Mothering Forum banner

Make friends here!!!!

50K views 1K replies 56 participants last post by  EveAnnemarie 
#1 ·
Welcome everyone and anyone!

We've reinvented ourselves (or rather changed the name, we're still the same
) so if you find yourself unfulfilled in the friendship department, whatever the reason, or just want to chat, COME ON IN!
:

Help me out MittensKittens!

See less See more
#27 ·
funny how you get a lot more done when stressed.
i am showered,dressed, presentable,
my children are clean, dressed & fed,
my carpets are cleaned & hoovered, our home is tidy & smells nice, all the washing up is done, looks like i might be making cake after all today.

[ i'll translate the recipe in just a moment, then i'll post it
]

#28 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by MittensKittens View Post
I'd never seen a copy of mothering before. I have read one article, which is OK. I was struck by the huge amount of advertising to be honest. About half of it seems to be advertising.

i have never seen one, i read the articles online , but mostly i'm just here in the community.
that's a shame with the advertising.
doesn't seem like mothering, i would have thought.

#31 ·
Quote:

Well, the ads are mostly for baby carriers and cloth diapers, but that's still advertising

better than half naked ladies selling make up & diet pills, at least i would not be worried about leaving mothering mag on my coffee table.

#33 ·
let me know if this recipe doens't make a lot of sense, very distracted at the moment!

grandmas german bee sting cake

for the cake:

500 g flour

100 g sugar

1 pack of yeast

250 ml warm milk

1 egg

50 g soft butter

for the filling:

2 packs of vanilla pudding powder
750 ml milk
200 ml cream

for the topping;
100 ml cream
50 g butter
2 tblsps liquid honey
100 g sugar
200 g almonds (thinly sliced)

how to:

add yeast to the flour, one teaspoon sugar & some milk. \
cover with damp tea towel & let stand in a warm place for 5 minutes.
prepare the vanilla pudding with milk & sugar, add the egg yolk, stir till the pudding has cooled down completely.

add the rest of the cake ingredients to the dough, let it stand for 30 minutes

for th etopping, in a saucepan mix everything except the almonds, bring it to boil, add the almonds till they are golden brown .

preheat your oven to 200 C , roll out the dough , add the almond topping, let it stand for for 10 minutes, then bake for 20.
let it cool down completely , cut the top off the cake, mix the cream with the pudding & put the mix between the two halves of the cake.

all done.

#36 ·
oh my goodness, that must have been terrible!!
it's actually the reason i am not pregnant yet, i so want another one, but the thought of having to find a new home while 9 months pregnant & then moving, no thank you.
hopefully,in a year, when this contract is up , we will be in a position to buy a little farm, so, then we can focus on family planning.

#41 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by BaBaBa View Post
I've actually gone through at least 2 mac power cords....no 3!
this is our second, he got his new mac about a year ago,so that's not bad, the cable broke 2 months ago,we replaced it & now it broke again , so that's why we complained, because 2 monthsis just stupid for something that cost ÂŁ60, but they were very sweet, said they'll send someone round to bring us a new cable & collect the old one.

#42 ·
Good morning BBB!

Quote:
oh my goodness, that must have been terrible!!
it's actually the reason i am not pregnant yet, i so want another one, but the thought of having to find a new home while 9 months pregnant & then moving, no thank you.
hopefully,in a year, when this contract is up , we will be in a position to buy a little farm, so, then we can focus on family planning.
Me too! I so much want another one! Now is definitely not the time though. I am already thinking about finding a bigger place (but I hate the thought of moving, and my landlady is really nice. I see her once in three months for the rent and she is always gone within 10 seconds, yet if I need something she is always available). Once I get on my feet again financially, I am hoping for one more at some stage though. A little farm sounds wonderful! Do you like England? I took a look at your blog. What is that beach you went to? Brighton?

#43 ·
Hello!

I hear this is the spot to make new friends.

herewearetogether- I read your blog. It's lovely. Your children are beautiful. Are you a Waldorf parent? Based on the fairy hunt and toys, I wondered if you might be. Also, are you German, Austrian, or Swiss? Is your spouse? Just curious...I did my study abroad during college in Salzburg, and lived 2 years in northern Germany after school. I would love to have bilingual children, but that's not likely to happen since we're Americans living in the U.S.

How about other folks in this thread? Where is everyone?

#45 ·
Quote:

#
Do you like England? I took a look at your blog. What is that beach you went to? Brighton?
i love england, but even if i didn't i'd stay here because of the homeschooling laws

brighton is about 2 hours from here, we go down to our local beach, it's just 5 minutes walk, which is really great for days when the kids are just toooo active

#46 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by Geigerin View Post
Hello!

I hear this is the spot to make new friends.

How about other folks in this thread? Where is everyone?
Hi! Welcome! (New blood - great
!)

And yes - where is everyone? Maybe we should ask the mods to put a link to the new thread in the old one?

#47 ·
Quote:

On your macbook? That happened to me last month, fortunately they replace them since they cost like 150 euros to buy new. How long did the cable last you?
the first one lasted about 9 months, the second one only 2.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.