Women of Color #13 - Page 17 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 
 1Likes
Reply
 
Thread Tools
#481 of 853 Old 08-25-2009, 07:23 PM
 
Sorin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: In the city of broad shoulders
Posts: 295
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by bajamergrrl View Post
Sorin - Glad to see pregnancy is agreeing with you so far. My unsolicited advice is to eat and eat well. Don't let yourself stay hungry and thirsty if you can help it. Good nutrition can make a big difference. Enjoy your pregnancy, mama.
Thanks for the advice, bajamergrrl! Today, I did much better. I ate appropriate food at the appropriate time, and I spent the entire day drinking water. Actually, my water intake has always been good, but in the past, I have gotten too busy to eat and would occasionally skip breakfast or lunch. That is something that I now have to change for the baby! I think that one of the issues is that I don't "feel" pregnant, so once back at work yesterday, I just kept going going going like I normally do. I tend to push myself physically and mentally at whatever I do, so I need to learn to give myself permission to slow down.
Sorin is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
#482 of 853 Old 08-25-2009, 10:33 PM
 
AndrewsMother's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 1,622
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
DS began PK3 and he is loving it! I had accepted the fact that he was the only dark brown boy in his class, imagine my delight when I walked into the class the morning and there was another child of the same hue. Yesterday I went thourgh the carpool line so I did not get to see him, and his family is not new to the school so they did not come to either orientation. He is from Zimbabwae, and his mom is nice. She wants to get together for play dates so I am excited. There is also a brown girl in his class, and she is American. The class is quite diverse with students from Europe and At least two countries in Asia.

I spent most of my life as the only and while I don't regret the experience, I remember what it was like to be the odd one out. I am happy to know that he will have someone else that looks like him, especially another boy, in his class.

Now the whine.

They take naps so DS is still awake at 8:39. oh well. He normally goes to bed at 7.

+ + =
AndrewsMother is offline  
#483 of 853 Old 08-26-2009, 11:52 AM
 
Brown Lioness's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: dreaming of cocoa babies...
Posts: 1,525
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Hey all, still lurkin here lol. Glad that everyone seems to be doing well though

Hubby and I celebrated 5 years of marriage yesterday Even tho i had to go to work yesterday (couldnt get the day, let alone the week off), we had a really nice time going out to eat and came home and had a very nice time there too

Yesterday was supposed to be the culmination of our agreed upon "5 year Plan" to wait to have kids. No serious kid talk as of yet tho...too much going on...hubby is still laid off with no jobs in sight so he's working on his own graphic design biz. Im working on my own biz as well, as well as still working my fulltime job. We are stretching our lil monies to pay the bills that we can (which means many fall by the wayside, our credit is in the trash, ah well), so our original dreams of buying a house next year are far off. We also wanna move south next year, so we're working hard so that doesn't disappear also.

But overall, we're struggling, but we're together and we're happy and are counting our blessings.

NMY actively making my dreams happen :
Brown Lioness is offline  
#484 of 853 Old 08-26-2009, 04:19 PM
 
purplegirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: down by the river.....
Posts: 4,928
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brown Lioness View Post
Hey all, still lurkin here lol. Glad that everyone seems to be doing well though

Hubby and I celebrated 5 years of marriage yesterday Even tho i had to go to work yesterday (couldnt get the day, let alone the week off), we had a really nice time going out to eat and came home and had a very nice time there too

Yesterday was supposed to be the culmination of our agreed upon "5 year Plan" to wait to have kids. No serious kid talk as of yet tho...too much going on...hubby is still laid off with no jobs in sight so he's working on his own graphic design biz. Im working on my own biz as well, as well as still working my fulltime job. We are stretching our lil monies to pay the bills that we can (which means many fall by the wayside, our credit is in the trash, ah well), so our original dreams of buying a house next year are far off. We also wanna move south next year, so we're working hard so that doesn't disappear also.

But overall, we're struggling, but we're together and we're happy and are counting our blessings.

Congratulations on five years of marriage: In this world of zaniness, that is something to celebrate. I pray you and your husband will be able to achieve all of your dreams. Don't lose focus and watch more blessings unfold in your favor!

afro.jpg
purplegirl is offline  
#485 of 853 Old 08-26-2009, 05:06 PM
 
shayinme's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: land of lobster and lighthouses
Posts: 5,089
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I know some of ya'll are on Facebook but I didn't want to put my boy's business all out in the streets since he one of my FB friends.

