Women of Color #13 - Page 29 - Mothering Forums
First ... 19  27  28  29
Finding Your Tribe > Women of Color #13
ErikaDP's Avatar ErikaDP 05:20 PM 09-03-2010
Hi Shay,

I don't really have time to post a long reply right now, but if you join http://groups.yahoo.com/group/AfAmUn...guid=261205045, you will be able to ask questions on a list with almost 700 unschoolers of color(mostly Black/AA).
And even though this is a very busy weekend for me, I am going to try and make it back here and post again.
*..· ´¨¨)) -:¦:-
¸.·´ .·´¨¨))
((¸¸.·´ ..·´ Peace, Love & Light!-:¦:-
-:¦:- ((¸¸.·´*

Take Care,
Erika(I don't wear a fro, I'm just a sister who likes this smilie!):
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

ErikaDP's Avatar ErikaDP 08:31 AM 02-20-2011

Hello Everyone,

It has been such a long time since I have posted here! I spend so much time on Facebook that I forget to come here and post. As a matter of fact, it was on Facebook this morning that I learned that Mothering magazine in print was no more! I don't know how I missed that news! What a sad passing! The magazine was a real lifeline for me when my children were young! And I was hoping that it would be there for my daughter and sons as they started their parenting journey.

It seems so ironic to me that as my oldest was born, the magazine went national and as my youngest became an adult, the magazine is ceasing in it's print form.

So the MDC forums are more important now than ever! And I will try to do my part in participating here more.

I hope that the new year has started off well for everyone and that you are all surviving the winter! We are really ready for spring at my house! How about you?

Well, that's all I have time for! I hope that I see posts from many of you here soon!♥

*..· ´¨¨)) -:¦:-
¸.·´ .·´¨¨))
((¸¸.·´ ..·´ Peace, Love & Light!-:¦:-
-:¦:- ((¸¸.·´*

Take Care,
Erika

AndrewsMother's Avatar AndrewsMother 04:57 AM 11-09-2011

Helllllooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo....  Everyone of FB?  I miss this forum.

Tropicalfever's Avatar Tropicalfever 07:37 AM 04-24-2012

hi everyone, its seems this forum has been deserted, or did you post a new thread?

ErikaDP's Avatar ErikaDP 08:14 AM 03-28-2014
Hi,
It has been such a long time since I have posted here. Many of us are on Facebook and it seems that it's where we are these days.
Please feel free to respond to this thread if you want to chat here too! <3
tracyamber's Avatar tracyamber 08:21 AM 04-28-2014
Can you give he Facebook link???? And why on Facebook instead of here? Just curious smile.gif
Brown Lioness's Avatar Brown Lioness 11:03 AM 10-05-2014
*Shot in the dark*

Anyone still here? Ive been on this thread since 2008 but havent posted in a couple years, so I was wondering if anyone was still looking for us.

Also, what is the facebook group name, or do ya'll still post there?

Anywho, even if none of the oldies are still here, Im bumping this up for any newcomers who would like to chat.

Ive been ready and waiting to TTC pretty much since this thread began lol. My husband and I just have agreed to start TTC our first here in a couple months, so I am in full TTC prep mode.

Anyway, if you want, i will maintain this thread if anyone is interested. Just throwing the call out there.
MsBe's Avatar MsBe 02:30 PM 10-05-2014
I'm interested! I didn't know this thread existed. And I too am in full on TTC mode. I don't do much FB'ing but check out Mothering pretty regularly so I hope this thread finds new life this year. I had just found the magazine shortly before it was discontinued (I was pregnant with DS1 and my midwife had lots of back issues to lend). And these boards have been a real godsend while dealing with feelings about my m/c in 2013.
tracyamber's Avatar tracyamber 04:05 PM 10-05-2014
Well, we can start a new thread if anyone is interested. I am!!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Brown Lioness's Avatar Brown Lioness 06:08 PM 10-05-2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by tracyamber View Post
Well, we can start a new thread if anyone is interested. I am!!

Yes, please, we can lock this thread up and start a new one.
tracyamber's Avatar tracyamber 09:07 AM 10-08-2014
Today I will start a new thread" women of color #14 !!
Can you all come over and post if you are interested. I don't think we need a thread keeper but if anyone feels we do just step up. I was never a part of any of the conversations on the old thread but I imagine we talk about anything " mothering " and related right?
Okay see you later

tracyamber's Avatar tracyamber 09:38 PM 10-08-2014
I am just waiting to see if we should start a " group" but maybe a thread would be better. I don't think there is enough of us for creating a group with various threads. Waiting for details about it from Cynthia.

tracyamber's Avatar tracyamber 09:03 AM 10-09-2014
Okay,
Here is the new thread!!!!!!!!!
Make any posts there and I hope to see posts
Women of Color 2014-2015
First ... 19  27  28  29

Up