on because I learned of a connection you and I have--through facebook of course, and now I'm wondering if we are related!! My cousin is friends with you and your husband. In one of his pics, he refers to your husband as 'cousin'. Of course, us folks are known to call close friends 'cuz', etc, but that caught my eye. I also learned this cousin and his wife are on MDC!!

I still love Bmore and was more than impressed by all of the natural hair wearing sisters and brothers.
The world is so small and even smaller now due to technology. I learned one of my regular blog readers actually used to date my brother...talk about small world.

I'm here but busy with the kids, my son is working on college stuff since he is applying early to colleges, narrowed his list down to 6 schools. Ladies, start saving money for your kids now for college, college costs are no joke. I keep joking, I better start losing more weight cuz Mama may be working a pole to pay his tuition (bad joke I know..LOL).

Anyway life is good rather I am gonna make it good, looking forward to the summer program at work to wind down..we fed a lot of kids but talk about work, Its been crazy.

Shay

Mothering since 1992...its one of the many hats I wear.
#444 of 853 Old 08-11-2009, 11:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rootzdawta View Post
BTW, I'm currently reading Raising Cain and How Children Learn which both are pushing me further into the unschooling camp.
thanks for those titles, rootzdawta!

Quote:

wait - just this past weekend?? u must mean B & I?? omg i went to college with them, we used to publish a zine together, LOL!!!! they came and spent some time at the shop - that is TOO funny. what a small world!! : we're not actually related, my hubby used to DJ under the name 'cousin pete' - i think i know the pic you're talking about, it's from a gig he and B did together. what are their names on MDC?

tell the vineyard i said hi. this summer was not the summer for us, but we are getting LOTS more help and the shape of our lives is changing to one where we don't have to work 24/7. now it's more like 24/5 whoo hoo! by next summer we hope to be able to take extended time off and maybe we'll see you there. ;o)

@ Shay - i dunno, that joke was pretty hilarious to me congrats to your big boy and good luck staying off the pole
#445 of 853 Old 08-11-2009, 11:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shayinme View Post
Ladies, start saving money for your kids now for college, college costs are no joke. I keep joking, I better start losing more weight cuz Mama may be working a pole to pay his tuition (bad joke I know..LOL).
: I'll be dreadfully honest here and say that paying for college is one of my greatest fears as the parent of at least one (and quite possibly four) highly gifted child. : I keep trying not to think about it, as there are far more pressing concerns money-wise.

#446 of 853 Old 08-11-2009, 12:09 PM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
*holds on to her ovaries for dear life*

OMG, oyinmama, that video was NSFBF (Not Safe For Baby Fever)!!! How CUUUTE is your son!! AAHHH!!!!

Quote:
ohmygosh!! so i have been doing my normal late night drive by lurking visits to mdc via my subscribed threads panel, wondering why no one was talking in our WOC thread. today i decided enough was enough! and went to the old thread to bump it. and found this one! yay! so now i'm happily catching up but in case i fall asleep before i finish, wanted to say HI and subscribe and send love love love to you ladies )

NMY actively making my dreams happen :
#447 of 853 Old 08-11-2009, 01:41 PM

Thanks for the well wishes ladies. My LO is 3 weeks old now and thriving on his mama's milk. at the thought of college costs.

Funny there's all this talk about facebook cuz I just joined after a few years of stubborn resistance. I still refuse to twitter though.

Quote:
He is adorable!!
#448 of 853 Old 08-11-2009, 02:05 PM

Quote:
thanks for those titles, rootzdawta!

wait - just this past weekend?? u must mean B & I?? omg i went to college with them, we used to publish a zine together, LOL!!!! they came and spent some time at the shop - that is TOO funny. what a small world!! : we're not actually related, my hubby used to DJ under the name 'cousin pete' - i think i know the pic you're talking about, it's from a gig he and B did together. what are their names on MDC?

tell the vineyard i said hi. this summer was not the summer for us, but we are getting LOTS more help and the shape of our lives is changing to one where we don't have to work 24/7. now it's more like 24/5 whoo hoo! by next summer we hope to be able to take extended time off and maybe we'll see you there. ;o)

@ Shay - i dunno, that joke was pretty hilarious to me congrats to your big boy and good luck staying off the pole
Yes, B AND I: Oh man am I sorry I didn't know they were coming to your shop! Did they bring other family members? I have a large hippie contingent in my family, so I know they totally enjoyed that. I recall a bunch of them leaving the hotel in search of 'this store'. Dang, had only I known.

Congrats on getting additional help. That also means biz is doing well and that is awesome. The vineyard awaits you, mamita. The peaceful feeling here is palpable~

I will be back to respond to other posts later. I am off to the Featherstone Art Gallery for a textile art class. Woohoo!! It is hot as heck here.

afro.jpg
#449 of 853 Old 08-11-2009, 07:53 PM

Well, ladies, this is unbelievable---

I'm pregnant.

We really did not think that it would happen this soon (first month trying). But a 36 year old egg hooked up with 39 year old sperm and BAM! Due April 20th.

My parents and the ILs are going to be thrilled (*especially* the ILs).

The timing is not so bad. I'll be able to almost get through the spring semester, and finding subs should be easy. I'm only 4 weeks now, so I'm cautiously optimistic, and I have an appointment with a midwife on Sept 11. So far, I only have cramps--persisting, unrelenting cramps--and I'm so so so so tired. Fortunately, those symptoms are not enough to keep me from getting done what I need to get done, and I can still fake on the job that I'm not preg because I'd like to wait until 12 weeks to tell anyone.

The only new hurdle I have to overcome is the scheduling for next semester. Once I found out, I knew that when the time comes to put in our teaching preferences, I am going to request 4 sections of the same class (Freshman comp). The class is easy for me to teach and easy to find a sub for. Here's the catch--last semester, I had agreed to teach a more complicated research writing class with a particular emphasis that would be cross-linked with other classes in the college. Since I will have to bow out of the semester early, I don't think it would be fair to the students if I got involved in such a sophisticated course. (Nor do I really anticipate wanting to expend the tremendous amount of energy needed to plan/teach this course.) I was initially thinking that I will be able to wait until 12 weeks have passed to choose my schedule; that way, I can easily say, "Sorry, can't do the complicated course. Pregnant. Due in April. Can't finish the semester." I go in to the office today, and guess what is in my mailbox . . . the sheet requesting our course choices for the spring! And it is due Aug 17th!!! *sigh* So now, I have to figure out a way to say, "Sorry, can't do the complicated course because . . . um . . .health issues?" I don't know what to say! Help, ladies! I am going to post this over at the WOHM board, but if you have any suggestions, I'd appreciate it!
#450 of 853 Old 08-11-2009, 08:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sorin View Post
Well, ladies, this is unbelievable---

I'm pregnant.

We really did not think that it would happen this soon (first month trying). But a 36 year old egg hooked up with 39 year old sperm and BAM! Due April 20th.

Congratulations!!!!!!!!!!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page