Please see this thread in teens and give me some feedback.

http://www.mothering.com/discussions....php?t=1128970

Thanks!

Shay

Mothering since 1992...its one of the many hats I wear.
shayinme is offline  
#486 of 853 Old 08-27-2009, 08:57 PM
 
Brown Lioness's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: dreaming of cocoa babies...
Posts: 1,525
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by purplegirl View Post
Congratulations on five years of marriage: In this world of zaniness, that is something to celebrate. I pray you and your husband will be able to achieve all of your dreams. Don't lose focus and watch more blessings unfold in your favor!
Thank you, purplegirl!


Quote:
Originally Posted by shayinme View Post
I know some of ya'll are on Facebook but I didn't want to put my boy's business all out in the streets since he one of my FB friends.

Please see this thread in teens and give me some feedback.

http://www.mothering.com/discussions....php?t=1128970

Thanks!

Shay
I say he should move to be near you, but im a romantic that way and i also have no idea what its like to be a mom. But all the accolades that he has accumulated thus far wont just disappear, he will still have them to his credit in whichever way he wants to use them....but if he wants to be home with you, thas huge and maybe he needs that time with you for whatever reason.

NMY actively making my dreams happen :
Brown Lioness is offline  
#487 of 853 Old 08-28-2009, 12:02 AM
 
Jannah6's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: BROOKLYN IN THE HOUSE!!!!
Posts: 2,066
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
: CONGRATULATIONS Brown Lioness

BTW, what is NMY?

: 2:Ma To 6 :12,8,7,5,2,1&
Jannah6 is offline  
#488 of 853 Old 08-28-2009, 01:09 AM
 
Auraji's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Hatfield, PA
Posts: 932
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hello everyone. My name is Aura, Im new here. Im from the Dominican Republic and now I live in a small town in PA. It's weird growing up in Santo Domingo, I never thought of myself as a woman of color and now that I live here and Im the only person of color I know. I cant help but think more about it and want to connect with others that dont make me feel different. It's not that anyone makes me feel different, but I feel different.

I hope that's not misinterpreted.

What else can I say? I'm 23. I just had a beautiful baby daughter, she'll be 16 weeks tomorrow . Im very excited to get to know you all and hopefully make some friendships.

Quote:
Originally Posted by olliepop View Post
Not sure if many of you remember my post about going natural six months ago. I was ready for the change, really excited about my new look, and most importantly, I was confident. This was even in spite of my mom's lack of support.

Anyway, about two weeks ago, I was at a get-together with friends, when the subject of middle names came up. An acquaintance asked for mine and when I said it was Patrice, she said, "Oh yeah. Pat is perfect for you, you know since it's androgynous and all." Then she slapped her hand over her mouth and said, "I probably shouldn't have said that out loud, should I?" And she seemed really embarrassed about it.

I then asked her why shouldn't she have said it and she mumbled something about not wanting to offend anyone before walking away and that's when I realized that she didn't want to offend ME! And that she thought that my "look" was androgynous.

After that, I was down in the doldrums (I know, I'm dramatic) and I was really hurt and wondered if that's how everyone saw me and my new hair. I'm feeling a little better about it, but everytime I see this woman, I start to feel bad and wonder if I made the right choice.

Anybody BTDT?
I let my hair go natural 2 years ago. It was hard cutting it all off and I had days when I felt great about it and others when not so much. A year ago I cut it all off again because I wasnt taking good care of it. Now I have a BIG 'fro and it's healthy, but still drives me crazy sometimes. I just kinda get bored because I feel like I cant do anything with it but let it go wild and people love it, but it's everyday the same and however I do manage to style it doesnt really convince me. I've been thinking about straightening it again, but I dont know, I never really liked my chemically altered hair either, it looked boring lol
Im sorry you had that experience, but dont internalize it. It's your hair and you wear it how you want to, there's nothing androgynous about going natural and maybe if your hair is really short now, that's why she said it, but is not necessarily a bad thing. I did always when my hair was super short tried to accessorize more, big earrings, scarves wrapped on my head. I'm not saying you need to do anything, but if you're looking to feel more feminine, maybe those are some things that could help
Auraji is offline  
#489 of 853 Old 08-28-2009, 01:21 AM
 
Jannah6's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: BROOKLYN IN THE HOUSE!!!!
Posts: 2,066
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
: Aura, CONGRATULATIONS on your new baby girl and welcome to the tribe.

: 2:Ma To 6 :12,8,7,5,2,1&
Jannah6 is offline  
#490 of 853 Old 08-28-2009, 02:11 AM
 
Auraji's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Hatfield, PA
Posts: 932
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jannah6 View Post
: Aura, CONGRATULATIONS on your new baby girl and welcome to the tribe.
Thank you!

I see you're from Brooklyn. I love it there so much

I need to catch up on all the post in this thread and get to know y'all better.
Auraji is offline  
#491 of 853 Old 08-28-2009, 02:33 AM
 
Jannah6's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: BROOKLYN IN THE HOUSE!!!!
Posts: 2,066
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Auraji View Post
Thank you!

I see you're from Brooklyn. I love it there so much

I need to catch up on all the post in this thread and get to know y'all better.
I was raised in both Brooklyn and The Bronx. Do you have family in Brooklyn? One of my good friends moved to York PA and I'm making plans to visit her for a weekend:. We lived in central New Jersey for 4 yrs, but came back to NY in 07. Eventually I'd like to move to either PA or VA. City life is not my cup of tea.

: 2:Ma To 6 :12,8,7,5,2,1&
Jannah6 is offline  
#492 of 853 Old 08-28-2009, 02:42 AM
 
Auraji's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Hatfield, PA
Posts: 932
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jannah6 View Post
I was raised in both Brooklyn and The Bronx. Do you have family in Brooklyn? One of my good friends moved to York PA and I'm making plans to visit her for a weekend:. We lived in central New Jersey for 4 yrs, but came back to NY in 07. Eventually I'd like to move to either PA or VA. City life is not my cup of tea.
Let's trade places! I LOVE city life, it's just very stimulating for me to have things happening all the time and see the mix of cultures. Im a people watcher, it inspires me to write and here where I live there's no one to watch. I rarely even see people walking.

I have friends that live in Brooklyn, family in The Bronx. I used to live in Jersey City for like 4 months.

I live in Hatfield, PA. Way too small for me, Im trying to convince DP to move to Philly but he's not into it, we might compromise and move somewhere a bit more urban than here, but not a city either.
Auraji is offline  
#493 of 853 Old 08-28-2009, 02:51 AM
 
Jannah6's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: BROOKLYN IN THE HOUSE!!!!
Posts: 2,066
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Auraji View Post
Let's trade places! I LOVE city life, it's just very stimulating for me to have things happening all the time and see the mix of cultures. Im a people watcher, it inspires me to write and here where I live there's no one to watch. I rarely even see people walking.

I have friends that live in Brooklyn, family in The Bronx. I used to live in Jersey City for like 4 months.

I live in Hatfield, PA. Way too small for me, Im trying to convince DP to move to Philly but he's not into it, we might compromise and move somewhere a bit more urban than here, but not a city either.
Don't tell me you're ready for a trade cuz my bags will be packed tomorrow I grew up in the city all my life and never imagined that I'd leave NY. It was my DH idea to move to Edison, NJ and I really liked it. I like peaceful. I have enough going on with 6 kids
Where in the Bronx is your family. My mom and 4 of my siblings still live in the Bronx, the South Bronx.
You write? Is it for your personal viewing, like a journal. Or do you do blogging?

: 2:Ma To 6 :12,8,7,5,2,1&
Jannah6 is offline  
#494 of 853 Old 08-28-2009, 05:18 AM
 
eilonwy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Lost
Posts: 15,067
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hey Aura. I live in Carlisle, grew up in Lancaster. Lancaster might fit the bill for you-- close enough to the middle of nowhere, but it almost feels like a city if you're downtown and Philly's just a $15 train ticket away. Carlisle doesn't actually feel like a city at all, though it's certainly more urban than the middle of nowhere.

Rynna, Mama to Bean (8), Boobah (6), Bella (4) and Bear (2)
eilonwy is offline  
#495 of 853 Old 08-28-2009, 10:55 AM
 
purplegirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: down by the river.....
Posts: 4,928
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Auraji View Post
Hello everyone. My name is Aura, Im new here. Im from the Dominican Republic and now I live in a small town in PA. It's weird growing up in Santo Domingo, I never thought of myself as a woman of color and now that I live here and Im the only person of color I know. I cant help but think more about it and want to connect with others that dont make me feel different. It's not that anyone makes me feel different, but I feel different.

I hope that's not misinterpreted.

What else can I say? I'm 23. I just had a beautiful baby daughter, she'll be 16 weeks tomorrow . Im very excited to get to know you all and hopefully make some friendships.



I let my hair go natural 2 years ago. It was hard cutting it all off and I had days when I felt great about it and others when not so much. A year ago I cut it all off again because I wasnt taking good care of it. Now I have a BIG 'fro and it's healthy, but still drives me crazy sometimes. I just kinda get bored because I feel like I cant do anything with it but let it go wild and people love it, but it's everyday the same and however I do manage to style it doesnt really convince me. I've been thinking about straightening it again, but I dont know, I never really liked my chemically altered hair either, it looked boring lol
Im sorry you had that experience, but dont internalize it. It's your hair and you wear it how you want to, there's nothing androgynous about going natural and maybe if your hair is really short now, that's why she said it, but is not necessarily a bad thing. I did always when my hair was super short tried to accessorize more, big earrings, scarves wrapped on my head. I'm not saying you need to do anything, but if you're looking to feel more feminine, maybe those are some things that could help

Hey Aura. Welcome and congrats on your little one. I'm another city lover but suburban/tiny tiny town dweller.
Philly is where I was born and I miss it so much. I haven't lived there in years, but I visit very often. There are many places to live there that don't feel so 'city like'. My favorite part is the Germantown/Mt. Airy section. That part of Philly is nationally celebrated for being the most successfully integrated neighborhood in the country, back in the day. It is very charming and ultra crunchy! It is also home to a fantastic Co-op. If you get a chance, check it out!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mount_A...,_Pennsylvania

afro.jpg
purplegirl is offline  
#496 of 853 Old 08-28-2009, 11:01 AM
 
shayinme's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: land of lobster and lighthouses
Posts: 5,089
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Auraji View Post
Hello everyone. My name is Aura, Im new here. Im from the Dominican Republic and now I live in a small town in PA. It's weird growing up in Santo Domingo, I never thought of myself as a woman of color and now that I live here and Im the only person of color I know. I cant help but think more about it and want to connect with others that dont make me feel different. It's not that anyone makes me feel different, but I feel different.

I hope that's not misinterpreted.

What else can I say? I'm 23. I just had a beautiful baby daughter, she'll be 16 weeks tomorrow . Im very excited to get to know you all and hopefully make some friendships.



I let my hair go natural 2 years ago. It was hard cutting it all off and I had days when I felt great about it and others when not so much. A year ago I cut it all off again because I wasnt taking good care of it. Now I have a BIG 'fro and it's healthy, but still drives me crazy sometimes. I just kinda get bored because I feel like I cant do anything with it but let it go wild and people love it, but it's everyday the same and however I do manage to style it doesnt really convince me. I've been thinking about straightening it again, but I dont know, I never really liked my chemically altered hair either, it looked boring lol
Im sorry you had that experience, but dont internalize it. It's your hair and you wear it how you want to, there's nothing androgynous about going natural and maybe if your hair is really short now, that's why she said it, but is not necessarily a bad thing. I did always when my hair was super short tried to accessorize more, big earrings, scarves wrapped on my head. I'm not saying you need to do anything, but if you're looking to feel more feminine, maybe those are some things that could help
Welcome :

Mothering since 1992...its one of the many hats I wear.
shayinme is offline  
#497 of 853 Old 08-28-2009, 05:16 PM
 
CTH3989's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: "Under a Shady Tree, You and Me"
Posts: 471
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hi. Just popping in. My name is Chelci, I'm 20. Married for almost 2 years to my Marine. We have 2 little ones together and live in Hawaii.

 Chelci  Anthony, parents to:  E- 11/2006, A- 07/2008, and K- 09/2014.
A Few Facts About Our Family  
 
  
 
CTH3989 is offline  
#498 of 853 Old 08-28-2009, 05:19 PM
 
purplegirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: down by the river.....
Posts: 4,928
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by CTH3989 View Post
Hi. Just popping in. My name is Chelci, I'm 20. Married for almost 2 years to my Marine. We have 2 little ones together and live in Hawaii.

Welcome, Chelci

afro.jpg
purplegirl is offline  
#499 of 853 Old 08-28-2009, 07:43 PM
 
Auraji's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Hatfield, PA
Posts: 932
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by eilonwy View Post
Hey Aura. I live in Carlisle, grew up in Lancaster. Lancaster might fit the bill for you-- close enough to the middle of nowhere, but it almost feels like a city if you're downtown and Philly's just a $15 train ticket away. Carlisle doesn't actually feel like a city at all, though it's certainly more urban than the middle of nowhere.
I have a friend that lives in Lancaster but I've never been there myself. I live close to the city, Im like 5 minutes away from Lansdale and I can take the train from there 12$ round trip

It's just not the same.
Auraji is offline  
#500 of 853 Old 08-28-2009, 07:44 PM
 
Auraji's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Hatfield, PA
Posts: 932
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by purplegirl View Post
Hey Aura. Welcome and congrats on your little one. I'm another city lover but suburban/tiny tiny town dweller.
Philly is where I was born and I miss it so much. I haven't lived there in years, but I visit very often. There are many places to live there that don't feel so 'city like'. My favorite part is the Germantown/Mt. Airy section. That part of Philly is nationally celebrated for being the most successfully integrated neighborhood in the country, back in the day. It is very charming and ultra crunchy! It is also home to a fantastic Co-op. If you get a chance, check it out!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mount_A...,_Pennsylvania
Why did you show me that?!? Im in loveeeeeeee
Auraji is offline  
#501 of 853 Old 08-28-2009, 08:28 PM
 
Brown Lioness's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: dreaming of cocoa babies...
Posts: 1,525
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jannah6 View Post
: CONGRATULATIONS Brown Lioness

BTW, what is NMY?
Thank you!

Oh, NMY is one of MDC's tribes; it means Not Mamas Yet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Auraji View Post
Hello everyone. My name is Aura, Im new here. Im from the Dominican Republic and now I live in a small town in PA. It's weird growing up in Santo Domingo, I never thought of myself as a woman of color and now that I live here and Im the only person of color I know. I cant help but think more about it and want to connect with others that dont make me feel different. It's not that anyone makes me feel different, but I feel different.

I hope that's not misinterpreted.

What else can I say? I'm 23. I just had a beautiful baby daughter, she'll be 16 weeks tomorrow . Im very excited to get to know you all and hopefully make some friendships.



I let my hair go natural 2 years ago. It was hard cutting it all off and I had days when I felt great about it and others when not so much. A year ago I cut it all off again because I wasnt taking good care of it. Now I have a BIG 'fro and it's healthy, but still drives me crazy sometimes. I just kinda get bored because I feel like I cant do anything with it but let it go wild and people love it, but it's everyday the same and however I do manage to style it doesnt really convince me. I've been thinking about straightening it again, but I dont know, I never really liked my chemically altered hair either, it looked boring lol
Im sorry you had that experience, but dont internalize it. It's your hair and you wear it how you want to, there's nothing androgynous about going natural and maybe if your hair is really short now, that's why she said it, but is not necessarily a bad thing. I did always when my hair was super short tried to accessorize more, big earrings, scarves wrapped on my head. I'm not saying you need to do anything, but if you're looking to feel more feminine, maybe those are some things that could help
Welcome, Auraji!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CTH3989 View Post
Hi. Just popping in. My name is Chelci, I'm 20. Married for almost 2 years to my Marine. We have 2 little ones together and live in Hawaii.

Welcome Chelci!!!

NMY actively making my dreams happen :
Brown Lioness is offline  
#502 of 853 Old 08-28-2009, 10:09 PM
 
Sorin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: In the city of broad shoulders
Posts: 295
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Welcome ladies!

Sorin is offline  
#503 of 853 Old 08-28-2009, 10:26 PM
 
purplegirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: down by the river.....
Posts: 4,928
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Auraji View Post
Why did you show me that?!? Im in loveeeeeeee

I long to live there again. It's not going to happen though *sigh*

afro.jpg
purplegirl is offline  
#504 of 853 Old 08-29-2009, 11:44 PM
 
CTH3989's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: "Under a Shady Tree, You and Me"
Posts: 471
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by purplegirl View Post

Welcome, Chelci
Thank you!

 Chelci  Anthony, parents to:  E- 11/2006, A- 07/2008, and K- 09/2014.
A Few Facts About Our Family  
 
  
 
CTH3989 is offline  
#505 of 853 Old 08-30-2009, 01:37 PM
 
Sorin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: In the city of broad shoulders
Posts: 295
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hi, ladies! I've got some family stuff that just popped up and I posted about over on the "Pregnant" board.

I'd appreciate any advice you can give me, either here or there.

Thanks!
Sorin is offline  
#506 of 853 Old 09-01-2009, 10:10 AM
 
Auraji's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Hatfield, PA
Posts: 932
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jannah6 View Post
Don't tell me you're ready for a trade cuz my bags will be packed tomorrow I grew up in the city all my life and never imagined that I'd leave NY. It was my DH idea to move to Edison, NJ and I really liked it. I like peaceful. I have enough going on with 6 kids
Where in the Bronx is your family. My mom and 4 of my siblings still live in the Bronx, the South Bronx.
You write? Is it for your personal viewing, like a journal. Or do you do blogging?

I didnt mean to ignore your post, sorry, sometimes I can be a little ADD

Im not sure where in the Bronx they live, I've never been to their place and we're not like super close family.

And the writing is mostly in Spanish, I used to have a blog, www.demicacopafuera.blogspot.com, but most of what's there is in Spanish and I havent posted anything there in a LONG time. They publish a short story of mine back in Santo Domingo on a magazine, but lately I never find the time or the inspiration to write. It makes me kinda sad, I miss it.
Auraji is offline  
#507 of 853 Old 09-01-2009, 10:22 AM
 
Auraji's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Hatfield, PA
Posts: 932
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by purplegirl View Post
I long to live there again. It's not going to happen though *sigh*

Where do you live now?

I told DP and he said we're moving there!!! He likes it a lot and we even have friends that live there, I just didnt know.

I started looking up places in craiglist and the rent is way cheaper from where we live now. Our lease is up in a couple of months, so we're planning on going and checking out a lot of places on a weekend.

Yay! Thank you for telling me about Mt. Airy, this place was going to drive me insaaaaaane.
Auraji is offline  
#508 of 853 Old 09-01-2009, 11:18 AM
 
purplegirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: down by the river.....
Posts: 4,928
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Auraji View Post
Where do you live now?

I told DP and he said we're moving there!!! He likes it a lot and we even have friends that live there, I just didnt know.

I started looking up places in craiglist and the rent is way cheaper from where we live now. Our lease is up in a couple of months, so we're planning on going and checking out a lot of places on a weekend.

Yay! Thank you for telling me about Mt. Airy, this place was going to drive me insaaaaaane.

I am in boring Delaware. Actually, I'm only about 30 mins. from Philly and go there often.

I am so excited about the prospect of you living in Mt.Airy. It is such a very cool place--crunchy, diverse, intellectual and just beautiful.

The houses are to die for---old and extraordinarily charming. I rented several apartments when I lived there and talk about unique. Keep me posted on things.

afro.jpg
purplegirl is offline  
#509 of 853 Old 09-01-2009, 09:14 PM
 
Jannah6's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: BROOKLYN IN THE HOUSE!!!!
Posts: 2,066
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hubby just told me that we're going to VA next week for the wkend:::

Where should we go. I want the children to have a blast, but most of all I want to feel like I'm on vacation(especially before I start homeschooling)KWIM?

: 2:Ma To 6 :12,8,7,5,2,1&
Jannah6 is offline  
#510 of 853 Old 09-01-2009, 10:48 PM
 
eilonwy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Lost
Posts: 15,067
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Bean & Boobah went [separately] to Colonial Williamsburg with their grandparents. They both had a fabulous time, though in different activities.

Rynna, Mama to Bean (8), Boobah (6), Bella (4) and Bear (2)
eilonwy is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Drag and Drop File Upload
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



User Tag List

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off